What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 - How did I do thread (1 Viewer)

The big one.  The main.  The finale. 

From the 8:

QB: Watson (8), Trubisky (20)

RB:  Fournette (1), Collins (4), Lewis (5), A Jones (9), J Kelly (14), Riddick (15)

WR:  Thomas (2), Theilen (3), Davis (6), Cobb (12), Gallup (13), Taywan Taylor (17), J Washington (18)

TE: Doyle (7), Watson (11), McDonald (19)

D: Jax (10)

K: Gostkowski (16)

GL all on the season.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Da Gildz said:
The big one.  The main.  The finale. 

From the 8:

QB: Watson (8), Trubisky (20)

RB:  Fournette (1), Collins (4), Lewis (5), A Jones (9), J Kelly (14), Riddick (15)

WR:  Thomas (2), Theilen (3), Davis (6), Cobb (12), Gallup (13), Taywan Taylor (17), J Washington (18)

TE: Doyle (7), Watson (11), McDonald (19)

D: Jax (10)

K: Gostkowski (16)

GL all on the season.  
I like this team except for Theilen and Lewis. If you don't mind he asking who went  the 5 picks after each of them?

I like this team except for Theilen and Lewis. If you don't mind he asking who went  the 5 picks after each of them?
Thielen there is pretty safe.  What’s not to like ? Should be a solid WR2 at worst.   WR’s after Thielen went Baldwin/Landry/Fitz/JuJu.  Was planning on taking Baldwin/JuJu in the 4th.  Collins was a nice consolation.

RB’s after Lewis went: Thompson / Williams / Hyde.   Really only liked Lewis/Williams in that spot.  

This draft went TE crazy.   10 were gone by 5.8.  Usually you see a couple of the 2nd tier TE stragglers fall to mid 6th.  Not in this one.  So not too crazy about Doyle.  Hoping QB/D and K make up for the TE deficit.  Pretty happy with the finished product tho.  Should contend for playoffs barring injuries.  

I also did a draft last night but was not in your league. In my league, 9 TE's were gone by 5.5 so seems to relatively par for the course. I like Diggs more than Thielen but I think you got appropriate value for Thielen in the late 3rd and I suspect both will do well.

My main event last night. Mixed feelings at this point but I think I have a good shot.

QB- Newton (9), Dalton (20)

RB- Gurley (1), Williams (5), Lynch (6), Murray (11), Ivory (13), Lindsay (18)

WR- Hill (2), Diggs (3), Fuller (7), Cole (8), Amendola (12), Sutton (15), Patterson (19)

TE- Engram (4), Seferian-Jenkins (10), Willson (14)

D- Broncos (17)

K- Tucker

My main event last night. Mixed feelings at this point but I think I have a good shot.

QB- Newton (9), Dalton (20)

RB- Gurley (1), Williams (5), Lynch (6), Murray (11), Ivory (13), Lindsay (18)

WR- Hill (2), Diggs (3), Fuller (7), Cole (8), Amendola (12), Sutton (15), Patterson (19)

TE- Engram (4), Seferian-Jenkins (10), Willson (14)

D- Broncos (17)

K- Tucker

Looks solid.  Could be light at rb if Williams doesn’t keep him the gig.  If he sticks all season, this is a really good team.   Did J Kelly get sniped from u?  The Gurley owner in mine was waiting to grab him at 14/15.  Nice draft tho.   The elite qbs are such values in these mains.  Crazy.  

Last draft. Out of 9 hole.

QB- Newton (9), Stafford (14)

RB- Fournette (1), Collins (3), Williams (5), L Murray (11), Ivory (13), Edmonds (16)

WR- Allen (2), Sanders (6), Fuller (8), Shepard (10), Golladay (12), Docston (15), Patterson (20)

TE- Ertz (4), Njoku (7), Willson (19)

K & D- Zuerlein and Denver

Good luck to everyone this year.

Main from the 8 Hole...

Stafford, Mahomes

McCaffrey, Drake, Coleman, Penny, Chubb, S. Ware, Gore

K. Allen, JuJu, D. Baldwin, Edelman, Cobb, B. Marshall

Kittles, Griffin, Jarwin

M Bryant, Rams

Main from the 8 Hole...

Stafford, Mahomes

McCaffrey, Drake, Coleman, Penny, Chubb, S. Ware, Gore

K. Allen, JuJu, D. Baldwin, Edelman, Cobb, B. Marshall

Kittles, Griffin, Jarwin

M Bryant, Rams
I like Mahomes.  Love the Drake pick in the late third bro!!!

Too many TEs for my taste, however.

Edit: like the WRs a lot... obviously especially when Edelman comes back.  I missed him by a few picks in the late 7th in my Main draft.  Dunno why you're drafting Marshall or Gore though.  Way better options late.

My only Main entry from the 12

Cousins

Cook, Hunt, Henry, Wilkins, Yeldon, Edmonds, Ware

Landry, M Jones, C Davis, Anderson, M Williams, DJ Moore, Sutton, Grant, T Taylor

Kittles

Arizona

Gano

I'll grab Eli or someone over the next couple weeks for $1.

Main from #6

Garoppolo,Goff

Kamara,Hyde,Kerryon Johnson,Peterson,Wilkins,Martin

Diggs,Goodwin,Jordy,Gallup,Moncrief,Kirk

Kelce,Graham,Eifert

LAC D,NE D,Gould

Main from #1

Garoppolo,Goff

Gurley,Thompson,Mack,Morris,Jones,Clement,Martin

Hilton,Hill,Thielen,Crabtree,DJ Moore,Richardson

Olsen,Gates,McDonald

NE  D,Gano

Thielen,Olsen and Graham were all still available at the 4-5 turn

My only Main entry from the 12

Cousins

Cook, Hunt, Henry, Wilkins, Yeldon, Edmonds, Ware

Landry, M Jones, C Davis, Anderson, M Williams, DJ Moore, Sutton, Grant, T Taylor

Kittles

Arizona

Gano

I'll grab Eli or someone over the next couple weeks for $1.
To be Honest I don't like this one at all, You are going to really struggle I think...  Good luck on the waiver wire and maybe something crazy happens and its a contender...

This was the very last Main of the FFPC season.  Got pick 11 which I hate.  Took a chance and took Bell so I need some luck on my side.  At round 6 M. Ingram was still there but couldn't take him because Bell is already missing.  Took Olsen in 6th instead.  Wilson in 10th was nice as well. Took Ajayi in 4th to help out week 1 as well but hate the pick.

Wilson

Bell, M. Gordon, J. Ajayi, M. Lynch, J. Allen, C. Ivory, M. Gillislee

Fitz, J. Gordon, R. Anderson, K. Benjamin, J. Brown, D. Amendola, T. Williams, W. Snead auto pick, frooze up and didn't have anyone in que

Olsen, J. Cook

Jacksonville, Lambo

Love this team if Bell gets his ### to work but could be a bust without him....

Coots said:
This was the very last Main of the FFPC season.  Got pick 11 which I hate.  Took a chance and took Bell so I need some luck on my side.  At round 6 M. Ingram was still there but couldn't take him because Bell is already missing.  Took Olsen in 6th instead.  Wilson in 10th was nice as well. Took Ajayi in 4th to help out week 1 as well but hate the pick.

Wilson

Bell, M. Gordon, J. Ajayi, M. Lynch, J. Allen, C. Ivory, M. Gillislee

Fitz, J. Gordon, R. Anderson, K. Benjamin, J. Brown, D. Amendola, T. Williams, W. Snead auto pick, frooze up and didn't have anyone in que

Olsen, J. Cook

Jacksonville, Lambo

Love this team if Bell gets his ### to work but could be a bust without him....
Real nice team if/when Bell returns.. Were you considering Conner or did he get snagged to early? Looks like everyone in that draft was leery of Olsen's little tweak of the back..

Coots said:
To be Honest I don't like this one at all, You are going to really struggle I think...  Good luck on the waiver wire and maybe something crazy happens and its a contender...
Not my best draft.  Absolutely hate the 11/12 spots this year...

But I think it will be more competitive than you're giving it credit for.  Good luck.

Real nice team if/when Bell returns.. Were you considering Conner or did he get snagged to early? Looks like everyone in that draft was leery of Olsen's little tweak of the back..
I absolutely was but he went 5.4, WOW....

Coots said:
Yup this will struggle.  F drafting out of the 12 spot.  It kills you all the way through the mid levels of the draft this year.  Shoulda just been unorthodox and grabbed Gronk and Mixon or something.

Out of the 12 slot.... championship 

QB: Staford (11), Mariota (15)

RB: Hunt (1), Fornete (2), Chubb (8), Martin (12), Blount (13), Ballage (14)

WR: JuJu (4), Watkins (6), Jordy Nelson (7), Hurns (9), Dez (10), Washington (17), DeDe (18)

TE: Engram (3), Reed (5)

D: Bal (16), Pit (19)

K: Sucupp (20)

:eek:

Oh my.  Did this one break 80? 

Just messing with u Scientist.  I had a couple clunkers myself.  Not sure they were this bad.  This one you may want to get an early start checking the toilet bowl matchups for  

:eek:

Oh my.  Did this one break 80? 

Just messing with u Scientist.  I had a couple clunkers myself.  Not sure they were this bad.  This one you may want to get an early start checking the toilet bowl matchups for  
Defense was top scorer, without defense maybe scores 60... lol    Championship

I have the number 2 team overall and its one of my least favorite...  Weird how it goes like that sometimes...  It will fade quickly though I think..  If it wasn't for TEs getting hurt I would be super happy with week one..

I have the number 2 team overall and its one of my least favorite...  Weird how it goes like that sometimes...  It will fade quickly though I think..  If it wasn't for TEs getting hurt I would be super happy with week one..
Nice.  Had a 200 point squad.  That one looks like it has serious potential (Kamara/Green/Hill/Gordon with solid players around them). Couple others I feel pretty good about. Main was solid at 160+.  And a few clunkers.  Mostly due to Goodwin/Baldwin. Mixed bag overall.  

Nice.  Had a 200 point squad.  That one looks like it has serious potential (Kamara/Green/Hill/Gordon with solid players around them). Couple others I feel pretty good about. Main was solid at 160+.  And a few clunkers.  Mostly due to Goodwin/Baldwin. Mixed bag overall.  
I barely lost a few and it was because of zero's by baldwin and Goodwin..  taking a zero hurts...  Hopefully they both get back soon.  Olsen and Walker hurt as well but such is life..  Still probably averaged 160 or more over my 27 teams..  Also I have Ekeler on 16 teams and didn't start him on one.. Ughhh

Had a 193 point team with Baldwin (Enunwa will take his place this week) and Njoku... Dissly or Cook?

Most wound up in the 150 - 170 point range.  A few terrible teams for the same reasons as Coots + Losing Guice early and bad early draft picks in July drafts (R Jones, S Michel).  Barely lost a few close ones, where my team but up pretty high scores, which is really frustrating.

My main team struggled mightily thanks to Cook, Hunt and Henry.  Hopefully those three guys rebound next week, with Kittles and Landy being the lone bright spots.  12 spot in the draft was brutal this year.  Oh well.

First year doing this, anyone want to wager a guess at what Phillip Lindsay will garner in FAAB dollars? I'm weak at RB (Alex Collins, Derrick Henry as starters) and my initial idea was about $350, but I have no idea if that's enough or not enough.

First year doing this, anyone want to wager a guess at what Phillip Lindsay will garner in FAAB dollars? I'm weak at RB (Alex Collins, Derrick Henry as starters) and my initial idea was about $350, but I have no idea if that's enough or not enough.
Every league is different.  I bid on Peterson in all my leagues he was available.  Differing bids everywhere.  Got shutout on all but 1 league.  And sure enough that league happened to be my lowest bid of all.  There really is no rhyme or reason to it.  You could be in a league with 5-6 aggressive bidders or 1 only.  Or none.   I would say this, if you need the player badly , don’t be afraid to overspend.  If you’re right on the guy and he hits, you’re getting a whole season of production essentially.  And hes worth every dollar u spend on him.  

Wow owners emptied their wallets for Lindsay.  Got him in only a few spots.  I’m thinking he’s more Tarik Cohen-esque this year then a league winner. Still should be pretty solid.  Booker is probably useless now.   Guess we’ll see.  

GL in week 2 

Wow owners emptied their wallets for Lindsay.  Got him in only a few spots.  I’m thinking he’s more Tarik Cohen-esque this year then a league winner. Still should be pretty solid.  Booker is probably useless now.   Guess we’ll see.  

GL in week 2 
Agree see him as a T Cohen.  I only got him in one league for $454 where I needed a flex 'til Ingram gets back.

He went for $500 + in most leagues I am in.

Anyone feel they have a contender after two weeks of play?  I have some very good teams, but I don' think any legitimate contenders at this point.  Could change depending on injuries, etc.

Anyone feel they have a contender after two weeks of play?  I have some very good teams, but I don' think any legitimate contenders at this point.  Could change depending on injuries, etc.
I think I have 3 maybe even 4.  Barring injuries of course.  Here is the crown jewel at the moment:

QB: Cousins, Winston

RB: Kamara, Lewis, Lynch, Penny, Lindsay, J Kelly

WR: Green, Hill, Golladay, Fuller, Gordon, J Brown 

TE: Burton, Eifert, Goedert, Johnu Smith 

200 in week 1, likely ~ 180 this week   

A couple others I like just as much long term but have been in ~ 150 range to start out

Cool.  I've got a bunch averaging +/-150 - +/-160, but I don't think they'll wind up contending.  2 or 3 in the 170 + range. 

