What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIxers storming their way to the playoffs starting tonight!!! 4th quarter Miami - 95, SIxers - 60.  I get taking a night easy, but really down by 35 points, and only scoring 60?

Woj says the whole staff will be fired right after the last game. 
This tweet?

Lakers coaching staff fully expected to be fired in hours after the final game of the season. They had believed they were gone for months. Now? Magic quits in public, saying he's too scared to tell Jeanie Buss face-to-face. What an embarrassing episode for a historic franchise.

This tweet?

Lakers coaching staff fully expected to be fired in hours after the final game of the season. They had believed they were gone for months. Now? Magic quits in public, saying he's too scared to tell Jeanie Buss face-to-face. What an embarrassing episode for a historic franchise.
Am I misreading?

I still think the Sixers front office takes the cake with embarrassing front office with Colangelo and his burner accounts last year, but this whole thing is right on it's heels to surpassing it. I guess the difference is the Sixers cut bait from the whole thing and survived it. 

This tweet?

This has been a fantastic season. 

The scary part is Buss wanting to keep Magic. Anyone not named Magic Johnson gets #### canned after the Russell/Randle blunders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great comeback by OKC tonight.  The Rockets had a big lead and the #2 seed with a win, but came up short.  Paul George has gone from below average in the clutch to a money player this season.

Now Houston may end up having to deal with the Thunder in a 3/6 matchup pending games tomorrow night.  If that happens it can't be the matchup Houston wanted.

Great comeback by OKC tonight.  The Rockets had a big lead and the #2 seed with a win, but came up short.  Paul George has gone from below average in the clutch to a money player this season.

Now Houston may end up having to deal with the Thunder in a 3/6 matchup pending games tomorrow night.  If that happens it can't be the matchup Houston wanted.
Tough loss for the Rockets.  And you're right, as a Houston fan I don't want to face OKC in the first.  If that happens, it will be a bloody first round.  

I think it's well past time that Jeanie Buss caught some criticism. For some reason she's been immune to it so far. Maybe it has something to do with her buddy-buddy relationship with the media or respect for her dad's memory but that's just speculation on my part. 

The team's been a disaster since she took over. Zero winning seasons, 3 head coaches (probably soon to be 4), zero All-stars outside of Kobe and LeBron whom she inherited and/or lucked into, and now on her 3rd GM. It rivals the futility of any other team but she gets a pass. 

I live in LakerLand and I hardly hear her name ever brought up, except in relation to how her hires have let her down and how brave she was to fire her brother. I don't get it. 

Perhaps my opinion of Jeanie is colored by my memory of the Chris Cohan years in Oakland. I don't remember a single year he wasn't hated (I'm sure there was some sort of honeymoon period, however short), and he was booed every time he stepped on the court (which was almost never). 

Why she gets a pass is beyond me. Maybe it will change after this latest debacle, but I doubt it. 
Magic/Pelinka is the first management team she's hired herself. Her dad stuck her with Jimmy and Kupchak who made all the personnel decisions prior to her getting rid of them, including the coaches for the most part - including Walton. That's why she's gotten a pass so far. I wold have figured you knew/remembered that. Anyway, if her next regime doesn't work out, I'm sure she'll start taking more flack.

Ultimately though, what good does blaming an owner do? Unless they're racist, they ain't selling the team. Yea it might make you feel better to rip them but its not changing anything.

just read his rambling exit speech .  thats a pretty terrible one year run .

i guess the best thing he did was get out after one year

Tough loss for the Rockets.  And you're right, as a Houston fan I don't want to face OKC in the first.  If that happens, it will be a bloody first round.  
I think the most likely scenario now is Denver 2, Portland 3, Houston 4.  Denver needs to win tonight at home against Minnesota and Portland at home against Sacramento for this to happen.  

Magic just looked terrible in his exit speech. Says reason he's leaving is to be able to help others.....then starts throwing cheap shots at Walton :lmao:  "Now he can stay"

Buss can trust him and is loyal.......but he didn't have the decency to tell her the day before during a "3 hour meeting. Instead wasting everyone's time. Instead going to the media first to announce his intention. 60 year old president couldn't muster up the courage to simply say "Im leaving".  Ok dude....

wow when a guy like magic is running your organization its an inditement of what a crap show youve become take that to the bank bromigos 

Crazy six West seeds and two East seeds are still undecided.  Three East teams fighting for those last two spots including Charlotte that has to play Orlando (Orlando wants to win to secure the 7th seed I assume).

Houston-GS in the second round could get interesting if Curry misses that much time, but doesn't sound like his ankle turn is significant 

The Western Conference is bonkers and is only going to be crazier next year. The 8th seed this year will have 47-48 wins, and that team (assuming it remains the Clippers) is the odds on favorite to add a top 5-7 player in the offseason in free agency. Among non playoff teams, the Mavs are getting Porzingis next year and have max cap space, as do the Lakers and the Kings. This should be an interesting summer. 

Crowd went nuts as DWade got his 5th career triple double in his career finale.  :thumbup:  Sounds like a Miami home game in Barclays.
James, Paul and Melo were courtside for Wade's finale. They also jumped from their seats when Wade got his 10th assist on a 18 footer by Haslem who might also retire. Lots of love for both Dwayne and Dirk by NBA fans. 

There are no cupcakes in the West.  Only team without a chance in the first round is the Clips.  Everyone else has either the talent (or Popovich) to get past their opening matchup. 

So the Blazers are sitting starters which will likely land them the 4 seed, giving them the worst 1st and (potentially) 2nd round matchup. Is this all a big #### you to the Nuggets for sitting starters against them two games ago?

I’ve really enjoyed Anthony Davis to date.  Wearing the “That’s All Folks!” t-shirt to their final game last night is such an unbelievable dickish heel turn.  Because of that, I now hope the Pels say “#### it let’s play dirty” and make him sit on the pine on their team for the entirety of next season.  If I were a Pels fan, I’d sacrifice Jason Tatum and some middling assets or a bunch of losers from the Lakers to make AD suffer for another calendar year.  And I’d commit to buying season tickets when he was gone.  

I’ve really enjoyed Anthony Davis to date.  Wearing the “That’s All Folks!” t-shirt to their final game last night is such an unbelievable dickish heel turn.  Because of that, I now hope the Pels say “#### it let’s play dirty” and make him sit on the pine on their team for the entirety of next season.  If I were a Pels fan, I’d sacrifice Jason Tatum and some middling assets or a bunch of losers from the Lakers to make AD suffer for another calendar year.  And I’d commit to buying season tickets when he was gone.  
I love his excuse that he didn't realize what it said. Someone put his clothes out for him.

I guess they'd rather play Utah than OKC?  That's all I can figure since they went 0-4 against the Thunder, but 2-3 against the Jazz.  I'd still rather have the 3 seed, though. 
Perhaps... I would assume avoiding Golden State for as long as possible would be the priority.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread