What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (4 Viewers)

Sith ghost?  I can dig it
Obviously they can do whatever they want, but the SW  :nerd:  in me would say that only Jedi can come back as a force ghost. Something about giving up your life is the most selfless thing one can do, and that has something to do with becoming a force ghost, so sith can never come back as a ghost. It was a George Lucas rule, and one he talked about when discussing Anakin's 180 before dying in ep6. I read an interview with a writer from Rebels and he said they all had to adhere to that rule. But, whatever... they change things and do whatever they want a lot.

I think it may be more likely to be a Darth Maul type twist. We never actually saw him die, and we never saw Palpatine die. Maybe he's been hanging out inside that Death Star piece all these years. I just hope he's actually in it and this isn't a troll using some flashback scene or something stupid like that.

It was ok. I'm hopeful that with JJ back we can get a competent movie at least. I'd hate to be in the writing room where the conversation was "ok how do we fix the #### Rian left us?"

We get the feel good vibes if TFA flowing again. Lando, Palpatine, Leia, Luke. Hell bring Han back. IDC as long as the story is good and not a jumbled mess.

I think it may be more likely to be a Darth Maul type twist. We never actually saw him die, and we never saw Palpatine die. Maybe he's been hanging out inside that Death Star piece all these years. I just hope he's actually in it and this isn't a troll using some flashback scene or something stupid like that.
Everyone who "dies" by falling down a large open chute doesn't die.  We saw it with Maul, now confirmed with Palpatine. 

This can only mean that Captain Phasma will return in Star Wars 17 as a RoboDolphin with elite Empire training embedded in her DNA and is here to bring a new brutal rule to the Oceaniac floor.  

The back flip was awesome... Luke's talking... Lando!... broken Death Star... Leia... Palpatine!!!!... Rise of Skywalker!

Great trailer.

Who is the Skywalker that rises? Kylo, right? Rey? Luke?!
Lando and Leia's son Finn. That's why Lando is in the movie. Remember, he was a natural with the light saber and held his own against his half brother Ben for an untrained noob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pumped for this. 

Titanfall team, and KOTOR writer.

No multiplayer. No microtransactions.

Unreal engine, not that Frostbite ####. 

Single-player, story focused experience. 

Lead is Ian from Shameless. Pretty cool, kid can act.
Yes I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe they got the memo that we don't want terrible multiplayer selling nostalgia in 5 minute death matches.

That was great. 

And not just funny, as his non literal take on the title makes a lot of sense and fits in thematically with the title of 8.
That's what a lot of people are speculating. Kevin Smith thought it would be the new order of force users.

Everyone who "dies" by falling down a large open chute doesn't die.  We saw it with Maul, now confirmed with Palpatine. 

This can only mean that Captain Phasma will return in Star Wars 17 as a RoboDolphin with elite Empire training embedded in her DNA and is here to bring a new brutal rule to the Oceaniac floor.  
Mace ###### ####### Windu gonna be back and bringing the pain!

https://www.oculus.com/vader-immortal/?locale=en_US

Created by ILMxLab, Vader Immortal will be released May 21 for Oculus Quest followed by other Oculus headsets later this year. It tells a canon story set between Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One, and a few days after Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire (another VR experience at Void locations nationwide). You play a nameless, faceless smuggler who flies a ship called the Windfall with your trusty droid ZO-E3, voiced by Maya Rudolph. All is well in the galaxy until you’re captured by the Empire and brought to Darth Vader’s castle on Mustafar. There, you’ll end up face to face with Vader himself and he’ll task you with helping him find an ancient artifact—an artifact which he believes will help him conquer death itself.

Is there a Galaxy's Edge is a colossal failure thread?

Just wondering if it's an indicator that the Star Wars Universe is played out and dying?

Is there a Galaxy's Edge is a colossal failure thread?

Just wondering if it's an indicator that the Star Wars Universe is played out and dying?
I wouldn't say Star Wars is dying. People still love old Star Wars. Galaxy's Edge may have an issue where they tried to show all the new stuff with none of the familiar Star Wars people or places to avoid having to pay royalties to George Lucas.

https://youtu.be/3n3El923_Xo

Incidentally, this could be why we didn't get much screen time for the original heroes in the movies. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't say Star Wars is dying. People still love old Star Wars. Galaxy's Edge may have an issue where they tried to show all the new stuff with none of the familiar Star Wars people or places to avoid having to pay royalties to George Lucas.

https://youtu.be/3n3El923_Xo
Chewbacca and the Falcon are there like 30 feet when you walk in. 

All reservations for GE sold out in hours at Disney World. Don’t know what is going on in Anaheim. 

Users who are viewing this thread