What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to aquire some WR youth - Dynasty (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
I'm deep in a 12 team PPR dynasty at WR, We can start up to 4 a week (3WR, 1flex) I've drafted well and made a bunch of trades in the 13+ years to set me up.  Selling high on Moss for many picks which turned into Julio/AJG etc.  Always staying ahead of the curve and getting lucky with late firsts.  Ideally I'd like to trade AJG, Jeffrey and Cole for a stud, would you send all 3 for Allen? or Adams?

My WR's are starting to get old.  Who would you package to try and get younger?  Allen, Adams, Hopkins, OBJ.

Antonio Brown (30), Julio (29), AJG (30)  Ashlon Jeffrey (28)

My younger stable:

Mike Evans (25) Michael Thomas (25) Cooper (25) Allen Robinson (24) Corey Davis (23) DJ Moore (21) Sutton (23)

Other pieces:

Docston (26) Zay Jones (23) Keelan Cole (25)

Thanks

Allen is still way to injury prone and being drafted way too high IMHO because of his one full season (even in college he had injury issues). I like Adams but I think Hopkins should be your #1 target, followed by OBJ. You've got great depth so I'd try to make a trade, if I were the contra party for either Hopkins or OBJ I might want a little more though, maybe a pick or someone that meets a hole they may have in another position.

Allen is still way to injury prone and being drafted way too high IMHO because of his one full season (even in college he had injury issues). I like Adams but I think Hopkins should be your #1 target, followed by OBJ. You've got great depth so I'd try to make a trade, if I were the contra party for either Hopkins or OBJ I might want a little more though, maybe a pick or someone that meets a hole they may have in another position.
How many pieces is too much for Hopkins?

AJG. Jeffrey, Alex Collins, Cole

Antonio Brown, Jeffrey, Collins

I've had little luck shopping AJG, Jeffrey and McCoy all off-season for Adams, Hopkins, OBJ.

I would stay away from Adams.  I don't like his recent concussion history.  To risky to give up significant assets to get him. 

You will have a hard time trading AJG because he doesn't have the flash of other WR's.  He just doesn't trade well for some reason.  Nobody is excited about getting him. 

If your sole goal is to get younger then I would shop Brown, Julio, AJG, and Jeffrey and move them in the best possible return you get.  You don't really need to replenish the WR shelf as you have a ton of top young talent as it is.  You can trade all four and you would still have a solid WR corps moving forward (albeit more risky). 

I would look to upgrade at other positions if you have some weak spots. 

I would stay away from Adams.  I don't like his recent concussion history.  To risky to give up significant assets to get him. 

You will have a hard time trading AJG because he doesn't have the flash of other WR's.  He just doesn't trade well for some reason.  Nobody is excited about getting him. 

If your sole goal is to get younger then I would shop Brown, Julio, AJG, and Jeffrey and move them in the best possible return you get.  You don't really need to replenish the WR shelf as you have a ton of top young talent as it is.  You can trade all four and you would still have a solid WR corps moving forward (albeit more risky). 

I would look to upgrade at other positions if you have some weak spots. 
I'm in a solid spot at RB as well.

I guess, what I'm trying to do is swing 3-4 players on my roster for the top 10 overall dynasty players.

RB:

Zeke (23), Bell (26), Fournette (23), McCaffrey (22), Gordon (25), Michel (23), Penny (22) Ronald Jones (21), McCoy (30), Alex Collins (24)

I bet I could get Gurley if I included McCaffrey or Fournette but who else would I add? Jeffrey?

Also have been trying for Cook but not sure what he'd want.  I'd guess I'd rank players I'd want as  Hopkins, Gurley, OBJ, Adams, Cook.

@Dan Hindery  Hey Dan, take a look at this thread, I always enjoy your latest 7/1/18 value chart. 

When you have a team that's in good shape, at what point do you stop sending 3-4 good players for one very good player to always stay ahead of the curve?

One of Gurley or Hopkins would be my main target

Then if I fail there secondary options of Allen, Adams, Cook.

I'm in a solid spot at RB as well.

I guess, what I'm trying to do is swing 3-4 players on my roster for the top 10 overall dynasty players.

RB:

Zeke (23), Bell (26), Fournette (23), McCaffrey (22), Gordon (25), Michel (23), Penny (22) Ronald Jones (21), McCoy (30), Alex Collins (24)

I bet I could get Gurley if I included McCaffrey or Fournette but who else would I add? Jeffrey?

Also have been trying for Cook but not sure what he'd want.  I'd guess I'd rank players I'd want as  Hopkins, Gurley, OBJ, Adams, Cook.
I don't think you are improving your team as much as  you would be improving your opponents at this point.  Typically I don't really care that I am improving my opponents team because the best way to trade (and keep a good trading partner) is to work win-win deals in some way.  However, in your situations you are absolutely stacked at the two positions that matter most.  You have sufficient young replacements that should pan out (and even if one or two don't you have plenty of chances). 

I think I hold tight and don't help any other teams unless something comes that you just can't refuse.  Your team is not fair to others.

I don't think you are improving your team as much as  you would be improving your opponents at this point.  Typically I don't really care that I am improving my opponents team because the best way to trade (and keep a good trading partner) is to work win-win deals in some way.  However, in your situations you are absolutely stacked at the two positions that matter most.  You have sufficient young replacements that should pan out (and even if one or two don't you have plenty of chances). 

I think I hold tight and don't help any other teams unless something comes that you just can't refuse.  Your team is not fair to others.
That’s a great answer.  I guess I will focus on somehow getting a value win according to the charts. 

Example:

AJG (24 points), Jeffrey (10)

id do for Hopkins (46) but obviously he won’t. 

If it’s closer in value I’ll stay put. 

AJG and Jeffrey for Allen 

34 vs 34

How many pieces is too much for Hopkins?

AJG. Jeffrey, Alex Collins, Cole

Antonio Brown, Jeffrey, Collins

I've had little luck shopping AJG, Jeffrey and McCoy all off-season for Adams, Hopkins, OBJ.
Why not simply ask the Hopkins owner what he would want for Hopkins? You could make offers all day long and he may not want to trade him for any reasonable price.  Or list his team so we can see what his needs are. 

@Dan Hindery  Hey Dan, take a look at this thread, I always enjoy your latest 7/1/18 value chart. 

When you have a team that's in good shape, at what point do you stop sending 3-4 good players for one very good player to always stay ahead of the curve?

One of Gurley or Hopkins would be my main target

Then if I fail there secondary options of Allen, Adams, Cook.
You have a few options. One is packaging up like you are trying. I think it definitely makes sense given your roster.

The other option that I like is actually packaging down for multiple high upside assets (or a 1-to-1 depending on the asset). So maybe that would be moving Alshon for a future 1st from a bad team where you're pretty sure it's going to end up in the top-5 overall. Or a future random 1st, plus a higher upside young guy like Golladay.

To oversimplify but put it in terms of the dynasty trade value chart, if you have a lot of depth, you can risk giving up a 9 for a player/pick with a 20% chance of eventually being a 45. This is a roundabout way of "packaging up" if you're making these type of moves consistently. 

For example, I made this trade last year where I gave up Julio and Brees for Sammy Watkins and a pick that was used on Saquon Barkley. It was giving up two established vet assets in exchange for a pair of young guys with more long-term upside. 

I made a trade this year along similar lines where I gave Tyreek Hill for a pick (R. Penny), Kenny Golladay and a future 2nd (that should be 2.01). Only made myself slightly younger, but I think it is another one of those deals where I risked giving up an established asset for a lot of upside. 

AJG, Jeffery and Cole is a reasonable offer for Keenan, but I prefer T. Hill at the same cost, or Cooks at a lesser price. 

Jeffery doesn't have too much of a market and AJ's is dwindling. Cole is not much more than a throw-in. Fine price to pay and certainly not an overpay. 

Users who are viewing this thread