What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (1 Viewer)

I want a Thrawn series. Perhaps the most underrated character in the Star Wars Universe. Did they every resolve his story or is it still ongoing?
It is not resolved.  They dropped in a hint of his story line continuing in the most recent Mandalorian episode and it seems fairly certain that he will be a plot point in the up coming Ahsoka tv series which will likely tie up his story line from Rebels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost definitely the villain in the Ashoka series. I’d bet on it. 
Didn't they also announce that there is gonna be a crossover of Mandalorian, Ashoka and the Rangers series down the road in a big climax. I am guessing that will involve Thrawn as well.

My son is super interested in clone wars and rebels now thanks to mandolorian and his buddies (my son, not mando)

ive put a schedule together that gets us thru season 5 by the time school starts again in January. Seasons 6 and 7 are short so they won’t take much time. Then on to rebels. 
Should be fun. 

My son is super interested in clone wars and rebels now thanks to mandolorian and his buddies (my son, not mando)

ive put a schedule together that gets us thru season 5 by the time school starts again in January. Seasons 6 and 7 are short so they won’t take much time. Then on to rebels. 
Should be fun. 
Sounds fun, care to share?  Maybe I can just pop by for a while?

Sounds fun, care to share?  Maybe I can just pop by for a while?
We will be following this order

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

For today Ive got everything until 303

23rd- 101-108

24th 109-115 and 117-121

25th 201-203, 217-219

26th 204-210

27th 211-222

28th 305-307, 302-304, 308 & 122

29th 309-311, 215, 312-314

30th 315-322

31st 401-410

1st 411-422

2nd 502-513, 501

3rd 514-520

Whether watching in air order, or chronological order, I assume it's best to watch Clone Wars before Rebels?

Do we know when Obi-Wan takes place?  Could it overlap with ep III so we get some of their adventures while Anakin is training? Or is it definitely after III and we'll get to what Obi-Wan  was doing while watching over Luke on Tatooine for those 18 years between III and IV?

This makes it set after Solo.  Could still see some characters cross over.  Most likely not Han or Chewie since they didn't seem to know Obi-Wan in ep IV.  Maybe Qi'Ra or Enfys Nest?  Crimson Dawn.
Feel like they could work in Maul somehow, but they’d have to work around his arc in clone wars and rebels

Should be fun. 
We just finished the night witch sisters storyline and I thought it was fantastic. Also sets up a special guess who at the end. Wonder when he makes his appearance. Really enjoying it so far. We are about a day behind my schedule because we travelled one day. 

Ok, just finished my Clone Wars and Rebels run. 
was a lot of fun and something I wish we had done before watching Mandolorian. Would have added to our enjoyment. 

Having said that, I really wish Filoni would have been given the keys to Disney’s go at it right away. I am not a hater of the new trilogy BUT, I don’t think they were that great (loved episode 7 and didn’t love the conclusion of it)

At this point, no sense in crying over spilled milk. I expect the Obi Wan and Ahsoka shows to be top notch just like Mando. 
If the Ahsoka show picks up where Rebels left off, that would be fantastic. 

I do have a question about the world between worlds. I have read articles saying that could be an opportunity to do a reset/parallel world. But I didn’t get a parallel world sense to it. I just saw a rewind time and change things type of thing. Did I miss the parallel world part of it. 

Ok, just finished my Clone Wars and Rebels run. 
was a lot of fun and something I wish we had done before watching Mandolorian. Would have added to our enjoyment. 

Having said that, I really wish Filoni would have been given the keys to Disney’s go at it right away. I am not a hater of the new trilogy BUT, I don’t think they were that great (loved episode 7 and didn’t love the conclusion of it)

At this point, no sense in crying over spilled milk. I expect the Obi Wan and Ahsoka shows to be top notch just like Mando. 
If the Ahsoka show picks up where Rebels left off, that would be fantastic. 

I do have a question about the world between worlds. I have read articles saying that could be an opportunity to do a reset/parallel world. But I didn’t get a parallel world sense to it. I just saw a rewind time and change things type of thing. Did I miss the parallel world part of it. 
I think online fanboys are hoping for a reset because they didn’t like the new trilogy/Ray. It’s almost certainly not going to happen. 

I liked 7-9 (loved 7, liked 8 a lot, 9 was fine but a mess) but yea Filoni would have made them better for sure. No guarantee we get Mando after that though. That’s a lot to put one person through. 

Watching all the SW movies with my daughter in the order they came out. She has been loving them. We hit Phantom Menace tonight. Out of all the weird stuff in the SW movies, the weirdest may still be that Padme would meet Anakin when he’s a little frightened kid and she is the queen of a planet and somehow she falls in love with him? It’s like falling in love with your little kid brother or something. So creepy. And JarJar is still as awful as I remember him being.

I also picked up one of the books for 99 cents. It was the young adult one on kindle. Figured even if it is awful, it’s a buck. 

Started watching suggested Clone Wars episodes with my kids to prep for Bad Batch, but are these necessary? We have a ton more to go and I know they're anxious to watch the first episode.

Using this guide, we're still in season 2

https://collider.com/best-star-wars-clone-wars-episodes-to-watch-before-bad-batch-disney-plus-show/
From what I remember, the bad batch were only in a few episodes (2-3) and had no real plot point except how cool they were. 
you might not know who the Jedi and padawan are but I think that is rebels focused. 
I think you can start bad batch and supplement with clone wars in between episodes. 

Clone Wars is worth watching for its own sake. Teach those young punks some patience! ;)
To be fair to them, they have watched Clone Wars numerous times. They know the episodes well enough to comment on whether they are precursors to The Bad Batch (Echo, plus whatever Bad Batch characters they added in season 7?). It's the adults that might be short changed. I agree with teaching patience, but it should be important and relies on if he adults need the background story to understand the new show.

The Bad Batch first episode was really good. 75 minutes and felt like a natural progression from clone wars. 
Golden Age gents
I finally watched episode 1 this morning.  That was really good.  I liked the overlap with the end of The Clone Wars. It didn’t register with me who the Jedi was but when the kid showed up the lightbulb went off.  Nice backstory for Rebels.  

Tarkin and the Kaminos fill in the backstory on Clones vs Stormtroopers.  It’s always about the money. 

New bad batch out today. I forgot about it, so it was good to see. 
A second episode this week?  Great!

I don't love that there are Star Wars X-Men essentially, but they are good characters and I am excited for the show to fill in some blanks between the Dawn of the Empire and the Battle of Yavin.

Not as great as Tuesday but definitely setting something up with Omega. Will be interesting to see what it is. 
the question I have is whether crosshairs will remain a villain or will they remove his inhibitor chip and set him free. 

on a side note: Disney plus has been fantastic. Really enjoying Mighty Ducks for what it is and enjoyed the first episode of the John Stamos basketball show. But I liked watching Good luck Charlie and Shake It Up so take it for what it’s worth. 

Been meaning to pop in say "The Bad Batch" is awesome  :thumbup:

ETA: One of my favorite characters is back, I knew who it was right away

drunken slob said:
Been meaning to pop in say "The Bad Batch" is awesome  :thumbup:

ETA: One of my favorite characters is back, I knew who it was right away
looks like he will be around for a while at this point too

This, if true will be amazing for the whole Star Wars universe going forward. Favreau and Filoni forever! What he's done for the MCU and now for Star Wars, I'm not sure there is a more impactful director/producer currently working.

This, if true will be amazing for the whole Star Wars universe going forward. Favreau and Filoni forever! What he's done for the MCU and now for Star Wars, I'm not sure there is a more impactful director/producer currently working.
And I have to tell you that they are both just really good people.  Love Star Wars.  And are super kind and genuine with the crew.  I can't share examples, because it could give away my friend's identity, but these guys are just down to earth.

Users who are viewing this thread