What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny to see Harden go 9/26 from the field and lose by 14 to the East's best team.  Business as usual I suppose when he disappears against the elite teams.  Putting up those type of numbers in 38 minutes is pretty sad.
Almost hit a triple double (23/10/7) on an off night for him and the team.  Keep reaching little fella. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny to see Harden go 9/26 from the field and lose by 14 to the East's best team.  Business as usual I suppose when he disappears against the elite teams.  Putting up those type of numbers in 38 minutes is pretty sad.
Yep, not a great showing. 

Almost hit a triple double (23/10/7) on an off night for him and the team.  Keep reaching little fella. 
Terrible shooting, passes right to the other team, and the Rockets suffered a double digit loss.  

BUT HE ALMOST HAD A TRIPLE DOUBLE :lmao:   I definitely won't read anything funnier than that today.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Pretty decent chance that the Nets and Heat will be playing the last game of the season (in Brooklyn) for a spot in the playoffs.  Right now, tickets to that game are pretty cheap.  Anybody know whether prices are likely to skyrocket if a playoff spot is on the line?

Pretty decent chance that the Nets and Heat will be playing the last game of the season (in Brooklyn) for a spot in the playoffs.  Right now, tickets to that game are pretty cheap.  Anybody know whether prices are likely to skyrocket if a playoff spot is on the line?
Pretty sure tickets to a nets game would only skyrocket if jay z and beyonce were performing during halftime.

Yeah I was wondering about that.  He and Hill were both so exagerrated and even behind him many times.  Was that also to minimize the pick and roll game?
More to minimize the step back 3 (and hopefully fouls).  Basically, take something off the table and have the other defenders play with that in mind.  The Bucks did this same thing in the earlier meeting against Houston.  Having a defensive player of Bledsoe's quality helps as well.  That guy is a bulldog and his ability to get around picks is outstanding.

More to minimize the step back 3 (and hopefully fouls).  Basically, take something off the table and have the other defenders play with that in mind.  The Bucks did this same thing in the earlier meeting against Houston.  Having a defensive player of Bledsoe's quality helps as well.  That guy is a bulldog and his ability to get around picks is outstanding.
https://www.twitter.com/crumpledjumper/status/1110949151951327232

https://www.twitter.com/halfcourthoops/status/1110778890644082688

Harden isn't as good going right and is also predictable in where he passes.  Stuff like that will always get exposed by smart teams.

Harden isn't as good going right and is also predictable in where he passes.  Stuff like that will always get exposed by smart teams.
Yup, absolutely.  Teams that don't make it difficult for Harden to go left are doing themselves a huge disservice.  Under Jason Kidd the Bucks did all kinds of dumb crap on defense (and equally inefficient stuff on offense).

Watch enough games around the league and you see it a lot.  It's tough to separate poor coaching, defensive player skills, and/or an inability to translate the scouting report to the court though.  It's one thing to keep Steph Curry or Klay Thompson off the 3pt line, but teams have to be able to limit mediocre offensive players from executing a pet move over and over (like allowing a player to post and go over his preferred shoulder all game, etc).

Even knowing minor things like a knock-down shooter like JJ Redick being deadly from left corner 3's but being human from the right...teams just have to execute the game plan around the court.  That's what makes the NBA playoffs so fun to watch.  Some players can tear up regular season games, but once the opposition is locked in and focused on limiting their strengths they're just not as good.  James Harden has (kind of, by his crazy high standards at least) been one of those players.  Even within a single series his numbers in games 1 & 2 tend to be much better than they are late.  Just food for thought, not trying to bash the guy because he's a beast.

I'm a Rockets fan but fairly certain Giannis will take the MVP.  I don't think Harden winning it last year helps his cause.  

edit:  if you're fairly certain on Harden winning, you should put some bets down in Vegas.  Giannis is currently listed as a -300 favorite at Caesars with Harden coming in at +225.
Shoot, I didn't see that.  I saw -110 for GIannis and +125 for Harden.  

I hope Giannis wins.  He's spectacular and a lot of fun to watch.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
He's about to win his second MVP award and it isn't because of his defensive skills or lack thereof.  I'm reminded of the reporter who pointed out to Bum Phillips that Earl Campbell didn't finish his one mile run in training camp and Bum shot back "Well, when it's first and a mile, we won't hand it to him".  Harden isn't being counted on for defense.  That not why he here.  

Damian Lillard sucks at defense too and I don't see the haters trashing him like they do Harden. 

