What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Opportunity - Kevin Dodd (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
Released by TEN today.  He was a horrible fit at OLB and could really benefit from a fresh start.  My waivers run tomorrow so he shouldn't generate any interest before that and should go for min bid.  I have a claim in and hope he ends up in a 4-3 somewhere.  The dude was a train wreck but he was a first round talent (pick 2.2) and has some physical talent, maybe he can unlock something in a new situation.  Jax might be interesting, Fowler is in his final contract year, it's a division rival which seems to happen so much, and Calais Campbell is getting real long in the tooth. 

Released by TEN today.  He was a horrible fit at OLB and could really benefit from a fresh start.  My waivers run tomorrow so he shouldn't generate any interest before that and should go for min bid.  I have a claim in and hope he ends up in a 4-3 somewhere.  The dude was a train wreck but he was a first round talent (pick 2.2) and has some physical talent, maybe he can unlock something in a new situation.  Jax might be interesting, Fowler is in his final contract year, it's a division rival which seems to happen so much, and Calais Campbell is getting real long in the tooth. 
He skipped the final portion of the Titan 'voluntary' off season workouts with a new coaching staff who said they wanted to give him a fresh start and where Vrabel said he was going to carve out a new role specifically for him to earn as a DE in the 4-3 but then he did not report to camp.

You have to wonder about his head space.  Dallas showed pre-draft interest and they have taken chances but they have also gotten burned. 

Many think Belichick can polish turds but does he seeks out head cases?  Bill would get the inside scoop from Vrabel on whatever issues Dodd is dealing with. 

Detroit just put Anzah on the PUP but their is that Patricia Pat connection with Vrabel so I doubt Vrabel would give glowing reports on a 1st round pick he just cut.

Someone suggested the Ravens figuring a huge upside with little risk based on his raw physical skills.

He was a 1st round pick so their is something their but it 'seemed' like Vrabel was talking him up and trying to find the best way to use him.  

Where do you think his 'best' position is and which team would be a good fit?

He wasn't quite a first round pick, he went 2.2.  But yeah, big investment but this feels like Vrabel trying too hard to play the Belichik "I don't care who you are you do it my way or you go" card.

Vrabel's history is with the 3-4, are they going to a true full-on 4-3?  I have no interest in DE's in hybrid schemes nor any 3-4 team.  That doesn't leave a lot of options but that's the gamble part, and thus the minimum bid part.  I'm not giving up anything beyond one of the lottery tickets I budget for every year.

I already said I like JAX and I would be good with IND too.  They have taken a lot of shots at the position but they also don't have anything definitive to show yet.  Seattle's lost two formerly productive vets and not a lot of established talent there.

He wanted a fresh start. He didn't show at all. I think his head is fine. He was honest and up front with JRob and Vrabel about his disinterest and that's not an easy conversation to have. He has always been rehabbing something. I didn't think he still had his speed last year. On one play he did but for the most part he looked like he lost it. To date Sean Spence is the only player to ever overcome that injury and be productive.

The Titans will do the same as Lebeau did as far as sets. Base 3-4 but a lot of 4-3 and 5-2 looks. Call the 5 what ya want, their weak D line needs OLBs on it at times. 

Morgan switching back to DE talk has gone away but yet in shorts he is at the line often. They only have one nose and he's more DT like. Essentially they have Casey and athletes so Pres will have to find a way to have enough of a presence and yet still offer his creativity with a highly talented secondary. I mean their best set will be dime D so we'll have to see. 

Dodd played like 2 years of football. He was an awful choice to convert. Carraway and Wallace have been praised while Landry is wet behind the ears but a special athlete. Brown can bounce around and play OLB especially if an obvious coverage down. 

The DL needs gems. They have plenty of athletes that Dodd wouldn't beat out unless he was his old self. 

He needs a DE spot in a 4-3 for a chance. I don't know that he will make it but he always did whatever was asked of him and the staff often mentioned his work ethic. The guy tried to be an OLB it just wasn't him. 

Users who are viewing this thread