What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players Moving Up Your Personal Rankings (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
Here are mine and why.

Anthony Miller - I like what I'm hearing out of Bears camp.

Sony Michel - running with the 1s...that's what I needed to see because I know the talent is there

Chris Carson - Penny was the most overdrafted and overvalued RB based on everything I saw from this kid's college tape...looks great in space but I anticipate he'll be terrible after contact and in between the tackles in the NFL...give me Carson whom we know can excel on early downs.

Peyton Barber - Sounds like he's going to get a respectable workload and I've never been a Ronald Jones fan

Sam Bradford - He's nearly free in best balls and is in the drivers seat for the starting gig

Lamar Miller - Looks to be refocused and foreman likely on PUP

Isaiah Crowell - Competition fading

Sam Darnold - it sounds like the Jets are looking for excuses to make him the starter and his weapons are underrated

Joe Williams/Matt Breida - I have been down on McKinnon from the very beginning and am not surprised from the positive Breida/Williams reports

Jordan Reed - I have to believe that Jordan is motivated to stay healthy in a contract year, I like what I'm hearing

Sammy Watkins - what can I say, I've been a truther...top 5 upside at WR30 price tag

Cameron Meredith - Love what I'm hearing from Saints camp

Martavis Bryant - the most impressive WR in Raiders camp

Dalvin Cook - All reports positive, I've done a 180 here as I had doubts

Quincy Enunwa - spot is more secure than I initially anticpated

Kenny Britt - Mitchell trade block rumors leaves opportunity and Britt may be best positioned to take advantage

Trent Taylor - starting spot more secure than I ancitpated

Mike Gisecki - Appears to be on the right side of coach sentiment

Michael Gallup - I finally got around to watching more of his college tape...blew me away

Last edited by a moderator:
Darnold hasn’t even shown up to training camp yet because he hasn’t signed his contract. I don’t see how he could be move up.

Edit: Bridgewater is getting reps and has Pro Bowl potential. I feel like Darnolds stock should be going down.

Marshawn Lynch.
Devontae Booker.

Anytime you can get a lead back as cheap as these guys, you actively target them. I'm going to load up on WR early because I know I can get starting runningbacks XYZ in rounds 123.

Darnold hasn’t even shown up to training camp yet because he hasn’t signed his contract. I don’t see how he could be move up.

Edit: Bridgewater is getting reps and has Pro Bowl potential. I feel like Darnolds stock should be going down.
I'l be more concerned if this lasts a few more days.  The Jets are ridiculous.

@TripItUp good list. agree with almost all of them. 

A few more for me:

Andrew Luck, T.Y. Hilton and Deon Cain-  Early returns on Luck's health seem like a best-case scenario so far. He moves up and it helps boost the value of his WRs. Cain seems like a possible draft steal and is quietly in a dream landing spot if Luck is truly back.

John Ross- I've been targeting him in the last round of best ball drafts for a couple months, mostly on homerish hope. But he's been making a lot of plays early in camp and the competition for the #2 WR isn't intimidating. 

Jarvis Landry- I don't know what to make of all the Josh Gordon stuff but his absence combined with Cleveland sniffing around Dez makes me think this is a bigger issue than some are treating it (I don't understand how JG is still going in round 4). Potentially opens the door for Landry to be the go-to guy. 

Josh Allen- Like him for superflex dynasty leagues. Early reports are mostly positive and he's an athletic guy who is going to put up some fantasy numbers with his legs. 

J'Mon Moore- Not really buying Geronimo Allison as the #3 in GB. Moore seems like the logical guy to take that job and seems to be having a nice start to his offseason.

Corey Davis- A little bit boom/bust at his ADP but starting to buy into the upside more and more as he looks like the clear top guy (and Rishard Matthews is hurt). 

A few RBs moving up slightly:

Phillip Lindsay- Seems like he could be this year's Austin Ekeler. Not a ton of value in that role but at least is on the radar in deeper PPR leagues.

Kerryon Johnson- Lions offense might end up being really good this year if the OL makes a leap forward. Johnson looks like the biggest bargain of the rookie backs.

Leonard Fournette- He's been my go-to pick in the mid-late 1st and feeling even better about that after the glowing reports of how he looks after slimming down a little bit. 

Here are mine and why.

Sony Michel - running with the 1s...that's what I needed to see because I know the talent is there

Chris Carson - Penny was the most overdrafted and overvalued RB based on everything I saw from this kid's college tape...looks great in space but I anticipate he'll be terrible after contact and in between the tackles in the NFL...give me Carson whom we know can excel on early downs.

