What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Malaise said:
Neat game, Ricky Rubio. 
He looked real bad - barely getting rim on jumpers, missed open layups, etc. I suspect it was a case of him not taking this particular opponent seriously more than a signal of long term problems, though. 

@thecatch  I was surprised to see Bagley only got 12 minutes.  What do you think is the plan for him?
I have a pile of kings in roto, sadly, I am not understanding their use of Ferrell, shumpert and Jackson.  just play hield alongside fox, cauley-flower can clog the middle, then use bjelica, with bagley and giles and even skal at the 3-4-5.  giles' 2/1 was likely due to his having to deal with gobert for a bit.  you got bagley at 2, use him.  just admit you made a boo boo with yogi.

@thecatch  I was surprised to see Bagley only got 12 minutes.  What do you think is the plan for him?
Cauley-Stein, Bjelica, Giles, Bagley, and Justin Jackson (for reasons not clear to me) are all fighting for minutes at the 4/5, so Bagley’s going to have to earn time. He scored well a couple times in isolation but got caught ball watching on defense a few times, which probably got him benched. We’ll see. WCS probably won’t play as well as he did last night consistently, which will open up some time.  

I have a pile of kings in roto, sadly, I am not understanding their use of Ferrell, shumpert and Jackson.  just play hield alongside fox, cauley-flower can clog the middle, then use bjelica, with bagley and giles and even skal at the 3-4-5.  giles' 2/1 was likely due to his having to deal with gobert for a bit.  you got bagley at 2, use him.  just admit you made a boo boo with yogi.
Yogi played well defensively, and Shumpert is a bit of a necessary evil given that they have no wings (particularly with Bogdan out). Jackson hasn’t done anything to earn 30 mins so that was the real head-scratcher. 

SWC said:
its spelled anteaternintendo take that to the bank bromigos 
Secured my tickets to the Bucks/Blazers game Nov. 6th, brochacho.  I'm holding that ticket open for the great SWC if he can somehow make it west for an epic evening.  

Bucks were my 2nd round pick in the season ticket draft.  A real treat watching Giannis in person. 

• Love
Reactions: SWC
bulls sure are bad on defense.
or are the Sixers so good on offense ?‍♂️?

it is nice seeing them not coming back from China and not playing on the road. hope to gain some momentum with some of these games here and really seeing what kind of team this is in a few weeks/month

What a bad trade that was. 

Fultz looks uninterested out there. 
Boom goes the Dynamite:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaQapj29VGk

I mean the kid is 19 still (might have turned 20, really haven't kept that close of an eye). Looked a little more comfortable today. Hopefully him and everyone else on the team can forget that he was 1st overall pick and let the kid grow into a career. it is nice to see him just shooting and not looking like he is getting tazed at the same time. I don't think any 76ers fan is going to be bragging about the kid, just happy if he can improve bit by bit

Boom goes the dynamite? He scored like 12 points. 
pretty sure the fanbase is happy with anything over 5 at this point if they at least involve a jump shot. I don't see that lasting for the entire season, but after watching the 3rd overall pick in Okafor rot away for years when everybody knew he wasn't going to be any kind of consistent player, it is nice to see that at the least we can trade him for anything if need be. 

Also good if that trade with this year's Sac pick could stop bleeding. think most 6ers fans see that trade was a net loss for the 6ers, but if we can get anything of value it won't be a total kick in the nuts

Really have credit for Nets' fans who were able to stick out the last 6 years after the realization of that trade with the Celtics sank in. Okafor hurt and Fultz stings too, but man Billy King (not sure if he gets all the blame, but who else) impacted that franchise more than any couple of players i can think of

pretty sure the fanbase is happy with anything over 5 at this point if they at least involve a jump shot. I don't see that lasting for the entire season, but after watching the 3rd overall pick in Okafor rot away for years when everybody knew he wasn't going to be any kind of consistent player, it is nice to see that at the least we can trade him for anything if need be. 

Also good if that trade with this year's Sac pick could stop bleeding. think most 6ers fans see that trade was a net loss for the 6ers, but if we can get anything of value it won't be a total kick in the nuts

Really have credit for Nets' fans who were able to stick out the last 6 years after the realization of that trade with the Celtics sank in. Okafor hurt and Fultz stings too, but man Billy King (not sure if he gets all the blame, but who else) impacted that franchise more than any couple of players i can think of
Pretty great work by Colangelo.

Pretty sad that you have to go all the way down to Billy King's Nets deals in order to feel better about that trade.  Colangelo really did a lot of damage to this franchise in what amounted to essentially a cup of coffee as the team's GM.

Took our (Raptors) owners over 6 years to get out of the smoke and mirrors trance he put them in and finally turf the guy.  Idiot spent all of our assets and cap space in a futile effort to resign Chris Bosh and convince everyone that drafting Andrea Bargnani #1 overall was not a mistake.   There's no doubt in my mind he would be trying to pull the same kind of crap around Fultz.  You should consider this summer's Twitter scandal a gift from the Gods.

i for one am a fan of it. I will be happy to fade the Lakers for awhile and hope that the Steven A. SMith's of the world can keep hyping this team so the lines are welcoming
I think ultimately their team is going to gel in somewhat-optimal fashion. Lebron's still too big of a force, and too f'ing smart basketball-wise to not affect changes for the team he plays for.

He should have the ball in his hands a lot of the time. I know he was trying to play off the ball more this year, Lebron off the ball is stupid.

I think ultimately their team is going to gel in somewhat-optimal fashion. Lebron's still too big of a force, and too f'ing smart basketball-wise to not affect changes for the team he plays for.

He should have the ball in his hands a lot of the time. I know he was trying to play off the ball more this year, Lebron off the ball is stupid.
Should have come to Orlando.

Haven't lost all season.

Hitting Modern Times early today?  

I'll take LA +3.5 for a friendly twenty spot.  
Damn, sorry I missed this.  Woulda been eeeeeeeeezy (more) money for me.  

Blazers trounced even with horrendous officiating.  

Maybe LeBron can teach his team how to shoot a 3.....lol

Just watched a tape delay of the Bulls game before reading the forum. I'm going to see what I guessed right.

First half was amazing. But we all know any team cant shoot like that for a season. Second half they came back to earth.

Lavine is a plus. Parker is a double negative. Guy will be out of the league in 2 years. 

Promising for Chicago. Fultz is a trainwreck.

An 8:20 pm tip followed by a three hour long foul-fest loss to a mediocre team on the tail end of a road back to back and missing three of its better players, decided on an open putback by recent Game 7 villain Kelly Olynyk because Markieff Morris was too lazy to box out with two seconds left and his team leading by 1, after which I had to wait on the subway platform for a half-hour because the trains weren't running?

[*inhales deeply*] Oh yeah, that's the good stuff. God, how I missed Wizards basketball.

dont take this the wrong way la guys because i mean it in the nicest way possible but i hope the lakers get sold and moved to seattle and that seattle refuses ancient egypt style to even acknowledge that kobme bryant ever existed and goes out of there way to erase him from the history of the organization even just putting smiley faces over him in media guide pictures and stuff and that la has to live with the clippers forever take that to the bank brochachos 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread