Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Capella said:

Comparing republicans to Holocaust survivors was definitely going too far. I think they were trying to let it smooth over and then she barfed that take out the other night. 

I’m pretty sure she wasn’t talking about Republicans. They aren’t in control right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, John123 said:

You'd think that a company that is ok with current day concentration camps would have no problem with nazi references.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/disney-thanked-groups-linked-to-china-detention-camps-in-mulan-credits.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-54064654

I’m not saying this excuses Carano’s poor judgment, but nevertheless this is an interesting point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Insein said:

So who's cool with Pedro being fired? Those of you that are happy that she got fired for stating her political views (albeit rather badly) and making nazi references, should be just as outraged by Pedro and should be fine with his axing.

Maybe, just maybe, we should all be able to state whatever political views we want and not risk losing our jobs. Can we all agree that this should not be a fire-able offense? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Disney:

Tweets about pedophilia- OK!

Tweets about right wing political beliefs- YOURE FIRED

You forgot:

Supporting actor compares political climate in nazi Germany to modern day US, fired.

Lead actor calls half the voting population in US actual nazis and keeps his job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheFanatic said:

So who's cool with Pedro being fired? Those of you that are happy that she got fired for stating her political views (albeit rather badly) and making nazi references, should be just as outraged by Pedro and should be fine with his axing.

Maybe, just maybe, we should all be able to state whatever political views we want and not risk losing our jobs. Can we all agree that this should not be a fire-able offense? 

Neither should be fired to be clear. While every employer has their own discretion to hire and fire who they want whenever they want, they have to have some consistency with their decisions. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Insein said:

Neither should be fired to be clear. While every employer has their own discretion to hire and fire who they want whenever they want, they have to have some consistency with their decisions. 

I think she has said some other stuff as well prior to this.  So she was likley warned and on thin ice already.

Lots of rumors Pascal won't be asked back.  They have not started shooting yet.  The crew currently working Book of Boba Fett (who also does Mando) isn't sure if Mando 3 is next or one of the announced spin-offs (or if some are shooting simultaneously).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I think she has said some other stuff as well prior to this.  So she was likley warned and on thin ice already.

Lots of rumors Pascal won't be asked back.  They have not started shooting yet.  The crew currently working Book of Boba Fett (who also does Mando) isn't sure if Mando 3 is next or one of the announced spin-offs (or if some are shooting simultaneously).  

Her other stuff was the twitter weirdo crap they've been harassing her for a year over. They demanded she put pronouns in her bio and BLM in her bio last spring. She refus d and theyve gone after her every day since then. Guess they win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Joe Bryant said:

Hey Guys. If you want to do politics, please start a new thread in the Political Forum on this. 

Please keep this one free of Politics. 

Or we'll move this thread over there. Which I'm assuming most don't want. 

:goodposting:

This is an important discussion to have, in the politics subforum.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

Yeah, I don’t care the political beliefs of the actors or of their bosses. They can hire or fire whoever the hell they want. If the show is good, I will still watch. 

It's almost like a free market where business can act as they see fit....  That's probably too political

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

She literally was the worst actor and character on the show. Buh bye. 

I can't speak to the worst actor part,   but she was definitely not the worst character. That honor goes to every character in the Twilek (sp)  prison break episode from season 1. 

 

Excluding Bill Burr's character who ended up being solid in season 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Finally got around to finishing this series.  I avoided spoilers and had no idea Luke would show up at the end.  That was pretty awesome. 

The show started slow - I thought it would just be Mando flying around solving mysteries and there was no over-arching plot, which is why I kinda lost steam during S1. By the end of S2, it felt like a legit Star Wars movie.  That was great.  Looking forward to more.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...