Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Isn’t it the fact that a bunch of people drove the actress who played Rose off of Twitter what lead to the toxic comments? How is that ever justified because somebody didn’t like a movie?

No. It is categorically not a fact. She left social media of her own choice. Think of an average person on twitter and how many random weirdos they get messaging them. Now imagine you're suddenly in Star Wars. She was overwhelmed and didn't want to deal with it. I don't blame her. But there has been no evidence provided that she was driven off of Twitter. 

There is plenty of evidence though of self proclaimed TLJ fanatics trying to end Gina Carano and Rosario Dawsons careers based upon false allegations that they're transphobic. Both have faced relentless assault on twitter this past year from the same people that claimed Kelly Marie Tran was bullied. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise... Favreau is so money and he

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individua

Mark Hamill @HamillHimself The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhe

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Isn’t it the fact that a bunch of people drove the actress who played Rose off of Twitter what lead to the toxic comments? How is that ever justified because somebody didn’t like a movie?

Taking out dislike of a character on an actor is stupid, so I don't endorse that if they were hard on them

But this show peaked with 4 female characters going to the bridge, I didn't see anyone complaining.  Because they were credibly built in a storyline.  

Rose Tico was a pretty awful character but thats not Kelly Tran's fault

• Like 2

I think, at this point, I am going to pretend that Episodes 1-3 never happened. Also I will pretend that 8 and 9 never happened, the Han Solo movie never happened, and focus on 4-6, Rogue One, and Mando as the only actual Star Wars canon. I will treat the rest as fan fiction. 

I will continue to consume content created by Favreau, because that dude has earned his keep so far. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

TLJ was too long.  And Luke was weak and petulant.

But Adam Driver can carry entire scenes without great writing.  Daisy Ridley held her own as well.  The storyline was decent, but the Luke portion was kinda lame.

Emporer coming back in Ep 9 was by far the worst writing decision.  Dumb dumb dumb

• Like 2

Also, Mandalorian worked so well because Season 1 was essentially a Western, and Season 2 built upon a solid foundation to roll into the further SW universe.  Oh, and the lead was good enough to pull off acting with a helmet on 99% of the time.  Great body and voice control.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Smack Tripper said:

Taking out dislike of a character on an actor is stupid, so I don't endorse that if they were hard on them

But this show peaked with 4 female characters going to the bridge, I didn't see anyone complaining.  Because they were credibly built in a storyline.  

Worst character in Star Wars but agree the actress doesn’t deserve the treatment she got

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Worst character in Star Wars but agree the actress doesn’t deserve the treatment she got

Don't worry. She didn't get any treatment worse than any of the other actors got. 

12 hours ago, Insein said:

Here's the story of Hidalgo mocking the star Wars fan. 

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/12/lucasfilm-pablo-hidalgo-rwb1/

The other stuff is rumors right now but from sources that have been proven right in Disney things before. 

The more I read the rumor mill, the more convinced I am that they are going to use the portal from rebels to make 7-9 some alt universe. We are closing in on season 4 of clone wars and am looking forward to starting rebels

• Like 1
On 12/30/2020 at 11:45 PM, AcerFC said:

The more I read the rumor mill, the more convinced I am that they are going to use the portal from rebels to make 7-9 some alt universe. We are closing in on season 4 of clone wars and am looking forward to starting rebels

These are the kind of stories that pop up. While I have no knowledge of this site (popped up on my google news feed), there is enough to suggest that this is a thing

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/the-mandalorian-and-favreau-filonis-universe-to-replace-sequel-trilogy-characters-in-galaxys-edge/

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

These are the kind of stories that pop up. While I have no knowledge of this site (popped up on my google news feed), there is enough to suggest that this is a thing

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/the-mandalorian-and-favreau-filonis-universe-to-replace-sequel-trilogy-characters-in-galaxys-edge/

The site usually has pretty good Disney info as the owners are former insiders. Not Star Wars specific. 

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

I can buy the stuff about Filoni and Favreau for sure - we are already seeing it. Changing galaxy’s edge is laughable though. Sure they can add Mando and other characters walking around there but they aren’t tweaking those rides. That would take a very very very long time to do and cost a ton of money. 

On 12/30/2020 at 11:45 PM, AcerFC said:

I never understood what this does for people. Even if they use an alternate universe, those movies still exist? So who cares? I don’t get the appeal. 

10 minutes ago, Capella said:

I can buy the stuff about Filoni and Favreau for sure - we are already seeing it. Changing galaxy’s edge is laughable though. Sure they can add Mando and other characters walking around there but they aren’t tweaking those rides. That would take a very very very long time to do and cost a ton of money. 

Actually it wouldn't be too difficult. The original plan was supposed to have Galaxy's edge based around the original trilogy planets and people. They only switched it after Force Awakens did so well At the box office. Iger mistakenly thought that meant people loved Disney Star Wars more and that they could go with the new stuff to avoid having to pay some royalties to the original creators. So the basic setup is there.

If they feel it would make more money going to the original trilogy stuff, they will absolutely switch. Especially since the Mandalorian is based closer to that timeline. 

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/04/original-star-wars-land-theme-dan-cockerell-ba1/

12 minutes ago, Capella said:

I never understood what this does for people. Even if they use an alternate universe, those movies still exist? So who cares? I don’t get the appeal. 

Bringing back the fans. Aka the money.

21 minutes ago, Capella said:

It allows them to make the movies they feel people want to see. That includes being able to do the Zahn trilogy if that is not already planned for D+ shows. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AcerFC said:

It allows them to make the movies they feel people want to see. That includes being able to do the Zahn trilogy if that is not already planned for D+ shows. 

They can go make all new movies anyways outside of the Skywalkers. You guys really think Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are doing another trilogy? Carrie Fischer is dead. I don’t get it. 

Edited by Capella
1 hour ago, Insein said:

Bringing back the fans. Aka the money.

They have plenty of fans, and more importantly young ones they can grow with the franchises. They aren’t going to abandon that for some middle-aged guy fan fic.

So you think they’re going to do a another Skywalker trilogy with the main 70s cast and no Ray/Finn/etc? Thats just goofy. 

Edited by Capella
On 12/30/2020 at 8:00 PM, Dan Lambskin said:
On 12/30/2020 at 2:33 PM, Smack Tripper said:

Jar Jar Binks still exists.

Just knocked out 4 episodes of season 2. Still better than 6/9 Star Wars series movies imo. 

Edited by Osaurus
30 minutes ago, Capella said:

They can go make all new movies anyways outside of the Skywalkers. You guys really think Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are doing another trilogy? Carrie Fischer is dead. I don’t get it. 

That is not what I am saying. And I am not piling on your enjoyment of the movies. I liked them as well. 
HOWEVER, is that really what YOU envisioned for the next chapter in Star Wars to be. Or would it be more of a mandolorian angle. If you use the portal idea, it allows the mando crew to make a Star Wars movie that I think we would all like even better  

had you asked me if I liked episode 8 before watching mado, I would have said yes. But, the more I watch clone wars and mando, the less I like Luke just tossing the saber away. Episode 7 set up such an exciting path, and I think 8 ruined it. It is still fine and I can watch and enjoy it.

BUT, I would love to see what Filoni could do with what takes place after ROJ

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

That is not what I am saying. And I am not piling on your enjoyment of the movies. I liked them as well. 
HOWEVER, is that really what YOU envisioned for the next chapter in Star Wars to be. Or would it be more of a mandolorian angle. If you use the portal idea, it allows the mando crew to make a Star Wars movie that I think we would all like even better  

had you asked me if I liked episode 8 before watching mado, I would have said yes. But, the more I watch clone wars and mando, the less I like Luke just tossing the saber away. Episode 7 set up such an exciting path, and I think 8 ruined it. It is still fine and I can watch and enjoy it.

BUT, I would love to see what Filoni could do with what takes place after ROJ

Well you kind of are now, but without the original trilogy characters. Maybe they’ll also do some kind of Luke training baby yoda series. 

I get your point, it’s too bad he didn’t have it from the start, I just don’t see how it’s really feasible. Guess they could recast but a multiverse storyline is cheap and imo kind of dumb. 

2 hours ago, Insein said:

Actually it wouldn't be too difficult. The original plan was supposed to have Galaxy's edge based around the original trilogy planets and people. They only switched it after Force Awakens did so well At the box office. Iger mistakenly thought that meant people loved Disney Star Wars more and that they could go with the new stuff to avoid having to pay some royalties to the original creators. So the basic setup is there.

If they feel it would make more money going to the original trilogy stuff, they will absolutely switch. Especially since the Mandalorian is based closer to that timeline. 

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/04/original-star-wars-land-theme-dan-cockerell-ba1/

Yes they could switch around the land easily enough but not the rides. Have you seen or been on rise of the resistance? It would take 18 months to 2 years for them to completely re-do it and cost 10s of millions while theme parks budgets are getting cut everywhere. It’s not realistic. 

51 minutes ago, Capella said:

They have plenty of fans, and more importantly young ones they can grow with the franchises. They aren’t going to abandon that for some middle-aged guy fan fic.

So you think they’re going to do a another Skywalker trilogy with the main 70s cast and no Ray/Finn/etc? Thats just goofy. 

No. I think they're going to grow Star Wars naturally and continue a realistic story that has a plot and appeals to Star Wars fans. Casual new fans will go along with whatever (they like the Mandalorian too) the long time fans have no interest in the sequel stuff.

The long time fans are the ones that buy toys, merch, clothes, lamps, bed sheets, etc. No one bought the sequel merch. That's why Disney is certainly shifting everything towards Mandalorian and Filoni verse. It has merch that people like and want to buy. As long as they keep making good stories that grow the lore and build upon the Star Wars that is loved, the fans will open up their wallets to consume it.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yes they could switch around the land easily enough but not the rides. Have you seen or been on rise of the resistance? It would take 18 months to 2 years for them to completely re-do it and cost 10s of millions while theme parks budgets are getting cut everywhere. It’s not realistic. 

The ride itself costs them millions anyway because it breaks down so often. Now the park has been closed and then opened to limited capacity. They could shift it around if they projected it would draw greater crowds in the future when things get back to normal.

25 minutes ago, Capella said:

Well you kind of are now, but without the original trilogy characters. Maybe they’ll also do some kind of Luke training baby yoda series. 

I get your point, it’s too bad he didn’t have it from the start, I just don’t see how it’s really feasible. Guess they could recast but a multiverse storyline is cheap and imo kind of dumb. 

I mean, if Filoni continues to kill it in making his version of the cinematic universe, and if he ends up with some sort of irreconcilable creative conflicts with Episodes 7-9 (2 major, perhaps unrealistic, assumptions), I don’t think Disney is going to shy away from rebooting the three sequel movies, movies that may each gross $1 billion+, because they couldn’t get John Boyega back. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Insein said:

No. I think they're going to grow Star Wars naturally and continue a realistic story that has a plot and appeals to Star Wars fans. Casual new fans will go along with whatever (they like the Mandalorian too) the long time fans have no interest in the sequel stuff.

The long time fans are the ones that buy toys, merch, clothes, lamps, bed sheets, etc. No one bought the sequel merch. That's why Disney is certainly shifting everything towards Mandalorian and Filoni verse. It has merch that people like and want to buy. As long as they keep making good stories that grow the lore and build upon the Star Wars that is loved, the fans will open up their wallets to consume it.

My cousin alone bought enough for at least 5 people :lol:

Disney is going to shift everything towards D+ because it will make them boatloads.

31 minutes ago, Insein said:

I guess we are talking about two things? I totally agree they can and should continue to build out the Filoni stories. However I don’t they will do anything to touch 7-9. They can and I think they will tell stories operating around those movies. 

btw your line about the sequel merch isn’t correct. Rey was and is an extremely popular character. 

Edited by Capella
4 minutes ago, Capella said:

I guess we are talking about two things? I totally agree they can and should continue to build out the Filoni stories. However I don’t they will do anything to touch 7-9. They can and I think they will tell stories operating around those movies. 

btw your line about the sequel merch isn’t correct. Rey was and is an extremely popular character. 

Then why is no one buying her merch? Baby yoda is flying off the shelf but the sequel trilogy barely sold. To the point that they just stopped making toys for them. Kids don't want it. 

https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/2020/12/21/22063580/star-wars-toys-action-figures-collectors-mandalorian-replicas

I don't see what beginning training baby Yoda really accomplishes in this storyline. He's already 50 years old. You'd have to span forward about 100 years for him to become physically/mentally developed enough to really see the effects of any training. If this series is to remain centered around Mando that wouldn't really work.

52 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

I don't see what beginning training baby Yoda really accomplishes in this storyline. He's already 50 years old. You'd have to span forward about 100 years for him to become physically/mentally developed enough to really see the effects of any training. If this series is to remain centered around Mando that wouldn't really work.

I don't think he's a baby. He's basically like 5-10 years old. He's perfectly capable of learning things as he's learned some already. He needs someone to teach him though.

I think the series stays focused on Mando and we'll see what main plot they come up with. Probably more to do with the reemergence of Mandalore and how the Dark Saber plays into it. We'll see his friends here and there enough to establish that it's a bigger universe and we should all go watch their shows as well to get all caught up. They'll bring Grogu back toward the end of it, maybe after a couple year time skip to show his progress and keep people still aware he's around. Then on to season 4.

Edited by Insein
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Insein said:

I don't think he's a baby. He's basically like 5-10 years old. He's perfectly capable of learning things as he's learned some already. He needs someone to teach him though.

I think the series stays focused on Mando and we'll see what main plot they come up with. Probably more to do with the reemergence of Mandalore and how the Dark Saber plays into it. We'll see his friends here and there enough to establish that it's a bigger universe and we should all go watch their shows as well to get all caught up. They'll bring Grogu back toward the end of it, maybe after a couple year time skip to show his progress and keep people still aware he's around. Then on to season 4.

:goodposting:

It seems that next season is set-up to be about the dark saber, and control of Mandalor.

• Like 1

I guess I'm with Cappy here.  I'm not sure what you guys think is irreconcilable.  The can shoehorn literally anything into the timeline they want.  If they need another Jedi they can have one hiding out somewhere.  They need Grogu to not die when Kylo Ren kills everyone at Luke's school then they can just have Luke send him away before it happens.  They can make a plausible reason for anything they want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Insein said:

I think Rey is in a tough market for toys.

Boys don't want to play with a girl action figure, and girls don't want to play with any Star Wars action figures...

But, my teenage girls remain big fans of Rey the character.

9 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I think Rey is in a tough market for toys.

Boys don't want to play with a girl action figure, and girls don't want to play with any Star Wars action figures...

But, my teenage girls remain big fans of Rey the character.

My daughter was 5 when Force Awakens came out. I got her the Destiny of the Force Rey doll. She put it with her Barbies and enjoyed it for the time. She is now 9. This summer when we went to clean out her old toys and told her to get rid of anything she doesn't want, Rey went right into the trash bag. I don't think she's even acknowledged it in the past 4 years until that moment. 

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

It seems that next season is set-up to be about the dark saber, and control of Mandalor.

Yeah, but I think that part is lame.  Mando doesn't seem like the type to want power.  He's a bit of a loner and not a joiner.  He doesn't seem to have the ability to rally people to his side.  I hope Season 3 is low on the political stuff, more on the history and lore of the Mandalorians, and how they can be a force for change in the Outer Rim.  Oh and giving it back to the remnants of the Empire, wherever they may be.

1 hour ago, Foosball God said:

I guess I'm with Cappy here.  I'm not sure what you guys think is irreconcilable.  The can shoehorn literally anything into the timeline they want.  If they need another Jedi they can have one hiding out somewhere.  They need Grogu to not die when Kylo Ren kills everyone at Luke's school then they can just have Luke send him away before it happens.  They can make a plausible reason for anything they want.

What's irreconcilable is what they did to Luke in the Last Jedi. If they can make it so none of that happens, all the better.

The sequel movies don't even follow their own plot throughout so it's not a big loss. 

Somehow... Palpatine... returned

2 hours ago, Insein said:

If he's only developed to the point we see him in the 50 years he's been alive, why do you think he'll suddenly develop at a much faster rate now? I mean, he doesn't listen to simple instructions and happily eats living creatures he is told he shouldn't. He's not going to suddenly become a master of anything in the next 1 year given he's barely able to function without constant supervision and has no independence at age 50. At age 51... he should be about the same.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shades said:

If he's only developed to the point we see him in the 50 years he's been alive, why do you think he'll suddenly develop at a much faster rate now? I mean, he doesn't listen to simple instructions and happily eats living creatures he is told he shouldn't. He's not going to suddenly become a master of anything in the next 1 year given he's barely able to function without constant supervision and has no independence at age 50. At age 51... he should be about the same.

He obviously had some training at the jedi temple 30 some odd years previously. That's how he was able to do the basic force grab and pull he could do. He just was in hiding with no guidance since then. Not even basic parental guidance. If hes shown how to do it correctly and given basic life skills, he will grow.

Just now, Foosball God said:

He died, so?

They made him into a nephew murdering hobo before he died. So if we can steer past that nonsense, we'll be better for it. 

• Laughing 4
23 minutes ago, Insein said:

They made him into a nephew murdering hobo before he died. So if we can steer past that nonsense, we'll be better for it. 

Lol. It happened man. It’s not going to change. 

1 minute ago, Capella said:

Lol. It happened man. It’s not going to change. 

So did the books that they said didn't happen. Now they seem to be suddenly... happening. They'll have happened until they didn't.

19 hours ago, Insein said:

Then why is no one buying her merch? Baby yoda is flying off the shelf but the sequel trilogy barely sold. To the point that they just stopped making toys for them. Kids don't want it. 

https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/2020/12/21/22063580/star-wars-toys-action-figures-collectors-mandalorian-replicas

MY TALKING PORG SAYS OTHERWISE!

11 hours ago, shades said:

If he's only developed to the point we see him in the 50 years he's been alive, why do you think he'll suddenly develop at a much faster rate now?

I'd say there is conflicting evidence, at best, on "must be trained when they are young"

Luke and Rey were full-fledged adults before they got any training.  Did Leia ever get any training at all before she did her space walk - or any of the other force-related stuff she did?

8 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I'd say there is conflicting evidence, at best, on "must be trained when they are young"

Luke and Rey were full-fledged adults before they got any training.  Did Leia ever get any training at all before she did her space walk - or any of the other force-related stuff she did?

Probably just another example of Jedi hubris.