What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (10 Viewers)

got dallas in 1 league...they arent doing crap....last chance vs miami....

what so we think about san fran long term??? or tsmpa??? ugh...defense outside of nepats is ugly this year so far

Is the 49ers def for real?  I have BUF, who gets the Cincy team just manhandled by the 49ers, but thinking with our league’s friendly scoring for def it might not be a horrible idea to roster both and choose best matchup each week

Everyone keeps ignoring Tennessee. Im starting to think they are the Bears of this year (defense that comes out of nowhere to lead in points and becomes almost matchup proof). I added them over SF, GB, TB, and BUF.

Everyone keeps ignoring Tennessee. Im starting to think they are the Bears of this year (defense that comes out of nowhere to lead in points and becomes almost matchup proof). I added them over SF, GB, TB, and BUF.
I added Tennessee as well in one league.

You're doomed. 

The inept, at times, play of their offense is why i went GB(over tennessee) and think they are a team that can put up consistent weeks against many teams.  I picked them up over SF mainly because sf has this week then a bye (but them against Rudolph and a gimpy, at best, Connor i may switch and then hope to get GB back).  If the pass rush keeps up with the smiths and gary contributes they should put up good points from sacks.  And the secondary has played well and thats with two dropped ints the last two weeks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The inept, at times, play of their offense is why i went GB(over tennessee) and think they are a team that can put up consistent weeks against many teams.  I picked them up over SF mainly because sf has this week then a bye (but them against Rudolph and a gimpy, at best, Connor i may switch and then hope to get GB back).  If the pass rush keeps up with the smiths and gary contributes they should put up good points from sacks.  And the secondary has played well and thats with two dropped ints the last two weeks.  
GB has been pretty inept on offense too though. Same coach lol

I have Tennessee in one and would have gone with San Fran if I hadn't gotten outbid by someone who wanted a defense for a while. 
I added TEN over SF and SF still sitting there on my ww. I think PIT surprises people this week and actually upsets them. Im a 49er fan too so maybe Im just being a pessimist.

I added TEN over SF and SF still sitting there on my ww. I think PIT surprises people this week and actually upsets them. Im a 49er fan too so maybe Im just being a pessimist.
I think they're both pretty close in all the projections I see. Can't go too wrong. It's all a little luck at this point.  

Anyone entertaining the idea of the Jets D from Week 8 until Week 14? Jax, Miami (2x), Cincy, NYG, Oak, and Wash. And Darnold should be back by then. Might pick them up in Week 7 when they play the Pats...

Anyone think SF is good call this week? Pitt going across the country. New QB. I'm thinking about dropping Cleveland for them.

I know it's hindsight at this point but I wasn't really seeing anything from the Tenn defense before this game. 

What are those in short bench leagues with Baltimore DST doing? Dropping them or just gonna ride out with this weeks matchup?

If Dallas can’t do something tomorrow they can’t be trusted to be rostered all season. Please show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are those in short bench leagues with Baltimore DST doing? Dropping them or just gonna ride out with this weeks matchup?
BAL dropped in my league. Really interesting as they seemed to have such a favorable schedule, but this week will tell a lot about how favorable that schedule is.

Used to be that BUF, NYJ, and CLE was a cupcake fantasy playoff schedule -- BUF and CLE look more dangerous this year (BUF more than CLE at this point), and it's a long season, but not mindless gimmes. BAL also faces PIT, CIN twice, SEA, NE, HOU, LAR, and SF. 

Again, weird season, but CIN and SF look more improved, and NE, HOU, LA are always dangerous.

Point being seeing them on the wire seems like a no-brainer grab in theory, but we're at an interesting spot in the season where they might actually have a tougher schedule and may not be as reliable as we thought. Am I crazy thinking this way?

Also, in terms of overall streaming strategy, aside from MIA and maybe NYJ, who are surefire matchups? We'll see about PIT and CAR, but both have really solid Ds. 

I drafted NE. At this point, the Jets almost look like the most complimentary D.

Users who are viewing this thread