What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Phillip Lindsay, IND (2 Viewers)

Interseptopus

Footballguy
This is likely a long shot, but if he makes the team it's better to be ahead of the game than behind. 

Married into being a Colorado Buffaloes fan, I've watched him a few times and been a fan. He joins Denver as an UDFA and has a bit of buzz around him. here are his stats:

5'8, 190

4.39 40 (behind only Hines by 0.01)

His vertical also was identical to Hines

Played all 51 games (durable) during his 4 years. 4859 yards from scrimmage, 2nd all time rushing yards at CU. and 36 scores, with a 9.1 yards per catch avg for his career. 11.1 yards per catch in 2017, 9th among RBs with at least 20 receptions. 

Yes I know, Denver traded up to spend a 3rd rounder on Freeman. Why would we think Lindsay would threaten him? 

He's being compared to Chris Thompson. When you look at the other backs in Denver, no one else brings the unique skill set he does. 

Freeman is more of a powerful runner. Booker kind of does it all, but gets what he's given. I could see a 1-2 down role for Freeman and Lindsay taking the passing downs. 

What I like about Lindsay is hes a dynamic playmaker with good hands, speed, and acceleration. furthermore, he breaks tackles. he has a legitimate shot at making the team, and if he does hes someone I think is worth discussing as possibly carving out a receiving role in this offense. 

maybe all he becomes is a special teamer, or nothing, but if you have room to stash him you could do worse! 

Last edited by a moderator:
He was drafted in my league by a guy with a thing for Denver backs. I'll keep an eye on him during our cutdown day. I'm a big believer in collecting third down backs for flex roles. 

Henderson has the same kind of receiving skills and electifying moves, but even though Henderson is 1” shorter, he’s almost 20 lbs heavier.  Lindsay is going to have to be strong on special teams to even make the team, but I’m guessing barring injuries ahead of him at RB that he’ll end up on the Practice Squad.

Thank you for posting this. I hadn't heard about him, and he's the kind of player you want on your radar while the rest of your league isn't paying attention. 

Thank you for posting this. I hadn't heard about him, and he's the kind of player you want on your radar while the rest of your league isn't paying attention. 
exactly why I did. hes a long shot. Henderson can catch, as mentioned above, but he's been in trouble a bit. I'm not sure I can count on Elway to abandon a 3rd round pick after 1 season but maybe if Lindsay impresses. Denver likes Lindsay a lot. signed him within 30 minutes of the draft and some positive buzz about him. 

People are stoked about Hines, and Lindsay is somewhat in the same mold. he could always latch on somewhere else too if he gets cut. 

Nobody was panicking.  Putting up information that you can’t support is a bad habit.  It’s not unreasonable to ask you to show some care before posting.

Fun guy to watch in college. Nice compliment of physical attributes. A little bit older but good enough to track. I have a hard time distinguishing him over the litany of other RB’s with similar frames and skills (Cannon, Scott, Webb).

I feel like you have to take these small guys' positive camp reports with a grain of salt....almost always they are role players at best.
I mean, Von Miller was the one saying he should probably be their third down back and was uncoverable.  :shrug:  Considering he’s maybe the most athletic LB in the league it means something.

I mean, Von Miller was the one saying he should probably be their third down back and was uncoverable.  :shrug:  Considering he’s maybe the most athletic LB in the league it means something.
Lindsay is going to be Hines 2.0. Trying to keep this quiet for now... let's see if we can move this thread to page 2 for at least 10 days. 

Sure, he has 3rd down back upside...I'll give him that.  

Zac Stevens @ZacStevensBSN

Vance Joseph said he’s pleased with the running backs “especially in pass protection.” Vance then pointed directly to Phillip Lindsay doing a good job in that area

12:08 PM - Aug 1, 2018 · Dove Valley, CO

See Zac Stevens's other Tweets

Zac Stevens @ZacStevensBSN

Vance Joseph said he’s pleased with the running backs “especially in pass protection.” Vance then pointed directly to Phillip Lindsay doing a good job in that area

12:08 PM - Aug 1, 2018 · Dove Valley, CO

See Zac Stevens's other Tweets
lol was trying not to post this until next Monday. shhhhh

104.3 The FAN@1043TheFan

“He has gone, in four days, from an interesting local story … to this guy could be the starter for the Broncos at running back, not just a satellite back.” – @CecilLammey

READ MORE: http://ow.ly/gwwK30leSFF

10:58 AM - Aug 2, 2018

Cecil Lammey✔@CecilLammey

This is a talented backfield the #Broncos have assembled ....and rookie Phillip Lindsay clearly belongs.

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/1025048491628920833

Cecil Lammey✔@CecilLammey

Future of the #Broncos backfield right here. Royce and Lindsay have wowed fans at #BroncosCamp @1043TheFan

10:19 AM - Aug 5, 2018

Had a good night tonight rushing, receiving and as a kr

Came in after Freeman as the 3rd rb btw

:thumbup:

I love me some Phillip Lindsay. I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Broncos try to trade Booker or Henderson to Washington before the start of the year. 

“We’re definitely going to have some things planned for Phillip,” predicted Von Miller, who sees Lindsay carving a niche in a diverse backfield that includes veteran Devontae Booker, second-year speedster De’Angelo Henderson and rookie draft picks Royce Freeman of Oregon and David Williams of Arkansas.”

Handcuff? Hustle take over? RBBC? 

Tex

Until I see educated decisions made regarding time in the DEN backfield, I’d say bona fide CF.

I've heard non stop good things about him since they added him. He looked great in game action. He's gonna have a role for sure. Denver has a lot of talent at RB. They probably will make a trade. He had a probable role as a punt returner, however, Mckenzie looked good last night so we will see.

James Koh✔@JamesDKoh

Phillip Lindsay is the real deal. Reports are the #Broncos are designing specific plays to utilize his clear playmaking ability. Probably won't see enough volume to be fantasy viable but great for the overall health of Denver's offense

10:42 PM - Aug 11, 2018

James Koh✔@JamesDKoh

Phillip Lindsay is the real deal. Reports are the #Broncos are designing specific plays to utilize his clear playmaking ability. Probably won't see enough volume to be fantasy viable but great for the overall health of Denver's offense

10:42 PM - Aug 11, 2018
This was my suspicion for him. Kind of like a Dexter McCluster sort of guy who has specific plays designed for him. Will have a huge week followed by 3 not even worth rostering. 

I can see him potentially carving out a larger role 1-2 years down the line if they can move on from Booker and company. 

It's hard not to cheer for the guy. He's a very hard worker, local kid, very determined. I love stories like this. 

Zac Stevens@ZacStevensBSN

Phillip Lindsay could have a bigger role in the Broncos’ offense than most think.

Bill Musgrave on the rookie:

“He can catch, but he’s also a good runner as we know—not just an outside runner, but he seems to have pretty good instincts on those inside runs as well.”

1:54 PM - Aug 14, 2018

Phillip Lindsay rushed five times for 31 yards and hauled in his only target for 18 yards in the Broncos' third preseason game.

Lindsay worked as the clear No. 3 back on Friday night, handling eight of the 33 snaps Case Keenum played. The undrafted rookie will struggle to create fantasy value behind Royce Freeman and Devontae Booker, but he appears to be next in line if something happens to either one.

Aug 24 - 10:17 PM

I am a CU Buff alumni so obviously biased. I would love to see Denver trade away Booker or Henderson to give him a shot at fantasy relevance but with that crowded backfield it will be tough to draft him but he is a player to keep on waiver wire speed dial if something were to happen to one of the other guys.

I am a CU Buff alumni so obviously biased. I would love to see Denver trade away Booker or Henderson to give him a shot at fantasy relevance but with that crowded backfield it will be tough to draft him but he is a player to keep on waiver wire speed dial if something were to happen to one of the other guys.
What was the knock on him as far as getting drafted...was it his size?

Users who are viewing this thread