Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at

What is Houston doing? I feel like Randle would have in decently on that team. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warriors must have gotten spooked by that Rondo signing.

hey Tim trump just tweeted something you better head on back now. thanks for stopping by. 

Butler is overrated anyway.

The problem with all of this analysis, one way or the other,  is that last year’s Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball will not be next year’s Ingram, Kuzma and Ball. One of these guys may emerge into a star player. Or more than one. Or none. But we just don’t know. 

1 minute ago, modogg said:

:lmao: These are so insane. Why the hell would Phoenix ever do that deal?

Because the Lakers asked nicely. 

37 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

Rondo signing got to lead one to believe Ball is either the "big" piece in the Kawhi trade or for another player.

Lakers get:  Kawhi

Spurs get :  J. Jackson and Kuzma

Phoenix:  Ball

Why...would Phoenix do that?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The problem with all of this analysis, one way or the other,  is that last year’s Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball will not be next year’s Ingram, Kuzma and Ball. One of these guys may emerge into a star player. Or more than one. Or none. But we just don’t know. 

“Sir, this is a Wendy’s”

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Great retort, but sorry you have homer glasses on right now. 

1. GSW
  2. Houston
  3. Boston
  4. Philly
  5. Twolves
  6. Jazz
  7. Pelicans

Yeah I'm sure a Lebron-led team would be down here with a handful of other teams.  You want to add Toronto to that list?  Maybe Lebron will crack the top 10.  :loco:

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

With what the Lakers are doing it might be none. Rondo is taking valuable minutes from Ball. Ingram or Kuzma are loading minutes to LeBron and Stephenson. Obviously you are fine with LeBron, but Stephenson  is meh. 

2 minutes ago, Daywalker said:
  1. GSW
  2. Houston
  3. Boston
  4. Philly
  5. Twolves
  6. Jazz
  7. Pelicans

Yeah I'm sure a Lebron-led team would be down here with a handful of other teams.  You want to add Toronto to that list?  Maybe Lebron will crack the top 10.  :loco:

It is the West, maybe you forgot that. In the East maybe, and I will never say the Raptors have a chance against LeBron. I don't care if LeBron is 80. 

2 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

Did I miss the season where Jackson became much more valuable then Ball?

I think so, it was last season and their only season. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

Did I miss the season where Jackson became much more valuable then Ball?

Redo last years draft right now. Tatum and Mitchell go 1 and 2 I don't care who goes first. Jackson is in the discussion at 3, Ball isn't.

8 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

With what the Lakers are doing it might be none. Rondo is taking valuable minutes from Ball. Ingram or Kuzma are loading minutes to LeBron and Stephenson. Obviously you are fine with LeBron, but Stephenson  is meh. 

this is a good point. i'm  feeling a little better as a Sixers fan. even with no GM they wouldn't have let their roster degrade this fast

15 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

What is Houston doing? I feel like Randle would have in decently on that team. 

The Rockets are $16 million over the cap. I believe that only allows them to sign guys using some sort  of exception or at the league minimum. Or they could sign their own free agents. Can’t sign anyone major unless they get that player to play at a deep discount. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Redo last years draft right now. Tatum and Mitchell go 1 and 2 I don't care who goes first. Jackson is in the discussion at 3, Ball isn't.

Yeah, I don't agree with this.  

16 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Ot maybe the Lakers aren't quite done tinkering with their roster yet and it's early to be making definitive statements about how minutes will be distributed.

Just now, Gr00vus said:

Ot maybe the Lakers aren't quite done tinkering with their roster yet and it's early to be making definitive statements about how minutes will be distributed.

I agree, but that wasn't the discussion we were having. He said this roster right now is the 4th best in the NBA. Behind only the Warrior, Rockets and Celtics. 

Sorry that isn't true. 

Just now, Capella said:

You think Ball would go in the top-3?

He has those purple and gold glasses on. 

59 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Free agent Julius Randle has agreed to a two-year, $18M deal with New Orleans, league sources tell ESPN. Player option second year.

That's dirt cheap. In my mind, Kuzma and Randal were the 2 that I'd really want to keep.

1 minute ago, Daywalker said:

Ball went 10/7/7 as a 19-20 year old. 

Tatum and Mitchell are the only slam dunks ahead of him.

On a horrible team, and he can't shoot and his father is a PITA. 

2 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Lakernation board posters are buzzing about a sign and trade deal involving Cousins and Ball (and Deng and a 1st round pick), pending physicals. Don't know how I'd feel about that if it goes down.

they have been trying to trade that Deng contract forever, i can't imagine they can unload it and get any value.

1 minute ago, modogg said:

they have been trying to trade that Deng contract forever, i can't imagine they can unload it and get any value.

Well they sure were wrong about that particular scenario anyway.

• Like 1
Just now, Daywalker said:

Yeah that's a huge bummer for the league.  Not good for ratings in general.

Come on, they said the same thing about Durant to the Warriors and the ratings have never been higher. 

1 minute ago, Daywalker said:

Might as well wait for Kawhi now.

L. Ball, Deng and a #1 for Kawhi.  Final offer.

:lmao:

• Like 5
3 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

Yeah, this is what I fear.  That said, LeBron is in Europe, so I'm not sure he's pulling the strings.  This reeks of Magic.  And reeks is a kid word.  

Rondo and KCP making $21M this year?  Why not give that $20M to Boogie?????

I think we know why

• Like 1

Feels like Boogie is taking it easy next year to get back into form and win a title. Then try to cash in next year. Pretty smart for a guy that usually does stupid stuff. Achilles can be rough, especially on a big man. 

• Like 6