What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (4 Viewers)

SEA is only 24% owned. 5 sacks & 3 turnovers yesterday, 8 & 8 on the year. @ARI WK 4

NE @ home versus MIA after getting dominated last night should be interesting

CLE 56% still on our WW @OAK WK 4

I own DEN & HOU, which I’m theory should be two good defenses. Hasn’t worked out that way.

I like the Packers for the next three weeks: 

Week 4: Bills @ home 

Week 5: @ Detroit

Week 6: C. J. Beathard led SF squad, at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
With CAR on the BYE, and Cinci facing a now red-hot Falcons offense, I wish I had high enough priority to pick up the Seahawks.  Rosen is going to throw eleventy-gillion Ints.

tempted to pick up the AZ D though - that Swiss cheese OL of the Seahawks + C.Jones = sack city. 

I could see AZ Defense getting some counting stats, but they might be on the field too much to keep the score low.   :shrug:

I'm stubborn. Still think Denver & Houston will come around, too much talent to not round into form.

CLE & SEA are on the WW - maybe drop the Broncos with the Chiefs coming up?

I like the Packers for the next three weeks: 

Week 4: Bills @ home 

Week 5: @ Detroit

Week 6: C. J. Beathard led SF squad the week after, at home.
I'm giving them a shot this week -- I'd like to see Josh Allen do that again before I stop viewing Buffalo's opponent as an auto stream -- but Detroit is not a good matchup (and GB's D isn't very good.)

I'll decide after this week whether to hold GB for the SF matchup.

I'm stubborn. Still think Denver & Houston will come around, too much talent to not round into form.

CLE & SEA are on the WW - maybe drop the Broncos with the Chiefs coming up?
Seattle is absolutely worth a grab this week for the opponent alone. 

Tough call dropping the Donkeys though. 

Seattle is absolutely worth a grab this week for the opponent alone. 

Tough call dropping the Donkeys though. 
I may just stand pat there.

HOU has a ton of bad offenses coming up on the schedule, and I love the DEN playoff schedule.

Normally don't carry two Ds but - stubbornly - really think this could be a killer combo if they start playing better.

I may just stand pat there.

HOU has a ton of bad offenses coming up on the schedule, and I love the DEN playoff schedule.

Normally don't carry two Ds but - stubbornly - really think this could be a killer combo if they start playing better.
Might as well go ahead & carry 3 then for the 2 game the Seahawks get against the Niners. It’ll be Beathard or Savage - that’s fantasy gold, Jerry. :P  

Might as well go ahead & carry 3 then for the 2 game the Seahawks get against the Niners. It’ll be Beathard or Savage - that’s fantasy gold, Jerry. :P  
Haha well I guess Dede is my WR7 is Alshon ever plays so maybe I'll do it  :lmao:

My team is pretty solid all over so I just don't want to tinker too much. But I clearly don't need 7 when I can only start 4 max.

ETA: dangit, can't make a move this week. Knew I should have submitted last night. Alshon & Cook are both Questionable this morning, so I'd have to cut Westbrook & then drop another player to land the Seahawks. Silly IR rules been messing me up for weeks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I still kind of want to target them..
The Vikings totally slept on the Bills and lost.  Now they have to play @ Rams without star defender E. Griffin.

Which leads me to GB.  I expect Rodgers and company to take care of business at home vs Bills.  Game script should flip with Josh Allen playing catch up.  The Bills were leading the entire freaking game against the Vikings.  Are we expecting the same at GB?  No I don't think so.  GB D should be one of the top streamers of the week.  Don't overthink it.

I have Ravens, but not liking Steelers match up, not to mention I'll be playing Ben, AB and Conner (I know that doesnt matter, but certainly makes it hard to watch)-- SEA is available --only problem with them is (if I keep both) they play Rams during Ravens bye --

The Vikings totally slept on the Bills and lost. Now they have to play @ Rams without star defender E. Griffin.

Which leads me to GB. I expect Rodgers and company to take care of business at home vs Bills. Game script should flip with Josh Allen playing catch up. The Bills were leading the entire freaking game against the Vikings. Are we expecting the same at GB? No I don't think so. GB D should be one of the top streamers of the week. Don't overthink it.
Yeah, I mean I preemptively picked up GB in a majority of my leagues last week. I see that they're -10 at home, I don't think I would ever shy away from something like that. It sucks that they lost Wilkerson though.

Alright, there are three no brain streamers this week -- LAC vs SF, GB vs BUF, and SEA @AZ -- how do you rank them? I'll give it a shot.

1. LAC -- Gotta think SF is a bit in disarray. C. Beathard is not a good matchup for this secondary. And LAC has to crush this one.

2. GB vs BUF -- Counting on the MN game being an anomaly. GB D not great by any means, but they are much better at home and thinking BUF comes down to earth. They wont sneak up on GB.

3. SEA -- Think this is a solid play, but Rosen actually looks like he can be competent. Always wary of a D playing away as well.

What ya got?

Alright, there are three no brain streamers this week -- LAC vs SF, GB vs BUF, and SEA @AZ -- how do you rank them? I'll give it a shot.

1. LAC -- Gotta think SF is a bit in disarray. C. Beathard is not a good matchup for this secondary. And LAC has to crush this one.

2. GB vs BUF -- Counting on the MN game being an anomaly. GB D not great by any means, but they are much better at home and thinking BUF comes down to earth. They wont sneak up on GB.

3. SEA -- Think this is a solid play, but Rosen actually looks like he can be competent. Always wary of a D playing away as well.

What ya got?
You have the order right.

What ya got?
Looks good to me --and all available in my league -Just need to decide if I should just roll with Ravens anyway--

How do people see BAL? They got gashed in Week 2 but were solid WK1 and would have been a top-ranked D last week had a return for a TD been upheld given penalty.

I was thinking of holding and platooning with SD for the year as I think both of these Ds grade out as Top 10 Ds ROS, rather than the added variance streaming might get. But wanted to get the experts' view in this thread.

How do people see BAL? They got gashed in Week 2 but were solid WK1 and would have been a top-ranked D last week had a return for a TD been upheld given penalty.

I was thinking of holding and platooning with SD for the year as I think both of these Ds grade out as Top 10 Ds ROS, rather than the added variance streaming might get. But wanted to get the experts' view in this thread.
My thoughts exactly.  BAL-Bolts or BAL -Sea.  Ravens need Mosely back. J Smith will be back Week 5 I think. If he behaves.

Man, I want to believe that with Baltimore but I just don't see it. Even worse, I'm having a real hard time seeing any great defenses or who the true marks are (bad teams) to play against. I've never gone this far into the season and STILL have been so uncertain. Oye vey.

Man, I want to believe that with Baltimore but I just don't see it. Even worse, I'm having a real hard time seeing any great defenses or who the true marks are (bad teams) to play against. I've never gone this far into the season and STILL have been so uncertain. Oye vey.
Yeah, six teams pulled off huge upsets last week.

Are Bears owners sticking or streaming this week vs TB? I also have Cinci but they're @ATL. Could pick up someone else, but I'm thinking Chicago could be OK. First of all, Fitz could implode any time. Second, even if he goes four-large again, it doesn't mean there won't be sacks and TOs.

On the verge of dropping them for weekly matchups.........are they good enough to hang on to a roster a 2nd defence this week? Anyone have the stones to play them against Steelers?

Perennial red flag for me: when different people are pimping two different Ds in the same game. Seeing that with Seattle/AZ this week. Leaves me inclined to treat game as a stay away.

Just looked at BAL schedule, brutal rest of the way with KC on the road week 1 playoffs.......anyone else dropping them this week? Any middling defenses that could be good pickups like GB, KC?

Are Bears owners sticking or streaming this week vs TB? I also have Cinci but they're @ATL. Could pick up someone else, but I'm thinking Chicago could be OK. First of all, Fitz could implode any time. Second, even if he goes four-large again, it doesn't mean there won't be sacks and TOs.
Starting CHI with confidence. Steelers showed Fitz will turn it over/take sacks under pressure.

Starting CHI with confidence. Steelers showed Fitz will turn it over/take sacks under pressure.
Not loving CHI D. Couple of Fitzy's INTs were fluky. They still put up a ton of yards and points.

If Nagy continues to be a moron play caller I could see TB getting too many opportunities.

See lower yardage/points with same potential for turnovers with the likes of LAC, GB, and SEA.

Challenge with Chicago is they’re facing a potentially difficult matchup v TB and then a bye. So you’re gonna have to drop them at the bye or carry 2 Ds. Not awesome 

Thinking of dropping Chicago, yes it hurts, targeting GB or Az and riding them for a couple of weeks 

Challenge with Chicago is they’re facing a potentially difficult matchup v TB and then a bye. So you’re gonna have to drop them at the bye or carry 2 Ds. Not awesome 

Thinking of dropping Chicago, yes it hurts, targeting GB or Az and riding them for a couple of weeks 
I see Arizona highly ranked.......how with a non existent offense and a rookie QB that can turnover and leave a short field?

I see Arizona highly ranked.......how with a non existent offense and a rookie QB that can turnover and leave a short field?
I chose Pitt over them for this very reason.

I don’t think Pitt is a great choice either but Arizona defense seems like asking for trouble.

Seattle and Green Bay got snagged off waivers. 

I chose Pitt over them for this very reason.

I don’t think Pitt is a great choice either but Arizona defense seems like asking for trouble.

Seattle and Green Bay got snagged off waivers. 
All those options are gone in our league, Texans were dropped anyone like them or see anything deeper?

What are you thinking for next week when they're on bye? SF/AZ have a "pick either side" matchup, as do Tenn/Buffalo.

I have the roster spot to pick someone up now, but I'm honestly not sure which is the best option. Leaning AZ because they're a halfway decent D facing a terrible QB. Just wish they were at home.

In the league where I have Carolina, thinking they could be a set-it-and-forget-it D for the rest of the regular season once they come off their bye. Only scary matchups are Week 7 (@PHI) and 10 (@PIT). Unfortunately, their playoff schedule starts off fine (@CLE) before finishing vs. NO/ATL (though at least both are at home). Still, seems like they could be a good ride while it lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread