What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SI Top 100 Some interesting choices, discuss :popcorn:  
5 Sixers in top 62. Good to see some people (looking at you Golliver) coming around. 

And they keep insisting that the Spurs deal needed to be done with Embiid or Simmons:  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795767-spurs-reportedly-targeted-joel-embiid-ben-simmons-before-kawhi-leonard-trade

i can't figure out if Buford was playing hard ball, or what he was thinking. I can't imagine Sixers giving up either of those guys, and i think they still could have sent a  better package than Torotonto did. But i'd love to know how true this all is because i can't figure out why Spurs would insist on this

They wanted a star back (and Fultz doesn't count).
i don't know. Embiid or Simmons >>>>>>> Derozan by almost every measure. Guess they may as well aim for the moon, but would the package Toronto sent be better than a mix of Fultz, Saric and Covington? i don't know, but it is all water under the bridge. If the case was Embiid/SImmons was the starting point i wish someone would have leaked it better to the media so we could have saved a few weeks of silliness, i can't see any reason why the Sixers would trade one of those young guys for an injured Kawhi in a contract year.

this thread will bump 5 pages once the Celtics' fans check out that top 100. I think the whole fanbase will blow a gasket seeing Tatum at 39....

this thread will bump 5 pages once the Celtics' fans check out that top 100. I think the whole fanbase will blow a gasket seeing Tatum at 39....
Why?  That is exactly where he should be after his rookie year...after this year I expect him to be about 15-20 slots above that but right now he is where he should be...

Last edited by a moderator:
He's no Deng, but Devin Booker is out ~6 weeks after surgery on his shooting hand. The Suns were already disastrously thin at PG (and he arguably isn't one), but now they'll be starting ?.

Ainge is going to get a haul when they come calling for Rozier.
I think Nate Duncan and the Clippers guy he had on predicted they be trying to get a point guard from the Clippers

Why?  That is exactly where he should be after his rookie year...after this year I expect him to be about 15-20 slots above that but right now he is where he should be...
hmm, well rookie of the year was at 26. I wouldn't mind seeing Ben top 10-6 next year myself. 

and you guys are missing the point of that top 100. whole purpose is to cause bickering about the rankings and reinvigorate interest in the league before training camps start.

SI Top 100 Some interesting choices, discuss :popcorn:  
Too high: Chris Paul (y'aint there @ the end, y'aint there), Butler (this might be right if wiggy werent cloggin #### up) PG-lowerthan13, Horford, Aldridge, Klaywayway2hi, Beal, SAdams, GHarris,RoCoHoHoHo48, EGordon, Favors, Ingles, D12, Wiggy (200?), Ibaka, Iggy, KAnderson, Bazemore, Carroll,

Too low: Jokic (altho, unfortunately, a spot ahead of KAT is right), Simmons, DMitchell (maybe), Drummond, Booker, JMurray, THarris, AGordon, JRandle, Batum, Ingram, Markaanen, Vukevic, Lonzo

Missing: Kris Dunn, John Collins, DFox, Jarrett Allen, DSmith and up to a half-dozen rookies

Too high: Chris Paul (y'aint there @ the end, y'aint there), Butler (this might be right if wiggy werent cloggin #### up) PG-lowerthan13, Horford, Aldridge, Klaywayway2hi, Beal, SAdams, GHarris,RoCoHoHoHo48, EGordon, Favors, Ingles, D12, Wiggy (200?), Ibaka, Iggy, KAnderson, Bazemore, Carroll,

Too low: Jokic (altho, unfortunately, a spot ahead of KAT is right), Simmons, DMitchell (maybe), Drummond, Booker, JMurray, THarris, AGordon, JRandle, Batum, Ingram, Markaanen, Vukevic, Lonzo

Missing: Kris Dunn, John Collins, DFox, Jarrett Allen, DSmith and up to a half-dozen rookies
Covington at 48 just discredits the entire list.... especially when you look at players he is ahead of. Barely can dribble or make a lay up. Defense is great , until playoffs or guarding someone who is actually a scorer.

Dunn?  Who would you drop out to put Dunn in there?

If there’s a case to be made for any Kings, it’s that Hield or Bogdanovic should bump out some of the other guys in the bottom 15 or so. Fox isn’t in the discussion yet. 
I always avoid fantasy-drafting rookie TEs, WRs & PGs, except in dynasty. Tight ends because they're nothing but fat, slow WRs until they learn to play in-line, WRs because they have as much to learn as QBs but have do so while constantly out-of-breath and PGs because point guards are, in a way unlike any position in team sports, both born & made. I watched Fox as much as i could (i'm usually worn out on watching b-ball by the 2nd game of doubleheaders, so i'm better on east than west) last season. He's ready to take the next step.

[Robinson] Spoke to a source today who confirmed Kevin Durant will be a LA Laker next year. "Just like LeBron planned his move LA a year or more earlier, #KD is doing the same right now. They want to form the best duo in the NBA and set up KD to be the face of the Lakers post-LeBron." (twitter.com)

i'm late on this, aren't i?

So let me see.  The Wolves hold out, refusing to move Kevin Love for any low ball offers, and end up getting what they want.  They get the actual first overall pick and pick the right guy.  They sign the coach everyone was begging them to sign.  They trade for a bonafide all-star and fringe MVP guy.  

And somehow, it's all going to fall apart.  Ain't the NBA grand?

[Robinson] Spoke to a source today who confirmed Kevin Durant will be a LA Laker next year. "Just like LeBron planned his move LA a year or more earlier, #KD is doing the same right now. They want to form the best duo in the NBA and set up KD to be the face of the Lakers post-LeBron." (twitter.com)

i'm late on this, aren't i?
And Ben Simmons. 

5 Sixers in top 62. Good to see some people (looking at you Golliver) coming around. 

And they keep insisting that the Spurs deal needed to be done with Embiid or Simmons:  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795767-spurs-reportedly-targeted-joel-embiid-ben-simmons-before-kawhi-leonard-trade

i can't figure out if Buford was playing hard ball, or what he was thinking. I can't imagine Sixers giving up either of those guys, and i think they still could have sent a  better package than Torotonto did. But i'd love to know how true this all is because i can't figure out why Spurs would insist on this
Honestly if I was giving up Kwahi and the Sixers were calling I'd laugh off anyone trying to pass me Fultz. They wanted a legit Star so it'd have to be one of those two. If I'm getting rid of one of the best if not the best two way player in the league not named LeBron I'd want Embiid plus picks. But unless Embiid or Simmons was in there the deal wasn't going through

All of these social media posts with Lebron and Ben Simmons seems like a bad omen. 
Ben's probably joining Showtime 2.0 once his contract with the Sixers is up. I guess LeBron started recruiting early. It'd make sense since LA is closer to Australia then Philly if that were part of his decision but we are still a bit a way from all that talk

Elton Brand?  Wow.  
Seems more like a Company Yesman move. This to me signifies the canidates they talked too they told them they wouldn't have the authority they thought they would have. Harris and Company are more concerned about making a profit then actually winning. Harris is the same guy who's been running the NJ Devils too. I like Brand the Person and player but he barely has a full year of GM experience. I hope it works out for him. 

I've been hearing radio folks talking about Towns and Butler hating each other. Is that a thing?
I remember reports of Butler being annoyed that Towns didn’t take practices etc. seriously enough. Don’t recall much more than that.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Minnesota's Jimmy Butler has three preferred destinations for a trade, league sources tell ESPN: The Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Clippers and New York Knicks. Those three teams have max cap space to sign Butler as a free agent in July.

1:23 PM · Sep 19, 2018

I was just thinking that the Bulls definitely are going to win the Butler trade but then I remembered the LaVine 4/$78 contract.

Any of our regulars subscribed to The Athletic? - looks like that's gonna be the source from now on. Or is the Twitterverse so fast a relay it don't matter?

I suspect the rumors are true.  Where Jimmy Butler goes, Kyrie will go.
Would be tough if it is Knicks to have 3 Max Deals.... Zinger will want a huge pay day after his Rookie deal and they still have some bad contracts on the books. If they could convince Zinger to wait to re-up till 2020 and dump some salary in the mean time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread