What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you trade Drake/ARob for Freeman/Coleman? (1 Viewer)

LakeCowboy

Footballguy
I'm considering doing a deal for Freeman/Coleman and sending Kenyan Drake/Allen Robinson.

Drake is my 3rd RB and Arob is my 5th WR.  Freeman would potentially be able to move into my flex role.

Keeper/Dynasty League 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

16 man roster

PPR scoring

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Todd Gurley, LeVeon Bell, Kenyan Drake

WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate, Allen Robinson, Corey Davis

TE - Evan Engram

K - In Draft

DEF - Jacksonville

Should I trade Drake/ARob for Freeman/Coleman to potentiall Flex Freeman and use for byes or keep Drake/Arob as lottery tickets?

I lean towards passing on the deal as well.   It's tempting to get Freeman, but I don't think he's that much better than Drake, and I would rather keep ARob and see if he can recapture the magic in CHI.  

I wouldn't do it with Coleman who does nothing for your team and who essentially is just waiver wire fodder.If you can get a 2nd RB instead then I would consider it.

Coleman is the real downer in this deal.  Based on his situation and past he doesn't have much upside and Freeman is solid but you know what you are getting.  Since you don't need Freeman I would rather go with the upside of A-Rob and Drake.  So it's a pass for me.

I would do the deal. Freeman would be a nice flex play (better than Drake IMO) based on your roster. It’s also not a slam dunk that you will be playing ARob week in and week out. The best matchup from the Hill/Fitz/Tate combo (assuming you’re always starting Hopkins) could produce a nice start at WR2 for you, so for me ARob is a little more expendable. What I really like is the idea of having Coleman since this is a Dyntasy league. Like others said, Coleman might not do much for you this year. But I would imagine there’s a solid chance of him becoming a lead dog elsewhere in 2019 since he’s a UFA after the season. You’ve got a solid roster as it is, so it might be a risk worth taking.

I would do the deal. Freeman would be a nice flex play (better than Drake IMO) based on your roster. It’s also not a slam dunk that you will be playing ARob week in and week out. The best matchup from the Hill/Fitz/Tate combo (assuming you’re always starting Hopkins) could produce a nice start at WR2 for you, so for me ARob is a little more expendable. What I really like is the idea of having Coleman since this is a Dyntasy league. Like others said, Coleman might not do much for you this year. But I would imagine there’s a solid chance of him becoming a lead dog elsewhere in 2019 since he’s a UFA after the season. You’ve got a solid roster as it is, so it might be a risk worth taking.
What has Coleman done thus far in his career that gives you confidence he can be a WR1 on another team?  He has never cracked 500 yds in a season.  He averaged about 35 yds per game last year in the 9 games he played.  The year before that he averaged about 40 yds per game in the 10 games he played.

Could he end up going somewhere else and be a solid WR play?  Sure but I wouldn't think there is anything he has done thus far that gives him a solid chance of being a WR1.  Why do you think he has a "solid" chance to be a WR1?

Which Coleman are "we" talking about?  Corey (WR) or Tevin (RB) ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point.  I assumed we are talking about Corey because I was assuming a  RB/WR on each side.    I guess it never stated one way or the other.
Thanks, Gally!!!  My first reaction was Tevin and IMO, I would do the deal.  Tevin will be moving somewhere else and "could" benefit.  Cowboy has got the WR depth to take that chance.  On the other hand, if it is Corey, I'm not pulling the trigger.

Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman.  Sorry I didn't specify.  I ended up not doing the deal, but it was a difficult decision.  Freeman would have been the best player in the deal and a great flex, but w/ the roster I have I can carry the risk of Drake/ARob not panning out because of their upside trade/start value potential.  Tevin had UFA'19 appeal like some others have stated.

Thanks for all of the responses, the deal is still on the table should I choose to pick it back up between now and late August so I'll probably kick the tires on the idea some more down the road because of the Freeman flex appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread