What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

******Official SCOTUS Thread****** (3 Viewers)

According to current law, WRONG.

According to Family Guy it is not.  :shrug:

But, again, the fact that we have a 2nd Amendment would make what Newsom wants to do entirely more difficult, IMO.  I just don't see it going anywhere.

And I don't agree with that Texas abortion law either.  

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Family Guy it is not.  :shrug:

But, again, the fact that we have a 2nd Amendment would make what Newsom wants to do entirely more difficult, IMO.  I just don't see it going anywhere.

And I don't agree with that Texas abortion law either.  
Bottom line, the SCOTUS’s ruling on the lawsuit angle is it going to create issues.  Really not sure why they propped open Pandora’s box.  

There's a reason a gun rights group filed an amicus brief in the Texas case.  If you can use "private action" to end run the constitution, you can do it for anything.  

SC denied two requests to block New York's vaccine mandate today.   That's six times now the Court has refused to block a vaccine mandate, whether from a state or a private corporation.   New York's mandate does not include a religious exemption.   

SC announced today that all of the justices are vaccinated and boosted.

I wonder if the fact that there aren't any anti-vaxxers on the court affects their decision-making, particularly with the mandate cases.

SC announced today that all of the justices are vaccinated and boosted.

I wonder if the fact that there aren't any anti-vaxxers on the court affects their decision-making, particularly with the mandate cases.

Going to be some interesting cases.  I'm torn and look forward to reading the opinions.

Oh, dayummm!!!!!  GOTCHA!

I bet Gorusch is really upset now as he flies back to Washington to resume his duties as a Supreme Court Justice. 

Well, maybe next time will be the charm for Garland.  :shrug:

Oral argument tomorrow morning in the two Biden admin vaccine mandate cases the Court fast tracked to hear on an emergency basis. The National Federation of Independent Business v. Department of Labor case regards the OSHA “vaccine or negative test” rules for workers at employers of 100 or larger. Biden v. Missouri involves the mandate for health care workers at facilities that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid funding. Argument starts at 10:00 a.m. 

Oral argument tomorrow morning in the two Biden admin vaccine mandate cases the Court fast tracked to hear on an emergency basis. The National Federation of Independent Business v. Department of Labor case regards the OSHA “vaccine or negative test” rules for workers at employers of 100 or larger. Biden v. Missouri involves the mandate for health care workers at facilities that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid funding. Argument starts at 10:00 a.m. 

Will be interested to see how the Government argues their case.  Mandates can't go beyond what is "reasonably required".  I wonder if they'll have to admit that masks and social distancing are not effective measures and that the vaccine is "required" for public safety.  

Getting the vibe they will allow the OSHA mandate.  USSC doesn't seem to have an understanding of how Omicron is different than Delta and that point wasn't hit hard. 

SC denied two requests to block New York's vaccine mandate today.   That's six times now the Court has refused to block a vaccine mandate, whether from a state or a private corporation.   New York's mandate does not include a religious exemption.   
Mandates are correctly done state by state.   National mandate will and should be shot down

My goodness, did Breyer seriously just argue that because there are 750,000 cases a day right now, every day that the OSHA mandate is stayed will result in 750,000 preventable cases???

My goodness, did Breyer seriously just argue that because there are 750,000 cases a day right now, every day that the OSHA mandate is stayed will result in 750,000 preventable cases???
Yes, sadly. They still think people are dying at Delta rates too. 

OSHA is really standing by the fact the vaccinated can't catch covid or spread it. 

because they are only discussing the unvax are a threat to the unvax and won't touch how the vaxinated are also threats to each other. 

Unless I missed that part...
I missed big chunks and so will have to go back for the transcripts, but it sounded like they were trying to say that the vaccinated are in "danger" while the unvaccinated are in "grave danger".

Sotomayor thinks there are 100k kids in serious condition with Omicron and that Omicron is as bad as Delta.

For all the disgust and angst over Q and the crazy conspiracy stuff that it promulgates this is just as bad.  Or, actually, infinitely worse as she has real power.

These two should immediately recuse due to breathtaking ignorance.

Sotomayor thinks there are 100k kids in serious condition with Omicron and that Omicron is as bad as Delta.

For all the disgust and angst over Q and the crazy conspiracy stuff that it promulgates this is just as bad.  Or, actually, infinitely worse as she has real power.

I think they are 10 watt bulbs

Nah - they are brilliant people, but man the ignorance and obvious unwillingness to do the pre-work for this case is just stunning.  This rises to the level of malfeasance on the bench.
Yeah, and it goes to both sides.  We could have plucked 9 people from the Covid thread and they would have run circles around the Scotus with regards to their grasp of the facts on the ground.

all that really matters is whether OSHA has this authority.  also, the court recognized that it's not a vaccine mandate; it's a testing mandate that you can opt out of by being vaccinated.  

after reading the part I missed, changing my prediction.  I think they'll say OSHA has authority but this mandate is overbroad.

Nah - they are brilliant people, but man the ignorance and obvious unwillingness to do the pre-work for this case is just stunning.  This rises to the level of malfeasance on the bench.
Sotomayor isn't brilliant.   Bryer was but he is passed his prime.

He just needs to get through next Nov and then stall, if he steps down, till trump is elected so he can get another pick.

all that really matters is whether OSHA has this authority.  also, the court recognized that it's not a vaccine mandate; it's a testing mandate that you can opt out of by being vaccinated.  

after reading the part I missed, changing my prediction.  I think they'll say OSHA has authority but this mandate is overbroad.
Where did you find the transcript?  I haven't been able to locate one with a few minutes of poking around.

yeah this was weird.  she's usually pretty prepared and asks decent questions at oral argument.  no clue where this came from.

The questions asked were broader than this.  I can't swallow that this is their sole decision point.  At least some of them.
i get that the questions were broader, and some were irrelevant or even absurd.  ultimately it comes down to the question before the court though.

for those that may have missed it...two of the state lawyers arguing against the mandate are arguing remotely...because they have Covid.
So?  If you've been awake sometime between Thanksgiving and today, you should know that omicron is way more contagious than previous strains, and it evades the vaccines.  The fact that somebody tests positive for covid tells you very little about their vaccination status at this point, and it certainly doesn't tell you anything about the legality of a mandate emanating from an administrative agency as opposed to congress.  

Disturbing to hear justices have emotion responses to the arguements and cite incorrect facts.  Is it always like this?  

lol

So?  If you've been awake sometime between Thanksgiving and today, you should know that omicron is way more contagious than previous strains, and it evades the vaccines.  The fact that somebody tests positive for covid tells you very little about their vaccination status at this point, and it certainly doesn't tell you anything about the legality of a mandate emanating from an administrative agency as opposed to congress.  
you seem emotional.  

Users who are viewing this thread