What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really feel like LaBron’s signing actually puts more pressure on Philly to get a deal done.  No chance without Kahwi.  There only shot is to get Kahwi now and have him fall in love with the team l, ala PG.  If they sit back and be passive Lakers swoop up Kahwi next year guaranteed.  
I really disagree with this...if they give up their assets for Kawhi and he walks after a year they are in big trouble...right now they are a decent amount behind the Celtics and the Celtics have more future assets as well...Philly's big 2 is very young...they should not be panicking...they need to be a little patient here...if they make a move for the sake of making a move they could really hurt their future...if they are going to make a big deal they need more certainty than what Kawhi gives them...

i also don't think the Spurs want to let that happen. why give your competition that benefit. trade him to the Clippers or anybody else
Yep.  That’s why if Philly or Boston even comes close to a strong Lakers offer he goes east without thinking twice.  

Name names.  Ingram is one of the more sought after young kids in the game.  Kuzma plays like a vet right now.  Let’s start with Philly’s top 2 (excluding Embiid, Simmons, and injured Fultz cancels injured Lonzo)
Saric, Covington, Zhaire and Miami's unprotected 1st

LeBron has had this super team built for months. I'm just surprised Paul George isn't going to LA.

Funny thing is, I bet LeBron would have brought JR Smith with him before the Game 1 screw up.

I guess I am looking forward to mid-season Lebron when he starts to let his pot belly grow in, and tells Walton he is only playing 15 minutes a night

LeBron has had this super team built for months. I'm just surprised Paul George isn't going to LA.

Funny thing is, I bet LeBron would have brought JR Smith with him before the Game 1 screw up.
What Super Team? Lebron and Wagner? Lebron and Kuzma? Please, this team blows. they need a hell of a lot more to even be competitive

I really disagree with this...if they give up their assets for Kawhi and he walks after a year they are in big trouble...right now they are a decent amount behind the Celtics and the Celtics have more future assets as well...Philly's big 2 is very young...they should not be panicking...they need to be a little patient here...if they make a move for the sake of making a move they could really hurt their future...if they are going to make a big deal they need more certainty than what Kawhi gives them...
Understood but you’re playing for second place at best (and likely not even that as to your point they probably don’t get past Boston) if you let Kawhi go West.  You have no shot vs GS or Hou or LA.  Bottom line is Philly or Boston must get Kahwi to even be in the conversation.  Time to roll the dice because you will not get a second roll for years.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Man. I hate the Lakers but love watching Lebron and want someone to challenge ####### Golden State and their bull#### video game roster.

Guess I'm hoping the Lakers get Leonard.

I never compared LeBron and Simmons shot, and every team's biggest obstacle is staying healthy/
I never said you did. I was debating the people talking about Simmons shot being bad and you thinking they thought he needed to be Curry. I was simple saying that's not what they are saying. They are arguing the fact that Ben Simmons shot is no where close to as good right now as Lebron's shot at that point in his career was and Ben is older then Lebron was in his second year. My point was Ben has a long way to go before it was even close to Lebron's shot. 

What Super Team? Lebron and Wagner? Lebron and Kuzma? Please, this team blows. they need a hell of a lot more to even be competitive
That's the fun part! If it's Kawhi Leonard, I feel have lost respect for the league. The coach is Golden State's old assistant coach. Watch them hold onto Ball and LeBron turns him into an all-star.

so he can still live in LA, it is just you guy who wants to act like the GOAT, and he doesn't even want to compete anymore. 
Uh what he's going out west. He's gonna have to compete every night. This is what a lot of Lebron doubters have said for yrs. He stayed in the East for an easy ride to the Finals where he barely had to compete till the ECF or the actual finals. Now he's going west and has to compete on a regular bases. 

So it looks like we can add the Lakers to the list of teams you will have irrational takes on. Don't ever change, you always make me smile.
i'm guessing the takes will be closer to accurate than the Celtics takes. Celtics have been legit good, i just don't like them. Lakers are legit bad

I guess this year just wore on LeBron more than we thought. He was epic and dominant. He was a one man wrecking crew that carried a team that would have won 25 games to the finals. Yet despite that super human effort, he still got swept by GSW.

He sees the writing on the wall. He can't go that hard again. That's why he takes the 4 years deal. He's done. This is the last team he'll play for. He's going to ride out the storm, collect some stats that are coming to him and trott off into the sunset. He couldn't catch MJ. He gave a it a run but now he's cashing in and setting up his family and business for the future.

So salud to the second greatest of all time. It's the end of a fantastic era of basketball that we will not forget.

Understood but your playing for second place at best (and likely not even that as to your point they probably don’t get past Boston) if you let Kawhi go West.  You have no shot vs GS or Hou or LA.  Bottom line is Philly or Boston must get Kahwi to even be in the conversation.  Time to roll the dice because you will not get a second roll for years.  
Could not disagree more with The Celtics take...they got to game 7 of the ECF without their two best players...both Brown and Tatum are just scratching the surface of their talent and they have the potential of 4 first round picks next year including the Kings...they are in great shape to play against anyone next year and for years to come...that being said if the price is right I don't have an issue with going after Leonard but having both him and Kyrie on one-year deals has a lot of room for error...

That's the fun part! If it's Kawhi Leonard, I feel have lost respect for the league. The coach is Golden State's old assistant coach. Watch them hold onto Ball and LeBron turns him into an all-star.

I guess this year just wore on LeBron more than we thought. He was epic and dominant. He was a one man wrecking crew that carried a team that would have won 25 games to the finals. Yet despite that super human effort, he still got swept by GSW.

He sees the writing on the wall. He can't go that hard again. That's why he takes the 4 years deal. He's done. This is the last team he'll play for. He's going to ride out the storm, collect some stats that are coming to him and trott off into the sunset. He couldn't catch MJ. He gave a it a run but now he's cashing in and setting up his family and business for the future.

So salud to the second greatest of all time. It's the end of a fantastic era of basketball that we will not forget.
? ? ?

And then Kawhi, the other one man wrecking crew in the league, joins him and they knock GS's block off.

I don't think this is that far off, although I'd down down the eulogizing by about 57% or so.  Lebron + LA + cap room + Ingram's upside makes me think it's not over yet.

Philly fans are probably burning LeBron Laker jerseys right now, maybe even some Cavalier jerseys they got on the cheap.
That wouldn't be surprising. For yrs up until the last 2-3 I saw more Lebron jerseys then Sixers jerseys here in Philly. I work in retail and it's one place you see a lot of what people wear and don't wear. Even if you aren't a sports fan in Philly you can tell what the biggest teams are here at times. However up until the past 2 or so yrs you didn't see many 76ers jerseys unless it was from a diehard fan. 

Until Paul got hurt I did. They still had 2 games at home and I thought they had a chance before Iggy got hurt. 
Warriors win in 6 if Iguodala doesn't get hurt.  They had the Rockets figured out defensively and his injury surprised them game 4 (Young and Livingston were -27 or something stupid)

i'm thinking you are right. and the bolded/underlined is interesting. Guessing we will see Kobe 2.0 just hoisting up shot after shot for the F of it. 

I know you are angry because he's leaving your team, but what did he do that was so bad? Guy wants to live in LA. Its a pretty great place.
I think he is making a mistake basketball-wise (even though Cleveland wasn't winning titles either), but it just looks really really bad after that letter he wrote to Cavs fans when he came back and n a sitdown interview with CNN in 2014, James said "I plan on finishing my career back home." In his Sports Illustrated essay announcing his return, he said "I always believed I'd return to Cleveland finish my career there." At his homecoming celebration at the University of Akron, he told roughly 30,000 screaming fans: "I don't plan on going nowhere. I don't have the energy to do it again." And last September, he said his intention to remain with the Cavs "hasn't changed."

To then leave again is pretty crappy to the fans. Ultimately, he doesn't owe them anything, but then don't say all that stuff pretending you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread