Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, bolldpt said:

Ya I was just looking at Mia too. I got NE and may stick with them for next couple of weeks but may stash Mia. Also what's the outlook on Seattle with Adams coming back and Carlos in the fold? Good team to get early?

I'm holding a few D/STs at the moment and SEA is one of them. I've got SEA stashed specifically for weeks 13 and 14 against the NYG and NYJ. Great time to start planning for the playoffs if you can roster a few teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently holding 3 D/STs (BAL, SEA, PHI) in anticipation of the run to the playoffs but also in keeping others from having some jucier matchups (to me this is a big part of stratey to hold multiple D/STs). Might try to pick up MIA to see what they're made of and potentially play them in W11 or W12. Feeling pretty solid at most positions and feel good about carrying one QB (Allen) and one TE (Kelce) to be able to hoard defenses.

Week 09 - BAL (@IND)
Week 10 - BAL (@NE) or PHI (@NYG)
Week 11 - BAL (v.TEN) or PHI (@CLE) or MIA (@DEN)
Week 12 - SEA (@PHI) or MIA (@NYJ)
Week 13 - SEA (v.NYG)
Week 14 - SEA (v.NYJ)
Week 15 - BAL (@JAX)
Week 16 - BAL (v.NYG)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This coming week....dropping KC with Carolina this week then a bye...

First was going to go to the Football Team against the Giants...but looking into Houston against Jax with the QB change/Minshew injury.  Hell even with the stache probably a nice place (put up a nice performance a few weeks ago against Jax)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

have to cover the Rams bye

  • HOU - generally a hell no choice but Jake Luton
  • MIA - would be a good one to pair with another DST, bad matchup this week tho
  • NYG - they have a little pass rush, generate turnovers, plus matchup, s/b low over/under
  • TEN - nice matchup but do we trust this DST? I think not
  • WFT - nobody wants to depend on anyone from this franchise outside of Gibson, but they looked great Week 1 and before the bye, playing a very generous QB

think the best matchup is Washington, but roster construction wise I want the Phins

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

have to cover the Rams bye

  • HOU - generally a hell no choice but Jake Luton
  • MIA - would be a good one to pair with another DST, bad matchup this week tho
  • NYG - they have a little pass rush, generate turnovers, plus matchup, s/b low over/under
  • TEN - nice matchup but do we trust this DST? I think not
  • WFT - nobody wants to depend on anyone from this franchise outside of Gibson, but they looked great Week 1 and before the bye, playing a very generous QB

think the best matchup is Washington, but roster construction wise I want the Phins

 

I like WFT here...or Houston (and agree with your analysis).  Leaned WFT because, if nothing else, they seem to be able to generate pressure and get you some points off of sacks.  TN doesn't seem to do that or I would like them with their matchup.  Give them a pass rush and that D would be pretty darn good.  Without it...they struggle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

have to cover the Rams bye

  • HOU - generally a hell no choice but Jake Luton
  • MIA - would be a good one to pair with another DST, bad matchup this week tho
  • NYG - they have a little pass rush, generate turnovers, plus matchup, s/b low over/under
  • TEN - nice matchup but do we trust this DST? I think not
  • WFT - nobody wants to depend on anyone from this franchise outside of Gibson, but they looked great Week 1 and before the bye, playing a very generous QB

think the best matchup is Washington, but roster construction wise I want the Phins

 

Going for:

AZ -- Dropped because of bye. Face rook Tua.

HOU -- Rookie QB.

NYG -- They've been solid.

GB -- Shor week and facing SF O that is crippled.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

Packers another great pick but presumably rostered 

Why would they be rostered...they have not been good.  

I don't trust them even against a banged up SF team.  They aren't generating any turnovers or pass rush really.  It may work out...but I dont like it.

 

Edited by sho nuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Why would they be rostered...they have not been good.  

I don't trust them even against a banged up SF team.  They aren't generating any turnovers or pass rush really.  It may work out...but I dont like it.

 

You’re right, they suck. Only 3 turnovers. Haven’t been paying too much attention bc I’ve been riding the Rams. Our last place team has been starting the Pack.

Guess if they became available it’d be like the Titans. Good matchup, but can’t trust them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

You’re right, they suck. Only 3 turnovers. Haven’t been paying too much attention bc I’ve been riding the Rams. Our last place team has been starting the Pack.

Guess if they became available it’d be like the Titans. Good matchup, but can’t trust them.

Unfortunately, Ive watced the defense play a lot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Unfortunately, Ive watced the defense play a lot.

 

Can’t be worse than watching a mid level talent D rushing 4 while playing man to man. Least amount of blitzing, highest percentage of M2M. Maddening.

Which reminds me, don’t pick the Lions in a + matchup VS the Vikings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh Defense to feast in a smash spot:

Quote

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Cowboys have benched QB Ben DiNucci for Week 9 in Andy Dalton's absence, and that Garrett Gilbert and Cooper Rush will compete to start against the Steelers. 

Owner Jerry Jones admitted the obvious on Tuesday when he said DiNucci was not ready for his closeup against the Eagles. Neither Gilbert nor Rush will be, either, vs. the Steelers, but the Cowboys needed to try something different. Regardless of who gets the call, the Cowboys' offense will be a zero-floor unit for Week 9. Fantasy players who start Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb or Michael Gallup will be doing so in the hopes they either rack up short, easy completions or manage to hit a big play or two. 

RELATED: 

Garrett Gilbert

, Cooper Rush

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Nov 3, 2020, 4:47 PM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

New England was dropped for whatever reason in my league. I’m throwing the kitchen sink at them as I’m in a must win situation this week even though their schedule past this week is meh.

The Chargers folded late last week for me.

I hope to drop NE for WFT this week   NE has a great matchup this week but then they are useless.  WFT has a good matchup this week and ok matchups for 2 weeks until I can use the Rams again.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I hope to drop NE for WFT this week   NE has a great matchup this week but then they are useless.  WFT has a good matchup this week and ok matchups for 2 weeks until I can use the Rams again.   

Who do you like better this week only? 
I stream week to week and am in must win mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I’m dropping the Rams for Indy and have Miami as well. I’d rather play IND vs BAL than MIA vs ARI this week. Dropping the Rams since they’re on bye and then go up against Chef Russ and Tom and AB. If I can’t claim IND (who i dropped) then I’m picking up NYG vs WASH, who then plays PHI then I can plug in MIA for their 3 game stretch vs DEN, NYJ and CIN. Can also pivot to SEA who plays NYG and NYJ. This is probably the most thought I’ve put into streaming defenses lol. Especially since I’m probably going to end up playing Miami vs Arizona this week anyway. Jeez.

Upon further review. I may just drop Miami for Indy and keep them and the rams and stop streaming. Think I got caught up too much. Both those teams are still top 9 in DVOA and top 8 graded on PFF. Whoops. I’ll see myself out.

Edited by Double
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

have to cover the Rams bye

  • HOU - generally a hell no choice but Jake Luton
  • MIA - would be a good one to pair with another DST, bad matchup this week tho
  • NYG - they have a little pass rush, generate turnovers, plus matchup, s/b low over/under
  • TEN - nice matchup but do we trust this DST? I think not
  • WFT - nobody wants to depend on anyone from this franchise outside of Gibson, but they looked great Week 1 and before the bye, playing a very generous QB

think the best matchup is Washington, but roster construction wise I want the Phins

 

Dropped BUF and was able to get NYG (although top choice was AZ...grabbed).

HOU is sitting there. Hard to trust them. Play @JAX...scored 8 points against them in their first matchup. You'd think this would be a layup against a rookie QB. Feel like they are boom / bust vs. NYG who could just be a solid but not spectacular play @WASH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Dropped BUF and was able to get NYG (although top choice was AZ...grabbed).

HOU is sitting there. Hard to trust them. Play @JAX...scored 8 points against them in their first matchup. You'd think this would be a layup against a rookie QB. Feel like they are boom / bust vs. NYG who could just be a solid but not spectacular play @WASH.

I landed WFT

they're playing each other and I think either is a good pickup this week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Landed WFT. Like how they have NYG, DET, CIN, DAL, it's a good set of games that pairs well with the Bears' schedule (who I want to hold for their WK 13 on)

That said, someone dropped TB. They have some NO, LAR, LC, MIN, ATL, all of whom can score points -- and a bye -- but there isn't really a reason they should be on the wire, right?

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Landed WFT. Like how they have NYG, DET, CIN, DAL, it's a good set of games that pairs well with the Bears' schedule (who I want to hold for their WK 13 on)

That said, someone dropped TB. They have some NO, LAR, LC, MIN, ATL, all of whom can score points -- and a bye -- but there isn't really a reason they should be on the wire, right?

I wasn't originally looking to play WFT against Detroit, but now with Golladay having a hip issue and Stafford on the Covid list that looks a lot better.  It might even put the Vikings DST in play for this week, although I definitely prefer WFT against the Giants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bolldpt said:

Had NE most the year. Will ride them this week. Just picked up Mia. After this week will try for Seattle and drop NE.try to ride Mia and Sea the rest of the way.

