Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warriors must have gotten spooked by that Rondo signing.

hey Tim trump just tweeted something you better head on back now. thanks for stopping by. 

Butler is overrated anyway.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:14 PM, tommyGunZ said:

Elton Brand?  Wow.  

i literally have no opinion on it right now. Can't be worse than Colangelo, right? Brand is on record saying he doesn't use twitter. 

I mean you got Magic in LA, Bird as President in Indiana, spaz Ainge is seen as a God by the frothing Boston groupies. Why not Brand? I literally don't know if it is good or bad :shrug:. They still got the people who traded Bridges for Zaire Smith and that unprotected Miami 1st, so they could be on to something. Brand won't bash the players behind the scenes or make a fool out of himself (please, please don't Elton)

Key Sang‏ @Phantele_

FollowFollow @Phantele_

More

Key Sang Retweeted Manny Hill

Hoo boy. Scoop just confirmed what I think we all suspected after the Shams report: KAT’s terms are specifically for Jimmy to be off the roster. So yeah, this ain’t about money. This is so@ething crazy personal between them

SIDE NOTE:  I have no idea who any of these twitter people are.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

Key Sang‏ @Phantele_

FollowFollow @Phantele_

More

Key Sang Retweeted Manny Hill

Hoo boy. Scoop just confirmed what I think we all suspected after the Shams report: KAT’s terms are specifically for Jimmy to be off the roster. So yeah, this ain’t about money. This is so@ething crazy personal between them

SIDE NOTE:  I have no idea who any of these twitter people are.

lol, i heard about Scoop B today and was wondering what kind of credibility a guy named named "Scoop B" would have. NBA off-season really is something...

It's nice to see Brooklyn finally getting some love, but if a team is going to pay Butler $30MM/year through his age 34 season, I'd rather it not be the Nets. Giving up assets to pay an aging star a ton of money would be the quintessential Billy King move.

I wonder if Butler did research on the some of the players girl friends for the Clippers,  Nets and Knicks? Sure doesn't seem like winning is his highest priority. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, caustic said:

It's nice to see Brooklyn finally getting some love, but if a team is going to pay Butler $30MM/year through his age 34 season, I'd rather it not be the Nets. Giving up assets to pay an aging star a ton of money would be the quintessential Billy King move.

I've got a fresh, new idea for the Nets - give a team several yrs of 1st rd picks & switching rights for aging veterans.....

seriously, tho - if it didn't cost em much more than D'Angelo, i like the idea of Butler in Bruhlyn, even as a rental. Nets played some nice positionless ball last yr - a season alongside the best positionless player this side of the Kang would be a good thing.

10 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

If Butler is traded to Los Angeles I wonder if he'll bang Lebron's mom.

Lebron will flip that into a reality show that runs for 4 seasons, probably before he even plays a game in a Lakers uniform

I guess the Bulls have the Final laugh on this trade. Kriss Dunn became a player, Lauri has been amazing and Lavine could be a 20 PPG guy. Butler after one season wants out in Minny and has PO'd another teammate on another team. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I guess the Bulls have the Final laugh on this trade. Kriss Dunn became a player, Lauri has been amazing and Lavine could be a 20 PPG guy. Butler after one season wants out in Minny and has PO'd another teammate on another team. 

Are you watching the same Bulls as the rest of us?

Hoth.  That's awesome.  Ya know how you can set up "places" on Facebook so you can "check in"?  Well, when we lived in the Twin Cities, I entered "Hoth" for our house and would check in regularly, usually when it was like 10-below and 2 feet of snow outside.  

Also, don't have time to backtrack through this thread but there's a ton of local talk about him and Leonard as a 1-2 punch on the Clippers.  Exciting.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Are you watching the same Bulls as the rest of us?

Dunn has a shaky offensive game and LaVine is a terrible defensive player and is now overpaid.  Markkanen had a promising year making first team All-Rookie. 

Meanwhile, the rookie the Wolves drafted keeps breaking his foot and now Butler wants out.

If we wait another year and re-evaluate that trade, I think it's likely most will agree the Bulls "won".

Edited by Juxtatarot
1 hour ago, nirad3 said:

Hoth.  That's awesome.  Ya know how you can set up "places" on Facebook so you can "check in"?  Well, when we lived in the Twin Cities, I entered "Hoth" for our house and would check in regularly, usually when it was like 10-below and 2 feet of snow outside.  

Also, don't have time to backtrack through this thread but there's a ton of local talk about him and Leonard as a 1-2 punch on the Clippers.  Exciting.  

Onion beat me on this one with “Jimmy Butler presents Wolves with list of 29 preferred destinations.” So mad at myself for not thinking of that one. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Dunn has a shaky offensive game and LaVine is a terrible defensive player and is now overpaid.  Markkanen had a promising year making first team All-Rookie. 

Meanwhile, the rookie the Wolves drafted keeps breaking his foot and now Butler wants out.

If we wait another year and re-evaluate that trade, I think it's likely most will agree the Bulls "won".

I disagree. Butler is the type of player you take a gamble on and hope it works. Like the Paul George trade. In reality look at the deal though. Think of it this way if the T-Wolves never made the deal and where they would be right now.

Markkanen - nice player, but if the trade was never made and the T-Wolves drafted him he wouldn't have got as much playing time with a team fighting for a playoff spot and Thibs would have never developed the kid.

Dunn - He is a replacement level player at point guard. He should be at best the 3rd guard in your rotation and probably 4th guard on a really good team. If he was still on the T-Wolves he would get no playing time at all, behind Teague, Rose, LaVine, Wiggins.

LaVine - They would have let LaVine walk this year, he is an overpaid chucker. 

Plus right now the T-Wolves are claiming they are keeping Butler, but I suspect they will change their mind and move him if they struggle at the beginning of the season or if the locker room becomes a problem. 

3 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I disagree. Butler is the type of player you take a gamble on and hope it works. Like the Paul George trade. In reality look at the deal though. Think of it this way if the T-Wolves never made the deal and where they would be right now.

Markkanen - nice player, but if the trade was never made and the T-Wolves drafted him he wouldn't have got as much playing time with a team fighting for a playoff spot and Thibs would have never developed the kid.

Dunn - He is a replacement level player at point guard. He should be at best the 3rd guard in your rotation and probably 4th guard on a really good team. If he was still on the T-Wolves he would get no playing time at all, behind Teague, Rose, LaVine, Wiggins.

LaVine - They would have let LaVine walk this year, he is an overpaid chucker. 

Plus right now the T-Wolves are claiming they are keeping Butler, but I suspect they will change their mind and move him if they struggle at the beginning of the season or if the locker room becomes a problem. 

Where will the Wolves be next year if they lose Butler for nothing or pennies on the dollar? 

Just now, thecatch said:

Woj reporting that Taylor is telling other teams to make offers directly to him “if necessary.” RIP Thibs. 

woj has been reporting a lot of wildass secondary stuff after each time shams scoops him ever since he came to espn

3 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Where will the Wolves be next year if they lose Butler for nothing or pennies on the dollar? 

Same place they would have been if they didn't make the trade. 

10 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

I prefer the Finnisher.

I think even if Dunn and Lavine don't work out and Lauri becomes an all star the Bulls still win this trade. Never was huge on Patton and Butler is gone regardless. 

I have a close relationship with someone who works within the Timberwolves organization.

Word from the inside is that Thibs is on the way out, and that measures are being taken with the organization in preparation for such an event.

My source is very credible and has leaked accurate inner-organizational information to me in the past.

Wait and see.