What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anthony Miller WR Houston Texans (1 Viewer)

What QB is going to support 2 passing game options though?  Miller isn't that young, he's only a year younger than ARob. 

I like Miller, but the situation is bad and doesn't seem likely to get much better in the short term. 
Things change quickly in the NFL. If it isn't Trubisky throwing to him, it will be someone else. 

Miller is part of the future but I can't imagine that he is the future.  He is a nice second WR on a team that has challenges with coaching and QB.   
He'll be a solid #2 for years.  Kid is explosive and plays hard 

Last edited by a moderator:
Things change quickly in the NFL. If it isn't Trubisky throwing to him, it will be someone else. 
True, there are a few options available on the market that would be a huge improvement and, I can't see the Bears not addressing QB somehow.  I don't think that anyone who is likely to really support two passing game options is available (including Cam), but it should get better than current situation. 

Most teams can only support 1 decent FF WR, but he could be hit and miss as a 1B type who explodes when the defense has an elite CB. 

Miller is the future of the Bears and is emerging in his 2nd season. Robinson is still the guy and will get extended this year, but Miller is the exact type of young WR you want to keep on your roster. Will continue to have a bigger role each year. Can see him becoming a very solid high end #2 guy. 
Robinson was extended in 2018 for 3 years, including 25 million guaranteed.  I doubt there will be anymoe extensions for Robinson.

I could see Miller being really good. A solid WR2 fantasy WR, with a better QB and if Robinson moves on. Maybe even if Robinson stays. Needs a better QB. Cam Newton???

I could see Miller being really good. A solid WR2 fantasy WR, with a better QB and if Robinson moves on. Maybe even if Robinson stays. Needs a better QB. Cam Newton???
I'm not so sure Newton is the answer.  Isn't he on the downward swing regardless of the injury?

Robinson was extended in 2018 for 3 years, including 25 million guaranteed.  I doubt there will be anymoe extensions for Robinson.
He's got one year left, most of which isn't guaranteed. I think it was viewed more as a 2 year deal with the guaranteed money. He's a true #1 WR.  I guarantee they'll extend him further over the next year. As you said, he's only a year older than Miller. They're keeping Robinson around for a while. 

He's got one year left, most of which isn't guaranteed. I think it was viewed more as a 2 year deal with the guaranteed money. He's a true #1 WR.  I guarantee they'll extend him further over the next year. As you said, he's only a year older than Miller. They're keeping Robinson around for a while. 
it comes down to the cap situation, i think. i know they would like to keep him because he's been Mitch's most reliable target. he's the best route runner on the team, for sure, and he's been good teammate. if he doesn't want crazy money along with crazy length then he should be back. i think Gabriel is most likely to move on after this year. they really like Wims in the limited opportunities he's had as well as drafting Ridley this year. with Gabriel gone they'd save $5+ million against the cap.

Where's the love?  Dude is red hot - and in my lineup tonight!!!!
Very tempting to throw in as my flex this week, but still can't pull the trigger on him over my other "flex players" in: Ekeler, Chark, & Montgomery. 

Might end up biting me as he's been a PPR monster(ish) as of late

Good luck though!

Where's the love?  Dude is red hot - and in my lineup tonight!!!!
He should be a good play.  I drafted him and dropped him.  Trying to pick him up when waivers run in less than 2 hours.   I'm late in the WW order though so he will likely be gone.   That indicates that you are correct that Milker is red hot.  

While I think he is on the rise, I don't see how you can trust him yet in the playoffs unless you are truly desperate. 

Anthony Miller caught 3-of-4 targets for 42 yards and a touchdown in the Bears' Week 14 win over the Cowboys.

Miller also had a rugged first half gain called back by a soft block in the back penalty. His touchdown — somehow his first of the year — was a 14-yarder on a bubble screen where the Cowboys' defense rolled out the red carpet and declined to tackle. Despite the lack of scores, Miller is now averaging 78 yards over his past four games, establishing himself as a late-season WR4 in fantasy. The Packers are on deck for Week 15.

he's scoring as much as Auden Tate, Amendola, Agholor....

...super star
I do believe he is headed in the right direction, but the reason I don't want to play him in the playoffs is mostly because he's at the beginning of the journey in the right direction, not in the middle of it.  Miller could very well be a star receiver in the very near future if Trubisky continues to show life, but probably only when / if Robinson moves on.

I do believe he is headed in the right direction, but the reason I don't want to play him in the playoffs is mostly because he's at the beginning of the journey in the right direction, not in the middle of it.  Miller could very well be a star receiver in the very near future if Trubisky continues to show life, but probably only when / if Robinson moves on.
He needed Gabriel out of the way. That guys is useless and just a gimmick player but for some reason they like to waste time with him.

He needed Gabriel out of the way. That guys is useless and just a gimmick player but for some reason they like to waste time with him.
Yup. I reality liked him as a prospect coming out of college -- especially from a productivity standpoint -- and now he's producing at a reasonable point in his career with an opportunity created by a teammate's absence. This seems like pretty standard stuff for an emerging young player worth being excited about. Chicago's offense/QB situation can be legitimately factored in, but he's flashing play that is approaching the more optimistic projections of his potential coming into the league.

There will always be players like Gabriel.  Miller has to continue to get better and I believe he will if he stays healthy and Trubisky plays like he did last night.

Miller will be resigned, IMO... and if/when he moves on Chicago could very well draft a WR in a WR1 mold. I'm not sure Miller is. 

He is definitely headed in the right direction and looks better the last few weeks. Star... I dont see it, yet. 

He will be 26 next year, so he better move to the middle of his journey quickly... 
Dang didnt realize he came in as an older rookie.  He's about a year younger than AArob who has been in the league 6 years.

he's scoring as much as Auden Tate, Amendola, Agholor....

...super star
I think the past two games are when everyone added him (previous to the Detroit game), so those aren't really fair comps, as he's driven them a bit out of the water with respect to fantasy performance.

Let's say for the sake of argument that he's a solid WR2 at 26 years of age. That's pretty good, no? Especially considering that his cost probably went down since he was drafted and disappointed for a while. 

I mean, I known that on the current dynasty player actuarial tables 26 = near death, but you might still squeeze 2 months out of him before kicking him to waivers.

Miller  Robinson will be resigned, IMO... and if/when he moves on Chicago could very well draft a WR in a WR1 mold. I'm not sure Miller is. 

He is definitely headed in the right direction and looks better the last few weeks. Star... I dont see it, yet. 

He will be 26 next year, so he better move to the middle of his journey quickly... 
fixed

Miller will be resigned, IMO... and if/when he moves on Chicago could very well draft a WR in a WR1 mold. I'm not sure Miller is. 

I don't see him as a star either but if Chicago lands a better QB or if Trubisky gains consistency (personally I wouldn't count of that) he can be a solid ppr fantasy WR3 even if he's the No. 2 in Chicago, and I do agree that's likely his ideal role. I think he's a very solid pro, with a little bit of upside still left.

I don't see him as a star either but if Chicago lands a better QB or if Trubisky gains consistency (personally I wouldn't count of that) he can be a solid ppr fantasy WR3 even if he's the No. 2 in Chicago, and I do agree that's likely his ideal role. I think he's a very solid pro, with a little bit of upside still left.
Trubisky's consistency will come from scheme. He kind of reminds me Mariota in the fact that if there are decent skill guys around him and the passing game is schemed to his strengths he can produce. However if he is in a position to put his team on his back he will most likely fail. I project a Mariota-like career arc. 

Anthony Miller caught 9-of-15 targets for 118 yards and one touchdown in the Bears' 21-13, Week 15 loss to the Packers.

Miller's 15 targets led the team on a day Mitchell Trubisky fired off 53 passes. It was all Miller and Allen Robinson (7-125, 14 targets) moving the ball for the Bears with Tarik Cohen pitching in with 85 yards of his own. Miller has been great over the last month-plus, with 54 yards and/or one touchdown in five straight games. The Bears would be better off just keep Taylor Gabriel (concussion) out of the picture. Miller will be a WR3 next week against the Chiefs.

this was the kind of game that many have been waiting for. he's looked like a big time WR with Gabriel out of the game.

Bears GM Ryan Pace said WR Anthony Miller (shoulder) will undergo offseason shoulder surgery.

It's the same shoulder Miller underwent surgery for last January. Although the second-year slot wideout started the year slow (stemming from his offseason injury), he came on strong averaging 5.7 receptions and 72 yards in Chicago's last six games. He's projected to open the year across from Allen Robinson as the Bears' No. 2 receiver as long as he isn't limited and, much like last year, missing time in camp.

SOURCE: Brad Biggs on Twitter

Dec 31, 2019, 10:56 AM ET

Anthony Miller (shoulder) believes 2020 is going to be "my best year yet."

Miller is still smack-dab in the middle of rehab from yet another shoulder surgery after getting injured while returning a meaningless Week 17 kickoff in the finale last season. Admittedly frustrated by having to endure a seven-month rehab for the second straight year, Miller is passing the time by studying tape of WRs like Stefon Diggs, Hall of Famer Isaac Bruce, and Steve Smith. "I’ve matured a lot on the field and I’ve gained a lot of knowledge, especially this offseason," Miller said. "I’ve been studying up a lot on other players and seeing what they do so I can enhance my game." Miller is slotted in pretty firmly as the Bears' No. 2 wideout behind Allen Robinson and was on a tear the final six weeks of 2019 when he averaged 5.7 catches and 72 yards per game in that span. With better QB play, Miller could settle in as a reliable WR3 in fantasy.

SOURCE: Chicago Tribune

May 13, 2020, 10:39 AM ET

Four wide receivers who could be this year's Chris Godwin

Excerpt:

Anthony Miller, Chicago Bears

We should all know by now the Bears have one elite wide receiver in Allen Robinson. The team is still in the hunt for someone to step up behind him and they have a great candidate to do just that. 2020 is Anthony Miller’s year. 

Miller already showed us he’s a verifiably good player. His college evaluation was stellar and he looked like a Doug Baldwin-type player on film. Miller hasn’t been healthy often enough in his NFL career to reach that potential but was productive when he got his chance in 2019. When the Bears deployed him as a full-time player (Weeks 11-16), Miller averaged 5.7 catches and 72 yards per game. That’s a tiny sample but it comes out to a 91-catch, 1,155-yard full-season pace. You should believe in his ability. 

The Bears might not be the best offensive ecosystem but the opportunity should be there. Robinson shouldn’t cede any work but with the tight end room a jumbled mess and 35-year old Ted Ginn Jr. the likely No. 3 receiver, Miller can carve out a strong No. 2 receiver’s level of work. Robinson can still push for 150 targets while Miller collects at least 100. 

The skills and opportunity are there for a fine breakout season. He will just need the quarterback play to cooperate. We should all sell on the idea that Mitchell Trubisky can be the guy to do that. However, if Nick Foles is both healthy and comfortable enough in an offense crafted by two coaches he knows well, Miller could really erupt in 2020. 

Confidence meter: Medium

Users who are viewing this thread