What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (10 Viewers)

Connor and Winston owner here, and couldn't be happier about the way this is going.  Don't need Connor as I'm well above the cut, so let's cut some of those owners loose.  And, with Fitzpatrick looking like the Fitzpatrick we all know, that paves an easier path for Winston's return to pair with Mahomes and Bortles.  

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

-QG

if quizguy gets eliminated whos gonna update us on his team at halftime of the 1pm games every week with posts like

152.45 + (Rivers/Stafford - 23.95) + (Freeman/Kelly/Zeke/McCaffrey - 6.90/10.10/13.10/33.70) + (M Jones/Gallup/Chad Williams - 10.10/13.10/13.50/19.60) + (Burton/Seals-Jones/Vannett - 5.80/10.10/13.10) + (Butker - 9.80) + (Jets/Raiders - 16)

say it aint so!

if quizguy gets eliminated whos gonna update us on his team at halftime of the 1pm games every week with posts like

152.45 + (Rivers/Stafford - 23.95) + (Freeman/Kelly/Zeke/McCaffrey - 6.90/10.10/13.10/33.70) + (M Jones/Gallup/Chad Williams - 10.10/13.10/13.50/19.60) + (Burton/Seals-Jones/Vannett - 5.80/10.10/13.10) + (Butker - 9.80) + (Jets/Raiders - 16)

say it aint so!
you'll have to pick up the torch, gb

-QG

so to recap godwins night:

fumble

2 td drops

insane heads up play for a long td that didnt count

20 yard sick catch and run on 3rd and 18

awesome td catch

did i miss anything??

Calcomatic has a cut of 152.75

Crazy week - almost done in by a rash of mediocre play.

My 3 QBs were between 23 and 26.

My highest skill guy that counted had 20.40.  My lowest had 11.50. 

I had 3 guys on my bench with 11, 11.8, and 12 points.

My kickers scored between 8.4 and 12.4

My 4 Defense Strategy might have saved me.  Cleveland counted for only 8, but my other 3 defenses had 4, 1, and 1.

Anyway looks like on to week 4 :pickle:

-QG

Calcomatic has a cut of 152.75

Crazy week - almost done in by a rash of mediocre play.

My 3 QBs were between 23 and 26.

My highest skill guy that counted had 20.40.  My lowest had 11.50. 

I had 3 guys on my bench with 11, 11.8, and 12 points.

My kickers scored between 8.4 and 12.4

My 4 Defense Strategy might have saved me.  Cleveland counted for only 8, but my other 3 defenses had 4, 1, and 1.

Anyway looks like on to week 4 :pickle:

-QG
I just refreshed, and the cut line is now 152.65

So, after 3 weeks, which players have you not used yet?  Mine are:

QB - Eli Manning

RB - Aaron Jones, Peyton Barber

WR - Marquise Goodwin, Michael Gallup, John Ross, Taywan Taylor

TE - Charles Clay, Ryan Griffin

K - Caleb Sturgis (technically he scored the same as Lambo in week 2)

D - have used all of CLE, CHI, and PIT

My only player off week 4 is Christian McCaffrey, so I should have 28 healthy options.

QB - Eli Manning

My only player off week 4 is Christian McCaffrey, so I should have 28 healthy options.
QB-Eli

RB-Barber,Ty Montgomery

WR-Westbrook

D-Raiders

So only 5 players have not counted for me.  I guess that's good?

QB - Eli Manning

QB - Trubisky, Dalton, Darnold

RB - Cohen

WR - John Ross

TE - none

K - Sturgis

D - Packers, Dolphins

have 4 QBs (Mahomes), 4 K, and 4 D.

ETA: 106352

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more teams you have to root for...

- 6 out of 61 entries made the week 2 cut with only 2 WR's.  I have put them in order of my favorites, based on the rest of their team.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/114272.php - The only remaining team with only 2 RB's and 2 WR's.  Week 3 he will be assured 2 goose eggs.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/104294.php - To only roster 2 WR's is crazy, but to have those WR's on the same team is completely insane.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/107138.php - If you go with only 2 WR's, at least make them both studs.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/104887.php - This guy is averaging over 206 pts, and must count all 4 RB's and his only TE each week.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/109506.php - TE's?  He doesn't need any stinking TE's.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/105491.php - In Deshaun he trusts.

Honorable mention goes to the team below.  Spending only $13 on 2 RB's and making it to week 3 is amazing.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/104051.php
Amazingly, 4 of the above 7 teams have made the week 3 cut.  Dead teams in red.

Ownership percentages are from start of the contest.

QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15  7.60%  (used 0)

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13  19.10%  #16 Owned (used 1)

QB - Andy Dalton - CIN/9 - $6  19.60%  #15 Owned (used 2)

Still feel good about all three of these veterans.  Frankly they've been better than I've expected.  Glad I have 'em

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35  7.89% (used 3)

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26  28.40%  #6 Owned (used 3)

RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16  35.08%  #5 Owned (used 1)

RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8  41.12%   #1 Owned (used 0)

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4  35.84%  #4 Owned (used 1)

RB - John Kelly - LAR/12 - $3  3.76% (used 0 - hasn't dressed yet)

RB - Jeremy Hill - NE/11 - $3  8.72% (used 0 - he's out for the year)

Having less regret ditching Mixon than I did after week 1.  My two studs are contributing.  Still worried about the pull-tab bunch.  Freeman benefited from Lindsay getting ejected like a knucklehead.  I need more from him.  Barber has been a waste so far - Jacquizzguy eating some series I noticed tonight.  Conner has only counted once but with the way the Bell situation has disintegrated getting a #1 back for $4 is gonna be big.  Need him to do something this week with McCaffrey on bye.  Kelly isn't dressing - looks like a pure whiff and a bad pull tab.  Hill was an unlucky pull tab - really have no regrets on that one.

WR - Marvin Jones - DET/6 - $20  5.03% (used 2)

WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13  36.70%  #2 Owned (used 0)

WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $6  15.09%  #31 Owned (used 0)

WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6  13.86%  #35 Owned (used 3)

WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6  21.05%  #13 Owned (used 3)

WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5  7.48% (used 1)

WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5  24.43%  #11 Owned (used 0)

WR - Chad Williams - ARI/9 - $3  0.67% (used 0)

WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2  12.26%  #45 Owned (used 1)

Feel a little better about Marvin Jones - Golladay is gonna be a big piece and so will Tate but I don't think it results in Jones being a forgotten man.  More boom or bust than I'd like my top guy but I ultimately think he'll still be worth it.  Godwin has been a godsend.  Glad I took John Brown - definitely was a case of track record and opportunity coming together  and it may end up the best $5 I spend in the contest.  I fear the 1 use I got out of Dorsett may be it - maybe he'll get one other random game where Belichick pulls him off the shelf but with only 3 wide receivers dressing for New England he puts up a ZERO?  Stuff like that will have Belichick continue to shop for replacements to eat up those targets - Josh Gordon is very bad news for my $2 special.  Think Westbrook will throw in a contribution here or there.  Worried that Goodwin's year will be destroyed with Garropolo out for the year - but we'll see what happens - especially if they opt to add a QB via trade.  As for Gallup, Ross, and Williams?  Looking like a sheer waste of $14.  All had starter opportunities to begin the year.  Gallup and Williams are in poor offenses and may not stay starters.  Ross will be my big regret in this contest I fear - I should have stuck with my initial homer analysis that Boyd was the guy to get (and for $2 cheaper) - you could see it start to click last year as shown by the TD that knocked out Baltimore.  When they ditched Lafell it wasn't for Ross - it was for Boyd.  Until Ross starts doing things to gain Dalton trust, even with AJ Green out, I fear that his share of snaps will actually decrease.  Put all this together and it is worrysome group that is thinner than I expected.  And also in hindsight - too many young pulltabs.  Not enough John Brown/Tyler Boyd types.

TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14  25.58%  #10 Owned (2 used)

TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12  20.08%  #14 Owned (0 used)

TE - Ricky Seals-Jones - ARI/9 - $7  10.52%  #60 Owned (1 used)

TE - Nick Vannett - SEA/7 - $3  3.06% (0 used)

Seals-Jones gets a long TD catch 3 minutes in.  And does nothing else the rest of the game.  Burton has been okay - but I frankly was hoping for more.  Njoku may hold some hope with the change at quarterback.  Vannett is in the mix - which is encouraging at least but so far this group is treading water at best.

PK - Harrison Butker - KC/12 - $4  16.93%  #23 Owned  (used 0)

PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3  13.67%  #37 Owned (used 1.5)

PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2  18.33%  #18 Owned (used 1.5)

No real big weeks from this group so far - though 12.4 from Fairbairn this week was just enough.  KC is scoring so many touchdowns it is hurting Butker.  This group has made all of it's extra points and the only miss was from 54 yards by Fairbairn.  The main things are healthy and job security and so far so good with that.

TD - Jets - Jets/11 - $3  2.97% (used 1)

TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  7.77% (used 1)

TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2  7.11% (used 0)

TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2  22.17%  #12 Owned (used 1)

This group still has me feeling great.  3 had down weeks this week but the pedestrian 8.0 I got from the Browns kept me afloat.

-QG

You guys are turning this into a full time job lol guess I’m the only one that just checks my score on Monday night to see if I made it haha. 

QuizGuy66 said:
Now Godwin drops a TD :(
-QG
Yep, that cost me.

Well, that and swapping McCaffery for Fournette. And taking Derrick Henry. And royce Freeman. 

Last year my backs (Gordon, Gurley, Hunt) carried me to the finals. This year they kick me out in week 3. 

Good luck to y'all.

:bye:

Goedert was my 2nd highest scoring player(23.8) behind only Gurly and my other TEs also counted for me this week(Rudolph,McDonald). Scored 192+ to easily advance.

Here's a list of week 3 inactive RB's that were expensive ($15 or more), along with # of active submissions:

ETA - # of teams that made it to week 4 in bold

Leonard Fournette ($29) - 1727 - 349 of these owners also have Yeldon - 1257

Joe Mixon ($24) - 822 - 20 of these owners also have Bernard - 575

Dalvin Cook ($27) - 711 - 62 of these owners also have Murray - 485

Mark Ingram ($20) - 436 - I consider him a standalone player, but 15 of these owners also have Kamara - 333

Jay Ajayi ($20) - 298 - 13 of these owners also have Clement - 197

Devonta Freeman ($25) - 267 - 11 of these owners also have Coleman - 193

LeSean McCoy ($21) - 230 - 4 of these owners also have Ivory - 170

LeVeon Bell ($37) - 143 - 57 of these owners also have Conner - 96

Marlon Mack ($15) - 132 - 8 of these owners also have Wilkins; 1 of these owners also have Hines - that 1 owner also has Wilkins - 100

Jerick McKinnon ($24) - 47 - 4 of these owners also have Breida - 33

Ronald Jones ($18) - 35 - maybe he suits up today, I dunno - 9 of these owners also have Barber - 28

Derrius Guice ($22) - 13 - none of these owners also have Thompson - 8

Out by 1 point this week.  I’ve made to to at least week 12 for the last 3-4 years so definitely a bit of a disappointment.  QB position did me in 

Users who are viewing this thread