What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
/JAY CUTLER - DON'T CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREEEEEE

Had our company draft for Blazer tickets this week. I had 2nd pick (out of 7).  Pretty good haul, IMO:

Golden State (my first choice, screw the Lakers).
Boston (our CFO always went to the Celtics; his boyhood team.  He gone, I'm going).
Milwaukie (The Greek Freak is the best draw in the NBA, I don't care what anybody says). :wub:
Minnesota (Fros/Tre, I'm holding this +1 ticket open for either one of you). :wub:

Chicago (meh)

Orlando  :X

Had our company draft for Blazer tickets this week. I had 2nd pick (out of 7).  Pretty good haul, IMO:

Boston (our CFO always went to the Celtics; his boyhood team.  He gone, I'm going).
Milwaukie (The Greek Freak is the best draw in the NBA, I don't care what anybody says). :wub:
Minnesota (Fros/Tre, I'm holding this +1 ticket open for either one of you). :wub:

Chicago (meh)

You didn't get the Pistons so this sucks. You should give your tickets to your kids to color on. 

Chicago (meh)

Shoulda gone Orlando since attendance would be lowest and increase chances of getting picked for the trike race

i'm not starting a thread for it - it's not appropriate for FFA and i know from the college mock that putting it in the b-ball thread means losing folks.

anyone object to the Ah Capella league exposing themselves to public ridicule by drafting here?
If I had 100 objections I'd use all of them.  Please don't pollute this thread with fantasy basketball talk.  No one cares about your or their teams.

If I had 100 objections I'd use all of them.  Please don't pollute this thread with fantasy basketball talk.  No one cares about your or their teams.
i feel your pain. however:

1) this is not an invasion, it is an inclusion. this league is the new result of members of this thread clamoring for many months that there should be a league among regular posters in this thread so that our theories & evals be tested in a fantasy format. that is the only reason i put it together & suggested conducting the draft on the thread itself.

2) there are several regular posters on this thread who wont be in the league who have expressed a desire that the slowdraft be posted here so that maximum ridicule of the selections can be exercised.

3) i waited a few hours after your post and your opinion has neither been seconded or "like"d

4) i give you my solemn promise to do everything in my power to ensure this thread does not become an organ of a fantasy league after the draft but remains the arena for fandom of the "real" game of basketball and exercise of group & personal dysfunction that it has always been

we need one more to even out the league @ 14 (max) if i am to include Dr Octupus. Any takers? PM me an email addy if you do.

OK, we got 7. Modogg would make 8. Let's fill this puppy up lickety split. Calling:

@Capella - after all, the frikkin league's named after you

@Gr00vus

@msudaisy26

@Long Ball Larry

@tommyGunZ

@Frostillicus

@DJackson10

@Juxtatarot

@nirad3

@TobiasFunke

@Encyclopedia Brown

@Stuart Ullman

@thecatch

@General Malaise

@ anybody. PM me an email addy for an invite
I'm in if you are still looking and its free right? I just started FF Basketball like 2 or so yrs ago so still fairly new. 

I’m in the pool for up to $100. Anything more than that and I demand the purity of 8-cat roto, but for small stakes I’m fine with 9-cat H2H. Default rosters sound good too.

Chicago (meh)

Weren't you just complaining this past season about the crowd during Golden State games?

so the kings are actually going to play McLemore?

and what the hell is with Harry Giles' hair?

they showed a graphic that Lebron is 11th all-time in assists.  Looking at the leaderboard, it is conceivable that he could get to 3rd all-time.  Also surprised to see Rod Strickland at number 12.  That dude got around.  I kind of forgot about that.  Same with Andre Miller, though I knew that.

anyone needs more kings' preseason insights, sign up for my newsletter.

guaranteed to make em jump like rod strickland.

so the kings are actually going to play McLemore?

and what the hell is with Harry Giles' hair?

they showed a graphic that Lebron is 11th all-time in assists.  Looking at the leaderboard, it is conceivable that he could get to 3rd all-time.  Also surprised to see Rod Strickland at number 12.  That dude got around.  I kind of forgot about that.  Same with Andre Miller, though I knew that.

anyone needs more kings' preseason insights, sign up for my newsletter.

guaranteed to make em jump like rod strickland.
I’ll not be tolerating any Harry Giles slander. 

Good Posting Judge said:
Happy to announce that flranger is joining me as co-owner. :hifive:
Oh! I'm not in because I can't draft because I'm out of town the next two weeks, but does anyone want a co-owner?  I will gladly take credit for anything good and blame you for anything bad.  

So first round picks. 

@Good Posting Judge = Mario Hezonja

@Capella = Biyambo

@TobiasFunke = Gortat

@Jayrod = Brad Stevens 

@wikkidpissah = the bad Isaiah Thomas

@modogg = anyone on the 76ers, but probably Fultz

@Frostillicus = anyone not named Butler, but probably Curry

@EYLive = someone one the Clippers... wait do they have a team anymore?

@tommyGunZ = Lonzo Ball... Championship!!!

@tjnc09 = Cousins

@General Malaise someone on the Blazers that doesn't have kids. 

@Gr00vus = KCP

@Abraham = ESPN trade machine

@sports_fan = Latrell Spreewell because he is always late

@SWC = the bank

@msudaisy26 = Dwight Howard because I always root for losers. 

wikkidpissah said:
4) i give you my solemn promise to do everything in my power to ensure this thread does not become an organ of a fantasy league after the draft but remains the arena for fandom of the "real" game of basketball and exercise of group & personal dysfunction that it has always been
I'm good.  It will probably make the first couple months a little more interesting.  But come Christmas I just hope the fantasy talk doesn't take over the NBA talk.  This is my favorite thread on any message board.  Y'all enjoy yourself.

he's lying. it did and he started calling everyone he could think of.  he was starting to get very depressed so he went to the Kiev and ate breakfast.  Then, as he walked down 2nd avenue towards St. mark's place, where all those people sell used books and other junk on the street, he saw it lying on a blanket.  Next to a toaster oven.  some guy was selling it.  He had to buy it off him.

well, i'm anxious to get this started. DJax & Doc Oc have yet to respond to the invites i sent last nite, but they wouldnt have sent me their addy's if they didnt want in and i'll have the forum pick for them if they're slow. someone impartial plz randomize:

@Spartans Rule

@Wu-banger

@Long Ball Larry

@Moe.

@bananafish

@Jayrod

@wikkidpissah

@DJackson10

@Dr. Octopus

@modogg

@TobiasFunke

@Good Posting Judge

@Bob Loblaw

@Juxtatarot
I signed up just now - Reluctant Prophets.

wikkidpissah said:
i feel your pain. however:

1) this is not an invasion, it is an inclusion. this league is the new result of members of this thread clamoring for many months that there should be a league among regular posters in this thread so that our theories & evals be tested in a fantasy format. that is the only reason i put it together & suggested conducting the draft on the thread itself.

2) there are several regular posters on this thread who wont be in the league who have expressed a desire that the slowdraft be posted here so that maximum ridicule of the selections can be exercised.

3) i waited a few hours after your post and your opinion has neither been seconded or "like"d

we need one more to even out the league @ 14 (max) if i am to include Dr Octupus. Any takers? PM me an email addy if you do.
Maybe after the draft there can be a master thread for league discussions in the basketball forum so this thread does not get cluttered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread