Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a ranking of the Week 15 defenses.  In bold is the defense followed by average points scored.  Next is their opponent and average points allowed to opposing defenses.  Lastly, the two numbers

Might pre-emptively pick up Green Bay Packers, after this week their next 3 are BUF, DET, SF

Lots of people may have scooped up MIA. I wasn't one of them given waiver priority.  But in the interest of looking down the stretch with Ds that have become "hot" as of late and that streamers ma

43 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Seems like the Rams are due.

I’m counting on the small hands QB to lose a couple 

OFF TOPIC - is Slayton a decent flex? my opponent dropped him. have seen him a few times and I’m really impressed, to me he’s the only Giant worth owning rn

I was shocked to see someone waived the PIT defense in my league I guess becasue of the unscheduled bye.   I didn't want to say anything in case one of them reads here but I put in a claim and got them.  Are they still considered a set them and leave them defense?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Jamesinaz said:

I was shocked to see someone waived the PIT defense in my league I guess becasue of the unscheduled bye.   I didn't want to say anything in case one of them reads here but I put in a claim and got them.  Are they still considered a set them and leave them defense?

I’m in the same boat. Although they come off waivers tomorrow, I’m thinking of using a waiver. Which I rarely do on a defense as I usually stream.

I have Arizona right now versus jets for next week, but Steelers versus Wentz and Philly feels awful nice. Arizona’s defensive schedule gets tough quick so they don’t have much long term value. Plus, you are bypassing the bye week for your defense Early and not having to worry about it anymore.

Weeks 7/8/9 versus Tennessee, @ BAL, @ DAL seems like the toughest part of their schedule, but TN may not be too scary and a streamer could be found for the Bal and dallas game.

I think you’ve convinced me, and I’ve convinced myself to claim them.

On 9/29/2020 at 9:09 PM, Insein said:

Played the Eagles for the first 3 weeks. Despite being a lousy real defense, they did rack up the points (in 2 games) with sacks. 

Trying texans this week (unless they don't play). Still don't have a feel for who's good or bad yet. 

This just in. Texans suck. 

On 10/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, Jamesinaz said:

I wasn't shocked to see them on the waiver wire on a short bench (4) league, but I am sure the former owner was shocked to see I used my last add (5) to pick up PIT and drop C Hyde.

On 10/3/2020 at 9:13 AM, VikingFrog said:

I’m in the same boat. Although they come off waivers tomorrow, I’m thinking of using a waiver. Which I rarely do on a defense as I usually stream.

I have Arizona right now versus jets for next week, but Steelers versus Wentz and Philly feels awful nice. Arizona’s defensive schedule gets tough quick so they don’t have much long term value. Plus, you are bypassing the bye week for your defense Early and not having to worry about it anymore.

Weeks 7/8/9 versus Tennessee, @ BAL, @ DAL seems like the toughest part of their schedule, but TN may not be too scary and a streamer could be found for the Bal and dallas game.

I think you’ve convinced me, and I’ve convinced myself to claim them.

So, now I have PIT in two leagues and yes, it's set it and forget it. The world of streaming defenses every week or two just got a lot easier. Probably will set it and forget it every week. Now, during the BAL or DAL games I might look around lol, but it's silly cuz I want the total point package for PIT the ROS. PIT is the highest rated to finish #1 in points. I know projections are just that, but ya can't do any better at this point then PIT.

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

AZ blows...not even sure they can be trusted next week against the Jets.

dropped them for the Rams who finally woke up

love the Cards matchup Week 5 but that’s two weeks in a row they’ve lost to weak teams

Picking up NE this week after watching that game tonight.  Worst QB play I’ve seen since middle school recess got in the way of what would have been the defensive performance of the season. 

7 hours ago, jtp1982 said:

Picking up NE this week after watching that game tonight.  Worst QB play I’ve seen since middle school recess got in the way of what would have been the defensive performance of the season. 

That is my plan now that AZ cannot be trusted against anyone.

5 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

If Cam sits again, what do we think of Denver Defense?

I was holding them for one week against the Jets (that didn’t go well) but after watching New England qb play last night I’m intrigued.

I didn’t think Stidham looked that bad, the one int was underthrown but it also travelled like 50 yards in the air so I’d think with a week of practice with him as the starting QB they’d be able to work toward his strengths.

The other int was Eddelman’s fault (I think Stidham was in for that).  It wasn’t a great throw it was too high but you just catch it and get tackled by the Honey Badger for a loss you don’t let your eyes wander and cause a pick 6.

After a game like that I’d be afraid if the Patriots get up they don’t put any brakes on and take out their frustrations on the scoreboard.  Probably a high risk high reward play.

Edited by jtp1982
Grammer
10 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Im still playing az vs the jets

I grabbed them again. I went to grab cowboys based on the rankings above and they’ve scored 2 points this season under my scoring. 2!

Im not sure that’s a risk I’m willing to take.

I'm rolling with KC this week and hope to just keep them in my lineup for a while as this is their upcoming schedule:  LV, BUF, DEN, NYJ, CAR,  BYE

My league doesn't punish a D for giving up points so the BUF matchup doesn't scare me too much and the run of DEN, NYJ, CAR seems juicy.

19 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Why is there uncertainty looming for KC?

Well, things aren't looking grim or anything atm but KC just played vs a team with someone who tested positive. Things turned out fine for the Vikings but who knows if things take a turn with other teams.

Originally added Dallas for the upcoming matchup with NYG, but they’ve been so incredibly awful that I’m getting cold feet. I don’t think the Giants have the running game to exploit that weakness the way Cleveland did, and Jones is almost always good for turnovers and a few sacks, AND you’d think if anyone knows what Garrett wants to call on offense, it’s Dallas. But they’ve been boat raced by almost everyone. 

Im considering Cleveland against Indy as an alternative. Cleveland getting healthier in the secondary certainly helps, and Rivers isn’t scaring anyone these days. Cleveland shuts down the run fairly well (5th in yards per game allowed) but has been eviscerated by the passing game, largely due to an injury pandemic in their secondary (Delpit out for the year, Greedy Williams hasn’t played yet, Ward has missed time, Karl Joseph now on the injury report, and Kevin Johnson has missed time too).  Cleveland could be a sneaky good D as they get healthy, especially with their running game on offense controlling the ball and the clock. 

15 hours ago, C-Bound said:

Problem is that the Chargers aren't very good.  Leaning towards Wash. @ Giants now that Young is back.

Who did LAC lose on the D side?

That defense looked damn good holding KC in check a couple weeks ago. 

I picked up LAC for the Jets matchup but now I'm thinking about Wash as well for next week.

I would’ve sore I saw Colts were expecting to be without LT Anthony Costanzo, but I cannot find a link. If that comes to pass, their backup LT, with a statue at QB, will be facing Myles Garrett. 

18 hours ago, JFS171 said:

I would’ve sore I saw Colts were expecting to be without LT Anthony Costanzo, but I cannot find a link. If that comes to pass, their backup LT, with a statue at QB, will be facing Myles Garrett. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2020/10/09/colts-injuries-anthony-castonzo-rib-darius-leonard-groin-out-sunday-vs-browns/5907749002/

Picked up AZ and rolling out LAC against the Jets in consecutive weeks.

Then again, maybe the hometown team will turn it around and drop thirty back-to-back or something like that.

Then again, nah.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, rockaction said:

Picked up AZ and rolling out LAC against the Jets in consecutive weeks.

Then again, maybe the hometown team will turn it around and drop thirty back-to-back or something like that.

Then again, nah.

That’s literally my debate - Arizona or Cleveland. Arizona getting healthy on D helps, and Flacco can’t move at all. But the Jets are getting back Bell and the Cardinals have been disappointing overall. Plus they’re on the road while Cleveland is at home. Becton being doubtful can’t help that Jets OL though. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JFS171 said:

That’s literally my debate - Arizona or Cleveland. Arizona getting healthy on D helps, and Flacco can’t move at all. But the Jets are getting back Bell and the Cardinals have been disappointing overall. Plus they’re on the road while Cleveland is at home. Becton being doubtful can’t help that Jets OL though. 

That can mean two things: On one hand, you're likely to see Bell go for very little per carry today which helps a D/ST total based on points scored. On the other hand, he's likely to go a lot and he's not a turnover machine at all (now he'll fumble twice) so that might put a dent in the AZ D/ST scoring.

I'm just not worried about the Jets moving up and down the field unless Flacco channels three quarters of a decade ago, so I'll take my chances with points and picks in garbage time. 

Edited by rockaction
19 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Ugh have the Bills D but very worried that the game won’t be played. 
any thoughts on the Saints D this week?

Are Lattimore and Jenkins back?

Wait, Lattimore is questionable, Jenkins out. Davenport questionable again. I dunno. Don't love the Saints D this week. Alex Anzalone?  No thanks.

11 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Are Lattimore and Jenkins back?

Wait, Lattimore is questionable, Jenkins out. Davenport questionable again. I dunno. Don't love the Saints D this week. Alex Anzalone?  No thanks.

Yeah not feeling great about it either,  not a lot of choices though.

Saints/Cowboys/Texans/Falcons/Seahawks :thumbdown:

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

Yeah not feeling great about it either,  not a lot of choices though.

Saints/Cowboys/Texans/Falcons/Seahawks :thumbdown:

A string of oofs.

eta* Texans look terrible against the run, but not so bad against the pass. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Laughing 1
  • Faust changed the title to 2021 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread