Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at

3 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

Yeah that's a huge bummer for the league.  Not good for ratings in general.

I find it funny how a lot of people now are complaining about Superteams forming but when LeBron first did it everyone was all for them. Just more of an observation. I hated them since day 1 but if theres gonna be super teams and my team aint one of them at least the Warriors are easiest of the teams to like 

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warriors must have gotten spooked by that Rondo signing.

hey Tim trump just tweeted something you better head on back now. thanks for stopping by. 

Butler is overrated anyway.

Just now, DJackson10 said:

I find it funny how a lot of people now are complaining about Superteams forming but when LeBron first did it everyone was all for them. Just more of an observation. I hated them since day 1 but if theres gonna be super teams and my team aint one of them at least the Warriors are easiest of the teams to like 

Or perhaps the two situations are very different.

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

Didn’t everyone hate Lebron and the Heat?

• Like 13

LOL. Even if they get 40% effective Boogie for the last 25 games plus playoffs, they'll still roll through everyone

Why would any other team even try this year? The rest of the west should tank and we should just let Philly and Boston flip a coin to see who gets murdered by the warriors in June

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Wtf are you talking about? Lebron became public enemy #1 for creating a super team

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Frostillicus said:

I don't think he was above trying to win a title at all.  

I just don't remember my youth as Jordan asking for Ewing and Reggie Miller to come play with him

• Like 2
Just now, Max Power said:

I just don't remember my youth as Jordan asking for Ewing and Reggie Miller to come play with him

This is still Boogie Cousins coming off an achilles injury, right?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Wow. Just wow. The arms race is on. No way GS affords all 5 next year. At least 1 if not 2 are going elsewhere. But what a steal for this year. 

It's not a race when the team that three laps ahead laps the field again.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, The General said:

DJax can't help himself. He says wrong stuff all the time. I actually wish I kept a notebook of it, but off the top of my head.

LeBron couldn't hold a 2 - 1 lead against the Warriors because Kyrie got hurt.

LeBron screwed over Bosh and Wade by telling everyone he would leave after they signed

Luke Walton has never coached a star

3 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

Yeah, this is what I fear.  That said, LeBron is in Europe, so I'm not sure he's pulling the strings.  This reeks of Magic.  And reeks is a kid word.  

Rondo and KCP making $21M this year?  Why not give that $20M to Boogie?????

I’m not that knowledgeable on the salary stuff. Do the Lakers have to fill in the roster with 1 year players to hold space for next year?

Are these all tradeable assets or something?

1 minute ago, TLEF316 said:

LOL. Even if they get 40% effective Boogie for the last 25 games plus playoffs, they'll still roll through everyone

Why would any other team even try this year? The rest of the west should tank and we should just let Philly and Boston flip a coin to see who gets murdered by the warriors in June

See, Brooklyn got way out in front of this when they did the 2013 trade that killed their chances of competing over the next decade. They’re playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers, IMO.

• Like 7

Impressive effort by the Warriors...I give them a ton of credit for not getting passive and keeping the foot on the gas...I am a Celtics fan but I salute what the Warriors have done and are doing during this run...it is historic...

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

Warriors must have gotten spooked by that Rondo signing.

:lmao::bow::hifive:

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, The General said:

Not as much as it seems they hated KD joining GS. A lot of people who I knew said this was good for the NBA. There was posters a few saying it was great for the NBA and they wanted to see more of it. Then all of a sudden KD joined the Warriors and everyone started hating it. I guess reality finally set in. 

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

Not as much as it seems they hated KD joining GS. A lot of people who I knew said this was good for the NBA. There was posters a few saying it was great for the NBA and they wanted to see more of it. Then all of a sudden KD joined the Warriors and everyone started hating it. I guess reality finally set in. 

You talk to people who say the opposite of the majority.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Feels like Boogie is taking it easy next year to get back into form and win a title. Then try to cash in next year. Pretty smart for a guy that usually does stupid stuff. Achilles can be rough, especially on a big man. 

He seems to have at least matured in some sense since his Sacramento days though. He might be the best Center in the NBA when he's healthy and he puts it all together. 

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Man, that's not the way I remember it. James got destroyed.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

why do people think "super teams" only came in to existence in the last 6-8 years?

Because it kind of has with FA. Most of the 80s and 90s super teams came from teams drafting players. Very rarely did you see Superstars jump from team to team like say the rate LeBron and others have. 

1 minute ago, The General said:

Man, that's not the way I remember it. James got destroyed.

Keep talking to him and watch the goal posts keep moving.

7 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

This is still Boogie Cousins coming off an achilles injury, right?

You are right. His "prove it" season should really be just how well he looks with 4 All Star shooters at each position. I don't blame him. just what this is.

• Like 1