It's VERY hard to be that prolific on offense AND play tough D on the other end. 

While not even in the same stratosphere as these dudes, I play basketball twice a week. I always have to cover the best player on the other team. One of the guys I go up against is so good offensively that I have to put everything I have into defending him and more importantly, denying him the ball. This is frustrating because I can beat him to the hole every time but if I miss or he fast breaks, he's gone the other way. 

Russell Westbrook averaged a triple double per game for two seasons and the Thunder lost in the first round (3-8 record) of the playoffs both years.  Seems like a great measure of one's success 🤣

Just locked in my first two ignores ever.  Looooong overdue.  I'm already enjoying this thread more and I haven't even yielded the feature's benefits yet.  :hifive:   

Apologies in advance to two of you should you decide to respond to this post...    :banned:

quick update bucks beat the los angeles clips last night and anteaternintendo had a nice game with good rebounds and assists and shooting percentage and points and also played great d while a stiff wind blew poopbeard over and a waitress at ihop thought he was a pancake because he was so floppy take that to the bank bromigos 

kudos for giving a guy two years when any other stadium probably bans him for life take that to the hot take bank brohans 
the whole thing is so strange. I haven't traveled to many other NBA arenas, but I am pretty confident that if some one dropped the "N" word loud enough for an NBA player on the court to hear them, that security guards wouldn't be needed to address. I would imagine fans would be on the guy/gal in less than 30 seconds and would end it quickly. Just strange that it exists in some areas, where others I can't even imagine it

kudos for giving a guy two years when any other stadium probably bans him for life take that to the hot take bank brohans 
the whole thing is so strange. I haven't traveled to many other NBA arenas, but I am pretty confident that if some one dropped the "N" word loud enough for an NBA player on the court to hear them, that security guards wouldn't be needed to address. I would imagine fans would be on the guy/gal in less than 30 seconds and would end it quickly. Just strange that it exists in some areas, where others I can't even imagine it
i think the crowd would be on them here in milwaukee and then the security would be shortly behind and the guy would be gone and gone forever and milwaukee has a pretty lousy past when it comes to race relations itself i am just sayin its crazy that the guy ever gets his card back to me but what do i know take that to the bank brohan 

average NBA player runs about 2.5 miles per game.

under Kidd, Bucks players running 9.3 miles per game just on defense because of the frantic switching.
You run less when you switch.
thats if you switch when a pick comes kidd had them switching to opposite corners just cause and to allegedly create confusion one of his plays actually had brandon jennings switching with a hotdog vendor in the upper deck of the stands that is mostly why it got to 9 miles plus take that to the bank brohans 

It's VERY hard to be that prolific on offense AND play tough D on the other end. 

While not even in the same stratosphere as these dudes, I play basketball twice a week. I always have to cover the best player on the other team. One of the guys I go up against is so good offensively that I have to put everything I have into defending him and more importantly, denying him the ball. This is frustrating because I can beat him to the hole every time but if I miss or he fast breaks, he's gone the other way. 
hey, don't put yourself down

Could be the Magic / Hornets who are playing for the last spot in the last game of the season.

i was watching a dumb youtube video last night that had all the "fights" from this NBA season. Made me itch to see a Detroit-Philly 1st round match-up. would be fun for everyone. 

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  A Rockets fan telling me I'm holding Ls?  You mean like when your team choked away games 6 and 7 against the Warriors last year?  
Pretty sure we're in 2019 but if you must live in past years, I'll play along.  Golden State is lucky CP3 got hurt early in Game 6 or the Rockets would've won their third NBA championship. 

Pretty sure we're in 2019 but if you must live in past years, I'll play along.  Golden State is lucky CP3 got hurt early in Game 6 or the Rockets would've won their third NBA championship. 
:lmao:  yep, more proof Harden is a nobody.  

Now the reigning MVP is a nobody.  That gave me a laugh.  Carry on with the trolling.  It's amusing at times.  
Wait, bringing up his choke job in the playoffs is living in the past, but calling him the reigning MVP isn't? 

Nothing will ever be amusing as someone defending a player who has never won anything. 👍

Wait, bringing up his choke job in the playoffs is living in the past, but calling him the reigning MVP isn't? 

Nothing will ever be amusing as someone defending a player who has never won anything. 👍
Just playing along with your argument but 65 wins in a season is far from someone "who has never won anything".  Take care little bruises.  

Dang, hitting playoff mode a little early fellas.

Let's tone down the rhetoric, name calling and trolling please OK thanks bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread