What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (6 Viewers)

Anybody else rolling out LAR defense tonight?

Don’t like the TNF obviously, feel like if Rams are stopping the run and Cam is throwing, that it could get ugly.

Have the option to pivot to KC v Tua. KC hasn’t really looked too spectacular  despite some good recent matchups and Tua seems likely to still put up points. 

Can’t beat a good DST discussion. Good luck all.  

Wanted to get LAR, but they got snagged in front of me. Currently have GB for this week and CLE for 15/16 (if I make it). Can grab ARI for this week in place of GB if I want. Any thoughts?

Anybody else rolling out LAR defense tonight?

Don’t like the TNF obviously, feel like if Rams are stopping the run and Cam is throwing, that it could get ugly.

Have the option to pivot to KC v Tua. KC hasn’t really looked too spectacular  despite some good recent matchups and Tua seems likely to still put up points. 

Can’t beat a good DST discussion. Good luck all.  

As of now, I’m rolling with the Rams over WFT.   I think.  

Nice start to the playoffs for all those Rams D owners out there. I needed the upside this week, so that was huge. Rams D is just a terror this year. And once teams get down and are forced to pass, this defense just chokes their life away. 

Rams put up 30 in my league tonight, with the Jets next week should we be expecting a 40 burger?

Nice start to the playoffs for all those Rams D owners out there. I needed the upside this week, so that was huge. Rams D is just a terror this year. And once teams get down and are forced to pass, this defense just chokes their life away. 

Rams put up 30 in my league tonight, with the Jets next week should we be expecting a 40 burger?
Glad you went with the Rams.  I switched to the WFT last minute.  Hope they can do ok.   If I win this and have another week, the Rams are going to be a great start against the tanking Jets.  

Was thinking of NE as an option next week @Miami with Tua at the helm, but whoah...they looked terrible last night against the run. Wow.

Was thinking of NE as an option next week @Miami with Tua at the helm, but whoah...they looked terrible last night against the run. Wow.
I’m starting to feel pretty good about Mia next week vs the pats.

panthers this week, anyone?  They’ve had two very big games the past couple weeks and Denver is pathetic.

probably will stick with Saints vs hurts first start, but it’s intriguing.

Looking to pick up for next week one of these two

Niners at Cowboys - SF currently favored by 3.5

Browns at Giants - CLE currently favored by 3

Currently have Seahawks - next week they are at Washington - Seahawks favored by 3.5

Looking to pick up for next week one of these two

Niners at Cowboys - SF currently favored by 3.5

Browns at Giants - CLE currently favored by 3

Currently have Seahawks - next week they are at Washington - Seahawks favored by 3.5
I have both the 49ers and Browns rostered.... currently planning on starting the Browns. The 49ers are a better real world D, but the Browns score more fantasy points w/sacks and turnovers... at least in my league. The matchups seem like a wash. 

I was thinking to pick up Cleveland for week 16, but I don't see how I can possibly bench the Rams right now.

I was thinking to pick up Cleveland for week 16, but I don't see how I can possibly bench the Rams right now.
I’m thinking of week 16 as well, as the Rams at Seattle would have me concerned, but as you said, they are on fire right now. But if I had the option of scooping Cleveland right now versus the Jets I would jump on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else sitting the Ravens for other options like the 49ers, WFT, Panthers, Cardinals etc. 

Ravens haven’t been the same lately. 

PIT D/ST owner here. Been great pretty much all year with only one down defensive game. Gotta keep rolling them out... I think.

Dilemma is also starting J Allen and Beasley at WR 3 against my PIT D. Pivot to another decent D or pivot to Taysom at QB, or just stand pat. So far standing pat.

This is true.

But this feels like a trap.

(or maybe that's me and my regret for not having MIA anymore).
NE historically has trouble down in Miami late in the season. However, BB obviously knows Flores well.

I have the NE D and MIA D is in waivers. I'm leaning on the MIA side just because Tua doesn't seem to turn the ball over.

Since Cam refuses to throw for over 125 yards the Miami D seems like a safe floor bet. Think I need upside though. My potential opponents have the LAR and SEA D in great matchups.

Assume those that own NO D are playing them this week, but after this week are we ditching them?

No way am I starting vs KC in week 15 and then week 16 the matchup is at home vs. MN. Statistically, MN is a plus matchup and Cousins on the road is always shaky. That said, that team has firepower and seems to be rolling with Cook/Theilan/Jefferson.

Since I'm on bye I'm tempted to ditch NO and look for other week 16 options. Don't love what I see as alternatives though:

* KC vs ATL

* HOU vs CINCI --- These "lousy Ds vs lousy Os" choices always seem to backfire (like LV @NYJ last week).

* PHI @DAL

* BUF@NE -- Actually, this matchup could be a good one. Buffalo could be looking to put a nail in the NE coffin and secure the division among other things. And who knows...NE may have turned to Stidham at this point. Hmmmm.

What does Buffalo def look like? Points wise not good but Den and NE look juicy.

I'm thinking of picking them up to pair with Sea and Mia 

PIT D/ST owner here. Been great pretty much all year with only one down defensive game. Gotta keep rolling them out... I think.

Dilemma is also starting J Allen and Beasley at WR 3 against my PIT D. Pivot to another decent D or pivot to Taysom at QB, or just stand pat. So far standing pat.
I'm in the same dilemma. Pitt D has been great but they are facing a top Off and have lost some key players on the Defensive side.

Looking at picking up Dallas.  I mean they have to be able to stop or keep Cinci in check. I also have Pittsburgh which I don't like that matchup against Buffalo 

What about Tennessee playing Jacksonville instead of Pittsburg versus Buffalo?

The Titans are not as good a defense as the Steelers, but there may be points playing the Jaguars!

Scooby1974 said:
I'm in the same dilemma. Pitt D has been great but they are facing a top Off and have lost some key players on the Defensive side.
Their D is still inspired as success breeds success. Perhaps they give up 2-3 TD's and 2-3 FG's or 24 - 30 points? They can still produce turnovers and sacks and has just as good as a defensive TD as any other team. Losing a few defensive stars allows others to shine as well. It does add to the equation. I mean what's left to play that is any better then PIT D. Not much. Pivoting to J Hill at QB is not necessarily a better call either. Dilemma is right.

I realize it's not ideal by any means starting Allen vs PIT D. In this one game I could have Allen and Beasley, Connor and Claypool and PIT D. Five players in one basket is not necessarily a good formula maximizing success. I could sit Claypool for Hollywood. But playing against Hollywood in the playoffs in another league. Not that this should matter. I see Claypool as a WR 3 / Flex and Hollywood as a WR 3/4 with Flex potential too.

Riding the Bucs & Browns as long as I stay in the playoffs.
You and me both, hoss.

:hifive:

Though if I am honest, I think TB is more a back-up play. After the first round playoff bye, I think I'd rather trot CLE@NYG, CLE@NYJ are both > TB@ATL and TB@DET. 

All of these games in weeks 15 and 16 for both teams are on the road. In this day and age of COVID, that's not as much of a concern, but something to think about.

With a bye this week looking ahead to week 15.

Just dumped NO who faces KC next week for Mia (vs NE). Hated to drop NO D, but definitely not playing them next week and the week 16 matchup vs MN isn't that great either.

Also just dumped the SF D for the BUF D who face Denver in Denver next week. SF D is in Dallas and they looked competent against the BALT D. 

Miami and BUF Ds for next week. Worry about that decision in a few days. Crossing fingers for a blizzard in Denver.

8 reasons the Eagles' defense is better than you think

Defense does its part with sacks, takeaways vs. Saints

Playoffs? Playoffs? Don’t count it out if the Eagles’ defense keeps this up.

Eagles DB Darius Slay is in the league's concussion protocol. 

Philadelphia's secondary was ravaged by injuries in Week 14 against the Saints. S Rodney McLeod (ACL) is done for the year, Slay is in the NFL's concussion protocol, and CB Avonte Maddox (knee) is expected to miss some time. The Eagles starting their B-team secondary against Arizona this week could mean good things for Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins. 

RELATED: 

Avonte Maddox

, Rodney McLeod

SOURCE: Geoff Mosher on Twitter 

Dec 14, 2020, 12:36 PM ET

Have been rolling with the Rams and they have the Jets this week but picked up Texans for week 16 vs The Bengals...may have to re- think that 
I did EXACTLY this as well and am going to dump Houston and just roll with the Rams the next 2 weeks and cross my fingers they put up a few sacks and 1 or 2 turnovers in an important divisional game against Seattle. 

Rams have been awesome....now they get the Jets in the semis so I am set there for this week.

Have a guy or two I can probably drop at this point with no worries to get that D set up possibly for next week...but maybe also to block my opponent this week (I will have waiver priority and he has the Saints D who I know he won't play against KC).

Looking at SF getting Dallas this week (which would probably be who he will pick up).

Other possibility is Cleveland (Giants this week, Jets next week)

Then there is Miami who was dropped (New England then Vegas).  While their schedule isn't the best...that D has been rock solid putting up points all year)

I will probably still end up playing the Rams even against Seattle (they put up good points against them last time) and hard to bench the #2 D...if it was just about who I think he may pick...probably SF.  But Miami being the #3 D in scoring just barely behind LA makes them tempting to keep from any other team as well.  Also looking ahead...the other two teams in the semis likely not making a move this week for a D unless they are setting up for week 16.  Ahh...just all the fun of trying to possibly block another team

I stashed three Ds and now need to chose beween:

* BUF @DEN -- BUF D looked good last week, but against that fraud PIT offense. With a trip west, D. Lock looking like he's heating up, and NE up next to clinch that division I wonder if there is a Buffalo letdown.

* NE @MIA -- Miami offensive weapons are depleted, but NE usually has a tough time down there and it's not like their offense will do them any favors.

* Miami vs NE -- On the flip side is Miami vs the same NE team. Not sure the Miami offense will do them any favors either, but this D seems a bit more disruptive than NE.

Right now leaning Miami. That MIA/NE game seems like it could be a slugfest low scorere and Miami has still been getting turnovers (even against KC) and TDs.

What about Cleveland? They finish the fantasy playoffs @ NYG and @ NYJ. They really aren't the best real-life D, but the matchups don't get much better. They've given up 47 and 35 the past 2 weeks, but that was to BAL and TEN, two far better offenses than the pair of NY teams. 

Broncobiv said:
What about Cleveland? They finish the fantasy playoffs @ NYG and @ NYJ. They really aren't the best real-life D, but the matchups don't get much better. They've given up 47 and 35 the past 2 weeks, but that was to BAL and TEN, two far better offenses than the pair of NY teams. 
I’m in a league where points allowed doesn’t matter as much.  

im deciding between KC, Cleveland and Miami myself. 

Need Sacks, INTs and hold under 100 rushing yards would be nice. 

kyoun1e said:
* NE @MIA -- Miami offensive weapons are depleted, but NE usually has a tough time down there and it's not like their offense will do them any favors.
This is the pick. Bill Belichick has a strong track record when facing rookie QB's. Made Herbert look like a high schooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
kyoun1e said:
I stashed three Ds and now need to chose beween:

* BUF @DEN -- BUF D looked good last week, but against that fraud PIT offense. With a trip west, D. Lock looking like he's heating up, and NE up next to clinch that division I wonder if there is a Buffalo letdown.

* Miami vs NE -- On the flip side is Miami vs the same NE team. Not sure the Miami offense will do them any favors either, but this D seems a bit more disruptive than NE.
Torn between these two. I can see NE running the ball all day and preventing Miami from racking up any good score save fumbles in that contest and I can also picture Denver at home putting up some good numbers with a hotter Lock. The matchups aren't that great this week on the wire.

Users who are viewing this thread