What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.1, 8 & 16 overall Rookie Draft (1 Viewer)

Brandon Will

Footballguy
20 team dynasty. 3rd year of rebuild.

.25 ppr.

6 pt All TDs 

30 pass yds = 1

10 rush/rec yds =1

the question is who should I be targeting for my rebuild. I was out of state all last year and didn’t keep up on much leading up to this years draft. 

Obvious Barkley at #1

at #8 I’m seeing that a WR will drop to me out of Moore, Ridley, Sutton, Kirk. This league is RB heavy and is stocked with picks at the RB position. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 7 RBs go before my pick. Let’s say one does, between Moore/Ridley. Do I take the other? Or do I go with Sutton or Kirk? I’m looking to start competing again this year.

then at 16 I’m looking at either TE or WR again. Gesicki or possibly Anthony Miller/Dante Pettis if they fall. Anyone else I should be targeting here?

My Roster.

Cam Newton, Mitch Trubisky 

Leonard Fournette, Saquan Barkley, Derrick Henry

Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant, Cordarrelle Patterson, Brice Butler 

OJ Howard  

Kaimi Fairburn 

Danielle Hunter, Olivier Vernon

Telvin Smith, Joe Schobert 

Harrison Smith, Kenny Vaccaro

I think your plan is good. Barkley at 1, and either Moore or Ridley at 8. you can argue both ways, so pick your favorite there. I would not spend a pick on a TE at 1.16. Another wr or rb in this range would benefit your team more. Trade for a TE vs draft one. TEs have a long development time, and could be years before you see any ROI. Kittle could be a trade target if you move one of your non starting wrs. 

Snoochie pretty much nailed it, if Kirk is available at 16 I'd snag him in a heartbeat. He is a great sleeper WR who has a clear shot at being #1 for the Cards next year.

Agreed, forget TE at 16 (I'm not that high on any available this year anyway grab one of the WW - Burton or Kittle available? -  and stick with Howard as your young guy), draft another WR or a sneaky RB if you like any of the later ones and they last.

Really even at 8 you could possibly take Kerryon Johnson or Royce Freeman if one lasts, they're ranked 6 and 7, so unless it really does go 7 straight RB to start one will be there at 8 (Or Chubb if they both go) and then grab a WR at 16 .... (Like Beer said, Kirk should likely be available at 16, and if not Sutton should be)

No one takes QB's in your league???

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, forget TE at 16 (I'm not that high on any available this year anyway grab one of the WW - Burton or Kittle available? -  and stick with Howard as your young guy), draft another WR or a sneaky RB if you like any of the later ones and they last.

Really even at 8 you could possibly take Kerryon Johnson or Royce Freeman if one lasts, they're ranked 6 and 7, so unless it really does go 7 straight RB to start one will be there at 8 (Or Chubb if they both go) and then grab a WR at 16 .... (Like Beer said, Kirk should likely be available at 16, and if not Sutton should be)

No one takes QB's in your league???
People don’t really take QBs in the top 10 in our league unless they’re top prospects like Luck/Cam/Wentz 

There is a good chance at 16 there will be some good choices with teams starting to draft QB and later round RB/TEs.

its a 20 team league. 

Take Barkley at 1.

whichever of the top 8 RBs who falls (Barkley, Guice, penny, Michel, Chubb, Rojo, Freeman, Kerryon) at 8.

then take your favorite WR who falls

(Moore, Ridley, Sutton, Kirk, Miller, Gallup)

at 16. If none are there you could reach for Chark, Pettis or go TE.

I’m going to have Fournette, Barkley, and Derrick Henry. 

In a 20 team league starting 3WRs, you don’t take a WR at 8?

I’m going to have Fournette, Barkley, and Derrick Henry. 

In a 20 team league starting 3WRs, you don’t take a WR at 8?
I take the best player available.  I don't reach for team needs.  I have the top 8 ranked as all RBs.  If you have a WR ranked in your top 8 go for it.

I agree. With basically exactly 8 RB's before the "Drop off" in talent, I would take whichever one of them remains at that pick without a 2nd thought. I don't see your starting requirements, but unless you only start 1 RB a week, then I still say you go Barkley and then RB again at 8 and get your WR at 16. (it's also always WAY easier to find sneaky WW grabs at WR, especially in a 20 team league the RB wire will be bone dry)

I’m trying to trade the 8th pick and/or Derrick Henry for a WR. Reaching kind of high, hoping someone bites on Henry because of Murray leaving. (Amari/Evans/Adams etc)

Nobody has mentioned taking a LB with the 16th pick.  You are obviously in an IDP but you didn't mention the scoring or if the IDP's score similar to the offensive side.  If they do I wouldn't have an issue taking a top LB at that 16th spot if there isn't an offensive guy that jumps out at you.

IDP are not the most valuable players in our league, unless they produce quick. 

1 point tackles 2 sack 3 int.

id rather go offense at 16 

Brandon Will said:
IDP are not the most valuable players in our league, unless they produce quick. 

1 point tackles 2 sack 3 int.

id rather go offense at 16 
Edmunds and Roquan will produce quick but if IDP's don't score enough compared to offense I understand why you wouldn't go that route.  In my IDP pick 16 is about when the top IDP's start coming off the board.

I take the best player available.  I don't reach for team needs.  I have the top 8 ranked as all RBs.  If you have a WR ranked in your top 8 go for it.
This.

If you like Ridley or Moore better more than the RBs available at 8, take them.  Personally, I would never draft Moore at 8.  He was a good pick for CAR but terrible for his fantasy value.  Take Ridley at 8 (if available) or another RB.  Personally, I have Ridley ranked 9 after the 8 RBs smbkrypt24 lists above. There's a pretty big dropoff there at RB after those 8 guys.  Ridley isn't a good enough prospect for me to pass on those RBs and get more RB depth.

fightingillini said:
This.

If you like Ridley or Moore better more than the RBs available at 8, take them.  Personally, I would never draft Moore at 8.  He was a good pick for CAR but terrible for his fantasy value.  Take Ridley at 8 (if available) or another RB.  Personally, I have Ridley ranked 9 after the 8 RBs smbkrypt24 lists above. There's a pretty big dropoff there at RB after those 8 guys.  Ridley isn't a good enough prospect for me to pass on those RBs and get more RB depth.
Thanks. I like what I see video wise out of Ridley a lot.

Took Barkley at 1 and Moore at 8. Traded for Olsen and Mosley with 16 overall.

Roquan, Cams Backup, Swain. 

20 team rookie drafts suck lol 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread