What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

Was 3.15 behind and now 4.15 up! Gurley now only 0.5 away from fully counting and Hill 100% counting. Can’t believe the creep on this cut.

The Kelce TD line move convinced me that I have nothing left to live for. I needed him to outrun the Turk by 14, but there’s no way that happens.  In the words of Kramer, “I’m out!”  Sleep beckons.

A couple of postscripts:

This year was my best finish ever.  I can’t wait to use what I learned next year (yeah, I know,,,)

i did learn that if you draft seven WRs, and only two of them score - not even count, just score - you will likely lose.  Thank you Landry, Taylor, Cole, Allison, and Cowboy bust T Williams.  And to the highly-owned Brown/Ross combo, you weren’t much help, either.

it hurts less to get knocked out early.

i won all three of my season-long leagues this week, clinching playoffs in two of them.  It feels hollow.

Best of luck to all who remain.  My most fervent hope is that someone on the boards takes the whole thing.  

Until next year...
Yeah I feel the same way - kinda okay that it looks like I'm getting blown out tonight and there's been a slow steady attrition of my players the last few weeks.  Still won't hurt as much as my best-ever finish in this contest:  I finished exactly 250th a few years ago.  Made the final and like 5 key guys got hurt the very last week.

Though in searching for that entry I found my entry from 2014.  Eliminated by 1.20 in Week 12.  Would've finished 92nd.  This is probably my true best-ever entry :(

2014 linky

Ah here it is - it was 2015.  This team absolutely got destroyed with injuries .  Terrance West - who I think was cut mid year once or even twice ended up counting during the playoffs :lmao: Anyway here's that one:  2015 linky

This year felt more like I was skimming above the trees the last few weeks and had critical misapplications of dollars.  Still is a bummer though :kicksrock:

Still better than getting bounced week 6 which I did in 2016 and 2017.  Love this contest so much - maybe one day I'll put it all together.  Anyway time to plan for the postseason contest ;)

Good luck to all still in it.  More postmortem later.

-QG

Most places in vegas the under/over was 63 the 2nd highest I can remember and it 21 over that, also the line has moved more than any other game in my i think 6 years of playing this and the game isnt over

I dont feel safe at 185 now with no players playing

Last edited by a moderator:
Between this contest and this being the final week of National High Stakes Contests regular season, I've gone through a ridiculous amount of Skoal in the last 48 hours...

Game is insane.  Offensive scoring.  Defensive scoring.  One of the truly rare games to live up to all the hype.

Meanwhile ... came in 12 below the cut.  And I'm still 12 below the cut.  Cooks has 7:42 to get in the end zone to bring me remotely close.  That dropped bomb pretty much let me know how this would end up.  

Good luck to all moving on and thanks again to the guys who put in the work to make this a great contest every year.

That TD just pushed me above the cut line!  59.70 from Mahomes and 29.00 from the Rams.  Holding on by 1.2 points!  Not sure if it'll be enough, but I had no shot most of the night.

100226 Rank: 800 (Score: 185.15)

I was 3 after afternoon games, line has moved over a 40 and im in danger of losing but im ok with what ever what a game

Moral of the story - while you don't want to go all 105400 with the late bye week you shouldn't let it dominate your thinking.  I'd call it a fatal error by frankly the week 12 bye guy I had in most iterations was Gurley.

-QG

And Chiefs get the ball back with plenty of time for more points.  Unbelievable. 

177.25 Cut Line and it's still going to climb.

Last TD brought me teasingly close ...only 3.6 down now.  But not enough Cooks and too many Chiefs points still to come.

OT anyone???

And Chiefs get the ball back with plenty of time for more points.  Unbelievable. 

177.25 Cut Line and it's still going to climb.

Last TD brought me teasingly close ...only 3.6 down now.  But not enough Cooks and too many Chiefs points still to come.

OT anyone???
Agree...Not enough Cooks!

I am hanging by 2.2 pts!!

Entry 101153 Rank: 892 (Score: 185.3)

I feel like I just dodged a train.

ETA: Entry 101153 Rank: 909 (Score: 184.3) whoa...closer than I thought.

I have Goff and Hill and the Rams' D, but I was still a little worried tonight.  Coming in I was only 20 points above the cut line and Goff was at -20, Rams were -13, and Hill was -9.

I watched the game and enjoyed it, but at 54-51 I was worried that I might not survive the cut.  And I wasn't watching the cut line move during the game.

Checked my score at the end, 240 points.  O....kay I guess I shouldn't have been nervous after all ;)  

Users who are viewing this thread