I like it. I’m riding the Giants next 2 weeks. Picked up Mia for 2 juicy matchups coming up. But the real sleeper is Seattle. They’ve been bad bout hurt and play I swear something like the 28, 30,31,32 ranked teams vs defenses 4 games in a row. Looking to get them in 2 weeks after high scoring affairs 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

I like it. I’m riding the Giants next 2 weeks. Picked up Mia for 2 juicy matchups coming up. But the real sleeper is Seattle. They’ve been bad bout hurt and play I swear something like the 28, 30,31,32 ranked teams vs defenses 4 games in a row. Looking to get them in 2 weeks after high scoring affairs 

yeah, get the Cardinals in week 11.  Then next 4 include 3 against the NFC Least plus the Jets.  Definitely on my radar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, themeistersinger said:

Packers DST might also be a play - Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, Trent Williams on Covid list.  Kittle and Garoppalo out.  Of course the Niners might just run the wishbone against that Packers run D.

Might be in play?

Probably the best play of the week now. I don't see how that offense operates. And GB is probably going to absolutely roast them.

Could see Mullens playing catchup...throwing INTs, etc.

Had them queued up in waivers a couple nights ago as my fourth option (that I didn't really want). Now kicking myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

I like it. I’m riding the Giants next 2 weeks. Picked up Mia for 2 juicy matchups coming up. But the real sleeper is Seattle. They’ve been bad bout hurt and play I swear something like the 28, 30,31,32 ranked teams vs defenses 4 games in a row. Looking to get them in 2 weeks after high scoring affairs 

Currently starting the NYG against WFT. Should be a slugfest. Feel like the floor is solid. Maybe a chance of something silly like a TD.

Debating HOU though sitting in waivers @JAX. However, that just feels like a trap to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, themeistersinger said:

I wasn't originally looking to play WFT against Detroit, but now with Golladay having a hip issue and Stafford on the Covid list that looks a lot better.  It might even put the Vikings DST in play for this week, although I definitely prefer WFT against the Giants.

I love the WFT D over this course of these next few weeks. I just don't think I can leave TB out there to hang. Second highest scoring D in my league this year so far (a point shy of Indy) and looking solid.

Maybe I'll jettison the Bears for them rather than the WFT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

WFT and SEA also look like a juicy pair.

WFT for NYG, DET, CIN, DAL, then SEA for NYG, NYJ, WAS, with SEA playing LAR or WFT playing CAR to finish the season

I like Seattle's schedule but I'm not confident in their ability to take advantage of it. They've played mostly weak teams so far and are currently ranked 23rd in scoring in my league, averaging 1.7 points per game out of 10 possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In one league I picked up Houston off waivers and am playing them over the Chargers and in the other League I picked up Houston and am starting over Indy. Pickin' on the rookie QB for Jacksonville. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HOU Defense vs. Jacksonville historical....a floor of 3 sacks.  If your league scores for PA and YA, Houston has been a strong play over the last three years

2020 Wk 5 at HOU (Minshew)   2 TOs, 4 sacks, 14 Pts Allowed, 364 Yds Allowed

2019 Wk 2 at HOU (Minshew)  1 TO, 4 sacks, 12 Pts Allowed, 281 Yds Allowed

2019 Wk 9 at Jax (Minshew)   4 TO, 4 sacks, 3 Pts Allowed, 356 Yds Allowed

2018 Wk 7 at Jax (Bortles/Kessler)  3 TO, 4 sacks, 7 Pts Allowed, 259 Yds Allowed

2018 Wk 17 at HOU (Bortles)  2 TO, 3 sacks, 3 Pts Allowed, 119 Yds Allowed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, doeseatplace said:

HOU Defense vs. Jacksonville historical....a floor of 3 sacks.  If your league scores for PA and YA, Houston has been a strong play over the last three years

2020 Wk 5 at HOU (Minshew)   2 TOs, 4 sacks, 14 Pts Allowed, 364 Yds Allowed

2019 Wk 2 at HOU (Minshew)  1 TO, 4 sacks, 12 Pts Allowed, 281 Yds Allowed

2019 Wk 9 at Jax (Minshew)   4 TO, 4 sacks, 3 Pts Allowed, 356 Yds Allowed

2018 Wk 7 at Jax (Bortles/Kessler)  3 TO, 4 sacks, 7 Pts Allowed, 259 Yds Allowed

2018 Wk 17 at HOU (Bortles)  2 TO, 3 sacks, 3 Pts Allowed, 119 Yds Allowed

 

Considering HOU D this week, but they're clearly not a good defense and they just lost 3 defensive players to Covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Faust changed the title to 2021 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...