This one is one of my favorites.  Wish I could've gotten Gurley.  DJ probably ruins this team as a contender.  Terrible pick.  I could've had Kamara... ugh.

Mahomes, Cousins

Johnson, Ajayi, Clement, Coleman, R Jones, Dixon (need to drop Dixon), Edmonds

Diggs, Hill, Edelman, Enunwa, Watkins, A Miller, Sutton

Engram, ASJ

Gano, CHI

leftcoastheel said:
Cool.  I've got a bunch averaging +/-150 - +/-160, but I don't think they'll wind up contending.  2 or 3 in the 170 + range. 

This one is one of my favorites.  Wish I could've gotten Gurley.  DJ probably ruins this team as a contender.  Terrible pick.  I could've had Kamara... ugh.

Mahomes, Cousins

Engram, ASJ

Gano, CHI
Wouldn’t pay that much mind to season average as your basis for contending.   Just need to get into the champ rds.  You get in the dance averaging ~ 150 you have a chance to contend.  Maybe even lower.   Season avg worth 25% only.  The winners are often nowhere near the top of the leaderboard entering week 14.   Also wouldn’t worry to much about DJ.  He’s too good.  These things usually even out over time.   Those monster games will come.  Be happy you didn’t draft Bell instead. 

Wouldn’t pay that much mind to season average as your basis for contending.   Just need to get into the champ rds.  You get in the dance averaging ~ 150 you have a chance to contend.  Maybe even lower.   Season avg worth 25% only.  The winners are often nowhere near the top of the leaderboard entering week 14.   Also wouldn’t worry to much about DJ.  He’s too good.  These things usually even out over time.   Those monster games will come.  Be happy you didn’t draft Bell instead. 
Good to know.  Hopefully I can get a few teams in the "Big Dance"... FYI, I like your team.  Golladay and Fuller as WR 3 and 4.  Appearing to be very very good...

Just need that RB2 and Burton to live up to the hype and that's a tough team.

Mahomes, Cousins

Engram, ASJ

Gano, CHI
Kamara will fade once Ingram is back.  I wouldn't be upset having DJ down the stretch.

Mahomes, Cousins

Engram, ASJ

Gano, CHI
This one took a hit this week, ugh I hate injuries.....  Was you able to pull of a win??

If DJ outscores Kamara even one week this year it will be pure luck....  Silly statement
Kamara is just absurd.  He and Thomas both.  Only plus is there aren’t many Kamara/Thomas combos.  Only 1 league of mine even had that option available.  Fellow owner Zeke here.   Passed on Thomas for Mixon.  Could still work out in the end.  Loving Thomas wow.  He and Theilen carrying my main team.  Now if Fournette would actually come back and play, I’ll be cooking with some gas.  

This one took a hit this week, ugh I hate injuries.....  Was you able to pull of a win??
Nope.  Engram and Ajayi are big hits and the team generally had a down week (Hill, Diggs, Coleman - Jeeze!).  I think this team will still be quite good as the season progresses... Feeling better about DJ with Rosen in there.  When Ingram is back, I think DJ will have weeks when he outperforms Kamara, but Kamara is definitely proving to be the man of the draft.

Here's a Kamara team for you Coots...

Brees, Eli

Kamara (1.02 FYI), AP, Ingram, McCoy, Ivory, Lynch

Cooks, Fuller, Ridley, T Boyd, T Taylor, R Grant, P Garcon

B Watson, Njoku

Bryant

CLE, CAR

I thought this team was F'd since McKinnon was my 2.11 pick and the draft was early and before all the nonsense with McCoy.  233 points this week. Never stop competing...  

What's your favorite so far?

Nope.  Engram and Ajayi are big hits and the team generally had a down week (Hill, Diggs, Coleman - Jeeze!).  I think this team will still be quite good as the season progresses... Feeling better about DJ with Rosen in there.  When Ingram is back, I think DJ will have weeks when he outperforms Kamara, but Kamara is definitely proving to be the man of the draft.

Here's a Kamara team for you Coots...

Brees, Eli

Kamara (1.02 FYI), AP, Ingram, McCoy, Ivory, Lynch

Cooks, Fuller, Ridley, T Boyd, T Taylor, R Grant, P Garcon

B Watson, Njoku

Bryant

CLE, CAR

I thought this team was F'd since McKinnon was my 2.11 pick and the draft was early and before all the nonsense with McCoy.  233 points this week. Never stop competing...  

What's your favorite so far?
Love this team bro......  Njoku about to get better too with Mayfield starting now....

Not sure about mine I have a couple Kamara/McCaffrey teams that I am in love with but I have about 20 teams that are doing really really well right now...  Hopefully it continues..  My late round picks are smashing for me as I have Ekeler and Allen on most teams and Mahomes on alot..  Zero teams with Ridley though and he looks the part..  Have one Kamara/Thomas team that is solid too.

Love this team bro......  Njoku about to get better too with Mayfield starting now....

Not sure about mine I have a couple Kamara/McCaffrey teams that I am in love with but I have about 20 teams that are doing really really well right now...  Hopefully it continues..  My late round picks are smashing for me as I have Ekeler and Allen on most teams and Mahomes on alot..  Zero teams with Ridley though and he looks the part..  Have one Kamara/Thomas team that is solid too.
Those are good late round picks.  I have several of Ekeler myself living in LA, although I am Rams guy.  I have a lot of Mike Williams, Mahomes and Ridley.  I also whiffed on a bunch of late round guys like Sutton, Miller and Moore.  But Williams and Ridley I think will make up for them.  And Sutton/Moore could still do something.

And I have a ton of Edelman too.  And Josh Gordon.  Oops.

Those are good late round picks.  I have several of Ekeler myself living in LA, although I am Rams guy.  I have a lot of Mike Williams, Mahomes and Ridley.  I also whiffed on a bunch of late round guys like Sutton, Miller and Moore.  But Williams and Ridley I think will make up for them.  And Sutton/Moore could still do something.

And I have a ton of Edelman too.  And Josh Gordon.  Oops.

Wouldn’t call Gordon/Edelman oops picks.  Nothing has changed with Edelman.   And frankly, as a Gordon owner, what’s not to like.  Sure he’s given you nothing for 3 weeks.  But he’s now in probably the best situation possible.   And by all accounts should be a big factor moving fwd.  I drafted him with the uncertainty he even shows up to camp.  Would u prefer the slouch Amari Cooper who’s chit the bed for 2 of 3 weeks?  

With Ekeler, not sure I see what you guys see.  He’s a fine bye week filler.   But unless Gordon goes down, he’s still just a 10-12 ppg guy.   At best.  

Wouldn’t call Gordon/Edelman oops picks.  Nothing has changed with Edelman.   And frankly, as a Gordon owner, what’s not to like.  Sure he’s given you nothing for 3 weeks.  But he’s now in probably the best situation possible.   And by all accounts should be a big factor moving fwd.  I drafted him with the uncertainty he even shows up to camp.  Would u prefer the slouch Amari Cooper who’s chit the bed for 2 of 3 weeks?  

With Ekeler, not sure I see what you guys see.  He’s a fine bye week filler.   But unless Gordon goes down, he’s still just a 10-12 ppg guy.   At best.  
Ekeler is featured in a high-powered offense, get's a nice consistent dose of targets AND rush attempts and is an all-around good player.  His flex points have been solid.  

I'll bet he has a good game this weekend.  I have a team with plenty of depth for which I likely will be starting M Gordon, M Williams and Ekeler against the SF D...

No oops on Edelman.  I got him in like the 7th round generally... super stoked on him at that ADP and I think we all know the Pats will right the ship.  As for Gordon, who knows man.  It appeared to me that he had gotten his #$% together and would be a stud 5th round selection.  So far, that is certainly not how it has played out.  I hope you're right for HIS and MY sake... could be ridiculous in New England.

Ekeler has 11 targets in 3 games.  I like him and own him.  But he’s not winning anyone leagues this year.  Barring a Gordon injury.  Appears to be a Gio/Mixon type situation.  Similar size, usage , skills etc  

Gordon I think comes thru when it matters.   I wanted 1/2 a season + champ rds out of him.  I think he’ll provide it 

Ekeler has 11 targets in 3 games.  I like him and own him.  But he’s not winning anyone leagues this year.  Barring a Gordon injury.  Appears to be a Gio/Mixon type situation.  Similar size, usage , skills etc  

Gordon I think comes thru when it matters.   I wanted 1/2 a season + champ rds out of him.  I think he’ll provide it 
I'm not sure why you say that???? After 3 weeks Ekeler is RB 14 and Allen is RB 11 and thats with back up duties for both...  What is not to like about that from guys you got in round 12 or later and round 16..  Those guys win you weeks starting this week with byes....  David Johnson is RB 20 for what its worth...

Now if either Gordon or Collins goes down not only are they league winners but possibly event winners mixed in with your stud players..

Users who are viewing this thread