What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (2 Viewers)

Lol I don’t think it’s been confirmed but I read it’s likely. 
Actually now that I think about it, the use of the app is tied to a cable subscription anyway. So you are already paying for it. So I doubt they get rid of it 

Actually now that I think about it, the use of the app is tied to a cable subscription anyway. So you are already paying for it. So I doubt they get rid of it 
I think I’m talking about something different. We have an app on his iPad that has like 2-3 free episodes of most series. I don’t think we are signed into our cable for that. But who knows! Either way they’ll get our money somehow. 

Disney is billing the release tonight as the final trailer for Rise of Skywalker.  Tickets will also go on sale after trailer is released sometime during the halftime of tonight's NFL game.

Stop, it looks awesome.

An armada of star destroyers? A super star destroyer rising out of hiding in the ocean? Come on. That has to get any star wars fan's heartbeat quickening. 
Maybe, if Abrams hadn't already pulled the same trick with the Enterprise.

This trailer does give me a new hope though that this may be decent.

If only the movies were as good as the adapted musical themes they use in the trailers. The soundtrack to the trailers have been awesome.

The trailer was good. But it's JJ. Lots of nostalgia bait. TFA and TLJ trailers we're good too. 

I'll wait for the download. First Star Wars film I'm not seeing in the theater. 

Aside from Solo but that movie sucked.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer was good. But it's JJ. Lots of nostalgia bait. TFA and TLJ trailers we're good too. 

I'll wait for the download. First Star Wars film I'm not seeing in the theater. 

Aside from Solo but that movie sucked.
I bet you get sucked into the hype and end up going. It's the last mainline Star Wars movie ever, even if you're unhappy with the direction they've taken with the series you really think you'll be able to resist?

I bet you get sucked into the hype and end up going. It's the last mainline Star Wars movie ever, even if you're unhappy with the direction they've taken with the series you really think you'll be able to resist?
Nah. TLJ took that from me. I have no problem sitting this one out. 

If my kids ask me to go, I'll take them but I'm not bringing it up to them.  

Nah. TLJ took that from me. I have no problem sitting this one out. 

If my kids ask me to go, I'll take them but I'm not bringing it up to them.  
It’s kinda odd you allow one movie to have that much control over you. Ok so you didn’t like it, maybe you’ll like this one. What are you out, 10 bucks?   :shrug:  

My son works at an AMC. He asked last night if I wanted him to buy advanced tickets as he had a head start on them.

I said no with no regrets.

I'll see it in the theater, sure. But I'm I'm no hurry.

It’s kinda odd you allow one movie to have that much control over you. Ok so you didn’t like it, maybe you’ll like this one. What are you out, 10 bucks?   :shrug:  
I'm out nothing if I wait till it comes out on digital service. I don't want to see where the story goes from TLJ.

Only way they'd bring me back in is if Ep9 started with Rey waking up from a nap and said "huh that was weird." Then Luke walks by doing some Jedi stuff and Ackbar is leading the resistance. Even Holdo could come back wearing a normal uniform and being a competent officer. If JJ wrote it like TLJ was just a weird vision for Rey and it never happened then picked up where TFA left off (but a year later) then I'd be interested in it.

I'm out nothing if I wait till it comes out on digital service. I don't want to see where the story goes from TLJ.

Only way they'd bring me back in is if Ep9 started with Rey waking up from a nap and said "huh that was weird." Then Luke walks by doing some Jedi stuff and Ackbar is leading the resistance. Even Holdo could come back wearing a normal uniform and being a competent officer. If JJ wrote it like TLJ was just a weird vision for Rey and it never happened then picked up where TFA left off (but a year later) then I'd be interested in it.
I mean no offense but I’m super glad you aren’t writing this movie. 

My son works at an AMC. He asked last night if I wanted him to buy advanced tickets as he had a head start on them.

I said no with no regrets.

I'll see it in the theater, sure. But I'm I'm no hurry.
Same, I literally waited until the last weekend Solo was in theaters (although I didn't think it was as bad as everyone said once I saw it.) I'll go see this one just to see it on the big screen, but no hurry and I'll wait until I can catch it on a matinee or discount Tuesday or something. Rogue was awesome, TLJ terrible and I am sure I'm in the minority but I thought TFA sucked too.

Buckna said:
Same, I literally waited until the last weekend Solo was in theaters (although I didn't think it was as bad as everyone said once I saw it.) I'll go see this one just to see it on the big screen, but no hurry and I'll wait until I can catch it on a matinee or discount Tuesday or something. Rogue was awesome, TLJ terrible and I am sure I'm in the minority but I thought TFA sucked too.
Rogue was awesome.

TLJ sucked.

Solo sucked.

TFA was ok. Was decent start to something even with the rehashing. TLJ just ruined everything from it.

I like the fans who prefer their own fanfiction to what they obviously consider to be Rian Johnson's. 

I would have preferred some obvious universally agreed-upon head scratchers from that movie were different too. It's not gonna cause me to not go see how they brought back Emperor Palpatine and how it all ends. Too big a part of my life up to now. 

I know there's disagreement on this, but most of the content and story beats from the prequels were way worse and Lucas wrote those himself. 

I like the fans who prefer their own fanfiction to what they obviously consider to be Rian Johnson's. 

I would have preferred some obvious universally agreed-upon head scratchers from that movie were different too. It's not gonna cause me to not go see how they brought back Emperor Palpatine and how it all ends. Too big a part of my life up to now. 

I know there's disagreement on this, but most of the content and story beats from the prequels were way worse and Lucas wrote those himself. 
The main plots and dialogue from the E1&2 were underwhelming but they were coherent. The draw of the Prequels was the setting and the world building. You felt like you were in a galactic civilization that was at war. Each planet felt new and interesting. It had a thriving populace and an intricate economy, environment and political structure. You felt people were living in this world as every day citizens trying to get by and seeing how they were impacted by all that was going on around them. 

Lucas created this universe very well. He just couldn't put together a grand over arcing story for E1-3. What we got was pretty solid though.

Users who are viewing this thread