Joe Williams- I have been down on McKinnon from the very beginning and am not surprised from the positive Breida/Williams reports

Sammy Watkins - what can I say, I've been a truther...top 5 upside at WR30 price tag

Dalvin Cook - All reports positive, I've done a 180 here as I had doubts
Agree with those a lot .  Will add Tevin Coleman (one injury away from being RB1 for teams) 

McCoy - don't think the Bills o-line will be that much worse and the PPR points will be there because of what happened last month.

Paul Richardson apparently developed some chemistry with Smith so far in camp. As much as people don't want to hear it, Peyton Barber, Devantae Booker, and Chris Carson might cure rookie fever. 

A few off your list:

Peyton Barber: I bought him as quick as I could before camp started. Not a huge Jones fan but I always figured Barber would at least get GL carries

Anthony Miller: He's going to creep into round 1 of rookie drafts if he hasn't already

Michael Gallup: He's going to also impress a lot of people this year

Dalvin Cook: I'm cautiously optimistic

Sammy Watkins: I sold early this spring, regretting it, I sold cheap if the hype is real

Chris Carson: I was always high on him

Lamar Miller: As early as Wednesday or Thursday I was dogging him. Starting to come around after a few reports from over the weekend. Keeping an eye on him. He went from worthless in my mind to possibly I was completely wrong 

Some of my own: 

James Washington: A lot of people see a crowded WR group, I see lots of opportunity for relevancy in 2018 equal to what JuJu did

Dion Lewis: Just sold him for Anthony Miller, but I think he continues to move up the charts. a RB2 for a RB3/4 price tag

J'Mon Moore: Finally people are listening :) I saw this happening a long time ago. I firmly believe he will start opposite Adams with Cobb in the slot

John Brown all day.  Making play after play in camp connecting with a rejuvenated Flacco.  WR79 available in the last few rounds of BB drafts.  To heck with Snead, Brown might outperform Crabtree. :yes:

Andrew Luck - if he’s finally healthy, the guy is a Top 5 QB

Jay Ajayi - one year removed from a 1400/8 season, now the lead back behind a monster OL.

Alex Collins - when he started getting the majority of snaps last year, he was an RB1.

Julio Jones - may sound silly since he has a high 2nd round ADP.  But he’s getting dinged on TD’s...I suspect the Falcons will want to have his back.

Jordan Reed - people just forget how good this guy is.  If he gets hurt, then you go run of the mill at TE which isn’t that far away from the Tier 2 guys.

Not so much moving up but ive been on the Pettis bandwagon and i like what ive heard from camp thus far. Think hes being undervalued.

K. Drake

Matt Ryan

T. Coleman

have to admit it , A. Luck looks OK so far..long way to go yet, but it's promising. 

C. Hogan - will Edelman even be anything close to what he was before the suspension and injury? doubtful. Mitchell is on the trade block. Amendola is gone. who's left? Hogan.could be the cheapest 90+ rec guy out there!!

Jordan Howard - I don't believe the Cohen love he's too small to make more than a dent in RB production. Thus far in camp , MT is throwing INTs like crazy..if that continues ( and it probably will) , they'll heavily rely on the run game and J. Howard is going to be a 20+ carry/gm guy. he can carry the mail all day long

Crowell - lots of talent, decent offense, should be a solid RB in a Jets Uni.

Eagles RB C. Clement - the more they talk up Ajayi,the more I believe in Clement. late round sleeper potential. Faith in Ajayi, is sketchy at best..Clement is loaded with talent AND an opportunity.

Doug Martin - sounds like he likes the Offense, saying it's the best line he's played behind. I know he's only good in even numbered years, following a lunar eclpise and the discovery of water on Mars, but there's simply no tread left on Lynch's tires, he was worse last year than his last season in Seattle. he simply has hit the RB wall, worse than Emmitt Smith in Az. something HAS to give, and DM has some opportunity here. not saying he's going to produce, but if EVER there was a time to do so, it is now..

S. Shepherd - this is the Anti OBJ pick , but I think OBJ either flips out again or gets a suspension for some stupid reason..I just dont see him finishing the year..his rec/gm and yards/gm have gone downward since he came in the league. every.single.season.

D. Cook

J. Reed

Julio Jones

You clearly have your mind made up on Michel and I won’t  e able to talk you out of it. 

But Michel is not regularly running with the ones. They just recently tried him with / mixed him in with the ones. He’s been all over the place. He had a nifty 50 yard run. But he’s fumbled at least once every day in camp so far. 

I also know how little you like Burkhead, but he has gotten rave reviews as the most consistent and can do everything back in the backfield. The consensus is he will lead the team in TD’s. 

I reiterate that B.B. brings rookies along slowly at all positions and if Michel has any hint of not being able to pass protect he is not going to get anywhere near the workload you think he will get. 

But carry on. 

Anthony Miller - hard to ignore at this point

Tyler Eifert

John Brown (taking the injury risk)

Quincy Enunwa

Jamison Crowder

Deon Cain

Taywan Taylor if Matthews is banged up this season

Martavis Bryant

Devontae Booker - still would take Freeman over him, but Booker may have some value in PPR leagues

Corey Davis - I'm buying into the hype, find myself taking him over guys like Tate, Landry, Crabtree

You clearly have your mind made up on Michel and I won’t  e able to talk you out of it. 

But Michel is not regularly running with the ones. They just recently tried him with / mixed him in with the ones. He’s been all over the place. He had a nifty 50 yard run. But he’s fumbled at least once every day in camp so far. 

I also know how little you like Burkhead, but he has gotten rave reviews as the most consistent and can do everything back in the backfield. The consensus is he will lead the team in TD’s. 

I reiterate that B.B. brings rookies along slowly at all positions and if Michel has any hint of not being able to pass protect he is not going to get anywhere near the workload you think he will get. 

But carey on. 
I agree that Michel might be brought along slowly, but my opinion is that Burkhead is not in the same stratosphere of talent.  How long it takes that talent to shine through is the tricky part.

Michel has Corey Dillon talent and is more talented than Blount, and we know what both of those guys did in this offense...they won fantasy leagues.

If I'm forecasting how this plays out, I'm expecting Michel to be the "lead back" by week 8ish, meaning he'll have the most touches and most fantasy points of all the Pats backs the second half of the season. 

Burkhead is a nice role player, but that's all that he is and he has proven that he can't take a large workload.  

Anthony Miller - hard to ignore at this point

Tyler Eifert

John Brown (taking the injury risk)

Quincy Enunwa

Jamison Crowder

Deon Cain

Taywan Taylor if Matthews is banged up this season

Martavis Bryant

Devontae Booker - still would take Freeman over him, but Booker may have some value in PPR leagues

Corey Davis - I'm buying into the hype, find myself taking him over guys like Tate, Landry, Crabtree
Agree with most of these.  

Still not sold on Davis at his ADP of 6.02 ahead of guys like crabtree and Watkins.

I'll never be a Booker guy, he's not good at NFL football.

Crowder has limited ceiling for his 7.10 ADP, I'd rather have Cobb, Funchess and Anderson just to name a few WRs that are going after Crowder.

Kenny Stills WR (Miami): I feel like he's kind of gotten shoved under the radar a bit because people are simply too hyped on Parker's talent and the arrival of Amendola. Kind of reminds me of the way people thought of Marvin Jones prior to his 2017 breakout.

Mike Williams WR (LA Chargers): Very talented coming out as a rookie but dealt with injuries all year. Feel like he's the perfect kind of "rookie" who may be forgotten about in Year 2 but who could explode if the situation falls right with Hunter Henry out for the year and is a Keenan Allen injury away from having a far bigger role in an offense known for its passing ability.

Kenny Stills WR (Miami): I feel like he's kind of gotten shoved under the radar a bit because people are simply too hyped on Parker's talent and the arrival of Amendola. Kind of reminds me of the way people thought of Marvin Jones prior to his 2017 breakout.

Mike Williams WR (LA Chargers): Very talented coming out as a rookie but dealt with injuries all year. Feel like he's the perfect kind of "rookie" who may be forgotten about in Year 2 but who could explode if the situation falls right with Hunter Henry out for the year and is a Keenan Allen injury away from having a far bigger role in an offense known for its passing ability.
I'm all over Stills...he's on half of my best balls and the negative Parker news only strengthens my conviction....love me some Stills.

Mike Williams I'm on the fence...I need to see/hear more.  

Emmanual Sanders- due to injuries and horrible QB play Sanders had a bad year last year and most have moved him way down this off season. Sounds like he and Keenum are really connecting and in sync. He has exceeded ADP every year but last year, he makes a great value #3 WR in fantasy.

Tannehill- great #3 QB in superflex leagues that can be had cheap. I think Gase will bring out the best in him this year.

Clay- the best non McCoy receiving target on the team

Ebron- may be the TE 1A Colts TE to Doyle being 1B and 2nd receiving option for the Colts. I just landed him as the #19 TE off the board. He has improved every year he has been in the league.

Other players listed I agree with- A. Miller, Reed

Burkhead is a nice role player, but that's all that he is and he has proven that he can't take a large workload.  
8 TDs in 10 games last year with over 500 combined yards. I don't think at his ADP (92 in a PPR) you would draft him as a workhorse but he is a perfect Zero-RB target or a RB3/RB4 with a more traditional approach. He is going 40 picks after Michel right now. 

Robbie Anderson should be on this list. He is being drafted as a WR 4 or WR5 and he is going to be a WR3 and possibly a back end WR2.

Derrick Henry. Feel like this is the year the training wheels come off for the Heisman. The guy is a physical freak at the position. Guys his size play linebacker, lol. Not Brandon Jacobs big but maybe later in his career he can put on 20 lbs and be a lazy big man, lol.

Tarik Cohen- They have a plan for him. He's killing camp. Everytime he was given enough touches he produced last year. Flex starter with RB2 upside. 

I like your list, @TripItUp. I'm with you on several of them. I know we disagree on some other spots. My own list:

Derek Carr - I think Gruden is *much* better than he is getting credit for right now and that Carr will bounce back.

Joe Mixon - this might be a stretch, and I don't own him anywhere, but I do like his situation and talent. And I've heard rumblings like maybe I could buy "low" right now. He has moved up a bit for me based on my perception that his value has cooled. IDK.

J'mon Moore - I'm a little excited about him, in that if he emerges, it's possible he overtakes Cobb for workload, plus Cobb may leave next year. Personally I still think there is room for an *additional* Packer WR to emerge and be FF relevant (if Cobb leaves).

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - I think he could do very well in Jax both in the RZ *and* between the 20s. I think the FF world has the completely wrong take about his previous season with the Jets. I'm not stoked about the Jaguars situation but I think it's better than people are valuing and I like him as my TE2.

Chubb - I can't shake this sense that the Browns take a major step this year and that Chubb is a part of it, especially in the last half of the year.

I also like Derrick Henry and Corey Davis quite a bit, as well as Kittle and McKinnon. Guess that means I should move Mariota up a bit. I also like Cooper quite a bit, even though I know Trip doesn't.

I like your list, @TripItUp. I'm with you on several of them. I know we disagree on some other spots. My own list:

Derek Carr - I think Gruden is *much* better than he is getting credit for right now and that Carr will bounce back.

Joe Mixon - this might be a stretch, and I don't own him anywhere, but I do like his situation and talent. And I've heard rumblings like maybe I could buy "low" right now. He has moved up a bit for me based on my perception that his value has cooled. IDK.

J'mon Moore - I'm a little excited about him, in that if he emerges, it's possible he overtakes Cobb for workload, plus Cobb may leave next year. Personally I still think there is room for an *additional* Packer WR to emerge and be FF relevant (if Cobb leaves).

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - I think he could do very well in Jax both in the RZ *and* between the 20s. I think the FF world has the completely wrong take about his previous season with the Jets. I'm not stoked about the Jaguars situation but I think it's better than people are valuing and I like him as my TE2.

Chubb - I can't shake this sense that the Browns take a major step this year and that Chubb is a part of it, especially in the last half of the year.

I also like Derrick Henry and Corey Davis quite a bit, as well as Kittle and McKinnon. Guess that means I should move Mariota up a bit. I also like Cooper quite a bit, even though I know Trip doesn't.
Good list.

I like Prescott and Alex Smith more than Carr at his current ADP.

I have a ton of best ball shares of ASJ and Mixon.  

Can't get on board with Chubb...Hyde is a good RB and Duke Johnson locked in as 3rd down back....very little upside here without an injury.

I like Henry in standards not in ppr.  

I hate McKinnon.

Davis feels a bit overvalued to me as previously mentioned.

Even if he holds Pettis off, which I doubt, Trent Taylor would still be behind Garcon, Goodwin, Kittle and McKinnon for touches. I like the 49ers offense going forward, but it can't support 5 guys. 

Even if he holds Pettis off, which I doubt, Trent Taylor would still be behind Garcon, Goodwin, Kittle and McKinnon for touches. I like the 49ers offense going forward, but it can't support 5 guys. 
Yeah, he is only a play in deep PPR best balls...he had a decent stretch with Garcon injured last year and the coaching staff seems to really like him.

Couple guys I like more then most people:

Tarik Cohen: just mentioned earlier today, mostly just in PPR leagues as he should catch enough balls and have the big plays to possibly finish in the top 24 of RBs. Definitely not a top back but a good one to grab if you miss out on the top ones and went WR heavy first.

Cameron Meredith: also mentioned already but had plently of time to heal from the ACL tear. On a good offense that definitely has targets available and as long as he gets open brees will throw it his direction. His finish in 2016 was a lot better then I think most people remember so as long as brees is there could have some nice seasons

Will Fuller: have been a fan of his since college. Yes he's small and yes I'm not expecting him to score 7 tds on 20 reception or whatever it was but most people think he is just a deep threat but that couldn't be more wrong. I believe only 1 of those tds last year was over 40 yards and while he definitely can be a deep threat that's not the only thing he's good at. Of course hopkins will demand a lot of targets but should still be plenty for fuller. Can easily see him end up with a 60-1000-8 line at the end of the year

Jordan Reed - I have to believe that Jordan is motivated to stay healthy in a contract year, I like what I'm hearing
I have to believe that his motivation has zero to do with his propensity for injuries.  Does lack of motivation lead to concussions?

I have to believe that his motivation has zero to do with his propensity for injuries.  Does lack of motivation lead to concussions?
Your attempt to be cute can actually be answered: 

Yes. Lack of motivation will undoubtedly lead to poor concentration and flat out laziness. Those who do not concentrate on where their body is will be more at risk for injury. There is a reason Brett Favre had a long career without major injury- knowing how to fall and how to take a hit, how to position your body so that you don't get hit or if you do you can absorb it effectively, minimizing injury risk. 

Those without motivation are likely to be "going through the motions" and therefore unaware of their body positions. Concussions are the most significant, yes. Concussion frequency is actually more related to style of play than it is previous concussions. Severity of concussion symptoms are related to number of prior concussion yes, but one concussion does not mean more are likely. It's more of a style of play. If a guy puts himself in certain situations (lowering his head a certain way prior to being hit), he is likely to be at more risk of concussion. Someone not very motivated will be less aware of body position and more at risk for concussions. 

If you're motivated to stay healthy, then you are likely taking greater awareness of your body's position while you play and while you are getting hit. And that can lead to a lesser risk of injury. 

If you're motivated to stay healthy, then you are likely taking greater awareness of your body's position while you play and while you are getting hit. And that can lead to a lesser risk of injury. 
This also seems like you will be less motivated to attempt to make a play, or go over the middle.  If I'm more motivated to not get hurt than I am to play to the best of my ability, then it's likely that I'm also going to be shying away from hits and leaving yards on the field.  I suppose that's a fine line that every player must personally determine.

This also seems like you will be less motivated to attempt to make a play, or go over the middle.  If I'm more motivated to not get hurt than I am to play to the best of my ability, then it's likely that I'm also going to be shying away from hits and leaving yards on the field.  I suppose that's a fine line that every player must personally determine.
Not necessarily. One can make a play and still land appropriately. You don't have to sacrifice your body for every big play. You must have not read what I wrote:

knowing how to fall and how to take a hit, how to position your body so that you don't get hit or if you do you can absorb it effectively, minimizing injury risk. 

Marshawn Lynch.

Doug Martin - sounds like he likes the Offense, saying it's the best line he's played behind. I know he's only good in even numbered years, following a lunar eclpise and the discovery of water on Mars, but there's simply no tread left on Lynch's tires, he was worse last year than his last season in Seattle. he simply has hit the RB wall, worse than Emmitt Smith in Az. something HAS to give, and DM has some opportunity here. not saying he's going to produce, but if EVER there was a time to do so, it is now..
FWIW, it's Muscle Hampster and not Beastmode who has been generating all of the camp buzz so far. I doubt this means there has been a change in using Lynch as the team's lead back, but from what we saw last year in terms of Lynch rotating in/out frequently and even taking himself out of series, I'm higher on Martin at his ADP than Lynch at his.

I like the Gallup call -- more out of lack of options in the DAL receiving game than anything else. Could be a solid last round flier that develops into a dependable WR3/flex option.

Kerryon Johnson is looking more interesting.

I think Blount is going to be exposed when not running behind the Pats or Eagles OL, and it’s not like he was great last year. Riddick will get some passing game looks and we know who Abdullah is. 

Seems like the rookie may be able to separate from the pack, just unclear how much of a committee it’s going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread