What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of wedding band do you wear? (1 Viewer)

What type of wedding band do you wear?

• Yellow Gold

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • White Gold or Platinum

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Dark Gray or Black

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Jewelry on a man?!

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters

bigmarc27

Footballguy
I’m noticing stereotypes tend to follow along. Yellow gold bands are older guys, white bands are traditional but younger guys, then there’s the black/slate crowd.  I’m seeing these pop up more and more by the super macho crowd. There’s a lot of Ed Hardy T-shirt’s with the black wedding band. 

Gold band with text around it and inside it.  My parents were married in 1955, they had their 25th anniversary in 1980. At that time they got these super corny wedding bands.  So, my Dad died in 1994 about a month after I proposed to my wife.  My Mom gave my wife and I those rings for our wedding.  So, I wear my Dad's 25th anniversary wedding band and my wife wears my Mom's 25th anniversary wedding band.  I'm not a fan, it's super uncomfortable and goofy but it has a ton of sentimental value.  I think about my Dad, he was a great Dad and a great husband.  I'll look down at the ring from time to time and think "I'm trying not to let you down old man. . . no way you were comfortable in this ring. . . two words Dad. . . comfort band!"  :)    He had a great sense of humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is yellow gold with a platinum stripe.  It has been resting safely in my dresser drawer for 18 years.
Mine is similar (like this), although I wear mine constantly. I take it off every once in a while, just to make sure I can. My dad can't take his off, but they've been married over 50, so...

something pretty close to this (titanium). wanted something that wouldn't scratch/scuff easily, and have never been a fan of gold jewelry. 

don't sleep with it on. don't play golf with it on. don't wear it in the pool. 

Have a gold claddagh ring that she gave me on our wedding day, but day to day I wear a black silicone ring. (Like this) I'm a cop and don't want to trash my finger by getting a metal band caught on anything.

only wear one on occasion. rings and making #### on machines is a bad combo. when i do wear one, i wear a wooden one that I made myself

Yellow gold with platinum ring trim around both sides, with a diamond inset. Diamond was my great grandmather's on father's side.

white gold matches more stuff

ETA:  I would have considered some other material but I don't think those elements had been discovered yet when we were married.  It was either gold, bronze or stone.

It’s probably been 10-12 years since I wore mine. 

Off to golf, back on

off to do yard work, back on

off to move furniture, back on

one day it just didn’t go back on. 

Another Titanium. Never been a jewelry guy. Figured it would get lost. 6 years later, haven't lost it yet.

Yellow gold, relatively thin plain band.

I would put it on and take it off a bunch in the first month after our wedding for things like lifting weights, but then forgot it at home when we visited family at the end of the month.  Haven't really taken it off in the 21 years since, other than momentarily just to make sure that I can.

None---had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists years ago and my hands still swell up to this day-especially after a long day of typing/gaming . Just makes wearing a ring painful.

After 29 years with this woman, the 1000 yard stare in my eyes leaves no doubt I am married--so who needs a ring?

None of the above. Lost my original wedding band while jet skiing two decades ago. Now I wear a cheap silver ring. Cost around $45 I think. 

I got married in '92.  Wife and I went on a big diet and exercise binge about a year later and my ring no longer fit very well (who knew you could lose weight in your ring finger).  It fell off at a crawfish boil when my finger was skinny.  We spoke about replacing it all the time but never did.  For almost 20 years I went without one.  When her father died, my MIL offered me his to wear, which I do proudly.  Plus, when I put it on I am invisible and have dominion over all Middle Earth, which is nice. 

I selected white gold because that's what I wanted to get to match my wife's but I wasn't paying that much for my wedding ring after what I spent on her's.  I asked for the cheapest thing they had that looked similar which was titanium.  I always wear it and I've had it on for almost 11 years now.  It's opened a lot of beer bottles.

Plain traditional yellow gold.  The only time in 32 1/2 years I've taken it off is when I play soccer, or when I used to play softball.

I've never had a wedding ring. My wife has a ring that I bought her before we got married but it's not really a wedding ring (white gold and Tanzanite).

I ended up with a gold wedding band.  Expected to get something different,  but wife and I liked the way this looked better

Users who are viewing this thread