What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (2 Viewers)

Get the skins now if you can.  They are real.  2 picks and 7 sacks last week ON THE ROAD.  Don't even care it's ATL coming to town.  And once again, the ROY is....

Oh, and they just added Ha Ha @ the deadline.
It was vs the dreadful giants. 

Their playoff schedule is fantastic though (NYG, JAX, TEN)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way I won't start them, but could Chicago v BUF be a little bit of a trap?  Does BUF go ultra conservative, limiting CHI opportunities?  Does it matter, since even if they pass 5 times, Peterman will throw 3 INTs?

I snagged Dallas. Starting to look like a weekly stream for me...ready to drop Ravens after-4 last week. 
Looking at snagging Dallas this week as well, but really hesitant in dropping the Ravens outright, despite tough schedule.

In my league, BAL has had 3 duds (against CIN in WK2, and the last two weeks against NO and CAR) -- primary drivers are high scoring offenses, obviously.

What isn't so obvious is who those high scoring offenses are -- I would have put both PIT and DEN as potential high-scoring offenses, but BAL hung 11.25 on each. BAL is up against PIT this weekend, and also faces CIN, who doesn't seem to be offensively on fire as they were early on in the season. They also have games against OAK and TB which are solid match ups as well. They seem to be a solid avoid for ATL and KC in weeks 13 and 14. Not sure how to trust them against the Chargers in WK 16.

FBG seems to still be high on them as well, given their high rank ROS (#4 overall accroding to my league scoring -- involving points and yards). 

DAL is appealing for this week, as well as Week 16 against TB -- potentially against WAS in week 12. Not sure I'd trust them against the rest of their schedule (Phi twice, ATL, NO, and IND).

There is no way I won't start them, but could Chicago v BUF be a little bit of a trap?  Does BUF go ultra conservative, limiting CHI opportunities?  Does it matter, since even if they pass 5 times, Peterman will throw 3 INTs?
I don't think it matters. That offense can't get out of it's' own way.

I do think it's a trap game for the Chicago Bears in general. Could see them...just like NE...escaping with a narrow 10-3 victory.

C.J. Beathard - QB - 49ers

Coach Kyle Shanahan said C.J. Beathard (wrist) will be a game-time decision for Thursday night's Week 9 tilt against the Raiders.

If Beathard is unable to go, it'll be Nick Mullens under center for the Niners. Beathard hasn't practiced this week and was struggling to grip the ball due to the injury. If Mullens starts, the Niners don't have a prayer.

Related: Nick Mullens

Source: MJ Acosta on Twitter

Oct 31 - 3:28 PM

Gotta love the Panthers this week. They’re already a bit under-owned, but yeah - at home, against pick-prone Fitzmagic - feels like a game where they’ll give up some yards & TDs but get sacks & Ints. Maybe a DTD. 

Coach Kyle Shanahan said C.J. Beathard (wrist) will be a game-time decision for Thursday night's Week 9 tilt against the Raiders.

If Beathard is unable to go, it'll be Nick Mullens under center for the Niners. Beathard hasn't practiced this week and was struggling to grip the ball due to the injury. If Mullens starts, the Niners don't have a prayer.

Apparently Beathard’s wrist was hurting enough to get an MRI, so while it’s not broken, there’s definitely some pain there. 

No idea if he’ll start, but I’m thinking it’s 90% likely he sits on short rest if it really was that painful.  :shrug:

Raiders are super tempting if Mullens plays, but I am so wary of the state of that D that I think I'd go to safer streaming options like DAL, CAR, and KC/WAS if they weren't picked up.

Raiders are super tempting if Mullens plays, but I am so wary of the state of that D that I think I'd go to safer streaming options like DAL, CAR, and KC/WAS if they weren't picked up.
Yup. Heard on the radio today that the raiders have the least pressures on opposing QBs in the league. And DRC just up & retired, taking away their only legit weapon in an already super shaky secondary. 

