Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

D.J. Chark - WR - Jax Jaguars

51 minutes ago, Milkman said:

If you knew the run bad I've gone through the last 3 years but I won't bore you with that. I feel great about it tbh so I made the right decision. 

There's no justice in FF buddy lol. 

Word. As long as you're happy with it. Sounds good. Lots of people give it up and feel better.

• Like 1
  • Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And if you project the years he wasn't in the NFL it's 0/0/0.  Absolutely worthless.

Well he has a rare and unique mustache throwing to him. Is that accounted for in all your fancy PFF data?

I love him this year. His ADP is entirely based on the fantasy draft community having whiffed on him during the 2018 draft. He is a 23 year old, 2nd round pick with a 73/1000/8 season on his resume. O

8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Word. As long as you're happy with it. Sounds good. Lots of people give it up and feel better.

I may come back in a few years. Going to play some daily the rest of the year. Let's get another long TD from Chark!

5 hours ago, Milkman said:

I gave my dynasty team up this week so he should do better now but yeah he's not going to be a WR1 and unlikely he makes it into WR2 territory so yeah I'd call that a lost season. 

I'm now 1-8 with Chark on my bench so yay 2020, etc.

Edited by C-Bound
8 minutes ago, togo said:

I can’t figure this guy out. Every time I put him in, he tanks.

Had 0 thought of putting him in with a back up QB.

The new QB is the main reason I rolled him out there (and Houston D).  Chark has been getting open this year but Minshew has been terrible with his throws and missing him.  The new QB is a welcome change going forward.  

• Like 1
On 11/8/2020 at 7:40 AM, barackdhouse said:

I'm holding out hope that Luton is serviceable*. I have heard he has a big arm. Considering how horrible Minshew's deep/intermediate balls were, if this guy comes in with any accuracy at all on deeper shots, like to Chark, then the arrow could actually be pointing up for Robinson. 

The biggest question mark are the dump off passes. Some QBs just can't do it, some are more likely to try than others. Interested to find out. 

I think on volume alone, he will hold his inseason value. 

*but watch out for in your ear

This is what I posted yesterday morning in the Robinson thread. Glad it worked out that way. Hopefully it continues. 

4 hours ago, togo said:

I can’t figure this guy out. Every time I put him in, he tanks.

Had 0 thought of putting him in with a back up QB.

Same. He has been super frustrating to own. I have played him every game this season and he's averaged 7.4 points for me.

I only sat him the week he was injured (29 points) and yesterday (rookie QB playing his first NFL game) (27 points).

19 hours ago, sho nuff said:

I rolled with him out of necessity...and pretty happy it paid off well.

Still not sure how much I can trust him week to week over my other options after bye weeks and injury (Ridley)

How do you see Chark doing this week against your beloved Packers?  I am thinking Jax will have to throw a ton to play catch up so Chark may get a lot of volume again.  

1 hour ago, skillz said:

How do you see Chark doing this week against your beloved Packers?  I am thinking Jax will have to throw a ton to play catch up so Chark may get a lot of volume again.  

Ask me again later in the week...depends on the health of the dbs.  Alexander would likely be on Chark and he has been excellent in locking down WRs.  But left with a concussion last Thursday.  That extra rest should help for sure.   Also, if they get Kevin King back.  

Yes, you can't rule out the play from behind stuff...but if Alexander is on him, I don't see a super big day for him.  As of now he is on my bench (but behind Fulgham, Higgins, and Cooks).

• Thanks 2

D.J. Chark (illness) was removed from the Week 10 injury report.

Chark missed practice time with a non-COVID illness. Getting taken off the injury report confirms he'll play. Coming off his best game of the season with Laviska Shenault (hamstring) and Packers CB Jaire Alexander (concussion) out, Chark is lined up for another heavy target share this week.

Nov 14, 2020, 9:28 AM ET

50 minutes ago, skinsrule05 said:

Is Alexander definitely out or when do they have to make that final call?

Not definitely yet...he had a limited practice yesterday I believe coming off of a concussion on the Thursday night game.

While the Packers are typically conservative with injuries...Id have to look back at how conservative they are with concussions...especially given it was a Thursday game and he had a little extra time.

And Im with you here...with Alexander, I likely sit Chark this week...if Alexander is out...(and watching the wind/weather), he may slide in as my Flex (also depending on Chubb playing or not here)

24 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Not definitely yet...he had a limited practice yesterday I believe coming off of a concussion on the Thursday night game.

While the Packers are typically conservative with injuries...Id have to look back at how conservative they are with concussions...especially given it was a Thursday game and he had a little extra time.

And Im with you here...with Alexander, I likely sit Chark this week...if Alexander is out...(and watching the wind/weather), he may slide in as my Flex (also depending on Chubb playing or not here)

Excellent point... right now calling for 70% chance of rain and 20-30 mph winds (gusts to 40+ mph).

I'm deciding between Chark, D. Johnson (PIT), and AB/Godwin... looking for my 3-headed coin now.

4 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Excellent point... right now calling for 70% chance of rain and 20-30 mph winds (gusts to 40+ mph).

I'm deciding between Chark, D. Johnson (PIT), and AB/Godwin... looking for my 3-headed coin now.

Yeah...what scares me about Chark and pushes me to Higgins is the floor.  Now...some of that was with Minshew...but still...Chark's floor is so low.  Weather with Cin is also supposed to be bad...but Higgins floor seems to be that 60-70 yards or so.  Im likely playing it a bit safer with Higgins (especially if Alexander is in for GB)

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Alexander and King both out for GB...putting Chark in as my WR2 with Fulgham as my 1 this week.

Wind still a concern...but GB starting corners are...well...not good.

Thanks for the update. I’m doing a similar move by starting Chark over Reagor.  Good luck this week!  

• Thanks 1

D.J. Chark caught 4-of-5 targets for 56 yards in Jacksonville's Week 10 loss to the Packers.

Chark missed a handful of practices mid-week, so perhaps that's why he failed to make an impact. Jake Luton looked Chark's way on Jacksonville's first play from scrimmage but only targeted him four more times throughout the afternoon — a disheartening result since the offense was short Laviska Shenault (hamstring) on Sunday. Chark's final line can also be attributed to Luton's poor play (169 yards, 4.8 YPA) under center. Fantasy players will have no choice but to downgrade Chark in an impossible matchup in Week 11 against the Steelers.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman
  • 2 weeks later...

D.J. Chark did not practice on Wednesday with a ribs injury.

This is a new one. Chark caught 4-of-8 targets from Jake Luton last Sunday for 41 yards. The Jaguars spent this week sending players to injured reserve, mostly on the defensive side of the ball, so it would not be shocking to see a few offensive players join them. We already expect the passing offense to struggle with Mike Glennon in control, but if Chark misses any time then Jacksonville will be in dire straits outside of running the ball with James Robinson.

Nov 25, 2020, 8:08 PM ET

D.J. Chark (ribs) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

As did Chris Conley (hip). This has Chark on track to play against the Vikings, but two "limited" days are hardly a guarantee of a return. Hopefully Chark is removed from the injury report on Friday, though he will likely be slapped with a "questionable" tag. If Chark goes, he will be an uncertain WR3 with Mike Glennon at the controls. Injury issues and a lack of quarterback continuity have killed Chark's fantasy campaign. 

RELATED: 

Chris Conley

Dec 3, 2020, 7:56 PM ET

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Frustrating after Fulgham's demise and Higgins without Burrow that Chark isn't really giving me depth I need from him.

Glennon might be the best QB that he's played with this year, and that's sad.  Let's see what he's able to do with him this week in a pretty decent matchup.  I feel like he has a solid game.

D.J. Chark (ribs) was removed from the Week 13 injury report.

Chark was held out last week but will return after a one game absence. Getting him back gives Jacksonville a big-play threat, though the figure to stay run heavy with Mike Glennon starting. With Chark and Chris Conley (questionable, hip) potentially returning, Collin Johnson will be pushed back into the No. 4 role.

DFS Slant:

With Mike Glennon appearing halfway functional as the Jaguars starting QB, Chark becomes a sensible run-back option alongside a Vikings stack in DFS tournaments. He should be nowhere near Week 13 cash lineups. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Dec 4, 2020, 12:58 PM ET

2 hours ago, Teezee said:

One of the more underrated WRs in the NFL. Has the looks of an 8-10 year guy. On a competent team he's a Top 10 WR. Let's see what they do in the offseason at the quarterback position.

From your lips to God's ears.  Get the man a QB!

• Love 1

D.J. Chark led Jaguars wide receivers in pass routes in Week 13 against the Vikings. 

Chark, returning from a rib injury, ran a route on 44 of Mike Glennon's 47 drop backs against Minnesota, catching two or seven targets for 41 yards. The usage was there -- the results were not. Interestingly, Laviska Shenault -- who caught a touchdown against the Vikings -- ran a meager 15 routes, the fourth most among Jacksonville wideouts. Shenault had three rushes for 30 yards. Chark is the only reliable fantasy option among Jacksonville pass catchers going forward. 

RELATED: 

Laviska Shenault

SOURCE: Adam Levitan on Twitter 

Dec 7, 2020, 9:57 AM ET

2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Did anybody see the game? What were the quality of those targets? Nevermind doesn't matter I'm probably not starting him again in 2020.

i can tell you at least one target hit him in the hands but he couldn't secure it and the defender knocked it out. should have been an easy catch. didn't look good.

Just want to take a moment to honor our thread creator and his or her avatar. Imjackdupp, won't you come out of hiding and update the title with something witty or funny?

Chark has had a down year. I don't think the ball that got stripped away from him by the defender was a bad play. Should see more Chark attack next year when there's a real QB under center.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Did anybody see the game? What were the quality of those targets? Nevermind doesn't matter I'm probably not starting him again in 2020.

One incompletion late in the game he was very open but the pass was "Who are you throwing that to?" level inaccurate. The TD that ended up in Shenault's hands, I'm still not sure who the target was and I'm not sure Glennon is either...

• Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Who is this guy's qb going to be next year, Fields?

Most likely. He will be if the GM they hire has any sense. 

I mean, I like Trey Lance because he's a Bison but come on - he's from small town Minnesota, playing for an FCS school, and hasn't started nearly enough games. 

2 hours ago, TartanLion said:

Urgh, I have a feeling he is going to go off this week with Glennon slinging it and that Titans pass D being awful. Just don’t think I can fit him in the lineup. Anyone going for it today ? 

I have him in over Tee Higgins right now. I don't like the balky hamstring thing, but flip a coin.

D.J. Chark caught 2-of-9 targets for 16 yards in the Jaguars' Week 14 loss to the Titans. 

Pain. It was just the latest lost day for Chark in the Jags' go-nowhere passing attack. Chark seemed to openly beg for Gardner Minshew earlier this season, but Mike Glennon has been no better for business. Chark was the intended target on Glennon's laughable underthrow of a pick in the third quarter. Glennon was soon replaced by Minshew, who did no better of a job getting Chark going. Whoever is under center in Week 15 will have a foreboding matchup in the Ravens, making Chark a WR4 for the second week of the fantasy playoffs. 

- Rotoworld