What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (8 Viewers)

I was all set on the bucs vs the bears but half their offense being out has me worried. I have the cards vs Flacco waiting in the wings, tough choice

Originally added Dallas for the upcoming matchup with NYG, but they’ve been so incredibly awful that I’m getting cold feet. I don’t think the Giants have the running game to exploit that weakness the way Cleveland did, and Jones is almost always good for turnovers and a few sacks, AND you’d think if anyone knows what Garrett wants to call on offense, it’s Dallas. But they’ve been boat raced by almost everyone. 

Im considering Cleveland against Indy as an alternative. Cleveland getting healthier in the secondary certainly helps, and Rivers isn’t scaring anyone these days. Cleveland shuts down the run fairly well (5th in yards per game allowed) but has been eviscerated by the passing game, largely due to an injury pandemic in their secondary (Delpit out for the year, Greedy Williams hasn’t played yet, Ward has missed time, Karl Joseph now on the injury report, and Kevin Johnson has missed time too).  Cleveland could be a sneaky good D as they get healthy, especially with their running game on offense controlling the ball and the clock. 

C-Bound said:
Problem is that the Chargers aren't very good.  Leaning towards Wash. @ Giants now that Young is back.
Who did LAC lose on the D side?

That defense looked damn good holding KC in check a couple weeks ago. 

I picked up LAC for the Jets matchup but now I'm thinking about Wash as well for next week.

I would’ve sore I saw Colts were expecting to be without LT Anthony Costanzo, but I cannot find a link. If that comes to pass, their backup LT, with a statue at QB, will be facing Myles Garrett. 

Picked up AZ and rolling out LAC against the Jets in consecutive weeks.

Then again, maybe the hometown team will turn it around and drop thirty back-to-back or something like that.

Then again, nah.

Picked up AZ and rolling out LAC against the Jets in consecutive weeks.

Then again, maybe the hometown team will turn it around and drop thirty back-to-back or something like that.

Then again, nah.
That’s literally my debate - Arizona or Cleveland. Arizona getting healthy on D helps, and Flacco can’t move at all. But the Jets are getting back Bell and the Cardinals have been disappointing overall. Plus they’re on the road while Cleveland is at home. Becton being doubtful can’t help that Jets OL though. 

That’s literally my debate - Arizona or Cleveland. Arizona getting healthy on D helps, and Flacco can’t move at all. But the Jets are getting back Bell and the Cardinals have been disappointing overall. Plus they’re on the road while Cleveland is at home. Becton being doubtful can’t help that Jets OL though. 
That can mean two things: On one hand, you're likely to see Bell go for very little per carry today which helps a D/ST total based on points scored. On the other hand, he's likely to go a lot and he's not a turnover machine at all (now he'll fumble twice) so that might put a dent in the AZ D/ST scoring.

I'm just not worried about the Jets moving up and down the field unless Flacco channels three quarters of a decade ago, so I'll take my chances with points and picks in garbage time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh have the Bills D but very worried that the game won’t be played. 
any thoughts on the Saints D this week?
Are Lattimore and Jenkins back?

Wait, Lattimore is questionable, Jenkins out. Davenport questionable again. I dunno. Don't love the Saints D this week. Alex Anzalone?  No thanks.

Are Lattimore and Jenkins back?

Wait, Lattimore is questionable, Jenkins out. Davenport questionable again. I dunno. Don't love the Saints D this week. Alex Anzalone?  No thanks.
Yeah not feeling great about it either,  not a lot of choices though.

Saints/Cowboys/Texans/Falcons/Seahawks  :thumbdown:

I would’ve sore I saw Colts were expecting to be without LT Anthony Costanzo, but I cannot find a link. If that comes to pass, their backup LT, with a statue at QB, will be facing Myles Garrett. 
Good intel. I may switch Bills to Browns now. 

I had the Cardinals D to play the Jets this week and was going to drop them  because they play Dallas week 6.  Now, Im wondering if they're worth playing with ginger running the offence in Cowtown.  :shrug:              .

can we trust either Washington or Giants?
The Redskins have given up 30+ four straight weeks. In most formats, that’s gonna make it tough to get into double digits. WK 1 - 8 sacks, 3 turnovers; 7 and 4 in 4 games since.

The Giants can generate a little pressure that hasn’t translated into turnovers.

I was considering dropping the Rams for a flyer on the Dolphins (NYJ this week.) But I think I’ll stand pat with @SF & Chi coming up.

Wanted Miami but they were claimed ahead of me. I have WFT currently but, as mentioned above, they’ve been roasted lately. Still Daniel Jones makes mistakes and takes sacks, and that line should generate pressure. 

Other options are Tennessee at Houston, Carolina hosting Nick Foles and Chicago, or Minnesota playing Atlanta. First half Minny looked like they were getting it together, and then Russ and the Seahawks torched them in the second half. 

what are thoughts on Titans defense anyone? they looked good against buffalo and are getting healthy at the right time?
I’m holding a couple extra quarterbacks till Sunday morning, but they are who I’m targeting.

Looking better. Houston looking a little better offensively as well though. But I’d rather roll them than Washington or NYG.  Carolina is an interesting pick as well, but I like TN ability to pound the ball and control clock offense to keep their defense off the field and fresh. 

Wanted Miami but they were claimed ahead of me. I have WFT currently but, as mentioned above, they’ve been roasted lately. Still Daniel Jones makes mistakes and takes sacks, and that line should generate pressure. 

Other options are Tennessee at Houston, Carolina hosting Nick Foles and Chicago, or Minnesota playing Atlanta. First half Minny looked like they were getting it together, and then Russ and the Seahawks torched them in the second half. 

I like TN at Houston.  Simmons off the Covid list.  The issue with TN is they don't generate a lot of pressures...but can take the ball away.  And Houston just seems to sort of blow.

Im just sucking it up and taking my lumps with KC against Buffalo this week to hold them for the next stretch of their games (Denver, NYJ, Carolina)...then even after their bye they get (Tampa with Tom throwing pick 6s this year that is not bad, Denver again, and Miami).

Someone just dropped GB...thought of them against Brady hoping for one of his pick 6 games...but my options to drop are slim with byes this week and feeling good about my bench.

Looking ahead to next week and I see that both KC (@DEN) and BUF (@NYJ) dropped.

BUF looked like crud @TN but the Jets are obviously not the Titans.

BUF possibly the #1 option next week?

Looking ahead to next week and I see that both KC (@DEN) and BUF (@NYJ) dropped.

BUF looked like crud @TN but the Jets are obviously not the Titans.

BUF possibly the #1 option next week?
Both teams definitely sound good for next week.  Bills D should be much better once White and Milano are back, which if not this week then fully expect them next week.

Jets could be interesting.  Are the players thinking "Yeah, I couldn't stand that Bell guy - glad he's gone" or "WTF?  We sucked with Bell and now you dump him?"    If the latter then the whole team will be running for the bus.

I’m holding a couple extra quarterbacks till Sunday morning, but they are who I’m targeting.

Looking better. Houston looking a little better offensively as well though. But I’d rather roll them than Washington or NYG.  Carolina is an interesting pick as well, but I like TN ability to pound the ball and control clock offense to keep their defense off the field and fresh. 
Oof. Bad take @VikingFrog! You are terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread