Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2 hours ago, -OZ- said:

:shrug: I'm just going with "Luke knew what he came for, and felt no threat in the room" and "boba never really had animosity against Luke, but the bounty hunter / Jedi story isn't over"

Boba was not there in that scene for Luke to even know about.  He flies the decoy mission and then goes away in his ship as the other ship goes into the landing bay, well before the Xwing shows up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise... Favreau is so money and he

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individua

Mark Hamill @HamillHimself The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhe

38 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Boba was not there in that scene for Luke to even know about.  He flies the decoy mission and then goes away in his ship as the other ship goes into the landing bay, well before the Xwing shows up.

Fine, I'll rewatch it! 

;)

I don't know why I'm putting there in my mind, maybe just that agent May was there. I mean, I know you're right. But still there were 3 in similar armor, I wonder how many Luke had met.

Edited by -OZ-
11 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Fine, I'll rewatch it! 

;)

I don't know why I'm putting there in my mind, maybe just that agent May was there. I mean, I know you're right. But still there were 3 in similar armor, I wonder how many Luke had met.

Probably didn't know Mando. Maybe did know who Bo-Katan was/is. I thought I have read Sasha Banks character is new.

• Thanks 1

Still going back through my mind about this last episode. So much good

I pulled a kid move while watching with the wife yesterday. When the X-Wing showed up I jumped to the front of my seat and said, "It's Luke, it's Luke." Then, when he fired up the Sabre I screamed, "Time to scrap some clankers!" 

Just freakin' awesome :banned:

Edited by drunken slob
  • Like 4
  • Laughing 3

Literal Mark out moment of the last episode. Probably best Season Final in god knows how long in god knows how many shows either. Remarkable how they kept this a secrete too. 

• Like 2

I say it again because nobody disagreed with me it seemed.

luke showed up and found a Darth Vader armor looming dude with a dark saber and turned around and walked right out of the room.

anyone else think that’s a bit of a hole?

37 minutes ago, The Ref said:

luke showed up and found a Darth Vader armor looming dude with a dark saber and turned around and walked right out of the room.

Dark Saber was not seen by Luke.  He might not even know what it is even if he did see it. 

Luke is well aware there are still remnants of the Empire but he is clearly more concerned with training Jedi than trying to clean up the stragglers.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, The Ref said:

No.  He communicates with grogu so he knows all about mando. No surprise.  He's only there for the child. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, The Ref said:

He has encountered Mandalorians before. He is a powerful Force user and can divine people’s intentions. There was also a Republic marshal in the room. No hole here.

8 hours ago, The Ref said:

No.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DaVinci said:

He has encountered Mandalorians before. He is a powerful Force user and can divine people’s intentions. There was also a Republic marshal in the room. No hole here.

9 hours ago, The Ref said:

Isn’t the chest piece more medical device than armor? Luke can’t very well go round slicing up everybody with space asthma.

Also, as has been more or less said, Luke probably wouldn’t care unless he sensed Gideon was a Force user, and there were 5 people who had wiped out all the non Dark Troopers in the room. He figured the situation was handled.

20 hours ago, drunken slob said:

Still going back through my mind about this last episode. So much good

I pulled a kid move while watching with the wife yesterday. When the X-Wing showed up I jumped to the front of my seat and said, "It's Luke, it's Luke." Then, when he fired up the Sabre I screamed, "Time to scrap some clankers!" 

Just freakin' awesome :banned:

I swear I did the same thing, as did my kids. It was pandemonium. Soon as the tracker beacon beeped, the Xwing flew in, I was like oh boy.

I have watched it about 3x now. :nerd:

• Like 2
13 hours ago, The Ref said:

It's my understanding (maybe I'm reading a bit much into it) that in both the OT and the NT, Luke has been characterized a bit as not being completely invested in the Rebellion/New Republic...and is instead, completely interested in the concept of "what makes a Jedi a Jedi?"  He left the Rebellion in ESB on an open ended quest to become a Jedi.  He left the New Republic when his failures as a teacher were exposed and he went away to contemplate the idea of The Force.

To that, him being more interested in Grogu instead of the political situation on the ship(or in the galaxy for that matter) would jibe with his character.

• Like 1

I'd say the only legit booger on the glass in regards to the show is the Bo Katan/Dark Saber "Has to win it combat" situation when Sabine freely gave it to her in Rebels.  That, and maybe shoehorning Grogu/Luke up against the New Trilogy a little bit more.*

ETA: * Nevermind...it looks like the timeline goes ROTJ - 4 years ABY/ Mandolorian - 9 years ABY/ Force Awakens 34 years ABY......but I'd have to imagine that Luke leaves and goes off to be a hermit somewhere around 20 years ABY.  

Edited by Thunderlips
On 12/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, Insein said:

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individually built up over the course of 2 seasons (and some from clone wars) and shown to be the best at what they do. Then when it came time to raid the ship, they just did it. It didn't matter that they were women. They were just badasses doing what they do. That's how you do it. Show don't tell. 

Four badass chicks from the Moulin Rouge

18 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

I'd say the only legit booger on the glass in regards to the show is the Bo Katan/Dark Saber "Has to win it combat" situation when Sabine freely gave it to her in Rebels.  That, and maybe shoehorning Grogu/Luke up against the New Trilogy a little bit more.*

ETA: * Nevermind...it looks like the timeline goes ROTJ - 4 years ABY/ Mandolorian - 9 years ABY/ Force Awakens 34 years ABY......but I'd have to imagine that Luke leaves and goes off to be a hermit somewhere around 20 years ABY.  

According to the Wookieepedia, the destruction of Skywalker's academy was in 28 ABY.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Destruction_of_Luke_Skywalker%27s_Jedi_academy

Edited by bcdjr1
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

The Book of Boba Fett, confirmed for Dec 2021. Same timeline as Mando.

Yea, and with Mando 3 having been announced for Xmas 2021, there is a lot of confusion right now.  This might actually be "Season 3" and we are just playing in an open sandbox now.

2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Yea, and with Mando 3 having been announced for Xmas 2021, there is a lot of confusion right now.  This might actually be "Season 3" and we are just playing in an open sandbox now.

What's funny is, I didn't read the end highlight. Maybe had a few beers. 😁

9 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Just read Favreau say Mando season 3 will be after Boba Fett. So likely.......2022 :cry: 

He was on Good Morning America this morning talking about it. Him and Filoni are doing Fett too. 

Edited by Capella
  • Sad 1
Just now, Capella said:

Just read Favreau say Mando season 3 will be after Boba Fett. So likely.......2022 :cry: 

So maybe the Disney investor meeting announcement was a fake-out then.  They are probably filming Fett until March.  Maybe they would take 2-3 weeks off before starting Mando.  So yea, don't see how that fits into a December release.  But they may be up to something.

So how much animosity is there still between the Mandalorians and the Jedi? When Mando found baby Yoda, the Armorer mentioned there were ancient stories about the Jedi. Mando seemed completely unaware that they existed. Bo Katan seem to have a decent relationship with the Jedi from The Clone Wars. She and Asoka were friends, it appeared, by the end. It would seem odd if they really hated each other, that Bo Katan would go to the Republic and the Jedi to help her.  Maybe it was a case of The enemy of my enemy is my friend. However, when Mando brought up needing to take baby Yoda to the Jedi, Bo Katan did not seem angry about it.  Dunno. :shrug:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Capella said:

He was on Good Morning America this morning talking about it. Him and Filoni are doing Fett too. 

Nooooo!

In regards to Mando.

Edited by Tony Jabroni
28 minutes ago, Capella said:

He was talking about filming or production or something...

ETA: about 2:30 here  https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/jon-favreau-talks-season-finale-mandalorian-74839269

Edited by Jaysus
On 12/18/2020 at 11:23 PM, tommyboy said:

Oh,  forgot.... the sound effects on this show have been fantastic,  combined with the music. The sound of an ion charge exploding,  whoa. The effects of the force connection when grogu was on the rock, and it's sound.  Just pure geekery for me. 

Sounded like they used the same "Blast 'em!" audio from ANH in this episode?

I've watched the Luke scene like 10 times now.  The music is incredible.  That is better than most of the movies they put out. The director nailed this episode and the moment will be star wars legend forever. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Capella said:

They will probably release Boba as a 4 part mini around Thanksgiving,  then mando right after it which would be right around Christmas 

it would be really cool if they could work a crossover where some of the good guys from game of thrones showed up but only the good ones like arya stark and jon snow and that loveable scamp hodor and probably ygritte just because she was pretty cool and easy on the eyes and i guess that breianne of tarth character because she was pretty all right too i guess could you imagine those brohans all getting together with the mandalorians and having a huge ewok rave that would be pretty sweet take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
32 minutes ago, SWC said:

it would be really cool if they could work a crossover where some of the good guys from game of thrones showed up but only the good ones like arya stark and jon snow and that loveable scamp hodor and probably ygritte just because she was pretty cool and easy on the eyes and i guess that breianne of tarth character because she was pretty all right too i guess could you imagine those brohans all getting together with the mandalorians and having a huge ewok rave that would be pretty sweet take that to the bank brohans 

"Is the big woman here?" 

Well, you could say that

• Thanks 1

now just think about that one and breanna of barf galavanting across the galaxy setting right to wrong and bringing christmas cheer to all quadrents of the outer rim brohans that would be one hell of a show and i for one would be in take that to the bank brohans 

It got to the point that I was only continuing to watch because it was a weekly activity with my son. It was our Friday night thing. But, I have to say, the last few episodes were really good. The episodes from Ahsoka to Luke was good TV.

15 hours ago, shades said:

Yeah I don't know why these VFX places don't use deepfake more. Get Hamill to do the job on set, or, some double that really looks a lot like him (Sebastian Stan?) and then just deepfake the last five yards.

That is what they did.  Hamill was on set for a "secret shoot" and they did have another actor who looked a hell of a lot like Hamill (not Stan) as the stand-in.  

Ive read a few articles the last few days that are not too thrilled with Lukes inclusion. They make the point that all things Star Wars seem to go back to the same few characters. They argue that Mado could have built the SW universe without the Skywalkers, but didnt. 

Interesting points for sure even though it was super awesome. Even if that is all we see of Luke, did they really need him or could it have been some other jedi. :shrug: