What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018: Show Off Your New Toys (1 Viewer)

Whoosah

Footballguy
I am sure there are many drafts that are wrapping up so it's fun to see which rookies people drafted.

Time to show off your new rookie picks!

1.04 - Rashaad Penny

3.04 - Baker Mayfield

3.07 - DaeSean Hamilton

4.04 - Jordan Wilkins

Only had one pick going into the draft(1.07), but I did make some moves. 2QB League.

1.07- Lamar Jackson (ended up trading him a few days ago for Royce Freeman)

Traded a next year 1st for the 2.01 and got Josh Rosen

Traded another 2019 1st and 2nd for Ronald Jones and Martavis Bryant

So, ended up coming away with Rojo, Royce and Rosen from this class.

1.1 Saquon Barkley

1.2 Derrius Guice

1.11 Courtland Sutton

2.2 Michael Gallup

2.5 Nyheim Hines

2.7 Josh Rosen

3.6 J'Mon Moore

3.8 Ian Thomas (already traded away)

I had 1.1, 1.2, 1.6. traded down to 1.8. i didn't want Moore so I traded down again to 1.11. I picked up a pair of 2nd rounders in the process and use them to move up to grab the guys I got. 

I was targeting every single one of these guys and was thrilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR Superflex - Started with the 12th pick

1.12 - Traded for 2019 first and second (perennial bottom 3 team - So I've got that going for me ;) )

2.4 - Lamar Jackson (traded my 2019 second and third to get the 2.4 - really wanted him for his upside in superflex league)

2.12 - Trey Burton (traded 2.12 straight up for Burton - Lost Hunter Henry and needed a solid young upside TE)

3.12 - Traded for 2019 third (mid tier team) - Thought I could pick up a top 30 pick next year and still have good options in the next rounds.

4.12 - DJ Chark

5.12 Tre'Quan Smith

6.12 Steelers DST  (Dis not have a DST and have to meet roster minimums.

DJ and Smith fell way to far IMHO.  Everyone drafts the high profile rookies early, but there are several teams to start drafting FA veterans in the 2nd round.  

12 team PPR Superflex - Started with the 12th pick

1.12 - Traded for 2019 first and second (perennial bottom 3 team - So I've got that going for me ;) )

2.4 - Lamar Jackson (traded my 2019 second and third to get the 2.4 - really wanted him for his upside in superflex league)

2.12 - Trey Burton (traded 2.12 straight up for Burton - Lost Hunter Henry and needed a solid young upside TE)

3.12 - Traded for 2019 third (mid tier team) - Thought I could pick up a top 30 pick next year and still have good options in the next rounds.

4.12 - DJ Chark

5.12 Tre'Quan Smith

6.12 Steelers DST  (Dis not have a DST and have to meet roster minimums.

DJ and Smith fell way to far IMHO.  Everyone drafts the high profile rookies early, but there are several teams to start drafting FA veterans in the 2nd round.  
Insanity that Jackson lasted to 16 in SF. That's a reasonable place to take him in standard!

Across 2 superflex + TE premium leagues, I have:

QB Sam Darnold (2x)
WR DJ Moore
WR Calvin Ridley
TE Mike Gesicki (2x)
TE Hayden Hurst
TE Mark Andrews
TE Jordan Akins

I've linked to some of the things that I've written about these guys (the Gesicki link covers the rest of the TEs too). I like some of this year's RBs, too, but the drafts didn't break that way.

My evaluation of Ridley was pretty pessimistic, but a lot of people who aren't me like him (for instance, the Atlanta Falcons). So when I was on the clock and he looked like BPA, I tried to trade down, couldn't find a taker, and decided to bet on my evaluation being wrong.

League drafts before nfl draft, 12/ppr

1.05 penny

1.12 freeman

2.05 Gallup (missed Kerryon by 1 pick)

2.12 goedert

league 2, 12 ppr, post draft

1.03 penny

1.04 michel

1.09 traded for McKinnon (own Breida)

3.03 pettis

league 3 14/ppr full idp post draft

1.08 Kerryon

2.08 washington

3.04 vander esch

3.08 Darius Leonard 

3.11 davenport

12 team PPR, QRRWWWTFKD (Deep benches)

1.3 - Rashad Penny

1.4   Ronald Jones

1.5  Soney Michel

1.9  DJ Moore

2.3 Cortland Sutton

2.4 Josh Allen (homer pick)

6.3  Josh Adams

6.12 Robert Foster

Last edited by a moderator:
These are from about a week after the NFL draft.

Team 1 :

1.02 Penny

1.05 Jones II

2.09 Mayfield

2.11 Jackson

Team 2 :

1.05 Jones II

1.10 Kerryon Johnson (I moved 2.02 and my 2019 1st for the 1.10 and Drake while 1.10 was OTC - I was league champ last year so my 1st has a good chance to be late)

3.08 Dixon (it was a rookie/vet FA draft)

Team 3 :

1.05 Penny

2.01 Anthony Miller

2.08 Hines

Not gonna outline all the rest since we went 7 rounds in each of these. But I got J'mon Moore, Jaleel Scott and Jaylen Samuels in spots between the 4th and 6th rounds. Ryan Grant, Lockett, and a couple other vets in the same range.

1.1 Saquon Barkley

1.2 Derrius Guice

1.11 Courtland Sutton

2.2 Michael Gallup

2.5 Nyheim Hines

2.7 Josh Rosen

3.6 J'Mon Moore

3.8 Ian Thomas (already traded away)

I had 1.1, 1.2, 1.6. traded down to 1.8. i didn't want Moore so I traded down again to 1.11. I picked up a pair of 2nd rounders in the process and use them to move up to grab the guys I got. 

I was targeting every single one of these guys and was thrilled.
You and I will have a similar team. I already have Barkley and Guice along with picks 1.3, 1.6, 1.7, 1.10, 2.1 and 2.5.

Im not sold on Sutton yet.

Tex

9 drafts so far, here's who I picked more than once

6: Baker Mayfield

5: Jordan Lasley

3: Jaylen Samuels

2: Kerryon Johnson, DJ Moore, Dallas Goedert, Ito Smith, Mark Walton, Antonio Callaway

Didn't have any top 7 picks this year but did end up with Chubb at 8 in one league.

Not a big fan of Kerryon but in one couldn't move off the pick and the other needed to take a dart throw at RB.

Earliest I took Mayfield was 9 in a superflex and 14 in a 14-teamer. Didn't reach for him but tried to target him once the Kirk/Miller/Sutton tier was gone.

9 drafts so far, here's who I picked more than once

6: Baker Mayfield

5: Jordan Lasley

3: Jaylen Samuels

2: Kerryon Johnson, DJ Moore, Dallas Goedert, Ito Smith, Mark Walton, Antonio Callaway

Didn't have any top 7 picks this year but did end up with Chubb at 8 in one league.

Not a big fan of Kerryon but in one couldn't move off the pick and the other needed to take a dart throw at RB.

Earliest I took Mayfield was 9 in a superflex and 14 in a 14-teamer. Didn't reach for him but tried to target him once the Kirk/Miller/Sutton tier was gone.
What is it about Mayfield that made you target him so much?

Tex

What is it about Mayfield that made you target him so much?

Tex
I think he has top 5 upside based on accuracy, college success, and being taken 1st. There also aren't a lot of great options this year in the 2nd - no 3rd tier of RBs and I wasn't a big fan of the TEs this year (other than Goedert whose situation is bad).

Same question about Lasley. 
His talent level is closer to a NFL 3rd round pick but he was pushed down due to character concerns. I think he's much more ready to contribute than Scott and the WR competition is crowded but open. He was available in the late 4th in every draft and an easy pick for me at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread