What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (4 Viewers)

Rodgers from season ender to dropping 33 points to outshine Brady’s 31 lol my QB plan is working....

If you didn’t take the Bears D shame on you....

lol many on my team crapped the bed but onto week 2... miss the good old days when cuts weren’t really till like week 5 lol. 

20.6 above the cut line.  Man it would suck to be put out the first week.  I still have Jordy (-11.4) and Cook (-8.4) so maybe I can get a few more points.  That's what I get for liking my team.
I am + 26 with only Oakland D left (-16) so probably done scoring. Kelce's 2.10 (and Burton's 3.00) may be my downfall

Thank you. I kept going to that page and it was always blank except for two ads. I saw it was blank and clicked back on my team. It takes a couple of seconds to load. 

BTW... do you get revenue if we click on the ads?

thanks
It takes a few seconds to load the ~15K entries into the grid right now  - but the page will get faster as the weeks go by and more teams are eliminated.

I do get some money via the ads but I'm not supposed to advocate for anyone to click them (it's against the terms of use for displaying the ads).  If you like the app and want to show your appreciation with a donation that would be great.

40 above cut line with only TE Cook left, so should be fine.  Most important, no injuries!

I'll have to check to see if anyone owns both Olsen and Walker at TE - only 12 teams own both

Last edited by a moderator:
My team did well enough this week but for now, it's going to be stressful fading Conner.

Nice start for the Bears/Browns TD combo

It takes a few seconds to load the ~15K entries into the grid right now  - but the page will get faster as the weeks go by and more teams are eliminated.

I do get some money via the ads but I'm not supposed to advocate for anyone to click them (it's against the terms of use for displaying the ads).  If you like the app and want to show your appreciation with a donation that would be great.
I did donate, but saw an ad I liked and wanted to click on it. 

Your site is what helps make this contest my favorite each year. 

Go east on the clicks. If the advertiser believes people hit it nonstop or there is a pattern of excess  clicks, they could stop the ads on the site. I am not great with that stuff, but have read a few things. 
In this case it's probably web.com or someone selling a service to get clicks.  No real worries in that case although it does f the advertiser.

Pretty good week 1.  Made the cut and none of my players got injured. That’s all that really matters. Rank 873 with Gurley left. Oh yeah!

198 enough to make it through.

We shall see if the WR shotgun approach of Dorsett, Ryan Grant, Ginn, Westbrook, Gallup, Woods, and my boy Josh Gordon can survive until Mark Ingram is done being suspended.

I made a dummy submission a couple weeks ago and forgot to go back and analyze it.  Alive for now and probably a few more weeks but there won't be a deep run for me this year. 

Go east on the clicks. If the advertiser believes people hit it nonstop or there is a pattern of excess  clicks, they could stop the ads on the site. I am not great with that stuff, but have read a few things. 
Agreed.  If you aren't interested in the ad don't click on it - ultimately the ads could be pulled from the site if the ad network thinks there is click abuse.

Nothing from Kelce or my #1 Wr (Goodwin) and what I consider subpar performances from Elliott, David Johnson and Cmac. However, Conner, Cleveland D, Dalton & Stills have me at 176 with J. Cook (-6.9) and Goff (-23.95) to go.  I'll take it and move on.

200 but worried about my RB’s (Fournette, Royce, Howard)

Conner was my #1. And prob will still that way for the immediate future at least. 

190 with Lynch left, was rescued by my WRs because my RBs were horrendous. Also I just noticed all of my TE have the same bye. Oh well.

Average entry has about 2.16 players going tonight.

S Darnold  QB  JETS  2488 entries

J Goff  QB  LAR  2312 entries

T Gurley  RB  LAR  2201 entries

Rams  DT  LAR  1806 entries

C Kupp  WR  LAR  1805 entries

M Lynch  RB  OAK  1590 entries

G Zuerlein  PK  LAR  1563 entries

K Golladay  WR  DET  1461 entries

D Carr  QB  OAK  1407 entries

M Stafford  QB  DET  1148 entries

B Powell  RB  JETS  1132 entries

Raiders  DT  OAK  1075 entries

B Cooks  WR  LAR  1012 entries

K Johnson  RB  DET  978 entries

L Blount  RB  DET  884 entries

A Cooper  WR  OAK  775 entries

M Jones  WR  DET  761 entries

R Anderson  WR  JETS  741 entries

J Cook  TE  OAK  700 entries

R Woods  WR  LAR  689 entries

J Nelson  WR  OAK  672 entries

J Kelly  RB  LAR  568 entries

I Crowell  RB  JETS  550 entries

M Prater  PK  DET  479 entries

Jets  DT  JETS  449 entries

Q Enunwa  WR  JETS  399 entries

E Pineiro  PK  OAK  379 entries

G Tate  WR  DET  358 entries

Lions  DT  DET  358 entries

C Santos  PK  JETS  329 entries

T Higbee  TE  LAR  177 entries

T Pryor  WR  JETS  154 entries

T Riddick  RB  DET  154 entries

A Abdullah  RB  DET  140 entries

L Willson  TE  DET  139 entries

D Martin  RB  OAK  130 entries

G Everett  TE  LAR  125 entries

T Rawls  RB  JETS  122 entries

J Kearse  WR  JETS  102 entries

J Richard  RB  OAK  79 entries

M Bryant  WR  OAK  76 entries

D Washington  RB  OAK  64 entries

M Brown  RB  LAR  59 entries

J Leggett  TE  JETS  37 entries

T Jones  WR  DET  35 entries

J McCown  QB  JETS  32 entries

E McGuire  RB  JETS  13 entries

M Roberts  TE  DET  7 entries

Good luck to those sweating The Turk!

-QG

another middle of the road start for me at 173.3 so far. have a number of players going tonight, notables being Lynch and Golladay.

seemingly good picks after week 1: mahomes, p dorsett, g allison, TY, godwin

seemingly bad picks after week 1: roethlisberger

dead money week 1 (0 points): Goodwin, Wallace, T Smith (NO), C Williams (ARI)

In seemingly good shape with 177 in the clubhouse.  But if my TEs don't start playing like they're in the NFL, I won't be long for this world.

$20 - G Olsen - 6.30
$  3 - N Vannett - 2.60
$ 25 -T Kelce - 2.10
$  4 - D Goedert - 1.90
$  3 - B Jarwin - 0.00

There are two Graham narratives:

A: He's slow and only a red zone target now, OR

B: Seattle's QB has never had a productive relationship with a receiver not named Doug Baldwin.

If the more popular narrative (A) turns out to be false, Graham is the only TE in the league other than Kelce who can outperform 16 game Gronk.
How did Graham look last night? Four targets in a come from behind victory has to be disconcerting to Graham owners. 

In seemingly good shape with 177 in the clubhouse.  But if my TEs don't start playing like they're in the NFL, I won't be long for this world.

$20 - G Olsen - 6.30
$  3 - N Vannett - 2.60
$ 25 -T Kelce - 2.10
$  4 - D Goedert - 1.90
$  3 - B Jarwin - 0.00
looks like Olsen may be out for an extended period

I was all set to spend a bunch of money at TE in this contest due to the 1.5 PPR at the position. But yesterday reminded me that aside from Gronk, the TE position is a mess in the NFL and you can only count on a couple of players to do well every week. One of those two is Jordan Reed - and what's the over/under for games played for Jordan Reed? Five?

How did Graham look last night? Four targets in a come from behind victory has to be disconcerting to Graham owners. 
The most disturbing aspect was that Cobb looks like he's not done. 

Teams that get beat deep like the Bears are funny to me.  Its not like Green Bay's running game is scary so how about we not give up 1000 yards to the WRs in one quarter of football?

He looked just like last year. Slow and old, but still a great red zone or short yardage safety valve. His days as a top 5ish tight end are over. He will only an sniff the top 10 if the touchdowns are there. 

Interesting week 1 facts about my team. 

Rodgers and Brady did in fact have mirror nights. 

Not one RB broke 20points

my most expensive WR is $11 and both flex came from WR

my heavy loaded TE core... was lead my 3$ Swaim with 6 and change

my $2 kicker outscored 10 of my 21 picks

my $2 D was only outscored by 5 players total

this is either gonna be a fun year or a very short year lol. 

Jared Cook?

Blech. I couldn't possibly be less of a fan.  I documented my incredulity about the hyping of the guy when he went to GB on some thread around here a couple of years ago.  He wasn't actually a TE1 last year -- 54 catches for 688 yards and 2 TDs put him squarely in the top-half of TE2 range, which I guess if fine as far as that goes.  But he's got no big-game upside.  He drops the ball, runs horrible routes at (a lot of) times, and is remarkably unable to go up and get the ball in traffic given his body.  And last year was his best year in his 9 year career.  I got to watch him up close and personal for years at Tennessee.  He is just not good.  He looks like he should be awesome.  But he isn't.  He thinks he is (when he announced that he should be franchised by the Titans as a WR, it was one of the more absurd things I've ever seen in the NFL, and that's saying something).  But he isn't.  We have 9 years of data now that shows exactly what he is, IMO.

Unto each his own, obviously, but I think he was overpriced at $8.  For $2 or even $3 I could squint and see it.  But that's why there are thousands of different rosters in this competition every year.  Give me Hooper for that $8.  He has the dropsies and can't run routes at (a lot of) times too.  But he's on the right side of 30 and is still theoretically improving.

He finished TE12 in my PPR league :shrug:  

ETA: Hooper will be lucky to have as many targets as Cook has receptions this year 

so far so good

Interesting my cheapest players are the scoring leaders at each position for me.

QB - Jameis Winston - TB/5 - $10
QB - Derek Carr - OAK/7 - $9
QB - Andy Dalton - CIN/9 - $6

RB - Melvin Gordon - LAC/8 - $30
RB - Saquon Barkley - NYG/9 - $28
RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26
RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16
RB - Aaron Jones - GB/7 - $9
RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8
RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4

WR - Devin Funchess - CAR/4 - $16
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6