What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Griffin called Cousins to LAL earlier FWIW. 
just head about this from an interview he did on Sirius. He said they would sign Demarcus and one of PG, LBJ and Kawhi. who knows what this guy says and how true it is, but seems he doesn't want to be Sixers GM with how much of a chatty Cathy he is. 

Would be fun, i don't think Demarcus would take too kindly to the "diss tracks" from Kuz or Lonzo. i think Boogie will be had for a bargain this year to be honest, he looked pretty good before the injury. maybe he needs a place with the bright lights like LA

how good is his kid? i have heard the discussions about him, but is he a legit prospect? 
My fix the draft comment was a joke. No idea if he will be good enough for the #1 pick down the line. Obviously there is a hype train building around him. The most important part though is that Lebron has publically commented on playing in the league at the same time and on the same team. He thinks his son is on the right path. I think he shoots for one more long contract this year or next (more likely next), without jeopardizing his chances to win now, with his son in the back of his mind as a potential end goal. 

The Warriors will supposedly talk to DeAndre Jordan. I'm sure he can't wait to take their maximum offer of $5M. He and Durant are friends after all.
The internet and this thread would explode if he did that. It would be crazy to see how many people would just complain about the NBA being rigged and the "I told you guys, the Warriors would win all the titles easily"

I would be over the moon, kind of the opposite of Dwight Howard. He's just like JaVale McGee, but good. 

On a different note, I just read that the Lakers have the second-best odds to win the championship next year. Now, before any signings or trades have even happened. That's a pretty good sign for Lakers fans if you ask me. 
That’s obviously oddsmakers accounting for speculation about what their team will look like when the season starts. They’re the heavy favourites to land LeBron so that’s baked in to the odds. The team as presently constructed isn’t likely to make the playoffs.

Bill Simmons is saying that Kawhi went through seven or eight “second opinion” doctors before he found one that would tell him what he wanted to hear. Only possibilities that I can see are that he was looking for an excuse to shut it down for the season and get traded, or he’s damaged goods and has a long-term or degenerative condition that will require him to deal with pain for the rest of his career. Either way, buyer beware...

My guess is the Spurs know he’s in denial about his injury and are refusing to pay him the supermax, and here we are.

Last edited by a moderator:
The latter is what I've questioned all along. I just don't see how Lebron fits them with Simmons there already. Two very similar skillsets but Lebron is the way better shooter at this point. I've thought all along they were better off going with Leonard and getting another piece somehow. 
I think they can “fit” I just think that the better team overall keeps the other pieces Philly has. Simmons value is super high and could possibly get Leonard alone. 

Bill Simmons is saying that Kawhi went through seven or eight “second opinion” doctors before he found one that would tell him what he wanted to hear. Only possibilities that I can see are that he was looking for an excuse to shut it down for the season and get traded, or he’s damaged goods and has a long-term or degenerative condition that will require him to deal with pain for the rest of his career. Either way, buyer beware...

My guess is the Spurs know he’s in denial about his injury and are refusing to pay him the supermax, and here we are.
Wasn’t the Spurs position that there was nothing wrong so he should have played 60 games?

Wasn’t the Spurs position that there was nothing wrong so he should have played 60 games?
My understanding is they said it was something he would need to play through and get used to managing the pain. Kawhi’s “second” opinion was that he could rehab it and be back to his old self.

i don't know the answer, but given that Simmons said it, my guess is that Kawhi talked to 1 other doctor and DJackson's co-worker's son and then got the diagnosis he wanted.

i have never understood the "Lebron is returning to Cle" this year. he actively is doing everything to avoid them and have to see them. that certainly doesn't sound like a healthy relationship

Kobe was indeed a better player than LeBron back in the ‘aughts.  LeBron has since surpassed him, and everyone else in the history of the league.  

Make no mistake, LeBron is jumping on the bandwagon I’ve been riding on since the early 80s, not the other way around.  
Oh ffs. Lebron is dragging our bandwagon out of a deep ditch. Be a little more gracious.

Oh My GOD!!!! Lebron just landed in LA!!!!!!!   Hopefully these websites can let us know when he takes a piss too!!!!!!  

Doesn’t Lebron live in La? Not saying he won’t sign there but people are being a little presumptuous   
To date, they haven't technically resided here (per state tax laws). They've used the first home in the summers, and the other purchased for 23 million, is undergoing an additional 10 million in additions and renovations. No one has lived there yet.

Over the last week I love how the LA guys think he'll sign in LA.  The Cleveland guys think he'll stay in Cleveland.  And the 76ers fans think he'd would be foolish to go anywhere other than Philly.
i think if we are talking from a pure basketball sense, Philly would be significantly above LA and Cle. but if all of the stuff out there is true, it seems basketball is only 33% influencing his decision. So we all wait and see

Lakers waive Thomas Bryant, 2nd rounder from last year who was 1st team all G league as a 20 year old rookie.  I can’t imagine why they would do that unless they had assurances that his small cap hold number was indeed needed.  

i think if we are talking from a pure basketball sense, Philly would be significantly above LA and Cle. but if all of the stuff out there is true, it seems basketball is only 33% influencing his decision. So we all wait and see
Didn't Cleveland just make the finals?

Outside of Orlando and Atlanta LeBron would take any Eastern team to the ecf. 

I certainly think Boston might be the best team now. 

Didn't Cleveland just make the finals?

Outside of Orlando and Atlanta LeBron would take any Eastern team to the ecf. 

I certainly think Boston might be the best team now. 
as much as i hate to say it, it is definitely hard to argue against Boston. But the Sixers team is hard to truly judge cause they are so young and an unfinished project. if it was 2-3 years from now it could be this simple, but the reason they lost in the playoffs looked to be a majoirity of inexperience, not a lack of talent. 

Lakers waive Thomas Bryant, 2nd rounder from last year who was 1st team all G league as a 20 year old rookie.  I can’t imagine why they would do that unless they had assurances that his small cap hold number was indeed needed.  
His guarantee date was July 5.  They could easily decide to waive him after the top free agents verbally committed if they wanted to.  The most logical conclusion is they wanted to waive him regardless of what happens in free agency.

as much as i hate to say it, it is definitely hard to argue against Boston. But the Sixers team is hard to truly judge cause they are so young and an unfinished project. if it was 2-3 years from now it could be this simple, but the reason they lost in the playoffs looked to be a majoirity of inexperience, not a lack of talent. 
Yeah nobody is doubting the potential of Philly.

LeBron will sign a 1+1 and Philly isn't the right call this year. Next season? Maybe. 

Need to sign Mario Hezonja

saying he won’t sign there but people are being a little presumptuous   
Also, as far as I've heard, his plan all along has been to hear the pitches from all the teams who want to sign him while he's in L.A. - they're traveling to meet him or calling him, AFIK. He's not doing the world tour thing again.

I think I'd rather have kept him that Zubac, but maybe that shoe drops next.

ehh, i don't think we will have a circus around it. you would think Lebron will come to Philly, same as LA, to discuss his free agency

ETA: i would like to present Example A: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783826-lebron-james-rumors-superstar-lands-in-los-angeles-amid-free-agency-chatter
I hope he comes to Philly too but LOL at this.  This is the town that stalked Gus Bradley with a helicopter when he interviewed for the Eagles HC job.  Gus Bradley!  We thrive on circuses in Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread