What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (3 Viewers)

I decided to suck it up and stick with the Browns one more week despite them basically costing me my game. Between Garrett, Richardson, Vernon, and Ward they should have a stacked defense and face the Jets this week.

I’m rolling with Carolina vs TB on TNF. Should be a low scoring $#!t show.
Thought about this, but I like Dallas with Washington then Miami next week.

That Carolina versus an atrocious Winston on Thursday night seems too good to be true though. Hard to pass up.

Picked up NE. Points allowed don't matter unless it's under 10.  Need sacks, INT's and holding teams to under 150 passing or 100 rushing.  They may be a better NFL DST than fantasy, even with the schedule.

Have the Vikes D. Picked up Carolina as a Defense by Committee partner for the next few weeks:

Week 2: CAR vs TB

Week 3: CAR vs @ARI or MN vs OAK

Week 4: MN vs @CHI

Week 5: CAR vs JAX or MN vs @NYG

Week 6: CAR vs @TB

Week 7: MN vs @DET

Week 8: CAR vs @SF or MN vs WASH

We'll see how it goes as we learn about the offenses in the league, but I would bet TB will continue to turn the ball over, SF doesn't convince me, and NYG will have a tough year. Chicago will regress as teams will figure out the smoke and mirrors of that offense--Trubisky is average at best.

I have the Jets which did great last week. Debating between keeping them or grabbing the Titans who also dominated last week.
I dropped the Jets for SF. On the road. As a West Coast team coming East. But here's my logic: Football Outsiders's DAVE has them #2 overall in their rankings and Cincinnati just threw the ball fifty times without Mixon. Mixon's ankle is still likely gimpy. Carolina sits out there, looming temptingly, but I'm not sure I trust Thursday Night Football enough and I'm surprisingly bullish on Jameis Winston, of all people. I think TB rights the ship. 

Yeah wondering how much fa bucks to spend on patriots. Not feeling so hot with cowboys and saints.
I bid 2 bucks (2%) to get NE but another guy bid 5 bucks.  I think you try to get whomever is playing vs Miami this year if possible.

I did get Titans for 1 bucks and will play them this week vs Colts. I also have Rams and the two schedules are pretty compatible.

I dropped the Jets for SF. On the road. As a West Coast team coming East. But here's my logic: Football Outsiders's DAVE has them #2 overall in their rankings and Cincinnati just threw the ball fifty times without Mixon. Mixon's ankle is still likely gimpy. Carolina sits out there, looming temptingly, but I'm not sure I trust Thursday Night Football enough and I'm surprisingly bullish on Jameis Winston, of all people. I think TB rights the ship. 
I like SF defense and they were my third priority: NE, Titans, SF.  The Jets are a complete mess right now so you should do well this week.

I bid 2 bucks (2%) to get NE but another guy bid 5 bucks.  I think you try to get whomever is playing vs Miami this year if possible.

I did get Titans for 1 bucks and will play them this week vs Colts. I also have Rams and the two schedules are pretty compatible.
If NE was available in my league, I woulda spent three to five, so I would've lost, too, but the five dollar bid tells you something about the schedule they face and their Sunday night. He's thinking he's got a yearly defesne, and he might be right. 

I like SF defense and they were my third priority: NE, Titans, SF.  The Jets are a complete mess right now so you should do well this week.
Jets went from hopeful to dumpster fire with a kicker, an illness, and two injuries. Wow, was that ever quick.

Jets fan here. 

Jags still good?  Debating about dropping them for carolina or dallas.
I actually dropped my end of roster scrub last week to pick up BAL to start over JAX. And now after seeing how they have a b/u starting QB (likely to put the D in a bad position), I'm thinking I might drop JAX defense and roll with BAL for the foreseeable future. 

debating between Carolina and Dallas, but @VikingFrogs point above about back to back great match-ups making me think Dallas is the play here.
To be fair. Carolina’s schedule up until there bye isn’t that bad either. They already got scooped up in my league but if I’d have seen that I may have pulled the trigger. Cowboys go to New Orleans after that Miami game. So in a short bench league I will likely drop them. Unless they turn into a turnover machine.

TB

@ AZ

@ Hou

Jax

@ TB 

BYE

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else currently have the Texans but now contemplating switching to the Browns vs the Jets? 
You should. I would if I could. Trevor Siemian and a spotty line? Oof. 

Update: Just dropped SF for Carolina. Watching Winston throw is just too tempting. 

I have Carolina tonight, got them for the Winston matchup. But Vegas has the total at 49, which seems much higher than I was expecting (44-45 maybe). Now I'm having some doubts creep in. Not many options on the wire left, maybe SF. Thoughts?

I have Carolina tonight, got them for the Winston matchup. But Vegas has the total at 49, which seems much higher than I was expecting (44-45 maybe). Now I'm having some doubts creep in. Not many options on the wire left, maybe SF. Thoughts?
Mine was a toss-up between SF and Carolina. I went Carolina simply because I could envision Winston forcing a throw or two or prolonging a play with his slow feet that results in disaster. I just picture him like one of those wacky inflatable fun guys that introduce you to car lots, swaying back and forth, lurching about with a football deposited in his hand, poised for takeoff somewhere, maybe nowhere good.

Otherwise, the over/under sounds about right. Both defenses were nothing to write home about last year, though Carolina supposedly upgraded in the offseason.

In all you've got Carolina, a team facing Winston and the effective yet deep ball-loving Arians and Leftwich vs. a team flying back to the EDT from the West Coast, on the road, trying to stop Andy Dalton, a hurt Joe Mixon, but with a new, improved coaching staff.

I took Carolina in a toss up.

Is Cleveland a better play now that Arnold is out with mono and Trevor Simian is the starter? On top of Quincy E being out as well?

az_prof said:

Yeh I bid 10% plus $1 and so did opponent. He got tie breaker lol. So rolling with saints cowboys for now.

SEA did OK for me last week but I don't like this week.  Looking at HOU (who I had dropped for SEA, ungh), Bills, who aren't sexy but have a high floor, and also considering swinging for the fences with the Browns who are much better than they played last week, pissed off, and playing a crippled Jets squad.

Users who are viewing this thread