Niners might struggle to put up points & yards, but I don’t expect counting stats from the Raiders D/ST this week. 

They’re like the opposite Carolina start. If your league rewards heavily for low scoring / yardage, go for it. But if you’re expecting sacks/Ints, I wouldn’t bother. 

Anyone think Buffalo could go on a nice little run for a few weeks?  Chicago could be an average matchup but then Jets, Jax, Mia, and the Jets again.  They did hold Brady pretty well in check on Monday. Not enough sacks and turnovers to be productive? I know their offense can also make them unattractive by setting up short fields.

This could be an upgrade and not a downgrade.  Oakland D is junk.

Jacksonville is available on Waivers, Bye this week. Worth a pick up? Or just hot garbage?

I'm late to this party (so apologies in advance if I've missed some pertinent conversation here), but our league has limited transactions, so picking up the hot defense of the week really isn't an option for me.  Curious if you guys have a feel for a defense that looks tasty in the playoff weeks (13 - 16)?  Some good defenses (like the Ravens) are really not an option, IMO:

Week 13 = at Falcons (yuck)

Week 14 = at Chiefs (yuck)

Week 15 = Buccaneers (maybe??)

Week 16 = at Chargers (hmmmm...)

I'm late to this party (so apologies in advance if I've missed some pertinent conversation here), but our league has limited transactions, so picking up the hot defense of the week really isn't an option for me.  Curious if you guys have a feel for a defense that looks tasty in the playoff weeks (13 - 16)?  Some good defenses (like the Ravens) are really not an option, IMO:

Washington is the best bet. Take a look at their schedule

Washington is the best bet. Take a look at their schedule
Great matchups... unfortunately Washington is taken in my league.  I kind of had my eye on the Lions:

13 = Ram (ugh)

14 = at Cardinals

15 = at Bills

16 = Vikings

Two of those look doable, although the Bills game is outside in Buffalo, soooo???

WAS

and take a minute and read the last 2 pages. 

I'm on the WAS bandwagon the rest of the year.  With HaHa upgrading their secondary, the ATL game doesn't look so scary.  

Anybody else considering the Raiders D tonight if Beathard sits? It would be a leap of faith. I currently have the Jets. Points against is a major scoring factor. Any thoughts?

And I agree with all of the Redskins recommendations. Wish I had them. 

Might drop the Eagles on bye for the Cowboys home MNF vs Titans.

PA don't matter for us, Sacks +1, INT's +1 and then if you can keep the team under 100 rushing +5 and under 150 passing +5 (rarely happens)

TD's and INT/FR return yards small points.

Anybody else considering the Raiders D tonight if Beathard sits? It would be a leap of faith. I currently have the Jets. Points against is a major scoring factor. Any thoughts?

And I agree with all of the Redskins recommendations. Wish I had them. 
I am.

Raiders time on D
Huge potential for a colossal bust. 

Their best DB just retired and they have virtually no pass rush.

despite an unknown at QB, the 49ers OL has been good & they can run the ball.

probably low score, weak yardage against, but don’t hold your breath for sacks or Ints. 

You've been warned. I just don't trust a team in this degree of disarray, even at home. If there are other streaming options with similar soft matchups, would definitely consider them.

As a Raider fan, I do hope I'm wrong.

As a Raider fan, I also know the risk involved in putting your hopes in this team.
I would start 31 team D/ST over the Raiders this week, which includes the teams on the BYE.

Nick Mullens was an INT machne in Pre-Season.... hhhmmmmm
I'm giving them a shot.  TBH, my opponent this week is in full tank err, rebuild mode, and is starting Mullens (Luck and Josh Allen his other QBs), with Cannon and Richard as his RBs.  So I can likely absorb a poor DEF performance.

This has been by far my most successful year streaming. I'm using awful.  Only score less than 5 points once this season. Through 8 weeks, I've started 7 different defenses. 

At the moment, I'm sitting with KC and Washington for the rest of the way.  Just picked up Washington this morning. 

Users who are viewing this thread