What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undrafted (UDFA) RBs You Like For 2018 (1 Viewer)

the lone star

Footballguy
Each year there always seems to be an undrafted RB that makes some noise during camp and gets some PT in the regular season. In 16+ team leagues that are super deep, those guys are worth a taxi spot.

With that said, who you got your eyes on this year? Any Ekelers, Jalen Richards, Corey Clements, Rob Kelleys, Tion Greens, or Rawlses out there this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry Swanson (HOU - Lamar Miller on decline, D'Onta Foreman still a ?)

Phillip Lindsay (DEN - Booker and Freeman there but could carve out a role)

Last edited by a moderator:
Akrum Wadley has more long-term potential than opportunity this year but he's a solid Dion Lewis replacement in case of injury. 

I think it would be helpful to also add the team that some of these guys are currently signed with. I know I could google it on my own of course, but saving a step for something as simple as this would be beneficial to some.

Amused to Death said:
He's got some competition to make the team but he's one that comes to mind.  Eagles have a very crowded backfield right now with Ajayi, Clement, Sproles, Jones, Smallwood, Pumphrey, and Adams.
Whoever gets cut should get picked up. I'd take Jones on the Cowboys.

Chris Warren, Raiders. A bit concerning that it took a while after the draft to sign (which may indicate not much interest) but the guy has size and talent. Oakland’s depth chart isn’t too scary but he feels like a PS guy. As long as they don’t try to make him a fullback.

Another vote for Wadley.  He’s not going to ever be a bell cow, but has the ability to be a great compliment in a RBBC.  Someone else in our 14 team IDP was paying attention too, since he went at 4.05 in our rookie draft.

Eagles Rookie Profile: Six things to know about Josh Adams

The Philadelphia Eagles signed Notre Dame running back Josh Adams in undrafted free agency following the 2018 NFL Draft. Due to a foot injury, Adams hasn’t been able to practice yet, but he could push for a roster spot if he gets healthy.

In order to learn more about the Bucks County native, I reached out to SB Nation’s Notre Dame blog: One Foot Down. Fighting Irish writer Joshua Vowles (@TheSubwayDomer) was kind enough to answer my questions.

1) Can you sum up what his college career was like?

”Out of nowhere.” Adams was a 4 star recruit, but a knee injury that kept him sidelined for his senior season had a lof of schools backing off of his recruitment. Even when he committed to Notre Dame, most fans were like “meh.” It didn’t take long for Irish fans to look at him differently. He scored his first TD as a freshman in the first game of the season against the Texas Lonhorns. After that, he piled up stats, minutes, and street cred. He owns the longest run in Notre Dame Stadium history with a 98 yard TD run. Had Adams stayed for his senior season, he would have had a great chance at leaving as the all-time leading rusher at Notre Dame.

2) What are his strengths?

Adams has tremendous straight line speed, but he also runs with a lot of power. His yards after contact were quite good throughout his career, and despite his lack of “wiggle” he has a great stiff arm. He’s a patient runner and can read his blockers to make that one cut and go.

3) What are his weaknesses?

His health is his biggest weakness. Can he stay healthy enough to play his best? Other than that, his running style is pretty upright - which allows for a lot of big hits on him. He was never much of a factor as a pass catcher, but the Irish offense didn’t utilize that much either, so it’s hard to say how well he can do in that area.

4) Are you surprised he went undrafted?

Not really. His injuries and the position he plays allowed for that to be a good possibility, but I wouldn’t have been shocked if he went as high as the 4th round either.

5) How do you see his NFL career playing out?

If he can stay healthy, I think he could have a 5-6 year career in the NFL. He’s a great leader, and will give everything he has on the field. He may never develop into a true “starter” as a pro, but he has the potential to be a very good back in a rotation.

6) Anything to know about him off the field?

100% class act. He is a very bright and very thoughtful young man. He has a wonderful relationship with his mother, and her hard work and sacrifice is really what has made Josh as a person (she really is pretty great). This is a humble guy that enjoys life, but is very responsible. He’s exactly who you would want to marry your daughter.

Josh Adams is definitely intriguing.
A lot of people expected him to be drafted, very productive, decent measureables, but ran behind a line with two first rounders and not dynamic on tape. could fill some of the blount role, PHI will carry a 4th back between him, Matt Jones, Wendell Smallwood, and Donnel Pumphrey. Eagles gave him 25K bonus and 30K guaranteed on base salary, highest on any of their UDFAs and they hit on Clement last year.

Terry Swanson (HOU - Lamar Miller on decline, D'Onta Foreman still a ?)

Phillip Lindsay (DEN - Booker and Freeman there but could carve out a role)
HOU brought back Blue and Ervin will play the RB/WR role if he's healthy, but it was surprising that they didn't draft a back with Foreman's longterm uncertainty (no good post achilles tear RB success stories). Swanson also was Kareem Hunt's understudy

Lindsay fits really well as a receiving back, KO return candidate. I think he can beat out Henderson, and expect to catch on elsewhere if it doesn't work in Denver on the wave of the rise of "satellite backs". Austin Ekeler type.

Users who are viewing this thread