Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Quick question. And I had a long work week so maybe I’m going crazy.

I swear I went to bed at halftime and the Jets had a punt block showing across all my league scoring. My guess is that it got re-assessed, but wondering if anyone who watched the game could chime in. Went to bed with 14 points from my defense and woke up with 4.

I think there was a partial block.

My understanding is that a partially blocked FG counts as a block no matter what (unless it's good, I suppose) but a partially blocked punt only counts if it doesn't cross the line of scrimmage. If it does it's just a short punt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a ranking of the Week 15 defenses.  In bold is the defense followed by average points scored.  Next is their opponent and average points allowed to opposing defenses.  Lastly, the two numbers

Might pre-emptively pick up Green Bay Packers, after this week their next 3 are BUF, DET, SF

Lots of people may have scooped up MIA. I wasn't one of them given waiver priority.  But in the interest of looking down the stretch with Ds that have become "hot" as of late and that streamers ma

I know it's not really a good committee question, but I have Baltimore.  Chicago was still sitting out there this morning inexplicably, so I decided to grab them as well.  

Chicago @ ARI seems clearly better than Baltimore vs. DEN today, but Baltimore seems to be projected around the same.  Who is the better play?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I know it's not really a good committee question, but I have Baltimore.  Chicago was still sitting out there this morning inexplicably, so I decided to grab them as well.  

Chicago @ ARI seems clearly better than Baltimore vs. DEN today, but Baltimore seems to be projected around the same.  Who is the better play?

I dropped BALT D in favor of CHI myself. Also think CHI is a better long term play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I kind of agree.  My biggest issue is that CHI has a bye after next week, which is kind of annoying.

I took that into consideration as well, but I see other streamable D's out there two weeks out.

More concerned about CHI D matchup against TB next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

SEA is only 24% owned. 5 sacks & 3 turnovers yesterday, 8 & 8 on the year. @ARI WK 4

NE @ home versus MIA after getting dominated last night should be interesting

CLE 56% still on our WW @OAK WK 4

I own DEN & HOU, which I’m theory should be two good defenses. Hasn’t worked out that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With CAR on the BYE, and Cinci facing a now red-hot Falcons offense, I wish I had high enough priority to pick up the Seahawks.  Rosen is going to throw eleventy-gillion Ints.

tempted to pick up the AZ D though - that Swiss cheese OL of the Seahawks + C.Jones = sack city. 

I could see AZ Defense getting some counting stats, but they might be on the field too much to keep the score low.  :shrug:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pietaster2 said:

I like the Packers for the next three weeks: 

Week 4: Bills @ home 

Week 5: Detroit

Week 6: C. J. Beathard led SF squad the week after, at home.

I'm giving them a shot this week -- I'd like to see Josh Allen do that again before I stop viewing Buffalo's opponent as an auto stream -- but Detroit is not a good matchup (and GB's D isn't very good.)

I'll decide after this week whether to hold GB for the SF matchup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

I'm stubborn. Still think Denver & Houston will come around, too much talent to not round into form.

CLE & SEA are on the WW - maybe drop the Broncos with the Chiefs coming up?

Seattle is absolutely worth a grab this week for the opponent alone. 

Tough call dropping the Donkeys though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Seattle is absolutely worth a grab this week for the opponent alone. 

Tough call dropping the Donkeys though. 

I may just stand pat there.

HOU has a ton of bad offenses coming up on the schedule, and I love the DEN playoff schedule.

Normally don't carry two Ds but - stubbornly - really think this could be a killer combo if they start playing better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

I may just stand pat there.

HOU has a ton of bad offenses coming up on the schedule, and I love the DEN playoff schedule.

Normally don't carry two Ds but - stubbornly - really think this could be a killer combo if they start playing better.

Might as well go ahead & carry 3 then for the 2 game the Seahawks get against the Niners. It’ll be Beathard or Savage - that’s fantasy gold, Jerry. :P 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Might as well go ahead & carry 3 then for the 2 game the Seahawks get against the Niners. It’ll be Beathard or Savage - that’s fantasy gold, Jerry. :P 

 

Haha well I guess Dede is my WR7 is Alshon ever plays so maybe I'll do it :lmao:

My team is pretty solid all over so I just don't want to tinker too much. But I clearly don't need 7 when I can only start 4 max.

ETA: dangit, can't make a move this week. Knew I should have submitted last night. Alshon & Cook are both Questionable this morning, so I'd have to cut Westbrook & then drop another player to land the Seahawks. Silly IR rules been messing me up for weeks. 

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

I still kind of want to target them..

The Vikings totally slept on the Bills and lost.  Now they have to play @ Rams without star defender E. Griffin.

Which leads me to GB.  I expect Rodgers and company to take care of business at home vs Bills.  Game script should flip with Josh Allen playing catch up.  The Bills were leading the entire freaking game against the Vikings.  Are we expecting the same at GB?  No I don't think so.  GB D should be one of the top streamers of the week.  Don't overthink it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, steelwind said:

The Vikings totally slept on the Bills and lost. Now they have to play @ Rams without star defender E. Griffin.

Which leads me to GB. I expect Rodgers and company to take care of business at home vs Bills. Game script should flip with Josh Allen playing catch up. The Bills were leading the entire freaking game against the Vikings. Are we expecting the same at GB? No I don't think so. GB D should be one of the top streamers of the week. Don't overthink it.

Yeah, I mean I preemptively picked up GB in a majority of my leagues last week. I see that they're -10 at home, I don't think I would ever shy away from something like that. It sucks that they lost Wilkerson though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, there are three no brain streamers this week -- LAC vs SF, GB vs BUF, and SEA @AZ -- how do you rank them? I'll give it a shot.

1. LAC -- Gotta think SF is a bit in disarray. C. Beathard is not a good matchup for this secondary. And LAC has to crush this one.

2. GB vs BUF -- Counting on the MN game being an anomaly. GB D not great by any means, but they are much better at home and thinking BUF comes down to earth. They wont sneak up on GB.

3. SEA -- Think this is a solid play, but Rosen actually looks like he can be competent. Always wary of a D playing away as well.

What ya got?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Alright, there are three no brain streamers this week -- LAC vs SF, GB vs BUF, and SEA @AZ -- how do you rank them? I'll give it a shot.

1. LAC -- Gotta think SF is a bit in disarray. C. Beathard is not a good matchup for this secondary. And LAC has to crush this one.

2. GB vs BUF -- Counting on the MN game being an anomaly. GB D not great by any means, but they are much better at home and thinking BUF comes down to earth. They wont sneak up on GB.

3. SEA -- Think this is a solid play, but Rosen actually looks like he can be competent. Always wary of a D playing away as well.

What ya got?

You have the order right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Alright, there are three no brain streamers this week -- LAC vs SF, GB vs BUF, and SEA @AZ -- how do you rank them? I'll give it a shot.

1. LAC -- Gotta think SF is a bit in disarray. C. Beathard is not a good matchup for this secondary. And LAC has to crush this one.

2. GB vs BUF -- Counting on the MN game being an anomaly. GB D not great by any means, but they are much better at home and thinking BUF comes down to earth. They wont sneak up on GB.

3. SEA -- Think this is a solid play, but Rosen actually looks like he can be competent. Always wary of a D playing away as well.

What ya got?

Looks good to me --and all available in my league -Just need to decide if I should just roll with Ravens anyway--

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

I'm stubborn. Still think Denver & Houston will come around, too much talent to not round into form.

CLE & SEA are on the WW - maybe drop the Broncos with the Chiefs coming up?

:X

turrible!!

Torn between GB and Seattle this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do people see BAL? They got gashed in Week 2 but were solid WK1 and would have been a top-ranked D last week had a return for a TD been upheld given penalty.

I was thinking of holding and platooning with SD for the year as I think both of these Ds grade out as Top 10 Ds ROS, rather than the added variance streaming might get. But wanted to get the experts' view in this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

How do people see BAL? They got gashed in Week 2 but were solid WK1 and would have been a top-ranked D last week had a return for a TD been upheld given penalty.

I was thinking of holding and platooning with SD for the year as I think both of these Ds grade out as Top 10 Ds ROS, rather than the added variance streaming might get. But wanted to get the experts' view in this thread.

My thoughts exactly.  BAL-Bolts or BAL -Sea.  Ravens need Mosely back. J Smith will be back Week 5 I think. If he behaves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

How do people see BAL? They got gashed in Week 2 but were solid WK1 and would have been a top-ranked D last week had a return for a TD been upheld given penalty.

I was thinking of holding and platooning with SD for the year as I think both of these Ds grade out as Top 10 Ds ROS, rather than the added variance streaming might get. But wanted to get the experts' view in this thread.

Man, I want to believe that with Baltimore but I just don't see it. Even worse, I'm having a real hard time seeing any great defenses or who the true marks are (bad teams) to play against. I've never gone this far into the season and STILL have been so uncertain. Oye vey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Futz said:

Man, I want to believe that with Baltimore but I just don't see it. Even worse, I'm having a real hard time seeing any great defenses or who the true marks are (bad teams) to play against. I've never gone this far into the season and STILL have been so uncertain. Oye vey.

Yeah, six teams pulled off huge upsets last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Bears owners sticking or streaming this week vs TB? I also have Cinci but they're @ATL. Could pick up someone else, but I'm thinking Chicago could be OK. First of all, Fitz could implode any time. Second, even if he goes four-large again, it doesn't mean there won't be sacks and TOs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

How do people see BAL? They got gashed in Week 2 but were solid WK1 and would have been a top-ranked D last week had a return for a TD been upheld given penalty.

I was thinking of holding and platooning with SD for the year as I think both of these Ds grade out as Top 10 Ds ROS, rather than the added variance streaming might get. But wanted to get the experts' view in this thread.

On the verge of dropping them for weekly matchups.........are they good enough to hang on to a roster a 2nd defence this week? Anyone have the stones to play them against Steelers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Are Bears owners sticking or streaming this week vs TB? I also have Cinci but they're @ATL. Could pick up someone else, but I'm thinking Chicago could be OK. First of all, Fitz could implode any time. Second, even if he goes four-large again, it doesn't mean there won't be sacks and TOs.

Starting CHI with confidence. Steelers showed Fitz will turn it over/take sacks under pressure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sped1103 said:

Starting CHI with confidence. Steelers showed Fitz will turn it over/take sacks under pressure.

Not loving CHI D. Couple of Fitzy's INTs were fluky. They still put up a ton of yards and points.

If Nagy continues to be a moron play caller I could see TB getting too many opportunities.

See lower yardage/points with same potential for turnovers with the likes of LAC, GB, and SEA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge with Chicago is they’re facing a potentially difficult matchup v TB and then a bye. So you’re gonna have to drop them at the bye or carry 2 Ds. Not awesome 

 

Thinking of dropping Chicago, yes it hurts, targeting GB or Az and riding them for a couple of weeks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WhatRox said:

Challenge with Chicago is they’re facing a potentially difficult matchup v TB and then a bye. So you’re gonna have to drop them at the bye or carry 2 Ds. Not awesome 

 

Thinking of dropping Chicago, yes it hurts, targeting GB or Az and riding them for a couple of weeks 

I see Arizona highly ranked.......how with a non existent offense and a rookie QB that can turnover and leave a short field?

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

I see Arizona highly ranked.......how with a non existent offense and a rookie QB that can turnover and leave a short field?

I chose Pitt over them for this very reason.

I don’t think Pitt is a great choice either but Arizona defense seems like asking for trouble.

Seattle and Green Bay got snagged off waivers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GoBirds said:

On the verge of dropping them for weekly matchups.........are they good enough to hang on to a roster a 2nd defence this week? Anyone have the stones to play them against Steelers?

No

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Faust changed the title to 2021 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...