What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to the CHA-DET game yesterday with my 9yo son, top notch seats a few rows off the court, expecting to see the Pistons clinch a playoff spot.  what a disappointment.  Blake can hardly run on his bum knee and our trio of 'shooters' Kennard/Ellington/Galloway can't shoot straight.  the defense was pitiful in the 1st half, embarrassingly bad.  not sure we can beat MEM or NYK to make the playoffs.  
Seems like they've gotten things figured out and are ready for a deep playoff run.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Gobert so out of sync on the defensive end over the span of an entire game.   He's either stepping up way too early to defend against the penetration of Harden and the Rockets guards and allowing them to dump off to guys like Faried and Capella --or he's committing way to late and giving up layups.  Will be interesting to see what tweeks Quin Snyder makes between game 1 and 2 to get this defensive timing better.   

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Gobert so out of sync on the defensive end over the span of an entire game.   He's either stepping up way too early to defend against the penetration of Harden and the Rockets guards and allowing them to dump off to guys like Faried and Capella --or he's committing way to late and giving up layups.  Will be interesting to see what tweeks Quin Snyder makes between game 1 and 2 to get this defensive timing better.   
I was falling in and out of sleep during the game, but I distinctly remember thinking "WTF?!?" about Gobert's defense on several of Harden's drives.  He looked lost at times which is uncharacteristic of him.  And it looked like their strategy was to force Harden to drive, so he shouldn't have been surprised. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Simmons really told phila fans not to boo? If they lose in the first, they need to try to move him before he just leaves for the lakers. Not sure what you can get though — need a real pg who can shoot and play with Embiid and Butler. Not panic mode here, but I can see this getting ugly and I personally would rather sign butler and harris to whatever and build around them and embiid if simmons is going to be soft and never learn to shoot. 
hoping the Sixers mgmt sees Ben little differently. 

Jeez not a single post about that Clips win last night?  Internet is filled with "GS blew another 3-1 lead" jokes.

How much will Boogie be worth on the free agent market?  Maybe something like 2/$20 with a team option for the second year?  Seems too risky to offer much more. 

How much will Boogie be worth on the free agent market?  Maybe something like 2/$20 with a team option for the second year?  Seems too risky to offer much more. 
Good question.

Seems like you'd need a team that has a big need in the frontcourt, has a lot of money coming off the books over the next two seasons, and for whom a risky move is actually preferable to playing it safe and ending up in the same back end of the lottery spot again. Probably would also help if that team had some players on the roster that Boogie knows and trusts so both sides would be more comfortable. Maybe someone who played with him in college or something.

Good question.

Seems like you'd need a team that has a big need in the frontcourt, has a lot of money coming off the books over the next two seasons, and for whom a risky move is actually preferable to playing it safe and ending up in the same back end of the lottery spot again. Probably would also help if that team had some players on the roster that Boogie knows and trusts so both sides would be more comfortable. Maybe someone who played with him in college or something.
Well played.

Another good spot would be a franchise with a dominant franchise player who Boogie respects.  A non-playoff team who is perhaps just a player or two away from being a Finals contender if they could add Boogie and another piece.  Maybe a city where a single guy like Boogie could bang world class models on the side 5 days a week.    

I'm probably wrong.  As an armchair GM, I get very frugal and conservative.  
i don't know if it's wrong.  his market was severely depressed last year.  supposedly the pels had offered 2/40 at one point, I believe, but he waited and then they pulled it.  now coming off of a second big injury, why would it be any higher than what he got last year.

I think the dollar value might be a bit higher but that’s generally about right.  Would the Warriors even want to bring him back on the same type of deal he signed this year? Seems like they would be better off spending that money on a wing, especially if Durant leaves. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread