Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warriors must have gotten spooked by that Rondo signing.

hey Tim trump just tweeted something you better head on back now. thanks for stopping by. 

Butler is overrated anyway.

1 minute ago, Long Ball Larry said:

For the Sake of clarity, Actually meant the other tj with that post, but you are good too for today...

and so it has been decreed.

McConnell?

35 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

That Nick Wright dude said this morning Lebron has made decision and will announce Tues. 

So Bron’s camp meeting with Philly for ####s and giggles? 

Some of these reporters don’t even use common sense.

yeah, it doesn't make much sense if it were to be true. Why wouldn't he just announce his team earlier then instead of waiting until Tuesday?

6 minutes ago, bananafish said:

I have a lot of confidence in the Warrior's locker room being able to withstand and rehabilitate sulky players with bad attitudes but supposedly Howard's problem is that he's really, really annoying. No amount of airplane hijinx and charity softball games can overcome that.

Tjnc tried to talk me into him earlier and his numbers are admitedly enticing, but #### that guy. Give me Kyle O'Quinn.

Does he let his 24 children run amok in the locker room?

1 hour ago, modogg said:

So i get Silverscreenand roll.com is SBNation's Laker's fan site, but holy moly they can be a hoot. It seems this Lebron news is one of those things like the current state of our country. You keep saying the same thing you just make it true. word is they are saying Lebron has already agreed to join the Lakers

hmm maybe these guys were right. Seems though a rumor gets out and 3 different sources report it as fact:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783993-report-execs-think-lebron-james-has-chosen-lakers-indecision-is-all-theater

• Like 1

Woj saying PGs deal ultimately could end up being around 7/290 if he extends after year 2. Not so bad. He got a little more security versus the 2+1 he could have done.

48 minutes ago, Kraft... said:

Is Josh Hart a legit asset? I've read some buzz about SA really liking him. 

He plays D, has great hops, can hit 3 pointers, gives 100% effort. He's a useful player, but I don't think he'll be an all star or anything. He'd be  great fit in SA with Pops.

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 1

Canceling my DirecTV today or tomorrow.  Was going through everything left on my DVR and found a Bobcats vs Hawks game from the year before they switched back to being the Hornets.  We actually paid to sit down behind the benches because tickets were cheap and those teams sucked.  Can see us pretty much anytime the ball is on one side of the court.  Bobcats got killed that game of course.  Ah memories :lol: 

28 minutes ago, modogg said:

so IsaiahThomas seems to be getting 0 teams interested.... Avery Bradley very limited too. Really seems to be buyer beware on ex-Celtics

Free agency started 17 hours ago...

34 minutes ago, modogg said:

so IsaiahThomas seems to be getting 0 teams interested.... Avery Bradley very limited too. Really seems to be buyer beware on ex-Celtics

I love your posts about the 76ers and Celtics. So irrational and biased. All the other teams i like reading what you say. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Lakers looking at Aaron Gordon now?  I'm getting the feeling that the Team is lost at the moment. 

If they don't get Lebron or Kawhi, signing a couple solid FAs to go along with their Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma core isn't the worst place to be in for a team :shrug:

13 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Non-barber rumor: SA wants three future 1st round picks and two undisclosed players from Philly for Kawhi

that is expensive. def will need protections on those. would be a good place to still have that Kings 1st rounder

4 hours ago, modogg said:

i've also come to the conclusion, Brian Windhorst is full of ####

:goodposting:just talking out of his ###. it is like he is panicking because he missed all of the free agent news:

https://twitter.com/nickpiccone/status/1013560342109179904?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1013561535875166208&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fphiladelphia-76ers

Sure, trade Embiid for 1 year of Kawhi. big dope

11 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

If they don't get Lebron or Kawhi, signing a couple solid FAs to go along with their Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma core isn't the worst place to be in for a team :shrug:

I get it, but this was a team that was talking about swinging for Lebron and Kawhi just a couple days ago. Figuring out ways to cut salaries and now they are kicking around a short max for Cousins, Gordon would near a max, some overpriced role players in McGee and Jabari Parker. 

They just signed their first rd pick who now cant be traded for 30 days. All this comes off the back of a leaked recruiting video. I dont think all is right in Laker land. 

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

I get it, but this was a team that was talking about swinging for Lebron and Kawhi just a couple days ago. Figuring out ways to cut salaries and now they are kicking around a short max for Cousins, Gordon would near a max, some overpriced role players in McGee and Jabari Parker. 

They just signed their first rd pick who now cant be traded for 30 days. All this comes off the back of a leaked recruiting video. I dont think all is right in Laker land. 

What was leaked?

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Does seem a bit crazy

One of the interesting subplots of the Sixers pitch is Joshua Harris. All NBA owners are rich, but he's the managing director of a top private equity group and LeBron is supposed to be considering business beyond basketball.

If he signed with the Sixers and the Apollo Group just happens to want to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in a company LeBron's wife has an interest in, I assume that would be some sort of cap violation. :unsure:

1 minute ago, Tom Hagen said:

One of the interesting subplots of the Sixers pitch is Joshua Harris. All NBA owners are rich, but he's the managing director of a top private equity group and LeBron is supposed to be considering business beyond basketball.

If he signed with the Sixers and the Apollo Group just happens to want to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in a company LeBron's wife has an interest in, I assume that would be some sort of cap violation. :unsure:

Collusion!

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

Coming off a 9 game season and saying he's going to LA in a year. Good luck to them.

He's also one of two players you need on your roster to beat the Warriors and could entice the second player to join as well.

I'm perfectly fine if they don't do it and the Warriors are probably gifted championships for the next two seasons.

Edited by tjnc09
8 hours ago, thecatch said:

Maybe the fact Kevin Love is having mental breakdowns is scaring off other potential star partners?

That, how he treated the whole Blatt situation and how he screwed over bosh and Wade when he said he'd stay with the Heat only for the two of them to sign and Lebron go back to the Cavs. Plus Lebron's micromanaging of everything.  You might have your best shot in your career winning a title with Lebron but when things don't work out everyone isn't getting on Lebron's case. That's gonna be you and your teammates problem. Say he wants a 1 + 1 deal and has told other players that there's no guarantee he's staying. It's a lot to think about. A lot of people just assume people will team up Lebron these days but maybe that isn't the case anymore after the Love, Kyrie and Thomas situations. 

7 hours ago, Insein said:

I'm pretty sure LeBron with a bunch of slobs a Cleveland just beat Boston in a seven-game series. Now add embiid and Simmons to that along with whatever else they have they're going to the finals regardless of what Boston does.

The same Simmons that same Boston team basically kept quite the whole series? :lmao:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Ulis has now been waived. Sounds like, barring a trade, that Suns are all in on giving Elie Okobo major minutes early.

It also sounds like Booker is not happy about it. Considered Ulis a close friend. 

11 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

The same Simmons that same Boston team basically kept quite the whole series? :lmao:

Yes the same rookie who will be going into his second year averaging 16-8-8. I think some times in the NBA, guys can improve upon their game the longer they play.

5 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

The Spurs should be doing everything in their power right now to fleece Philly or LA for Kawhi.  

It'd be interesting if SA got into the Lebron discussion. Maybe instead of trading Leonard entice him with playing Lebron instead? Plus it'd be entertaining to finally watch Lebron play in a REAL SYSTEM in the NBA because his whole career on offense has been give the ball to him and let him work his magic. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

That, how he treated the whole Blatt situation and how he screwed over bosh and Wade when he said he'd stay with the Heat only for the two of them to sign and Lebron go back to the Cavs. Plus Lebron's micromanaging of everything.  You might have your best shot in your career winning a title with Lebron but when things don't work out everyone isn't getting on Lebron's case. That's gonna be you and your teammates problem. Say he wants a 1 + 1 deal and has told other players that there's no guarantee he's staying. It's a lot to think about. A lot of people just assume people will team up Lebron these days but maybe that isn't the case anymore after the Love, Kyrie and Thomas situations. 

How many times are you going to just make #### up and get called out for being wrong?

LeBron announced July 11 2014 he will be going back to Cleveland

Wade signs with Miami July 15th 2014

Bosh signs hours after the LeBron. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/heat/2014/07/11/chris-bosh-contract-miami-re-sign-maximum-houston-rockets-offer/12547379/

As for the 2nd part of your statement, WTF are you talking about? This is rhetorical please don't answer.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Yes because 21 year old players never get better.

• Like 1