What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh, had to bail on ESPN2 faster than i wanted to. But when they said "THat Ersan signing really hurts Philly", i had to move on. Sure the guy is great to have, 3/21 is a bit much for the good guy though
I think it hurts their big man depth. Ersan did well filling in from the bench to give Saric and Embiid a break. He could also stretch the floor and seemed to do well defensive. However the contract is a bit much 

I agree with everything you said in the first paragraph. I don't think McBuckets passes the "Nene Test" with that new contract though. It's a bad deal.
You could be correct, but I'm probably a bit higher on McBuckets than others.  He has more to his game than he's shown thus far and with Oladipo's gravity on offense he would really see an uptick in productivity.  Seems odd the Pacers kept Bogdanovic & signed McDermott.  Maybe they're contemplating playing Oladipo at the 1 more minutes this season?

You could be correct, but I'm probably a bit higher on McBuckets than others.  He has more to his game than he's shown thus far and with Oladipo's gravity on offense he would really see an uptick in productivity.  Seems odd the Pacers kept Bogdanovic & signed McDermott.  Maybe they're contemplating playing Oladipo at the 1 more minutes this season?
I thought it was a horrific contract at first, so then I looked him up to confirm, he shot 49% from 3 in Dallas last year, I know it's not the biggest sample size ever but damn.

Joe Vardon:

LeBron’s agent Rich Paul expects to speak with Cavs GM Koby Altman right around now as free agency begins. They spoke yesterday when Paul informed him LeBron was declining his option

The bye bye perhaps..
if Lebron signs with LA after all of this, the guy has just given up. pisses on his legacy i think, will be lucky to make it to the 2nd round with the western teams getting better. 

and if he signs with Philly, i take all of this back  :D

So what is the Thunder's tax bill? Can't believe they re-signed George and Grant.
oh my god

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42 3m3 minutes ago

With Paul George and Jerami Grant on board, Oklahoma City now has a payroll of $156M with 11 players under contract. Because of the repeater tax penalty, the Thunder currently have a tax bill of $130M. The tax bill would be the largest in NBA history.

So what is the Thunder's tax bill? Can't believe they re-signed George and Grant.
oh my god

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42 3m3 minutes ago

With Paul George and Jerami Grant on board, Oklahoma City now has a payroll of $156M with 11 players under contract. Because of the repeater tax penalty, the Thunder currently have a tax bill of $130M. The tax bill would be the largest in NBA history.

Ian Begley 

As free agency opens, there is mutual interest between Mario Hezonja and the Knicks, sources say. Hezonja has multiple suitors and the Knicks are looking to offer short-term contracts to maintain cap space for 2019. Sacramento also has interest in Hezonja.

He deserves it imo. Very versatile player and still has tons of room to improve. That is not a bad contract at all. 
He's a poor man's version of Kenneth Faried with a passable jumper. That's an end of the rotation type player.

Last edited by a moderator:
kind of amazing how the clippers seemed to fall ### backwards out of the quagmire they appeared to be stuck in about 13 months ago.
Jerry West is a stud.

Baynes 2/11
If Baynes sudden 3point shot is legit that's going to be a really nice signing for Boston.  They're going to need value to keep what they have soon enough.

Jordan 1/24 to Dallas.
Hopefully he keeps the spring in his legs, seemed to be a bit less of late.  Then again, on a 1 year deal that's not a huge concern.  His durability has been underrated, and his presence on D should allow Smith Jr to use his athleticism and cover up some errors Doncic makes in his rookie season.

DAmn, George is a 4 year deal
No player option?

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess it's possible.  i just don't see why it was important to do this right away.  seems like this deal or something less would always be available for the pacers.

If Baynes sudden 3point shot is legit that's going to be a really nice signing for Boston.  They're going to need value to keep what they have soon enough.

Hopefully he keeps the spring in his legs, seemed to be a bit less of late.  Then again, on a 1 year deal that's not a huge concern.  His durability has been underrated, and his presence on D should allow Smith Jr to use his athleticism and cover up some errors Doncic makes in his rookie season.

No player option?
nothing reported that i've seen regarding option for george.  baynes does have an option.

WGAF how much money Clay Bennett has to spend though? Not that you are doing this but it's always weird when fans get upset about a tax bill. 
i certainly don't give a ####, just talking about analytically, and i hope that **** goes bankrupt after ####### over Seattle.

i realize this is not a good audience for this post, though am looking to get a percentage of all Britney Spears' future likes.

Ian Begley 

As free agency opens, there is mutual interest between Mario Hezonja and the Knicks, sources say. Hezonja has multiple suitors and the Knicks are looking to offer short-term contracts to maintain cap space for 2019. Sacramento also has interest in Hezonja.
Hezonja signing with the Knicks or Kings just seems inevitable.  Um, good luck!  Can't wait to see a backcourt of Mudiay & Hezonja starting the 2nd quarter as Walt Frazier contemplates avoiding the game action in favor of pushing Puma sneakers.  The whole 2 minute ramble ends up as a "Say What?" on The Starters.

for a team that lost in the first round last year.  

i mean, where is this really going?
Roberson's injury doesn't get much attention because he's not a big name, but very good defender.  Grant is an upgrade over Anthony if they figure that out.

Westbrook, PG, Adams, Grant and Roberson is a solid starting five.

Hezonja signing with the Knicks or Kings just seems inevitable.  Um, good luck!  Can't wait to see a backcourt of Mudiay & Hezonja starting the 2nd quarter as Walt Frazier contemplates avoiding the game action in favor of pushing Puma sneakers.  The whole 2 minute ramble ends up as a "Say What?" on The Starters.
Hezonja played 100% of his minutes in the front court last year, most of those at PF. He's reinvented himself as a mediocre combo forward rather than a terrible shooting guard.

• Smile
Reactions: GOB
He's a poor man's version of Kenneth Faried with a passable jumper. That's an end of the rotation type player.
So far you're the only person I've seen who has anything negative to say about the Grant deal from a basketball perspective 

Roberson's injury doesn't get much attention because he's not a big name, but very good defender.  Grant is an upgrade over Anthony if they figure that out.

Westbrook, PG, Adams, Grant and Roberson is a solid starting five.
of course he's a good defender, but how far do you really think they'll go?  i mean, god bless them if they will spend the money, just seems like a longshot to be worth it.

Unless we're just not considering defense.
Or Faried's ability to actually grab a rebound. 

You're right he is a much better defender than Faried, but a worse offensive player and a laughable rebounder. They have very similar activity levels though, with similar builds and athleticism. 

WGAF how much money Clay Bennett has to spend though? Not that you are doing this but it's always weird when fans get upset about a tax bill. 
Not as weird when previously avoiding a tax bill cost the franchise the current MVP.  The second OKC sent James Harden away the Tax bill became a real issue with that organization.  Something has clearly changed there though.

Somebody cue the clip of Steven Adams taking a hit right to the face and him not flinching a bit...that's how Thunder fans must feel tonight - no pain and kind of badass.

So far you're the only person I've seen who has anything negative to say about the Grant deal from a basketball perspective 
:shrug:  I'm not Jerami Grant expert but that deal is going to crush their finances for a player who played 20mpg last season. Still a much better contract than Will ####### Barton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread