What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator 2018 Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Shepherd

Footballguy
Hey all,

The Draft Dominator is released for 2018!

Here are the links:

Online: https://draftdominator.footballguys.com

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.footballguys.FBGDraft2018

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ff-draft-dominator-18/id1386752875?pt=357855&ct=Forums&mt=8

Support

As always guys any general questions/discussion about the app - fire away here. To report any issues, bugs or to get help using the app, please open a ticket at our help desk: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com

And here's what we changed for 2018:

1. Offline functionality for chrome and firefox - works even with completely zero internet connection
  2. Drafts are now all synced with the cloud across all your devices
  3. Import leagues from host websites: every last setting including draft order included. No more manually entering any league scoring or keepers!
  4. View under the more menu to edit all your fantasy leagues at any time
  5. More triggers for syncing with the cloud automatically, such as when you visit the edit leagues or list draft screens
  6. Gold/silver/bronze star system for snake drafts: the top picks are assigned these icons to make tiers obvious for the best available players. Sometimes you might have 1 gold player and 4 bronze; the gold is clearly the best pick. Another time you may have 5 gold, 3 silver and 0 bronze - so 5 great picks, 3 reasonable alternatives and no-one else you should consider.
  7. Loading draft dialog: progress bar, draft and league title, and a helpful tip for using the app each time you load a draft.
  8. Desktop UI:

Correct hover and cursor effects across all screens
  9. Cleaner spacing of all the columns
  10. 2 column layout meaning the app works in a browser window as narrow as 620px (as well as the 3 and 4 column layouts from last year)
  11. Players can be picked, nominated, unpicked or added/removed to/from the shortlist directly from the players list, without having to first open the player card
  12. Menu system much cleaner and easier to use

[*]New pick UI:

1. On the draft board list, selecting a pick now shows details for that pick in a modal panel instead of a small window bottom left.
  2. The panel automatically switches to the next pick in real drafts; picks can therefore be entered quicker than ever before making it easy to keep up even on 30 second timers
  3. In auction drafts, our current valuation for the player is now always visible whenever a player is up for auction
  4. From the new pick view, the selected or nominated player's player card is also directly available
  5. Pretty colors back for selected picks on the draft board list! As well as capitalization of player names, therefore making the draft board list look as much as possible like a IRL draft board
  6. Mock auction bidding now happens directly above the draft board list, not in the pick view, so on large devices, it is always visible top left of the screen - it's the most important part of the screen during an auction, so that's where it belongs.
  7. Draft board list automatically scrolls to the current pick in the draft, whenever it changes

[*]Other minor UI tweaks to match the colors and fonts of the Footballguys website

[*]Draft start/resume buttons moved to always be directly above the draft board, where they belong

[*]New column system on the players list. Much easier to switch between column groups (e.g. VBD, Analysis, Projections etc.)

[*]On desktop, every column now also has a tooltip to explain exactly what the metric means (e.g. the VBD start column explains exactly it means)

[*]On desktop, draft results and cheat sheets can be directly downloaded and printed, without needing to first send a link to your email

[*]Draftmaster improvements

1. will draft and suggest more defenses/kickers to cover all weeks
  2. uses a customized positional need ratio

[*]Flexible positions per site: your MFL league lists Kahlil Mack as a linebacker but Footballguys has him as a defensive end? Not a problem anymore. The app now switches to whatever position he's in for the league you currently are drafting in.

[*]Incoming stats can be decimals for games played, touchdowns and some other categories

[*]Auto-Imported keepers can be assigned to a specific pick in a specific round

[*]Support for passing, rushing and receiving first down scoring

[*]Small tablets or "phablets" may now be able to use the landscape column layout on android

[*]All tablets and iPads can now be rotated to portrait mode, going down to the 2 column view if necessary

[*]Renaming EDP to ADP+

[*]The active draft can now be deleted at any time from the list drafts screen

[*]Minor ui changes:

1. Position selector hover/selected effects to make it more obvious
  2. For auction drafts, in the 4 column view, there is now a list of teams with their remaining budgets and max allowed bids in the 4th column
  3. Sliders: killing the ugly shadow. Making them bigger for an easier target to drag around
  4. Rankings profile: some help text to explain how to use this advanced view
  5. Bolding the rank column of the main players list to make it super clear this is the most important column for snake drafts
  6. The same for the retail column in auction drafts
  7. The main settings menu on large devices was moved into two columns to prevent it overflowing vertically on smaller screens

[*]Cheat sheets:

1. keepers marked
  2. Auction values now 100% consistent with the players list for the first overall pick

[*]Bug fixes:

1. Issue with alert boxes on desktop being unclosable and therefore freezing the app
  2. Preventing users manually zero'ing roster or scoring settings (this would prevent drafts from loading)
  3. Issue where teams having more keepers than the roster size of the league would deduct draft picks from other teams, as well
  4. Increased default AI picking speed in mock drafts
  5. All data update issues on desktop resolved
  6. Mock auction freeze issue
  7. Display fixes for auction drafts that use decimal bidding
  8. Draft board grid display: align team columns wherever possible
  9. Auction drafts no longer force everyone to draft a complete starting lineup (although the AI will still always try to do this)
  10. Issue where mock auctions initial bid selector was corrupting any future use of message prompts - not allowing text to be entered in them (e.g. "Please enter the name of your new rankings profile" prompt could get disabled)
  11. RB/WR flex + WR/TE combined leagues will now always have an optimal lineup selected for them every time. Previously it was possible for a WR to go in the RB/WR slot and a RB left on the bench, instead of the RB being placed in the RB/WR slot and the WR in the WR/TE slot.

Sweet.

How many instances do I have to pay for? I presume separate payment for Online and Android. If I buy the Android version can I install it on multiple devices or would that be separate charges?

Sweet.

How many instances do I have to pay for? I presume separate payment for Online and Android. If I buy the Android version can I install it on multiple devices or would that be separate charges?
So the Online version is sold as part of the subscription. If you're an FBG subscriber, you're good to go there. Otherwise, you can continue to use it all summer long, but the data will freeze to whatever we have on June 15.

Android and iOS are both $4.99 and are one purchase per Google Play/iTunes Store account. So if you want it on an iPad and an iPhone, you'd only need to pay once. Likewise with an Android phone and tablet. But if you want it on an android phone and an iPad, you'd need to buy it separately in both stores. Apple and Google don't play nice with crediting purchases from each other's systems!

So the Online version is sold as part of the subscription. If you're an FBG subscriber, you're good to go there. Otherwise, you can continue to use it all summer long, but the data will freeze to whatever we have on June 15.
So even though I'm a subscriber and it has the banner asking me to compare plans or buy now, come June 15th I'll still get all the updates?

Edit: Nevermind. After reloading it, that banner is gone now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any luck importing custom draft order from a Yahoo league yet?
hey @Mr McGibblet yahoo don't publish draft owners on their API

When you imported a league you should have been shown a warning about this; go to More => Edit All My Leagues then hit Details => Import Warnings for the league. If you don't have a warning about yahoo draft orders there, please let me know. Thanks!

Major letdown! When I read the release notes the part about importing draft picks and keepers was the best news. Curse you Yahoo!

I have been a long time subscriber and user of the draft dominator.  I just ran the "get latest projections" for the pc version and it looks like it is still using last years projections given that Gurley is RB13.  Am I missing something?  I have checked my scoring setting and nothing seems to be changing.  Thoughts?

I have been a long time subscriber and user of the draft dominator.  I just ran the "get latest projections" for the pc version and it looks like it is still using last years projections given that Gurley is RB13.  Am I missing something?  I have checked my scoring setting and nothing seems to be changing.  Thoughts?
This sounds more like the Classic Draft Dominator than this new version?

In any case: this is an individual support question so please head on over to https://sportsguys.zendesk.com - Mitchell will be glad to lead the charge there to get this problem sorted.

Awesome stuff! Is there going to be a bundle on the Apple Store for the Draft, Trade&Waiver, and Lineup Dominator apps like there was last year?

Shazzam47 said:
Awesome stuff! Is there going to be a bundle on the Apple Store for the Draft, Trade&Waiver, and Lineup Dominator apps like there was last year?
They’ll be at least one bundle; you can buy the Draft Dominator now and upgrade to the bundle later

Thanks Simon.  I'm went through the online version and I'm still looking for two features:

1.  I use old data to create a league specific ADP and my own baselines. Is there a way for me to upload them into the APP?

2.  We use a 3rd Round Flip draft in one league.  I haven't set that league  up yet, but I'm assuming that I can import the draft order into the draft APP without problems?

Thanks! 

Hey @GoBears84 thanks for taking a look !

Custom ADP is not supported here. We have a different solution which is to create rankings profiles for your league or each individual team describing their tendencies. The ADP in the app then adjusts accordingly.

You can setup third round flip draft order from the teams and draft order screen.

Hey @GoBears84 thanks for taking a look !

Custom ADP is not supported here. We have a different solution which is to create rankings profiles for your league or each individual team describing their tendencies. The ADP in the app then adjusts accordingly.
Thanks Simon.  Is there a tutorial somewhere that best describes a technique for understanding and entering tendencies?  ADP is useful because I know owner H is going to go RB, RB, WR, QB almost every year.  I also know that as a league, someone will take Gronk near his ADP every year.  My data shows we hit our 8th round baselines +/- 1 every year.  Understanding how to use that data with your program would be awesome.

Hey all,

The Draft Dominator is released for 2018!

Here are the links:

Online: https://draftdominator.footballguys.com
As someone that uses a traditional OS while at home but travels with a chromebook on the road I can tell you this is a HUGE improvement. I can't be the only one that uses multiple OS's from day to day if not multiple OS's in the same day. This is a huge value add.

Thanks guys

@GoBears84 the best thing to do is probably wait a couple of weeks until @Joe Bryant and I do the extended demo video or watch last year's one on YouTube

The classic DD has it's way of doing things and is of course a fantastic app in it's own right

The way the new one works is in places quite different

So while ADP is not directly editable you can manipulate it and with the new one you can program tendencies on a per team basis rather than ADP for the whole league only

Will there be an option for Dynasty Rankings at any point (either via FBG or being able to import it from elsewhere)? Or will we need to create Rankings Profiles and set them manually?

Looks awesome once again.  Thanks Simon.   Am I understanding that at some point CBS (which both my leagues use) will be able to load all the scoring, lineup, draft rounds, etc automatically?  Even odd things like Rb's get different points depending on TD yardage and how they score, etc?  

hey @RaiderDave99 yes we will support CBS - just setting up the test leagues for that shortly.

Everything the apps support (including different rules per position and per length of TD) will be supported on the import too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be a MFL import this year for the classic draft dominator 
If you go to the main page, click on "Research" and "All Tools" and search through the page you will see the following

"MyFantasyLeague Import Tool - included with your Season Long or All Pro access (coming soon)"

So it is supposed to be coming....i hope soon.  I play in a decent amount of leagues and don't have the time to manually load the rosters of all teams , scoring rules, draft pick order etc into the Classic Draft Dominator.  So i always eagerly await the release of the MFL import every year

I've been testing this with my league settings and have been impressed with the lack of bugs/crashes compared to last season.  :thumbup:

Simon, really love the 2018 version. Easy to understand. I also in the past similar to GoBears84 liked to manipulate the ADP's. I am looking forward to learning how to manipulate the tendencies better.

Where I am looking for assistance is the DD Classic has the GamebyGame function where you could enter your upcoming season schedule along with weekly weights. DD Online only shows weekly scores and season averages. I may have assumed incorrectly all this time, but did the classic DD version look at my opponent's team makeup as well when determining the best player to choose? Is there a way to manipulate DD Online to do the same? Is this something to possibly add in future versions?

I am interested because last season I drafted via the DD Online a strong team but had an actual terrible year because my week to week matchups were brutal. I might have been extremely unlucky but I have wondered all season if it was more likely me not taking my actual schedule into consideration like year's past.

Thanks, Jedi

@Simon Shepherd

When do you expect the tutorials to come out?
I would expect later this month. Sorry I can't be more specific with a date at this time. It's crazy season and right now I'm working on CBS and NFL import; always super tough to know how long those kind of things are going to take.

The league I'm in uses team QB.  Is there any way to incorporate that into the starting lineups?  Thanks.
We don't support team QB at all at the moment, I'm afraid. We'll take a look once all the leagues are in for the year and see how many people use team QBs. If it's above 5% we'll take a look at whether we can support it.

Simon, really love the 2018 version. Easy to understand. I also in the past similar to GoBears84 liked to manipulate the ADP's. I am looking forward to learning how to manipulate the tendencies better.

Where I am looking for assistance is the DD Classic has the GamebyGame function where you could enter your upcoming season schedule along with weekly weights. DD Online only shows weekly scores and season averages. I may have assumed incorrectly all this time, but did the classic DD version look at my opponent's team makeup as well when determining the best player to choose? Is there a way to manipulate DD Online to do the same? Is this something to possibly add in future versions?

I am interested because last season I drafted via the DD Online a strong team but had an actual terrible year because my week to week matchups were brutal. I might have been extremely unlucky but I have wondered all season if it was more likely me not taking my actual schedule into consideration like year's past.

Thanks, Jedi
Thanks Jedi! I don't believe the DD Classic would look at your opponent in those weeks too, but I may be wrong. In any case, you can adjust weekly weights under the wrench icon above the cheat sheet. I'm not sure how much worth there is in analyzing opponent's lineups per week. Even halfway through the draft, a week 8 opponent has probably drafted only about a quarter of the team that'll actually start against you in week 8. I'm just not sure that there's a ton of information there to be basing future draft decisions on. Strength of schedule too is great if we assume it's easily projected, but in reality, in the preseason we can guess who will be the easy/tough matchups but that always changes so quickly based on the first 2-4 weeks of the season.

Thanks, Jedi
@jediknt4444  @Simon ShepherdYes, one of the strengths of CDD was gamebygame.  It took projected points per player, incorporating SOS, and totaled them up for each team by week.  The killer part was that it helped you balance BYE weeks and towards the end of the draft, you could have it look at remaining players by position, taking into account your own weakest weeks.  So if you knew you needed a QB2, GBG would look at the BYE week and 5 toughest weeks of your QB1 and find the QB2 with the highest scores in those weeks.  

@jediknt4444  @Simon ShepherdYes, one of the strengths of CDD was gamebygame.  It took projected points per player, incorporating SOS, and totaled them up for each team by week.  The killer part was that it helped you balance BYE weeks and towards the end of the draft, you could have it look at remaining players by position, taking into account your own weakest weeks.  So if you knew you needed a QB2, GBG would look at the BYE week and 5 toughest weeks of your QB1 and find the QB2 with the highest scores in those weeks.  

The new version is doing similar stuff. You can view your roster by week, dependent on byes and SOS at any time from your roster screen.

You can set weekly weights to adjust accordingly your priorities.

You can look at complementary players on a by-position basis, where the app calculates a custom weekly weights matrix based on the players you already have rostered at that position and ranks the available players at that position accordingly.

We'll be sure to cover this stuff in the video! It could be a long one...

Just downloaded and tried. If I can't import at least be able to set up a "Rookie Draft". Getting very tired of IT people telling me what I want/need
I'm really sorry if I've come across that way. Doing nothing but trying to help you guys here.

I am guessing your issue is a classic Draft Dominator one. This thread is for the new Draft Dominator. There is a specific forum for the classic apps so I'd suggest posting about MFL import in there.

Hi Simon,

Draft Dominator rocks as usual, just one question/suggestion.  I use the Dominator for practice but I draft with the custom cheatsheet it produces.  I'd like to save my custom cheatsheet as a PDF.  I know you can just print it out but it's sorta complicated (and dumb) as to why I want to convert it to a .pdf first.  Is there any way in this version that you can convert the custom cheatsheet to a PDF?  Thank you!

I put in a ticket to Help, but thought I'd also post it here in case anyone is able to help.

"I'd like to change Chandler Jones from a LB to a DE in the App and/or Draft Dominator Online.  How do we do that?  In my MFL league, he's a DE and for what it's worth, he's classified as a DE in the Classic DD."

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi Simon,

Draft Dominator rocks as usual, just one question/suggestion.  I use the Dominator for practice but I draft with the custom cheatsheet it produces.  I'd like to save my custom cheatsheet as a PDF.  I know you can just print it out but it's sorta complicated (and dumb) as to why I want to convert it to a .pdf first.  Is there any way in this version that you can convert the custom cheatsheet to a PDF?  Thank you!
Most browsers allow you to "Save to PDF" from the print window. Try that in chrome perhaps?

I put in a ticket to Help, but thought I'd also post it here in case anyone is able to help.

"I'd like to change Chandler Jones from a LB to a DE in the App and/or Draft Dominator Online.  How do we do that?  In my MFL league, he's a DE and for what it's worth, he's classified as a DE in the Classic DD."

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks, I've updated his position with MFL.

Most browsers allow you to "Save to PDF" from the print window. Try that in chrome perhaps?

Thanks, I've updated his position with MFL.
Hi Simon--For some reason, I'm still not seeing Chandler Jones as a DE in Dominator.  I refreshed the Online Dominator, Synced Settings, Synced Rosters, and it's still not working.  :shrug:

Hi Simon--For some reason, I'm still not seeing Chandler Jones as a DE in Dominator.  I refreshed the Online Dominator, Synced Settings, Synced Rosters, and it's still not working.  :shrug:
We're communicating in two places here. Since you have an active ticket I'm tracking on the help desk, let's keep the discussion there. Thanks.

im trying to import a yahoo league, when i do so i get an error that states “you have already added this account to this leagues provider”. any thoughts on what to do?

Is there a way to adjust the player rankings manually ? I just casually looked at it but could not find the way to adjust players up or down.

Depth Charts - just wondering if anyone has found a better way to access these? Currently i'll sort by position, choose depth chart and then scroll down to the team I'm interested in, but this can be a slow process. I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a better way of doing this?

bolldpt said:
Is there a way to adjust the player rankings manually ? I just casually looked at it but could not find the way to adjust players up or down.
https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007731094

captgus said:
Depth Charts - just wondering if anyone has found a better way to access these? Currently i'll sort by position, choose depth chart and then scroll down to the team I'm interested in, but this can be a slow process. I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a better way of doing this?
You can also filter by team from the funnel icon above the player list instead of scrolling if that's easier. I don't know how else we could make this easier at this point but as always open to suggestions for next year!

I would expect later this month. Sorry I can't be more specific with a date at this time. It's crazy season and right now I'm working on CBS and NFL import; always super tough to know how long those kind of things are going to take.
Not sure why it hasn't been posted, but the new tutorial is out! 43 minutes long - I'll have a go of it soon.

https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007772294-Learn-everything-about-the-app-in-this-full-demo-video-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread