What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Green Dot Tracker (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
The coveted "green dot" is the sticker the NFL places on the helmet of the player that's got a radio back to the coach on the sideline.  For IDP purposes this makes the player invaluable as he's unlikely to come off the field and gets extra chances to accumulate stats.  We all know the obvious ones but sometimes a guy can sneak in here and all of a sudden be getting 100% snap counts.  This thread is to alert us who's wearing it now and I hope the community can help me keep it updated when things change, be it due to injury, performance, or any other reason.

WOW, going through this list makes me really glad I'm doing this, there are a TON of situations I am not sure about.  I don't recall this kind of uncertainty ever.  Either I'm getting too old too fast or there's an unusual amount of unrest out there.

BUF

MIA

NEP

NYJ

BAL

CJ Moseley - MLB.  3 down guy and all around FF stud.  If you have him you start him, period.  If you don't have him, go get him.

CIN

What's gonna happen here?  Does Burfict even wear it when he's in?  What happens when he's gone?  Vigil put up some monster numbers, is he the real MIKE there?  Where does Preston Brown fit in?  He put up a couple of very solid seasons in BUF but they didn't even offer him and all he could garner was one year at a very cheap $4M.  That's below even a "prove it" contract in my mind - is he JAG?

CLE

They didn't bring any significant talent in despite a bajillion dollars of cap space and a truckload of picks, so this bodes well for - who - Kirksey I assume?

PIT

Huge chasm here, what's gonna happen?

HOU

Is Cunningham ready to step up?

IND

JAX

TEN

I assume Woodyard is the guy here but that's more because he's the solid vet vs. the rookie.

DEN

This has to be Brandon Marshall, yes?  Davis can't really be a candidate based on snap counts and they didn't invest heavily in the position.

KCC

All kinds of who-the-hell-knows up in here.

LAC

OAK

Tahir Whitehead is a candidate?

Derrick Johnson's been around long enough for a cup of coffee but he's been in the league for 13 years so he's seen it all.  Is he still a 3 down guy though?  Will they have to run this through someone else?  Is there someone else?

DAL

Sean Lee leaves the field a lot but I gotta assume he's got the dot when he's there.  What happens when he's not?

NYG

The rare two-candidate situation.  Ogletree has put up some major 3 down performances but he stunk it up last year.  Here's hoping that's just a scheme fit issue.  Goodson has also put up some monsters but he's missed a ton of time - can they trust him with the dot?

PHI

Whoa how can I not even have a guess to pose here?  At least I don't have to consider Kendricks.  Just kidding, I wouldn't have considered him.  Would I? :unsure:

WAS

Zach Brown I assume?

CHI

They have a ton of LB's that make a ton of tackles when they are on the field, so knowing this one is paramount.  Problem is I have no idea who it will be.

DET

I thought Jarrad Davis would be the no-brainer but apparently he struggled as a rookie?  Where is this one at?

GBP

Martinez was a tackle machine but is this due to talent or situation?  Does it even matter?  Is there anyone else?  This feels like a "he's not great so he gets run at a lot so makes a ton of tackle but they have nothing better so nothing is going to change yet" situation to me.  IDP dreamland.

MIN

Kendricks should be the guy here, he's like a missle out there.  Not huge numbers but that's probably due more to having so much help around him that they all poach each other.

ATL

Deion Jones.  Done.

CAR

Luke Kuechley.  Done.

NOS

Demario Davis looks to be walking into a wide open MIKE job, will he have the sticker?

TBB

I think this is Kwon at MIKE but Beckwith put up some great numbers for a while when Kwon was out, can he force his way back in with a full year of experience behind him?  This is a studly LB corp.

ARI

LAR

Cory Littleton takes the early lead.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/31/nfl-los-angeles-rams-cory-littleton-alec-ogletree-otas-position-roster/amp/

I think it was Ogletree, just it default to Barron?  He's definitely a 3 down guy and Wade like his type of player, but is there someone else that sneaks in and earns the trust?

SEA

Bobby Wagner is the fourth of the four no-brainers on this list.  If you doubt him, just stop.  And maybe stop playing IDP because doubting Wagner is, well, just stop.

SFO

It's gotta be Foster, right?  Does anyone else even compute?

Last edited by a moderator:
All signs point to rookie LB Tremaine Edmunds. From rookie mini camp >> Top 5 things we learned from Bills rookie minicamp    

Spending extra time with Edmunds

Coach McDermott made it clear at his press conference prior to the team’s first minicamp practice that first-round pick Tremaine Edmunds would be entrusted with running the defensive huddle and getting teammates lined up properly pre-snap during team periods. It’s all a precursor to becoming the starting middle linebacker, provided he makes steady progress between now and September.

What was interesting at practice was shortly after individual position drills ended for the linebackers, all the linebackers ran over to the secondary practice field to go through special teams drills. All the linebackers except Edmunds.

Edmunds stayed behind to go over pre-snap calls based on the alignment of the opposing offense with linebackers coach Bob Babich and coach McDermott.

“You’ll see him out here commanding the huddle,” said McDermott of Edmunds. “That’s a big part of the evaluation. A guy who is a signal caller and whether he can come in and have great command of the huddle on the defensive side in this case for Tremaine and then execute at a high level.”

Babich and McDermott spent a good 15 minutes with him going over calls and keys with Edmunds, who seemed relatively comfortable making calls out loud. There were only one or two instances in which Edmunds had to go through a pre-snap read a second time.
From recent OTAs he is the green dot guy:    he’s making the calls, making the checks

CLE

They didn't bring any significant talent in despite a bajillion dollars of cap space and a truckload of picks, so this bodes well for - who - Kirksey I assume?
Kirksey was playing outside, Joe Schoebert made Pro Bowl inside last year.

EDIT:  The Browns drafted Genard Avery in the 5th round and he is an inside LB so keep a lazy eye on what he does in camp.

I’ll take Tahir Whitehead in OAK over a washed up Derrick Johnson.  The guy has experience playing MLB and is quietly undersung as an effective 3 down guy.

I can easily see Oren Burks replacing both GB MLBs in nickel situations.  Darkhorse to being a 3 down guy if he can find a way to stay on the field in running down situations.

Roquan Smith not being the 3 down guy in the middle in CHI would be a major upset IMO.

I’ll take Tahir Whitehead in OAK over a washed up Derrick Johnson.  The guy has experience playing MLB and is quietly undersung as an effective 3 down guy.

I can easily see Oren Burks replacing both GB MLBs in nickel situations.  Darkhorse to being a 3 down guy if he can find a way to stay on the field in running down situations.

Roquan Smith not being the 3 down guy in the middle in CHI would be a major upset IMO.
Good call, I'd forgotten about Whitehead, not sure how as a Raiders fan.

How does the green dot work with sub packages?  Are there multiple helmets with the transmitters and they have to make sure only one gets onto the field at once?

No press on it quite yet so it's conjecture, but....

BUF - As posted above, the press is all about the rookie running the show. 

MIA - McMillan's to lose? He was wearing it last year prior to IR then it went to Kiko.

NE - Assuming he's back to full health, I'd say Hightower wears the dot. Somewhat scary tho since they kicked him to OLB last season pre-injury. 

CLE - Schobert was great but I though Kirksey was listed as green dot in 2017? Very similar stats but how much will Collins poach coming back from IR?

KC - Presumably a 2 horse race between Ragland and Hitchens. Hitchens as early favorite based on experience but that could change in OTA/camp.

PHI - Jordan Hicks returning from IR should be stepping back into that role, no?

DET - Davis' to lose but he has to learn a new system so there's no lock here. Press is weak in coverage but improved end of season (tho could be coach speak?)

TBB - Kwon back from IR likely taking that role back. 

Lots of IR guys in that list. Too many of them on my rosters..... lol

McKinney just got 5 years $50 million I would guess he keeps his role as the field general.

Users who are viewing this thread