What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (1 Viewer)

And I have to tell you that they are both just really good people.  Love Star Wars.  And are super kind and genuine with the crew.  I can't share examples, because it could give away my friend's identity, but these guys are just down to earth.
I've watched most of his Chef show cooking show. He certainly seems like a genuine guy.

I think we are in for an incredible run of Star Wars content starting in December.  The kind of Star Wars stories we have been waiting for . . . 

On Obi-Wan from my source:  "This is probably the best series so far" and he worked on both Mando seasons and Book of Boba (which he said was going to "break the internet").  Obi-Wan is going to be like Rogue One, but more of what we loved . . . .

I think we are in for an incredible run of Star Wars content starting in December.  The kind of Star Wars stories we have been waiting for . . . 

On Obi-Wan from my source:  "This is probably the best series so far" and he worked on both Mando seasons and Book of Boba (which he said was going to "break the internet").  Obi-Wan is going to be like Rogue One, but more of what we loved . . . .
:popcorn:

Just so you know my guy isn't always blowing smoke up my butt, he has worked on stinkers like Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls, and I knew how bad it was going to be before seeing it anyway.

drunken slob said:
Another good Bad Batch episode   :bow:

:banned:
I need to watch the newest one, but I have not been really loving it.  I find myself on my phone and not really paying attention, which was not the case for Clone Wars (and certainly not for Mando).

I like it but these 20 minute episodes don’t really have a strong enough story to carry my interest from week to week (I would have felt the same about clone wars if I watched it during its initial run). I may just stop watching and binge the rest of it at the end of the season. 

I like it but these 20 minute episodes don’t really have a strong enough story to carry my interest from week to week (I would have felt the same about clone wars if I watched it during its initial run). I may just stop watching and binge the rest of it at the end of the season. 
yeah, I have been watching it in, umm, batches.  2 or 3 episodes at a time, take a few weeks, then do it again. 

I’ve enjoyed bad batch. I like that they are adding back story to rebels storylines. I feel like everything is being streamlined for the new shows and possible movies. But let’s be honest, who needs 2 hour movies when we can get 6-10 episode seasons. 

Yea bad batch is fine. Don’t love it, but it’s adding a lot of background like others have said. I feel like Omega is going to be a big deal in the franchise going forward somehow. 

does that mean some good Vader scenes?  :excited:

Yea bad batch is fine. Don’t love it, but it’s adding a lot of background like others have said. I feel like Omega is going to be a big deal in the franchise going forward somehow. 
I like Bad Batch and it looks amazing in 4K. didn't love the last episode, though. if I wanted to watch Rebels...well, I already did that.

Yeah curious what they do with her long term, I don’t really see any major character she could end up being but I guess she can carry a story for awhile 

With regard to Bad Batch. Not gonna get stoopid about details and such.

I just like the call-backs, along with the advancement of the Orion and Clone Squad story lines.

:banned:   

I’ve enjoyed bad batch. I like that they are adding back story to rebels storylines. I feel like everything is being streamlined for the new shows and possible movies. But let’s be honest, who needs 2 hour movies when we can get 6-10 episode seasons. 
Yeah, Filoni Star Wars is the best Star Wars.  I think Ahsoka's overall story is the best they've done.

Yeah, Filoni Star Wars is the best Star Wars.  I think Ahsoka's overall story is the best they've done.
And Maul.  What he did in TCW with him was fantastic.  You really were vested in what happened to these characters. 

Just so you know my guy isn't always blowing smoke up my butt, he has worked on stinkers like Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls, and I knew how bad it was going to be before seeing it anyway.
If this is on the CG side of things, the odds are very high that you and I both know this person. :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making my way through Bad Batch.  In episode 7, they're in a bar, and the drink dispensers are IG-88 heads, just like in New Hope... I really liked that.

I'm making my way through Bad Batch.  In episode 7, they're in a bar, and the drink dispensers are IG-88 heads, just like in New Hope... I really liked that.
Never noticed that.

I just cannot get into The Bad Batch.  I watch it, but it is dragging.

I followed my own advice and waited so I could binge the rest of the season - I think that was the right call. It was solid and I enjoyed it.  Easy recommend for those who liked Clone Wars/Rebels.

Star Wars: Visions is pretty cool. Mash up of non-canon star wars mixed with anime, the first episode "The Duel" was great.

Each short is only 14 - 18 minutes long.

I’m almost done with my re reading of the original Zahn trilogy which introduces us to Thrawn. I have the Thrawn series teed up and ready to go next. 
I think Disney really blew an opportunity to use that storyline for their new trilogy. I thought maybe they can use it as a Disney plus series but there is just too much that was ruined by the lates three movies. Bummer because it would have really been a great story for a series. 

I’m almost done with my re reading of the original Zahn trilogy which introduces us to Thrawn. I have the Thrawn series teed up and ready to go next. 
I think Disney really blew an opportunity to use that storyline for their new trilogy. I thought maybe they can use it as a Disney plus series but there is just too much that was ruined by the lates three movies. Bummer because it would have really been a great story for a series. 
Thrawn is a major character in the latter half of SW: Rebels, the animated show.  I liked that show.

it was so artistically done

Those books were the perfect sequel to the original trilogy.  Even before the Disney sale, it blew my mind that Lucas wouldn't just adapt the novels.

thecatch said:
Those books were the perfect sequel to the original trilogy.  Even before the Disney sale, it blew my mind that Lucas wouldn't just adapt the novels.
Lucas allowed the EU and enjoyed a lot of the material but he didn't always agree with the direction it went.

If you guys haven't checked out the 4k77 version of Star Wars (most popularly known as A New Hope), you should do so ASAP.  What those folks have done to "restore" the original version of the film is incredible.

It took a bit of figuring out to get it working for me, but it was worth the effort. If you have difficulty figuring it out, PM me. 

They've also done ROTJ and are working on Empire.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
My friend who worked on book of boba tells me episodes 1 and 2 are good. 3 is OK. 4-5 kinda average. And 6-7 pretty amazing. 
The first episode left me a little underwhelmed.  Hoping it picks up from here on out, but really hoping it doesn't take until Ep. 6 to do so. 

The first episode left me a little underwhelmed.  Hoping it picks up from here on out, but really hoping it doesn't take until Ep. 6 to do so. 
This was me.  It was fine but I was expecting something more.  Some of the scenes felt “cheap” - action, costumes, etc.   here’s to it picking up and fulfilling our nerd dreams.  

This was me.  It was fine but I was expecting something more.  Some of the scenes felt “cheap” - action, costumes, etc.   here’s to it picking up and fulfilling our nerd dreams.  
The Twi’Lek costumes bugged me because they looked like they were wearing headpieces instead of having natural tentacles or whatever they’re called (lekku apparently)

Users who are viewing this thread