What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (2 Viewers)

What are thoughts on the Jets? Seem like a solid unit points wise and the schedule looks pretty decent. I've been rolling with the Titans but jets seem like they have the better schedule 

What do folks think about the SF D? Have DAL and may hold onto them vs NO based on what is on my WW.

In projecting, here are the matchups going forward

Wk 5 - SF vs CLE

WK 6 - DAL @ Jets

WK 7 - SF @ WASH

WK 8 - SF vs CAR

WK 9 - DAL @ Giants OR SF @ ARZ

WK 10 - DAL vs MIN OR SF vs. SEA

Wk 11 - SF vs ARZ

Week 12 is where the wheels fall off, as DAL @ NEP and SF vs GBP, but that is not a bad stretch if SF D is for real. Thoughts?

The Steelers got swiped before me on waivers.  I’m down to CAR, DAL, or INDY as a streamer over currently held Bills; leaning CAR just for sack potential as those are scored quite favorably in this league

Went BUF over a bunch of decent choices because I want that D right now. I'll take the hit against the NEP and maybe even get lucky. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What do folks think about the SF D? Have DAL and may hold onto them vs NO based on what is on my WW.

In projecting, here are the matchups going forward

Wk 5 - SF vs CLE

WK 6 - DAL @ Jets

WK 7 - SF @ WASH

WK 8 - SF vs CAR

WK 9 - DAL @ Giants OR SF @ ARZ

WK 10 - DAL vs MIN OR SF vs. SEA

Wk 11 - SF vs ARZ

Week 12 is where the wheels fall off, as DAL @ NEP and SF vs GBP, but that is not a bad stretch if SF D is for real. Thoughts?
i NEVER carry 2 defs

I’m holding SF through the bye this wk in a league where def matters more than some

Went BUF over a bunch of decent choices because I want that D right now. I'll take the hit against the NEP and maybe even get lucky. 
IMO, I'm against the grain on this game this weekend and I actually think this is a lower scoring game that the Bills keep close.

BUF also has a really great schedule weeks 9-12 so may be worth holding and platooning if you can hold them.

IMO, I'm against the grain on this game this weekend and I actually think this is a lower scoring game that the Bills keep close.

BUF also has a really great schedule weeks 9-12 so may be worth holding and platooning if you can hold them.
Add week 5 and week 7 in there.  They play the Titans on the road and the Dolphins at home.  

Steelers or Denver?

The Den/Jax has a O/U of 38 and PIT/CIN is O/U 45. 

I think Minshew is legit, but is this the week DEN finally gets some sacks? PIT doesn't look like a very good defense...but seems like Dalton is a good source of potential INTs.

Steelers or Denver?

The Den/Jax has a O/U of 38 and PIT/CIN is O/U 45. 

I think Minshew is legit, but is this the week DEN finally gets some sacks? PIT doesn't look like a very good defense...but seems like Dalton is a good source of potential INTs.
That over under of 38 is nice to know.

Im still struggling to feel comfortable starting Denver. They are currently in my starting slot but thinking of looking elsewhere, although that O/U stat certainly helps. Vegas is pretty good.

That over under of 38 is nice to know.

Im still struggling to feel comfortable starting Denver. They are currently in my starting slot but thinking of looking elsewhere, although that O/U stat certainly helps. Vegas is pretty good.
I settled on Denver this week. Hoping that the rust, or new system, or whatever the issue is will be resolved in a plus matchup at home. Too much talent for them to not start getting pressure and turnovers. I dropped Dallas.

I settled on Denver this week. Hoping that the rust, or new system, or whatever the issue is will be resolved in a plus matchup at home. Too much talent for them to not start getting pressure and turnovers. I dropped Dallas.
Same boat watching Dallas flail around for weeks and now I’m here.

I’m tempted to roll Bills but that feels “cute”  and could see it blowing up in my face.

I’ve said it upthread but KC seems like an interesting play of the lions get behind early and try to play catch-up. But that might blow up on me as well.

Still sitting with Denver starting but haven’t locked it in by any means.

Same boat watching Dallas flail around for weeks and now I’m here.

I’m tempted to roll Bills but that feels “cute”  and could see it blowing up in my face.

I’ve said it upthread but KC seems like an interesting play of the lions get behind early and try to play catch-up. But that might blow up on me as well.

Still sitting with Denver starting but haven’t locked it in by any means.
BUF and KC are both rostered in my league. You're right, I wouldn't feel too great starting either of them today. My choices were basically between DAL, DEN, IND, or ATL. 

Debating between jags, dallas, or Houston.

Would go jags, but i doubt Ramsay plays.

NYG may be a good play today. Redskins are missing 4 of their 5 starting offensive linemen, and are missing McLaurin.

NYG may be a good play today. Redskins are missing 4 of their 5 starting offensive linemen, and are missing McLaurin.
Turrible on turrible is no way to go through life. I wouldn’t trust the G-men if they were providing mall security. They gave Janoris Jenkins a rape kit after he spent the getting toasted by Mike Evans.

Their halftime scores this year: 21-7, 21-7 and 28-10.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb (knee) tore his ACL and is out for the year.

Chubb actually returned to Sunday's game with said ACL tear and played until the final whistle. Now 0-4 and having lost their best young player for the season, it's not a stretch to say the Broncos have hit rock-bottom. Chubb notched 12 sacks in his breakout rookie campaign and was on pace for career-high marks in tackles and quarterback hits before this speed bump. UDFA Malik Reed, who has one sack on the year, is the next man up for Denver.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 30, 2019, 2:00 PM ET

Thoughts on them home vs a Bucs offense that just hung 55 not the Rams D (with help from Goff)?  Line is only 4.5 right now with O/U at 47.5

Can Jameis keep it up or turn back into a pumpkin? 
I've been wondering about them, too. I think they'll do fine. They're at home. Winston has to account for a couple of turnovers sooner or later. And New Orleans' offense is less likely to commit turnovers. Bridgewater is more conservative, and unlike the Rams, they're not afraid to rely on their ground game. 

What about San Francisco vs. a Cleveland team that just lit up Baltimore?

Off this train for now. Going against my own principle and rolling out BUF/SF in one league.

The other one, I'm adding SF and riding it. 

I was hoping for more from Jax against the Broncos. their next two matchups are not great (Carolina and NO) but they follow with Cincinnati and the Jets. May drop them for Philly this week to get the Jets matchup

Users who are viewing this thread