What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump EPA: Rocket fuel in your water? Yes, have some. (1 Viewer)

The secret calendars thing is bad. The guy has been a running litany of ethical follies with a dozen investigations swirling but the calendars story came out and it was under 48 hours for departure.

Fires Shulkin from the VA for far far less...and he was actually doing a good job.

Pruitt sucks at the job and is corrupt as hell and keeps his job.

It’s even more proof the drain the swamp stuff was bs from the start.
From the GOP's perspective, Pruitt was good at his job (as they view the job as rolling back regulations prohibiting companies from pumping toxic slurries into playgrounds).

Glad Pruitt’s gone, but Wheeler may be worse.  Lobbyist for the coal industry, climate change denier, and opposed to renewable energy.

Glad Pruitt’s gone, but Wheeler may be worse.  Lobbyist for the coal industry, climate change denier, and opposed to renewable energy.
Hm he's just getting his first start. I'm not sure he's in the top-10 of the most corrupt in the administration yet, he needs to put some skins on the wall first.

Yeah we need to stop with worrying if the next one will be worse. Get rid of the problem and deal with what then happens. But there was nothing good about Pruitt staying. 
For real.

We knew the next guy wasn't Michael Moore.

Doesn't mean I cannot enjoy today. We can deal with the new guy tomorrow, mmkay?

At this point, Trump and folks like him intentionally use poor grammar because they know foulks will harp on it and spend time criticizing that instead of the main issue.

Trump does it in his tweets for similar reasons, or misspells his wife's name, or whatever.  Throwing meat to the rabid wolves hungry to be outraged over something.

At this point, Trump and folks like him intentionally use poor grammar because they know foulks will harp on it and spend time criticizing that instead of the main issue.

Trump does it in his tweets for similar reasons, or misspells his wife's name, or whatever.  Throwing meat to the rabid wolves hungry to be outraged over something.
Or they’re just not that smart.
It's a reasonable strategy that works.

:lmao:

Trollers gonna troll:

Jennifer Bendery‏Verified account @jbendery

Jennifer Bendery Retweeted Kristin Mink

LOL, this is the woman who confronted Pruitt at lunch last week.

Jennifer Bendery added,

Kristin Mink @KristinMinkDC

Hey @realDonaldTrump where are you going to lunch tomorrow?
1:27 PM - 5 Jul 2018

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting theory. It has crossed my mind that they might do it intentionally, but I was thinking it was a way to "connect" with their base rather than stealthy deflection.

Interesting theory. It has crossed my mind that they might do it intentionally, but I was thinking it was a way to "connect" with their base rather than stealthy deflection.
Works both ways.  These guys are rich enough and powerful enough to find a few college grads to proof their messages.  They don't because they don't want to.  They know this kinda stuff goes out there, and it's how they want it.  

Can't even get grammar right in your freaking resignation letter to the POTUS? A hole.

That is why is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA
Then there's this:

Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.
There's so much wrong with that sentence from a grammar perspective (not to mention from a reality perspective) that it could only have been written by Trump.

I'm hearing two conflicting things on various news shows and I'd like to get an accurate answer on this:

1. Under Trump, the EPA is dismantling many regulations that were created by the Obama administration.

2. Under Trump, the EPA is dismantling many regulations that have been part of the EPA's standard purpose since it was first created.

I'm against either of these, but #2 would bother me far more than #1. With regard to #1, if all we're doing is returning to the Bush and Clinton years, I don't see that as catastrophic to the environment. Stupid yes, but not catastrophic. #2 sounds a lot more serious.

So which is it?

I'm hearing two conflicting things on various news shows and I'd like to get an accurate answer on this:

1. Under Trump, the EPA is dismantling many regulations that were created by the Obama administration.

2. Under Trump, the EPA is dismantling many regulations that have been part of the EPA's standard purpose since it was first created.

I'm against either of these, but #2 would bother me far more than #1. With regard to #1, if all we're doing is returning to the Bush and Clinton years, I don't see that as catastrophic to the environment. Stupid yes, but not catastrophic. #2 sounds a lot more serious.

So which is it?
It's both.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/767049-scott-pruitt-resigns-wheeler-may-be-worse/?do=findComment&comment=21105885

at least he hopefully doesn't have as much energy.  maybe worse in spirit, not as bad in terms of actually doing things.

I think they have no idea of what they are doing and it shows in their communication 

I think they have no idea of what they are doing and it shows in their communication 
They're not geniuses but they're not idiots.  If they cared about misspellings, they'd have people check for errors before posting.  They don't care.  Why?

1) It connects them to their audience.  Largely older folks, many non-computer savvy folks who also misspell things and don't care either.  "He's just like us! Not one of those polished elites!"

2) It drives the MSM and elites crazy when public officials misspell something.  When folks get bent out of shape about this kinda stuff, his base think they're nitpicking, and it causes them to support him over them...yet again.  So when the MSM or other elites attack, it forges a stronger bond between his supporters and him through unfair picking on him about stuff that doesn't matter...they just have it in for him...etc.

3) It allows the media to focus on smaller inconsequential mistakes, and be dismissed by his supporters, instead of maintaining focus on the issues that really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread