What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's a huge bummer for the league.  Not good for ratings in general.
I find it funny how a lot of people now are complaining about Superteams forming but when LeBron first did it everyone was all for them. Just more of an observation. I hated them since day 1 but if theres gonna be super teams and my team aint one of them at least the Warriors are easiest of the teams to like 

I find it funny how a lot of people now are complaining about Superteams forming but when LeBron first did it everyone was all for them. Just more of an observation. I hated them since day 1 but if theres gonna be super teams and my team aint one of them at least the Warriors are easiest of the teams to like 
Or perhaps the two situations are very different.

Didn’t everyone hate Lebron and the Heat?

LOL. Even if they get 40% effective Boogie for the last 25 games plus playoffs, they'll still roll through everyone

Why would any other team even try this year? The rest of the west should tank and we should just let Philly and Boston flip a coin to see who gets murdered by the warriors in June

Wtf are you talking about? Lebron became public enemy #1 for creating a super team

Teams selling #1 picks while players shrug off 5-10mill here and there.

I respect valuing things above money.  It's just a lot of money.

DJax can't help himself. He says wrong stuff all the time. I actually wish I kept a notebook of it, but off the top of my head.

LeBron couldn't hold a 2 - 1 lead against the Warriors because Kyrie got hurt.

LeBron screwed over Bosh and Wade by telling everyone he would leave after they signed

Luke Walton has never coached a star

Yeah, this is what I fear.  That said, LeBron is in Europe, so I'm not sure he's pulling the strings.  This reeks of Magic.  And reeks is a kid word.  

Rondo and KCP making $21M this year?  Why not give that $20M to Boogie?????
I’m not that knowledgeable on the salary stuff. Do the Lakers have to fill in the roster with 1 year players to hold space for next year?

Are these all tradeable assets or something?

LOL. Even if they get 40% effective Boogie for the last 25 games plus playoffs, they'll still roll through everyone

Why would any other team even try this year? The rest of the west should tank and we should just let Philly and Boston flip a coin to see who gets murdered by the warriors in June
See, Brooklyn got way out in front of this when they did the 2013 trade that killed their chances of competing over the next decade. They’re playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers, IMO.

Impressive effort by the Warriors...I give them a ton of credit for not getting passive and keeping the foot on the gas...I am a Celtics fan but I salute what the Warriors have done and are doing during this run...it is historic...

Helluva time to be a Warrior's fan.

Don't think this reflects very well on the league, but Adam Silver seems to think there's nothing wrong so :shrug:

Not as much as it seems they hated KD joining GS. A lot of people who I knew said this was good for the NBA. There was posters a few saying it was great for the NBA and they wanted to see more of it. Then all of a sudden KD joined the Warriors and everyone started hating it. I guess reality finally set in. 

Not as much as it seems they hated KD joining GS. A lot of people who I knew said this was good for the NBA. There was posters a few saying it was great for the NBA and they wanted to see more of it. Then all of a sudden KD joined the Warriors and everyone started hating it. I guess reality finally set in. 
You talk to people who say the opposite of the majority.

Feels like Boogie is taking it easy next year to get back into form and win a title. Then try to cash in next year. Pretty smart for a guy that usually does stupid stuff. Achilles can be rough, especially on a big man. 
He seems to have at least matured in some sense since his Sacramento days though. He might be the best Center in the NBA when he's healthy and he puts it all together. 

Man, that's not the way I remember it. James got destroyed.

why do people think "super teams" only came in to existence in the last 6-8 years?
Because it kind of has with FA. Most of the 80s and 90s super teams came from teams drafting players. Very rarely did you see Superstars jump from team to team like say the rate LeBron and others have. 

Frostillicus said:
This is still Boogie Cousins coming off an achilles injury, right?
 You are right. His "prove it" season should really be just how well he looks with 4 All Star shooters at each position. I don't blame him. just what this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread