What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (2 Viewers)

I’m in an IDP league & a dynasty league with no D/ST (or K)

for the first time in decades of playing I don’t have to draft a D/ST anywhere.

and it’s a little weird. 

I’m in an IDP league & a dynasty league with no D/ST (or K)

for the first time in decades of playing I don’t have to draft a D/ST anywhere.

and it’s a little weird. 
But you still have to do your research for the subscriber contest every year   :D

Haven't been following Defense super closely this year. Any teams people are jumping on that are under the radar?

Titans have been a top five NFL D for most of the year the last two years. They fall around week 12 or 13.

Their KR led the NFL last year.

Their defense took a huge (too big) drop in turnovers last year where you'd expect a spike back to normalcy.

They signed Wake, one of the better disruptors the last 10 years or so.

I've seen them go undrafted

wgoldsph said:
This is the perfect year to stream your defense.  There's four teams (Mia, nyg, was, cin) who should all be terrible on offense this season and should provide their opponents with a plethora of points.
That would give the 13-14 combo of Dallas & Philly ten games against those four teams.

It’s early but I love the Texans playoff schedule

14 DEN

15 TEN

16 TB

Of course I neglected to note their week 1 matchup when I drafted them in the 16th. Will try to pickup the undrafted Eagles tomorrow (WAS at home for the opener.)

BUF has a vn first 3 weeks:

@NYJ

@NYG

CIN

They’re gonna be a great D IRL & were DST8 last year in our format.

It’s early but I love the Texans playoff schedule

14 DEN

15 TEN

16 TB

Of course I neglected to note their week 1 matchup when I drafted them in the 16th. Will try to pickup the undrafted Eagles tomorrow (WAS at home for the opener.)

@NYJ

@NYG

CIN

I also grabbed the Texans and am hesitating against that week 1 matchup. Short benches so may just ditch them altogether or cross my fingers and hope for the best Monday night of week 1.

My first matchup is against Brees so may just roll with it. 

I also grabbed the Texans and am hesitating against that week 1 matchup. Short benches so may just ditch them altogether or cross my fingers and hope for the best Monday night of week 1.

My first matchup is against Brees so may just roll with it. 
I also grabbed the Texans and actually came to this thread with plans on dumping them.  And if Clowney bails it could get ugly there...

@NYJ

@NYG

CIN

Bills didn't get drafted in my league so I'm thinking about dumping the Texans for them.  Other than NE a couple times, their entire schedule is pretty sweet.

I also grabbed the Texans and actually came to this thread with plans on dumping them.  And if Clowney bails it could get ugly there...
I’m taking about grabbing Seattle tomorrow as they come off waivers.

First game at home against Cincy who on paper should be a poor offense and is missing AJ Green.

Add to that the bonus point that Seattle is one of the potential landing spots for Clowney I’ve seen so they come with upside.

Negatives are Cincy tends to always play well against Seattle for whatever reason. 

I’m taking about grabbing Seattle tomorrow as they come off waivers.

First game at home against Cincy who on paper should be a poor offense and is missing AJ Green.

Add to that the bonus point that Seattle is one of the potential landing spots for Clowney I’ve seen so they come with upside.

Negatives are Cincy tends to always play well against Seattle for whatever reason. 
Looking at them as well but I don't like 4 out of their first 5 games.  They pretty much play really good offenses all year outside of AZ.

Bills didn't get drafted in my league so I'm thinking about dumping the Texans for them.  Other than NE a couple times, their entire schedule is pretty sweet.
Hmmm gonna look at BUF/PHI matchups later. For rn I’m carrying both HOU/PHI but both are week 10 bye teams so might swap one of them out for the Bills (Week 6.) I’m not thrilled with their playoff schedule, though.

But BUF def has a cake schedule outside of the Browns and 2x v Pats.

tried to play this game this year, but my league apparently won't let me... the other 11 owners I guess all decided to stream this year.

I ended up getting Baltimore and Jacksonville as my late combo, as the 6th and 11th off the board. Houston and Cleveland went before Jacksonville. Dallas went 8th off.
The Jags were the ELEVENTH defense off the board in your league ? Wow. 

tried to play this game this year, but my league apparently won't let me... the other 11 owners I guess all decided to stream this year.

I ended up getting Baltimore and Jacksonville as my late combo, as the 6th and 11th off the board. Houston and Cleveland went before Jacksonville. Dallas went 8th off.
I had no intentions of being the first to take a defense but people kept waiting and the Bears just fell to me. 

Looking at them as well but I don't like 4 out of their first 5 games.  They pretty much play really good offenses all year outside of AZ.
I think I’m dropping Houston for Seattle. We have shallow benches so I can’t hold two defenses and I’ll take a week 1 chance. Doubt I’ll play them at Pitt week 2 unless The Steelers look out of sync.

Looking ahead week 2 looks like there will be some defenses available.

KC @ Oakland 

Denver Vs Chicago

Carolina Vs Tampa Bay on Thursday. Are low scoring Thursday affairs still a thing?

Buff @ NYG

On paper I’d probably start anyone of those not knowing anything about week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I’m dropping Houston for Seattle. We have shallow benches so I can’t hold two defenses and I’ll take a week 1 chance. Doubt I’ll play them at Pitt week 2 unless The Steelers look out of sync.

Looking ahead week 2 looks like there will be some defenses available.

KC @ Oakland 

Denver Vs Chicago

Carolina Vs Tampa Bay on Thursday. Are low scoring Thursday affairs still a thing?

Buff @ NYG

On paper I’d probably start anyone of those not knowing anything about week 1.
If Clowney goes to SEA I'll probably do the same.  The Bills, Steelers, and Chiefs are still available so I'd be OK with them as well.

If Clowney goes to SEA I'll probably do the same.  The Bills, Steelers, and Chiefs are still available so I'd be OK with them as well.
Week 1 hasn’t even come and and the waiver grabs at 4:00 AM on yahoo have already begun. Looking at the other teams I didn’t even think anyone would be grabbing someone. So Seattle got snagged. Kind of gets me excited for fantasy season and kicks my ### back into gear to be on my A game scouring the wire Wednesday night.

I grabbed Jets Vs Bills for now. Homegame and the bills aren’t exactly the epitome of a scary O. If I remember correctly they shut down Detroit last year game 1.

Dallas was dropped by the guy who snagged Seattle so they may be a better long term play. Not using a waiver though so have a few days to make a decision and see if I want to try and snag them early in free agency.

First 12 in the draft went: 8.07: Chicago, 9.03 Denver, 9.08 Minnesota, 12.04 Chargers, 12.12 Buffalo, 13.07 Baltimore, 13.08 Rams, 14.01 Dallas, 14.02 Houston, 14.03 Cleveland, 14.06 Jacksonville, 14.10 Washington.

Everyone wants to stream apparently. It made no sense to me.
Outside of those 12 Philly looks like a nice week 1 play. So does Seattle.

First 12 in the draft went: 8.07: Chicago, 9.03 Denver, 9.08 Minnesota, 12.04 Chargers, 12.12 Buffalo, 13.07 Baltimore, 13.08 Rams, 14.01 Dallas, 14.02 Houston, 14.03 Cleveland, 14.06 Jacksonville, 14.10 Washington.

Everyone wants to stream apparently. It made no sense to me.
Jax plays KC week 1

Patriots have a nice schedule to begin the season except for week 1 against the Steelers.  I've been drafting a second defense with a good first week matchup, like the Eagles against the Redskins, to pair with the Patriots.  I will cut the second defense after week 1.

Week  Opponent  2018 points against

1       Steelers             25th  

2       @Dolphins         6th

3       Jets                     8th

4       @Bills                  1st

5       @Redskins        10th

6       Giants                 14th

7       @Jets                  8th

Denver and Pats are on my wire. Currently have Dallas and thinking of picking one of them up.

I know Denver is supposed to be good this year but their schedule doesn’t look very inspiring. Pats have a lot of juicy match ups after week 1. 

Are these defenses too good to leave out there?

Denver and Pats are on my wire. Currently have Dallas and thinking of picking one of them up.

I know Denver is supposed to be good this year but their schedule doesn’t look very inspiring. Pats have a lot of juicy match ups after week 1. 

Are these defenses too good to leave out there?
I’m rolling with Dallas until proven otherwise.

I have Denver available as well but like Dallas as a consistent team able to control game flow. I have no idea what Denver’s offense will look like.

Pats aren’t available for me, but if they were I’d be wary of rolling them out week 1 versus Steelers. That game could be a blood bath both ways.

My league has short benches so carrying two defenses is tough until about playoff time. So sticking with Dallas.

Cincy with a decimated oline visiting Seattle without AJ Green seems like a bloodbath waiting to happen.
Yeah. I was sad I missed them off the free agency pickup post draft. Will Clowney play? That’s another nice factor even if he sprinkles in. Chicago didn’t have much of a problem injecting a new stud defensive player into their lineup last year game 1.

Users who are viewing this thread